Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 15:53   #4636
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
I feel that the thin sidewall/ low profile is not suitable for a vehicle of this size
I don't think its an fully accurate assessment sir. If there was something wrong with the low profile tyres and if there are issues I am sure our members would have reported them by now.

Mine's a XTA at 18,600 kms without a single puncture. There have been numerous fully loaded trips and we also move our company's products in the vehicle. I just try to maintain the mentioned air pressure. But ya, if 16" tyres are for you then that's that. Welcome to the club and you will definitely love the ownership!
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 20:50   #4637
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Tata Hexa XT 4X4 Ownership Review - Stock Tyres/ Alloys Swapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
I changed the stock tyres/ wheels of my Hexa XT 4X4 to 16" Plati alloys and 235/70/16 Michelin LTX force tyres.

Your Hexa looks very hot with the Plati alloys and the Michelin tyres.

I also totally agree with your observation about staying with 16 inch alloys.

For workhorse type of SUVs/MUVs it doesn't make sense to put low profile tyres. Although this seems to be the trend these days.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 13:11   #4638
BHPian

Last checked couple of weeks ago was 13.4 KMPL.

It varies between 11.2 - 13.x (mix of city and Noida e-way Drive).

I had checked during a drive to the mountains last year: 9.6 KMPL
(on the stretch after exiting the plains and approaching the mountains of Nainital and onwards to Ramgarh).

It’s of course a factor of how one drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hexa Owners,
What is the fuel efficiency that you guys get on your Hexa automatic, in city & on highways?
Test drove an Heta XTA yesterday at Fortune Cars, Thane & the MID showed 7kmpl!!
Even the sales advisor was dumbstruck. He then mumbled about test drive cars driven rashly.
Absolutely loved the car! What a ride it has!!!
maven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 12:03   #4639
BHPian

What is "Body Type" of Hexa as mentioned in RC (Registration Card) ? I would assume it would be SUV/MPV. Can any of the Hexa Owners share the body type of Hexa as mentioned in the RC please?
Old 18th February 2019, 14:01   #4640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabhu View Post
What is "Body Type" of Hexa as mentioned in RC (Registration Card) ? I would assume it would be SUV/MPV. Can any of the Hexa Owners share the body type of Hexa as mentioned in the RC please?
The Body Type on the RC says "5-DOOR STEEL SHELL".
shivathedude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 19:25   #4641

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hexa Owners,
What is the fuel efficiency that you guys get on your Hexa automatic, in city & on highways?.....
City - with busy traffic 9-10, Moderate traffic 11-12.
On Highway 15-16. Once I got 18.3 for 75 km (65 Highway + 10 km city)
Car is 4 months old.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20190127_160438697b.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th February 2019 at 19:27. Reason: Correcting Typo, also please type in full since acronyms are confusing. Thanks.
joie-de-vivre is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 12:11   #4642
BHPian

I have booked Tata Hexa XMA, Arizona Blue. I'm planning to go with 19" alloy wheels from TATA genuine accessories. Not going by aesthetics alone, I assume plain road ride (especially long drives) and handling is better with 19" wheels than 16" due to their low profile. How is the body roll on 19" inch wheels when compared to 16" inch ? Please provide your suggestions.
Prabhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 06:15   #4643
BHPian

I would agree with you. My car is going to be 2years old in a week and covered 33K KMs by now. I have not faced any issues with the 19" alloy wheels. I don't plan to do any serious off roading with it
Old 23rd February 2019, 08:09   #4644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabhu View Post
I have booked Tata Hexa XMA, Arizona Blue. I'm planning to go with 19" alloy wheels from TATA genuine accessories. Not going by aesthetics alone, I assume plain road ride (especially long drives) and handling is better with 19" wheels than 16" due to their low profile. How is the body roll on 19" inch wheels when compared to 16" inch ? Please provide your suggestions.
I will strongly advise you to desist from going for 19" alloys for the following reasons:-

(a) Ride quality suffers with the 19" tyres.
(b) Cost of replacement of 19" tyres is higher.
(c) Limited/ almost no option of tyres in 19" size, other than MRF.
(b) Most importantly, 19" alloys and tyres both are prone to damages/ cuts/ bends. 16"

As far a handling is concerned, this is anyways the achilles heal for such high body on frame vehicles.
nvldvr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 21:40   #4645

Short and crisp review nvldvr. What are the accessories you've added? What kind of mats are suited for Hexa? I'm looking for the 5D / 7D mats are they good?
Old 24th February 2019, 07:59   #4646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingbull View Post
Short and crisp review nvldvr. What are the accessories you've added? What kind of mats are suited for Hexa? I'm looking for the 5D / 7D mats are they good?
The only thing that I have got so far is a Tech Sense make mobile holder. However, I am planning to get the side steps/ foot rails and a roof carrier sometime later. Side steps for the elderly in the family, and roof carrier for those long trips with all three rows occupied. There is a Hexa owner in the Hexa Telegram group named Chandru, who is also a manufacturer of these products. He has designed these products specifically for Hexa, and are as such better than the generic ones available in after market.

As regards the mats, I am still using the dealer supplied complimentary rubber mats. But other owners have been using 7D mats, and seem to be happy with them.

Join the group once you get your Hexa. Lots of useful info available there.
Old 26th February 2019, 17:14   #4647
Senior - BHPian

Came across this interesting article!!

Last thing you want to see while driving on mountain roads [Video]

Source

Driving on mountains is considered to be quite challenging but if done right, is a rewarding experience too. In some of the mountainous regions, only pre-certified drivers are allowed to drive because of the treacherous terrain. However, with the development of road infrastructure, most of the mountain stretches are open to driving for everyone. Which brings us to the video below. In the video, we see an unfortunate incident take place in which one of the tires of a car come off while driving, putting the life of the car inhabitants in danger. Check out the video below to see how these guys had a close shave with death in this unfortunate case.

What Happened?

As seen in the video, few guys were taking a drive in their Tata Hexa around the twisty mountain roads. Sometime later we see the car coming to a halt and one of its wheels rolling down the road. What happened is that the wheel came off the car while driving but since the speed of the vehicle was below 50km/h, a big fatality was avoided. The wheel which came off is the rear left tire, as can be seen in the image below. Also, had it been the front wheel, the situation could have been worse.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexaaccident.jpg

Why this Happened?

According to the owner of the car, who goes by the name of Angad Adlakha, there was a massive jam in the area overnight due to glacier clearing so numerous cars were lined up overnight. They reached the place during the day and parked their Hexa at a secluded spot. They then walked away to see the glacier and check out the natural beauty of the region. Meanwhile, some locals thought that the car is parked there for a long time and tried stealing its wheels. Luckily, Angad and his group came back shortly and the locals went away. However, they were successful in removing some nuts which the owner didn’t realise.

They then went off in the Hexa and barely covered 100 meters or so when the wheel came off. It was seen by the Pajero following them and in the video, you can hear the Pajero owner warning them on Radio. To let you know, all the occupants of the car are now safe and enjoying their trip.
AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 23:31   #4648
BHPian

Hexa to get a cosmetic refresh this year. Includes dual tone paint options, new alloy design, 7 inch infotainment with Android auto and much more.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20190227_233027_167.jpg  

Last edited by abhi7013 : 27th February 2019 at 23:33.
abhi7013 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 09:38   #4649
BHPian

There is Good news & Bad news for HEXA lovers.

As per Rushlane, XE is no longer available, so if anybody is looking to buy XE variant should hurry up.

New features for the other variants as well. 20K increase for XT, XTA & XT4x4 variants, whereas XM, XMA & XM+ remains unaffected.

This is what they mentioned in their article.

New Hexa sits on stylish alloy wheels, features a dual tone roof and a Harman 7” info system with Android auto compatibility.

Dual tone roof options are available in Infinity Black and Titanium Greay. The former roof colour option is on offer with body colour options of Pearl White or Tungsten Silver. Titanium Greay roof top can be combined with three exterior paint schemes – Arizona Blue; Urban Bronze; or Sky Grey. Dual tone roof choices are limited to XT, XT 4X4, and XTA variants. The XM variants are not available with a dual tone roof.

17” Charcoal Grey allow wheels for XT/XT 4X4; and 19” diamond cut alloys for XTA variant. New light chrome ring/bezel on info system and air vents. Steering wheel gets a piano black bezel in the XT variant.

7” Harman info system with Android Auto, a multitude of options that take care of video playback, multiple apps ( ConnectNext; Emergency Assist and Trip-On; smart manual; smart remote; and park assist. 10 speaker JBL sound system. Fast charging. 7” Harman touchscreen system is standard now across the variants – XT/XT 4×4, XTA, XM/XMA, and XM+. Mood Lighting will now be single tone instead of 8 color options in XM, XMA, XM+, XT, XTA, XT 4×4.

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/2019-tata-h...-12298722.html
arif_t01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 10:35   #4650
BHPian

I had put my booking on hold after hearing rumours that a facelift was in the works for the Hexa. Now going ahead with the XT 4X4. Fortunately, Tata has moved to 17" alloys instead of 19. I think it does reduce the visual appeal a little, but the gains from this move far outweigh the losses!Now just waiting for the sales guys to get ready with the updated prices so that the booking can be processed. Also, one of my friends within Tata Motors has said that production runs are scheduled so as to catch the GudhiPadva festive season. Hence, any fencesitters, if you book now, there is a very high chance of getting the car by end of march 2019 itself!

Last edited by AdiSolEn : 28th February 2019 at 10:37. Reason: Added to the post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks