Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2020, 11:34   #5581

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
So we've been having quite a roller coaster of an ownership for the past two weeks....
Sending this to TML senior management through my wife. Not sure how much of help will this be to get them to act, but definitely worth the try.

Note from Support: Please do NOT quote full-length posts while responding. It hinders readability for our mobile users.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th January 2020 at 12:22. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Maverick' is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 12:14   #5582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick' View Post
Sending this to TML senior management through my wife. Not sure how much of help will this be to get them to act, but definitely worth the try.
Thanks a lot Maverick' ! Much appreciated

It took them two days to send a reply to our mail. They simply put it on our dealer Inderjit Cars head. Only good thing is, whoever we personally spoke to by digging up contacts have been supportive.

When I had spoken to Customer Care, and they asked me a target to point my gun at (car was with Automatrix Mangalore, who have been supportive or Inderjit Cars back in Mumbai whom we purchased our Hexa from) I asked them how can you expect me to complain against a dealer when the car is full of manufacturing and QC issues? Their reply was 'Dealer is our representative'. So when I asked do you believe in ethical practices? They responded in the positive, I said your dealer has been trying to pull off stunts since day of booking. Do you support that? No response. Suddenly the dealer didn't represent them.

I point blank said I want to lodge a complain against the company, not the dealer. This is a manufacturing and QC issue. Not a service/repair one. To which the executive, after a lot of discussion, said she'd transfer the call to her supervisor. The call went into waiting and I had to hang up after 3-4 minutes.

They need to have a complaint registry for manufacturing and QC issues. Putting it on the dealer's head is equivalent to letting the factory personnel off the hook.

Yesterday, the GM of service, Inderjit Cars called and asked us to bring the car to TASS once we're back in Mumbai for a joint trial. I hope TASS Manglore can sort things out. I'm not interested in going to Inderjit. I had specifically instructed them during PDI that it's a June 2019 make. Better check the car for niggles before you hand it over to us. They didn't even bother to lubricate the door handles, let alone doing a PDI.

Also, Tata need to streamline their spare parts supply. Every damn relative of ours here is puzzled and questioning as to why a new car is sitting in the workshop since 6 days. For just a day's work.

I'm starting to feel the people in the factory are the laziest of the lot in Tata motors. They proudly stuck the QC Done sticker on the car. But there were enough fitment issues that even my granny could point out.

My Dad's a senior citizen and the car is in his name. If I weren't around, what does Tata motors expect of him? Run around them in circles?
TROOPER is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 12:17   #5583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How can a starter motor fail so early? Or is it the flywheel which was rogue leading the starter motor to conk off?
Trooper, if I may suggest: A little patience, please.

I know it is a new car, and Tata's premier model. IMHO, one part failing when the vehicle is new is actually ok. No, I am not talking too many parts. If it was a common problem then it would have been all over.

It's a newly manufactured part. Manufacturing processes are not 100% fail proof, and amongst all the units manufactured, there is that small possibility of a bad one. Just that this one has come to you.

The bright side: they have found the bad part, have acknowledged and are replacing it.

I had the Turbo charger on my Sumo replaced soon after purchase. The Sumo was running fine even after 2L km. Had a left pulling problem on my Storme - even had to part cancel my first long trip. Resolved with proper alignment after that, and I have now crossed 80k.

Give this a little space, and most likely things will be fine soon.

Last edited by condor : 26th January 2020 at 12:18.
condor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 12:36   #5584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Trooper, if I may suggest: A little patience, please.
Don't want to sound rude but, quite convenient to highlight one issue from a whole lot and ask me to be patient.

If this was the only issue, I would have kept patience. Secondly my travel plans have been disrupted. Add monetary losses to the same.

I asked Tata customer care for a loaner car. They told me talk to Automatrix. They didn't even have the courtesy to help in the matter knowing we would be car-less for over a week, in an out of station location. I ditched the idea because Automatrix is not the one I purchased the Hexa from and they have been supportive. Also they aren't responsible for this long waiting for spares.

Also add the fact that I have 1000km trip back to Mumbai ahead of me. With 'is something going to go wrong' thoughts hovering in my head. Guess I have the right to be frustrated.

And I have given TASS Manglore, RSA and the CRM the credit where its due in the earlier posts.

Last edited by TROOPER : 26th January 2020 at 12:59.
TROOPER is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 14:26   #5585

Finally I received my beast on 17th

Got too busy soon after delivery. Here are my delivery experience and initial impressions of the car.

Though delivery had been late by a week, dealership (Bafna Motors) made sure the delivery experience was excellent. All documentation was ready before we reached barring a small goof up. While looking at the file I noticed RTO and taxes at about half the value one should have for Hexa. When I pointed it out, SA inquired with his team and sheepishly admitted that it was for another customer's Nexon

Overall delivery experience was 10/10. They arranged for unveiling ceremony and a cake cutting as well. Surely made my wife's birthday even more special.

Initial impressions of the car have been excellent. That Amazing road presence and ride quality, enough has been written on that. Its just Perfect !
One may feel like it is overrated but when you see others slowing down considerably for bad roads and potholes and you feel like it is just a slight minor bump, it puts a grin on my face every time.

First few days I kept recalling GTO's comment about messed up ergonomics in Hexa because even I faced similar issues. I am 5'10 and faced one or the other issue with my sitting posture. After driving for a week or so and multiple iterations now I seem to have found a suitable driving position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destrukt View Post
Need help on footstep fitting.
Getting the foot steps fitting on the day of delivery could not be done and ended the joyful day on a sad note. Mechanic's initial response was not encouraging either.
However, Chandru came to the rescue here. He shared few Hexa Owner's contacts from Pune who purchased same footsteps from him and I asked them for recommended mechanics/shops.

Finally, I could manage to get hold of a service manager at nearby TASS and got the foot step fitted.
It is quite easy fitment IMO and all necessary bolts are provided by Chandru.
He also provided a youtube video of installation for ready reference which came handy.

Looks quite nice and sturdy. Nice product at competitive prices when compared to other aftermarket ones.

Completed little more than 600 kms till now and enjoying every bit of it except the fight I have to put up with 1st and 2nd gears every day for first few kms.
I Hope to pen down an ownership thread soon. Few parting pics, taken after first wash.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20200120_105713.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20200120_105706.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20200120_105734.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20200120_105724.jpg  

destrukt is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 16:18   #5586

Quote:
So we've been having quite a roller coaster of an ownership for the past two weeks.
Matter is reported to senior management and they are trying to get in touch with the dealer and yourself. Do let me know in case you dont receive calls. Will followup.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th January 2020 at 17:00. Reason: Please do NOT quote full-length posts while responding. It hinders readability for our mobile users.
Maverick' is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 14:08   #5587
BHPian

Quote:
So we've been having quite a roller coaster of an ownership for the past two weeks.
Quote:
Also, Tata need to streamline their spare parts supply. Every damn relative of ours here is puzzled and questioning as to why a new car is sitting in the workshop since 6 days. For just a day's work......I'm starting to feel the people in the factory are the laziest of the lot in Tata motors.
An update on this. Car is still at Automatrix Mangalore. Completes 8 days of ownership in the workshop out of 19.

So yesterday was wasted since the SA was on leave and the GM didn't bother to call back after saying he would check the status of the spares. Then we found he's taken a half day.

Today the SA is clueless. The GM said the parts have been dispatched on Saturday from either Pune or Kolkata (???).

Seeing no way through we contacted the CSM of Maharashtra first and then Karnataka and both said the parts have been dispatched from Pune yesterday. And should arrive by today or tomorrow. They said they placed a VOR (Vehicle off road) order. (More on that later)* Both CSMs have assured delivery on Thursday. Although I'm not sold on that. Why? Because the Karnataka CSM said the delay is because of the Automatrix Mangalore's internal issues. This same CSM had told us he had cleared our warranty claim on Wednesday evening. Only for the GM of Automatrix to tell us today the claim was passed on Thursday and order placed on Friday. Don't know whom to believe. Although one member in the THOR Karnataka group said the CSM Karnataka is kind of hopeless. And many members were of the opinion that Automatrix is competent.

So now we again wait till Thursday. The car will complete 3 weeks since delivery then, with 10 days spent in the workshop. Idle. Thank you Tata. You have actually managed to employ incompetent people at every level. From factory to sales to aftersales. (Have patience, I will detail everything in the ownership review) For what isn't rocket science, you make Maruti seem like Wernher von Braun.

Now before people come advising me to keep patience and whatnot etc. Calm down. I still love the Hexa. But we have kept enough patience. This post is to inform buyers on where Tata stands presently at treating their 2 million rupee product customers. For the very reason we ditched the idea of getting the Octavia, Tata is giving Skoda a run for their money.

* VOR - Don't know how many of you know this. But VOR stands for Vehicle Off Road. Found about this from a THOR group member. The dealer is supposed to place a VOR order request if the said car is not in driving condition. The spare is supposed to reach the dealer in 48 hours. This is system in place by Tata. Don't know how judiciously it is followed by dealers and Customer Service Managers.
TROOPER is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 17:58   #5588
BHPian

Thanks Trooper for constant update. Sad to hear how terrible the folks at Tata are behaving. That's truely pathetic situation. When I got me Hexa, the dealer had pushed a lemon to a gullible customer, but the customer found about it and through his political connection made a lot of noise literally and threatened media spotlight against the dealer. He got a brand new car.

Yours is a brand new car and you shouldn't be slogging with this experience. Though, you love the car, it will leave a sense of dejection and I can feel how you would have wished to go for other brands. If you are not satisfied with your dealer, do contact higher ups and tag them in social media and make a lot of noise. Folks at Tata do follow this thread delegently.

Let's keep up the hope, may you get your Hexa soon. Please keep updating this thread.

Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 20:30   #5589

Quote:
An update on this. Car is still at Automatrix Mangalore. Completes 8 days of ownership in the workshop out of 19.
Sorry to hear that TROOPER. Wish you a niggle free ownership once all this is sorted.

My Hexa is a freshly baked one, Dec 2019 make. I had hoped to see a niggle free ownership as well but it could last only for first 11 days. I had my first scare today while driving to office with the infotainment unit

I was playing music through Android Auto and suddenly the source got changed to AM/FM, then few seconds later sound was coming only from front right speaker and to my utter disbelief I could hear both sources at once for few moments, one song playing from Amazon prime music and another from AM/FM. How is that even possible ?

I kept changing the source manually and the error went away for some time, then repeat! Whole drive was like that and ruined the mood.

Once in office, I tried to reproduce the issue during lunch with no success.
May be an engine restart was all that was required.

I will make some time and still get it checked at TASS.
Old 29th January 2020, 14:39   #5590
BHPian

Quote:
My Hexa is a freshly baked one, Dec 2019 make. I had hoped to see a niggle free ownership as well but it could last only for first 11 days. I had my first scare today while driving to office with the infotainment unit
Hi @destrukt. Your issue might be easily fixed with a re-flashing of the ICE software. I am assuming you that the newer 7 inch version. So try that first.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st February 2020 at 09:30. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
mostlynerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 23:52   #5591
BHPian

Quote:
I was playing music through Android Auto and suddenly the source got changed to AM/FM, ......How is that even possible ?
First check out the version of your ICE software. The latest one on the 7" one is a March 2019 release date. Our Hexa came with January 2019 release date, inspite of being manufactured in June. And the ICE did seem to malfunction before the update. Just a 5 minute job on your next visit to TASS.
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 17:05   #5592
BHPian

Quote:
Finally I received my beast on 17th

Got too busy soon after delivery. Here are my delivery experience and initial impressions of the car.
Many congrats on your spanky ride.

I've bought the same colors albeit in dual tone color on 24th Jan. The feeling is fantastic when you move from a sedan to a SUV which is taller than most of the cars out there.

Few features that I thought were part of Hexa as it's covered in most of the reviews but not available in the 2019 XTA model:

- Hill descend control - Not available: Though Hill Ascend control is enabled
- Mood lighting - only available in single color as against 8 colors in previous model

Few points which could have been designed better:

- Automatic Headlamp - Connected via Ignition i.e If starting your car with setting on Auto for headlamps, the headlights will switch on before we crank the car putting load on the battery. Would reduce the battery life in longer run
- Wheel Arch design - The wheel arch design of the rear wheels is flawed. If you go through slush/water, the dirt/water would come onto the running board of the rear doors.
- Video Playback - Only available during standstill as per instructions by regulatory authority
- Auto AC: While using Auto AC, it switches off the re-circulation mode. If you turn it on, Auto mode is disabled.

Also, wiper blade coverage should have been more considering the large windscreen.

Apart from these small conveniences, it is a pleasure to drive this vehicle. Would love to take this beast on a long drive, have driven only 450kms only.

Would not want to discuss the delivery experience as it was low as per our expectations and nothing great to write about considering purchasing a 20+L vehicle.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200124-20.16.04.jpeg

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 31st January 2020 at 17:56.
hocuspocus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 21:14   #5593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocuspocus View Post
- Auto AC: While using Auto AC, it switches off the re-circulation mode. If you turn it on, Auto mode is disabled.
Wait, what. They turn off Automatic AC if you turn on AC re-circulation? I can't even begin to fathom the rationale behind this. Why would I want to use "fresh air" intake considering how bad the outside air is in most tier 1 cities!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st January 2020 at 22:43. Reason: Typo.
Old 31st January 2020, 22:02   #5594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving80kph View Post
Wait, what. They turn off Automatic AC if you turn on AC re-circulation? I can't even begin to fathom the rationale behind this. Why would I want to use "fresh air" intake considering how bad the outside air is in most tier 1 cities!
Most cars don't allow recirculation when they are set to auto. There must be a well thought rationale behind this if such a setting is followed by most manufacturers.
Maybe since its 'auto', it might switch to recirculation mode after a set time so that the cabin gets filled with fresh air first? Just guessing, never tried!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st January 2020 at 22:43. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 22:41   #5595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving80kph View Post
This does not happen in a vw polo with auto ac and recirc switched on.

I have experienced that first hand.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st January 2020 at 22:43. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks