Old 2nd March 2020, 20:11   #5641

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Looks like used more on the highways. Have you checked the history ? Is it from a known person ?

Can you negotiate on the price ?
Can say this has been used on highways mostly.
Friend of a friend is the owner.
Price is after negotiation.
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:35   #5642

Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
Can say this has been used on highways mostly.
Friend of a friend is the owner.
Price is after negotiation.
If you havent yet done it, do get it checked at TASS so if any issues you will know. You can also get the history of replacements there. I think the Timing belt must be changed by 1L - hope this has been done (about 20k expense). (It must be changed @ 5 years or 1L km and I had got it replaced for my Storme).

That BS4 engine is good - I have a 2013 Storme. Also, none of the BS6 factors like DPF, Urea etc.

Let's wait a day for others to chip in on the price.

Last edited by condor : 2nd March 2020 at 20:37.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 23:43   #5643

If you havent yet done it, do get it checked at TASS so if any issues you will know. You can also get the history of replacements there. I think the Timing belt must be changed by 1L - hope this has been done (about 20k expense). (It must be changed @ 5 years or 1L km and I had got it replaced for my Storme).

That BS4 engine is good - I have a 2013 Storme. Also, none of the BS6 factors like DPF, Urea etc.

Let's wait a day for others to chip in on the price.
Thanks for the important update
Old 3rd March 2020, 13:59   #5644

Hi guys, I am posting this query on behalf of my friend who is not present in this forum and is a proud owner of a Hexa. He wants to upsize with a wider profile tyre on the R17 steel rims. Thinking about cooper or maxxis tyres. Currently the stock tyre size is 235/70/R17. He wants to make it 255 or 265 if it is possible without fouling the steering and handling. Maybe add a small 2inch lift also so that it does not foul with the wheel bay. Is there any Hexa owner here who has already attempted this and can recommend a place in Bangalore where this can be done properly

Last edited by gitartha : 3rd March 2020 at 14:09.
Old 7th March 2020, 19:37   #5645

TATA Hexa Sales in Feb-20, a dismal 45% negative Y-O-Y growth.

Name:  11.PNG
Views: 3718
Size:  11.0 KB

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 21:52   #5646

Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
TATA Hexa Sales in Feb-20, a dismal 45% negative Y-O-Y growth.
It's better than the 46 sold in Jan 2020, and if it was available in BS6 avatar now would have sold more.
Old 7th March 2020, 22:18   #5647

Looks like used more on the highways. Have you checked the history ? Is it from a known person ?

Can you negotiate on the price ?
The cost of a vehicle needs to be judged on the service it provides, that is, in terms of cost-per-kilometer. Assuming the Hexa rolls out of the factory with a running life of 200,000 kilometers, the following gives an estimate of the vehicle in the secondary market.

Life of the vehicle: 200,000 kilometers
Cost of the vehicle (ex-showroom price): Rs. 1900,000.00
Cost of the service per kilometer: Rs.9.5

The vehicle has been driven for 100,000 kilometers.

Remaining life of the vehicle: 100,000 kilometers
Cost of the vehicle: Rs. 900,000.00 (approximate value, excluding insurance charges with the assumption that it is built into the asking price of Rs. 9,25,000.00)
Cost of the service per kilometer: Rs. 9

As can be seen, there is virtually no depreciation accounted for in the asking price. Assuming the vehicle is at least 3 years old, depreciation would be up to 40%. Let's work with a value of 30%, assuming you do not intend to sell it before exhausting its life (if you do intend to sell it, depreciation needs to be higher as the resale value of Tata vehicles isn't great, further compounded by the impending arrival of lost-distance electric vehicles etc.).

Cost of the service per kilometer after depreciation of 30%: Rs. 6.3.
Cost of the vehicle (excluding insurance): 100,000 * 6.3 = Rs. 630,000.00
Cost of the vehicle on-road: Rs. 660,000.00 (approximate value)

Thus, there is still plenty of scope for the downward revision of the asking price. If you are buying a user car, don't pay the same amount for the service it renders as you would when you buy a new one.
Old 8th March 2020, 07:37   #5648

Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
Guys I am getting a preowned XTA 2017 WITH 1.00 lakh on d odo for 9.25 lakhs. The car is in pristine condition. Is this a good deal? Should I got for it?
Just to give some reference : A demo vehicle, Brown XTA, 2019 model, with 20k on the ODO was sold yesterday for 14 L in Bangalore.

Considering Bangalore scores highest in second hand vehicle price, 9.25 seems reasonable. May be you can negotiate another 30 -50k and close the deal.

Please look for the following :
1. Service history.
2. Availability of Extended warranty - 1.5 L Kms / 5 years
3. If EGR is replaced.
4. Last time when brake pads were replaced.
5. Excess engine vibration seeping into the cabin.

I own a 2017 XTA with 60k on the ODO. By that experience, I can say that, if the car in question is well looked after, it will easily last for another one lakh kilometres.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 10:11   #5649

Hi Hexa owners,

In my brothers Hexa XT 4x2 (7 months old, 8000 Kms run, 2nd free service done), we are getting a distinct "khat" sound from the rear left corner whenever we take a U turn. I am unable to identify the cause of the sound. This has come up after the 2nd free service only.

Just wanted to know if anybody has experienced a similar issue before ? If YES then what is the cause and what is the resolution. Would sincerely appreciate a response on this.

Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post
Assuming the Hexa rolls out of the factory with a running life of 200,000 kilometers, the following gives an estimate of the vehicle in the secondary market.
The assumption of Hexa's life limited to 2 Lac Kms is erroneous. There are multiple instances of Safari & Sumo owners who have driven their vehicles for 4 Lac Kms +. Our office Sumo has clocked 5 Lac + Kms.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th March 2020 at 10:45. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
SaurabhB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 16:57   #5650

Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
The assumption of Hexa's life limited to 2 Lac Kms is erroneous. There are multiple instances of Safari & Sumo owners who have driven their vehicles for 4 Lac Kms +. Our office Sumo has clocked 5 Lac + Kms.
This is no doubt correct. My Safari has run 1.9L KM, and might have run for a lakh more had it been maintained better (other vehicles, like Toyotas and Hondas, are assumed to have a life of 2L miles (3.2L KM)). But beyond 2L KM, I assume vehicles in general become too expensive (annual repair and maintenance costs, excluding service costs, might be greater than twice the annual milage), unreliable or unsafe to be used regularly.
Old 10th March 2020, 18:57   #5651

A 2020 Feb made Tungsten Silver Hexa has joined our car family this month. It's an XMA Model. Overall happy with the car as we went for this after lot of research and keeping Zoom car Hexas in the house for weeks to understand the good and bad.
We bought it from Prerana Motors Lalbagh Road Bangalore and the delivery experience has been very good. Abhishek was my sales advisor and it was a pleasure dealing with him. If there is any prospective Hexa buyer reading this then you can definitely compare the options you have at hand with what Prerana offers.
On the car I am using it for last two weeks and have found some small issues which I feel owners in this forum can help with.
The android auto doesn't connect. The software is of March 2019 and that can be a reason I think but not very sure.
Navimaps is not working as well. Doesn't show up on the console whereas as per brochure Navimaps should work as part of ConnectNext in XMA models. Same with white mood lighting.
There is a slight "whoosh!" sound that comes from right side of the front suspension on some occasions. It's not continuous though. Not sure what is causing this. I got the Tata branded Allows fitted as part of accessories, again not sure if this is causing this.

On accessory front got the side steps, Hexa branded seat covers, Front fog laps and a reverse parking camera installed other than the alloys.

The car came with Bridgestone tyres. Ride quality is good but the Zoomcar we used had better suspension. Can be because it's brand new suspension(?). I have checked the Tyre pressure and its set at 34.

Steering is heavy only at parking situation like it was in earlier editions but even in slow speed it doesn't feel heavy and is quite confidence inspiring to be frank.

1st servicing is at 3 months. However I think I will pay a visit to sort out these minor stuff. Any advise here will be very helpful.
busydrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 12:42   #5652

Congratulations on the purchase busydrive.

I was looking to test drive the Hexa but neither Perana (Rajajinagar not Lalbagh Road) nor Adishakti Motors have it in stock. Would I have to wait till October for the next dispatch?
dearchichi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 17:18   #5653

I was looking to test drive the Hexa but neither Perana (Rajajinagar not Lalbagh Road) nor Adishakti Motors have it in stock. Would I have to wait till October for the next dispatch?
Adishakti has a white Hexa XTA on display, did you check with them recently?
damodar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 18:14   #5654

Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Adishakti has a white Hexa XTA on display, did you check with them recently?
Yes, I checked with them yesterday and was informed that someone purchased their last Hexa in an all-cash deal.
dearchichi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 19:24   #5655

Congratulations on the purchase busydrive.

Thank you. When I was shopping around Kropex had one available. However it has been some weeks so not sure of current status.
If you are keen on automatic and none of the dealers are having stock then check with the self drive companies. I remember one of them having a automatic one, I think it was Drivezy.