Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2022, 11:02   #6106
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Help needed on diagnosis of the issue. There is a peculiar sound coming in from possibly the rear side of Tata Hexa XMA 2019, run for 20000+ kms. It drives just fine and the issue was noticed this morning. Attaching video to diagnose the issue. Before going to service center wanted to understand if anyone else faced this issue before! Please ignore my dad suggesting to go over a hump to see if the issue will fix by itself

The only car in the garage so quick help appreciated!

Last edited by kaushik_ak : 5th March 2022 at 11:04.
kaushik_ak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 11:38   #6107
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Usually it's the rusted and cracked exhaust pipe, replaced under warranty - it's a bit expensive. If not in warranty you can have it welded at a nearby FNG, make sure to rust proof it afterwards.
Kosfactor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 14:40   #6108
BHPian

Yes it indeed was an issue with exhaust pipe. Thank you!
kaushik_ak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 18:41   #6109
BHPian

Sad story! In that photo it seems odd that that level of water can damage so many electronics and the transmission. Was the water level much higher earlier to this photograph? I also own and automatic Hexa and am a native of Nagercoil - though based at Chennai. The HEXA is really the best highway cruiser in terms of comfort. Sorry for your loss.
noelravin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 23:37   #6110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
]

Also, changed the stock 5" Harman system with a 9", 4/64 GB Woodman android head unit around 3 months back. The head unit fits perfectly, touch response and overall speed are excellent, and the sound output is also better than the stock system. Very happy with the product.

Attachment 2124346

Attachment 2124347

Do AC related info and controls show up on the screen of the new infotainment system? And can Climate control be controlled from on-screen buttons? What about Voice commands, specially for AC related commands?
Old 8th March 2022, 08:05   #6111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHUJNMC View Post
Do AC related info and controls show up on the screen of the new infotainment system? And can Climate control be controlled from on-screen buttons? What about Voice commands, specially for AC related commands?
No for all.

These features were not there in the original system also.
nvldvr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 14:27   #6112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkonweb View Post
Contd from post # 6090

This is how my beloved Hexa looked ready to be towed by the salvage buyer...too good to let go!
Pains to see such a pristine car go down like this. I can feel the range of emotions you must have undergone within a few days brother.

Wish you a speedy delivery of the Safari and a happy ownership experience of the same!
Prashant1286 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 11:49   #6113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_Auto View Post
A quick question for the owners of Hexa Automatics and fellow car enthusiasts:

For TC ATs which are "Filled for Life Time", per the manufacturer, would you as yet change the AT fluid?

A bone of contention is the AT fluid.
While TATA Motors claims that the Punch Powerglide sourced 6L50 AT GB is "Filled for Life Time",
This filled/sealed for life can he self fulfilling prophecy.. Isn't it?

I suggest you see video on Autoxpert Australia YouTube channel and what he says about it.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th March 2022 at 12:04. Reason: Please quote *ONLY* the relevant bits of a post. Thanks.
ASHUJNMC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 10:33   #6114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHUJNMC View Post
This filled/sealed for life can he self fulfilling prophecy.. Isn't it?

I suggest you see video on Autoxpert Australia YouTube channel and what he says about it.
I have been through the YouTube video that you are referring to.
Agree with it. In simple terms, mechanical parts which require any kind of lubrication, need the lubricant to be changed at prescribed / regular intervals.

The challenge that I see is:
1. The Punch Powerglide sourced 6L50 AT TC GB is unknown territory for most in India.
2. TATA, the manufacturer for the Hexa is claiming that the GB is sealed and, hence does not require any ATF replacement.
3. Internationally, the ATF replacement for this same GB is recommended.
4. TATA ASC does not have the competence / will / required authorisation from TATA to replace the ATF.

Given the above, Hexa AT Owners are left to fend for themselves.

It would be helpful if any Hexa AT Owner who has gone through an ATF replacement / flush can share his/her experience so that others can benefit from this.
MS_Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 01:31   #6115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
TD of Hexa at Concorde Motors, Prabhadevi, Mumbai

Someday ... maybe the Hexa or the next Safari. Someday!
That 'Someday' ... was YESTERDAY!

Got home a Tata Hexa XTA - Arizona Blue. Can't believe my good fortune. I was scrolling through the forum searching for accessories and known issues - and found my own post from (almost) 5 years ago.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 16:28   #6116
BHPian

Quote:
That 'Someday' ... was YESTERDAY!

Got home a Tata Hexa XTA - Arizona Blue. Can't believe my good fortune. I was scrolling through the forum searching for accessories and known issues - and found my own post from (almost) 5 years ago.
Congratulations Doc!

Guess your five year old wish came true. Hexa is a wonderful car. Many many happy miles in your new ride. Do share the pics!

Regards,
Prashant
Old 24th March 2022, 12:28   #6117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant1286 View Post
Congratulations Doc!

Guess your five year old wish came true. Hexa is a wonderful car. Many many happy miles in your new ride. Do share the pics!

Regards,
Prashant
Thank you very much! Life has strange ways! From the time I booked the Tiago, I was dreaming about owning the H5 and H7 (Harrier and Gravitas). When the Gravitas was re-branded to Safari, I was even more excited. But sadly, a TD of both those products left me disappointed.
For 2 years, I have been waiting for a Nexon with a DCT (or DCA in Tata parlance). That did not happen either. This was not even in the list! And it just happened. My first ever pre-owned vehicle. Ever!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 16:06   #6118
BHPian

Quote:
This was not even in the list! And it just happened. My first ever pre-owned vehicle. Ever!
I can truly understand your feelings Doc. I also got my Hexa just by chance. I was not looking for a Hexa, but I guess it had to happen. Serendipity it is!

As for the harrier/ safari, they both are great cars. But Hexa is something more than that.
Old 25th March 2022, 16:11   #6119
BHPian

Front LH fender lining and cover damaged

Hello experts,

While on a recent trip on the Agra-Lucknow expressway, my Hexa started making weird knocking sounds. I pulled over and noticed that the front left-hand side fender lining and cover (the one over the tire that covers the body) is damaged is torn into two pieces. I am yet to enquire it from any of the service centers about its replacement, but can anybody throw some light if it would be covered under warranty, and if not, how much would it cost?

Another concern that I am facing is with the reverse parking sensors that came factory fitted. Whenever I engage the reverse gear, only the second division out of four divisions of the camera view shows up all Red without any obstruction/objects at the reverse. Rest all three divisions gradually turn up Red when the vehicle is moved closer to any obstruction. Do I need to replace my parking sensors? And does this case qualify for a warranty.

Thanks,

-Shiva
shivathedude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 17:24   #6120
BHPian

Re: Front LH fender lining and cover damaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
but can anybody throw some light if it would be covered under warranty, and if not, how much would it cost?
Most probably the service center will claim that this happened due to external damage like some projectile damaging the covering. So chances are less but give it a shot. For price, search on Boodmo online and cross check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
Do I need to replace my parking sensors? And does this case qualify for a warranty.
It looks like the specific sensor is kaput. You will have to replace the same. Warranty if still valid should cover this. Do you still have active warranty ?
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed