Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2020, 08:09   #5536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
My Aria is missing its wiper washer fluid pipe. The pipe connects the reservoir to the fluid intake cap (where we pour water in).
Hope the below helps-
Boodmo.com Tata Aria Flexible Hose Corrugated

Oriparts.com Tata Aria Wiper & Washer System
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 21:54   #5537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
I apologize if this was discussed earlier.

New owners, can you confirm if auto-folding mirrors while locking are available? My SA said Tata had removed that feature.
Its not a feature but a setting that has to be enabled in the BCM which can be done in any model, new or old. All it requires are powered ORVMs and an SA with a laptop who has done this before!
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 00:09   #5538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Its not a feature but a setting that has to be enabled in the BCM which can be done in any model, new or old. All it requires are powered ORVMs and an SA with a laptop who has done this before!
And a non-Tata car like VW ones. The Tata BCM has all parameters locked out & the SA laptop software has absolutely no configurable items that can be enabled/disabled. I have been down that route & a lot of other Tata owners with Safari Storme etc as well. So chances are near 0.
Old 12th January 2020, 01:27   #5539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
And a non-Tata car like VW ones. The Tata BCM has all parameters locked out & the SA laptop software has absolutely no configurable items that can be enabled/disabled. I have been down that route & a lot of other Tata owners with Safari Storme etc as well. So chances are near 0.
Am sorry to say but on the contrary, all the parameters can be fiddled around with and i myself along with others have enabled this feature successfully without any issues.
There are infact many conditions under which the ORVMs can be configured to operate.

So i would suggest you to re visit that route once again but to a different TASS. Am not sure about Safari though.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 07:34   #5540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Am sorry to say but on the contrary, all the parameters can be fiddled around with and i myself along with others have enabled this feature successfully without any issues..
Not just Reinhard, but others have also tried to adjust the parameters but the BCM is blocked. Even the local TASS guys cant do much.

So if you have found a way to modify the parameters, pls share the detailed steps here so everyone can benefit.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 09:26   #5541
BHPian

Quote:
New owners, can you confirm if auto-folding mirrors while locking are available? My SA said Tata had removed that feature.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't present when I went for PDI. Asked SA to get it updated. And they did it.

On another note, there seems to be a 1-2 second delay in the right ORVM on opening and closing. Hexa owners, any ideas about the same?
TROOPER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 09:46   #5542
Senior - BHPian

Multiple Hexa owners in our telegram group have had their BCM updated to get the auto folding mirror feature. Mine doesn't have the powered mirrors since it is an XMA, but I can confirm the BCM is not locked and can be updated since one of my colleagues with XT model did it. It is not an upgrade of the BCM software, but just a change in one or two setting. Few members also had after market fog lamp connected to stock headlamp switch functionality in lower models. This also needs a change in BCM settings. BCM settings are not locked in Hexa for sure. Knowledgable service advisors know how to change it.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 20:32   #5543
BHPian

Here comes Optimus Prime
Tata Hexa : Official Review-1h.jpeg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-2h.jpeg

Suprise of the day was this. Engine cover retained. Mine is Dec 2019 make.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-3h.jpeg
NitinDev is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 22:00   #5544
BHPian

Congratulation on your new purchase. The white and black combination is looking smashing. I too own a Hexa and love this vehicle. Wish you lots and lots of happy miles.

Regards
HappyRoadie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 23:20   #5545
BHPian

Quote:
Suprise of the day was this. Engine cover retained. Mine is Dec 2019 make.
Congratulations, Nitin..
Do share any other surprises if you find.
The recent price hike needs to be justified anyways..

Btw, it looks smashing in White with black roof.
Few more pics along with your experience at the dealership are awaited.

Enjoy the beast and wish you many miles of happy munching.

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 12th January 2020 at 23:26. Reason: Additional point to mention
Dr.Vikas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 07:41   #5546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
On another note, there seems to be a 1-2 second delay in the right ORVM on opening and closing. Hexa owners, any ideas about the same?
Weird, but i think its true. Noticed today in mine too.
Old 13th January 2020, 11:20   #5547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Yes this delay is present in my Hexa too. Infact in most cars with power folding mirrors, the drivers side mirror folds a fraction of a time slower than that on the passenger side.

This is because if you look closely, the passenger side mirror housing is slightly more angled towards the driver as compared to the driver side housing. It is not clearly visible to the naked eye when viewed from close quarters but if you manage to get a look at your car from the top with the mirrors folded out you can see that slight difference in angle. This is done because since the driver sits on the right side of the car, to keep the viewing angle same the mirror on the left side is slightly closer to the body of the car. So when we fold the mirrors, the right side mirror has to travel that tiny bit more distance to close as compared to the left one. This results in the delay we observe.

Of course the delay should not be more than 1 seconds so as not to make any difference but if it is more then you need to get the motor checked at the service centre.

Last edited by ram87pune : 13th January 2020 at 11:26.
ram87pune is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 12:07   #5548
BANNED

Cross posting from another thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Go ahead and buy those Hexas without fear or apprehension.

Have some good news from a very trusted birdie for all Hexa lovers, buyers & fans alike - the BS6 version of the Hexa is confirmed.

It will come with the same proven VariCor 2.2L unit which is doing duty under the present Hexa's hood, albeit in BS6 tune. Exact specs will be known in the near future.

Launch is most possibly chalked for the 4th quarter of 2020.

Maybe this is the reason why the other birdie couldn't see any Hexas ready for dispatch at the plant.
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 15:26   #5549
BHPian

Many congratulations NitinDev for new Hexa. The white with black roof Hexa looks smashing and macho.

I am too surprised with your surprise. Mine is July-19 make and didn't come with engine cover. Please check if there are much more surprises hidden? I will ask my dealer if same cover can be fitted in my car.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 07:54   #5550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlmtukkar View Post
Can anybody help me out here. Was offered a 1.5lakh discount on the 2019 hexa XTA yesterday(9/1/2020) but today(10/01/2020) I was told all 2019 Hexa's are sold out and I'll have to buy the 2020 BS4 Hexa as of now with no discount offered.
That dealer is making a fool of you! I was said the same that no 2019 model is available in stock. However, I started calling up all the dealers in NCR and got 3-4 deals with 2019 discounts. Call up dealers from nearby locations/states and you should get the good news !

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks