Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2019, 14:28   #5416
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Guys I am very happy and excited to announce here that I have finally booked the Hexa XT grey colour. In all this process I really thankful to Team-bhp and members for clearing my doubts and help me selecting my dream car. Overall I got good deal as very less stock is available and no colour choice. I will further need help in selecting necessary accessories and any colour protection treatments. Once again thanks to all.
sandeepsc is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 15:46   #5417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Guys I am very happy and excited to announce here that I have finally booked the Hexa XT grey colour. In all this process I really thankful to Team-bhp and members for clearing my doubts and help me selecting my dream car. Overall I got good deal as very less stock is available and no colour choice. I will further need help in selecting necessary accessories and any colour protection treatments. Once again thanks to all.
Congratulations... And celebration! If hexa does get discontinued, you will be one of the last lucky buyers. Enjoy your ride and keep posting your experience.
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 09:55   #5418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations sandeepsc! So when's the delivery? We want pictures! Wish you happy miles ahead with the king of the roads. Well you have picked the XT. Its loaded to the brim. The only accessory I can think of is a good mobile holder! Good paint protections like ceramic/PPF will cost a bomb for a car like the Hexa. Better check out at 3M once. They generally apply premium pricing to customers with higher buying power (evident in the car driven in ).

Off topic - guys I wonder why the HEXA never got crash tested. Zest, Nexon got rated, Tiago is lined up for sure. No Hexa? It has been the flagship. A true premium offering aimed at the elite buyers. Why not immensely strengthen the car's credentials with a solid 4/5 star GNCAP rating (if the car is good enough)? Its quite stupid not to get it!

I'm wishing for an answer other than "Thats Tata. They never do the things that will help their product sell!". But then I know I'm going to get this answer in all probability. Or does anyone know that the X2 platform isn't exactly the best when it comes to standard tests?

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th December 2019 at 09:57.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 10:12   #5419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Off topic - guys I wonder why the HEXA never got crash tested. Zest, Nexon got rated, Tiago is lined up for sure. No Hexa? It has been the flagship. A true premium offering aimed at the elite buyers. Why not immensely strengthen the car's credentials with a solid 4/5 star GNCAP rating (if the car is good enough)? Its quite stupid not to get it!
Maybe Tata thinks that a 4/5 wouldn't look good on a Hexa when the little brother has scored 5/5. If that's the case, I agree with them on this.

Hope they consider crash testing the BS6 Hexa. Cause if that's done, by Dec 2020, I guess all their cars would've been crash tested. And finally they would have the bragging rights as far as safety is concerned.
TROOPER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 10:25   #5420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Tata Aria had a 4 star rating in 2014. The Hexa is based on the same. Norms have changed since then, and it may still be 4 star, or reduced to 3 star. Tata may be planning more changes before testing.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 12:00   #5421
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations sandeepsc! So when's the delivery? We want pictures! Wish you happy miles ahead with the king of the roads. Well you have picked the XT. Its loaded to the brim. The only accessory I can think of is a good mobile holder! Good paint protections like ceramic/PPF will cost a bomb for a car like the Hexa. Better check out at 3M once. They generally apply premium pricing to customers with higher buying power (evident in the car driven in ).
Dealer is offering three types of accessories combo packs curated for XT/XTA models. The price starts from 38452/- for basic accessories to Rs.1,37,452/- with electric sunroof. The basic accessories mainly contains chrome items with side steps. I am not much interested in those accessories. Mobile holder is not included in the package.

Is it really necessary to have Ceramic coating or PPF for new car. I read in Seltos thread where one of the member straight went for various color and other protection treatments for his new Seltos from 3M.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 12:40   #5422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it really necessary to have Ceramic coating or PPF for new car. I read in Seltos thread where one of the member straight went for various color and other protection treatments for his new Seltos from 3M.
Its never necessary as such. Depends on how you feel about minor scratches. However, if one wants to do it, its best done immediately after delivery. Its quite redundant if done later, after scratches have already been gifted by people on the car.

I'm talking only about PPF/Ceramic coat. Don't go for "Teflon" coat. I have never understood its benefits and use.
Old 18th December 2019, 18:12   #5423
BHPian

A jack fruit falls on Hexa while travelling on the highway.

krishnakarthik1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 20:10   #5424
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians. Some latest update from the plant.

There are no more fresh XT variants available at the plant and neither will they be made from now on. Only XTs available are from June/July 2019 lot. XTAs are being made since Tata has some extra automatic kits which they need to use up. No idea about other variants availability.

So basically if you need an XT then you have very limited colour options that too from June/July lot. I think only Sky Grey and Tungsten Silver are available. So fresh XTs will now only be made in BS6 when that production kicks off.
ram87pune is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 20:16   #5425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians. Some latest update from the plant.

There are no more fresh XT variants available at the plant and neither will they be made from now on. Only XTs available are from June/July 2019 lot. XTAs are being made since Tata has some extra automatic kits which they need to use up. No idea about other variants availability.
Does this mean Hexa is already discontinued till BS6 come in? Or is it just a temporary stop till the new year starts? I can't understand the logic of this unavailability.

It looks to me like an unofficial discontinuation. If they are sure Hexa will continue after BS6, what is preventing them from making new XTs? Why can't they manufacture new manual gearboxes?There is something else going on. May be they are still not confident on the feasiblity of BS6 in Varicor and is waiting for a decision. I would not be surprised if TML decides not to produce Hexa anymore citing cost and market requirements.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 18th December 2019 at 20:29.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 22:47   #5426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm wishing for an answer other than "Thats Tata. They never do the things that will help their product sell!". But then I know I'm going to get this answer in all probability. Or does anyone know that the X2 platform isn't exactly the best when it comes to standard tests?
@Reinhard. Just confirmed from my sources that the upcoming pedestrian protection norms and the crash norms are only applicable to vehicles which have GVW(Gross Vehicle Weight) of less than 2500 kg. So Tata has no worries about Hexa passing these tests since Hexa has a GVW of between 2.7 and 2.9 tonnes.

But don't know why they have not crash tested it at global NCAP. But my sources told me that according to their rough estimates it should be able to achieve 4 stars. And most importantly it is safer than the Harrier as the Harrier does not have enough structural reinforcements to make it a 5 star car as of now.
ram87pune is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 00:51   #5427
BHPian

Quote:
But my sources told me that according to their rough estimates it should be able to achieve 4 stars. And most importantly it is safer than the Harrier as the Harrier does not have enough structural reinforcements to make it a 5 star car as of now.
What's the strategy behind making a cheaper car 5 star safe, and the more expensive ones less safe? Can someone guess where Hexa would lose 1 star? Also, since cars without side airbags achieve 5 star rating, are they not so important? Or does NCAP not have tests for side impact?
Old 19th December 2019, 08:08   #5428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Does this mean Hexa is already discontinued till BS6 come in? Or is it just a temporary stop till the new year starts? I can't understand the logic of this unavailability.
It looks to me like an unofficial discontinuation
You are right @padmarajravi. Just confirmed that XT is indeed unofficially discontinued as of now. Only if Tata gets a sizable chunk of customers before April next year, they will produce it. So let's say I want to buy an XT next February then I won't get one. Will have to wait till Diwali next year for that. Anyways very few people will buy BS4 cars in the next 2-3 months and considering the Hexa sales for the past few months that number will be even more minuscule.

Other variants are being made regularly. Some clarity is still required on this XT saga. Will get back when I have some concrete info.
ram87pune is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 09:28   #5429
Senior - BHPian

I believe they are setting the stage for Gravitas. I can't see any other reason. By the time Gravitas is launched in Jan, Hexa will not be available. Gravitas will take its place. That way they can position it alongside current XUV and have a price advantage for the model which has novelty. By Diwali, if at all Hexa becomes available, depending on market response they can push Gravitas up and place Hexa in its slot. Diwali is a long time away. If they don't see market needs, they can even shelve the model.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 10:08   #5430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Other variants are being made regularly. Some clarity is still required on this XT saga. Will get back when I have some concrete info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I believe they are setting the stage for Gravitas. I can't see any other reason. By the time Gravitas is launched in Jan, Hexa will not be available. Gravitas will take its place. That way they can position it alongside current XUV and have a price advantage for the model which has novelty. By Diwali, if at all Hexa becomes available, depending on market response they can push Gravitas up and place Hexa in its slot. Diwali is a long time away. If they don't see market needs, they can even shelve the model.
Yep I think @padmarajravi makes a good point there. With the top trim Hexa still on sale, it would take a lot of training to the sales staff to make the Gravitas look better in the showroom and on specs. (And we know Tata isn't able to train their sales staff well by experience now.)

With XM+ being the top trim on Hexa, the Gravitas XZ (or XZ+) will have it easier to be priced at a premium without too much frowning. Man, how often do we see this? A car maker having to somehow hide an existing car to save grace for an upcoming car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks