Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2021, 10:26   #856
BHPian
 
bobbyvictor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick07 View Post
You can choose to go for Pioneer DMH ZS-8290BT which is 8 inch unit and fits really well in the 2016+ Fortuners.
Attaching a picture for reference.
Hi Maverick
Would you mind sharing the cost incurred for this
bobbyvictor is offline  
Old 13th February 2021, 00:05   #857
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Nearby
Posts: 67
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Hi guys. An unfortunate update on my vehicle. Driver was reversing into our garage and the door got stuck midway and he didn’t notice. Long story short, the shark fin antenna is completely detached and there’s a 1.5 inch diameter hole in the roof where it was attached.

Has happened in any of my cars for the first time. Radio’s not working as expected. What else should I check? What’s the process here? Is it easy enough for an outside garage to fix or should I go to Toyota? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Stratosphere is offline  
Old 13th February 2021, 04:59   #858
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Cochin
Posts: 855
Thanked: 1,696 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post

Has happened in any of my cars for the first time. Radio’s not working as expected. What else should I check? What’s the process here? Is it easy enough for an outside garage to fix or should I go to Toyota? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Request you to attach photos of the same. Since it is a sharkfin antenna, it could be attached to the roof using 3M double sided tape. The hole you are mentioning is for passing the antenna wiring. I believe it is a DIY fix using 3M double side tape.
pavi is offline  
Old 13th February 2021, 05:19   #859
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Kolkata - Pune
Posts: 25
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Hi Everyone. I was planning one so looking for the review of the facelifted Fortuner that got launched in January 2021. When it is reviewed by Team BHP I must say its like bulletproof reliability . Can someone redirect me to the updated review of the updated model.
sdg4wheels is offline  
Old 13th February 2021, 08:03   #860
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 2,362
Thanked: 5,442 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg4wheels View Post
Hi Everyone. I was planning one so looking for the review of the facelifted Fortuner that got launched in January 2021. When it is reviewed by Team BHP I must say its like bulletproof reliability . Can someone redirect me to the updated review of the updated model.
Facelift is not yet available for test drive or media drive. That said deliveries are happening and Toyota is prioritizing same. Check the facelift thread, you can find some information there.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 11:23   #861
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Nearby
Posts: 67
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Request you to attach photos of the same. Since it is a sharkfin antenna, it could be attached to the roof using 3M double sided tape. The hole you are mentioning is for passing the antenna wiring. I believe it is a DIY fix using 3M double side tape.
I'm attaching the pictures. I think the whole unit wit the nut and everything attached has been ripped off the roof. The forum's invited to let me know what could be a possible fix.

[ATTACH=IMG_4233.jpg]Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_4234.jpg[/ATTACH]

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_4233.jpg  

Stratosphere is offline  
Old 13th February 2021, 11:33   #862
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 935
Thanked: 2,528 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
I'm attaching the pictures. I think the whole unit wit the nut and everything attached has been ripped off the roof. The forum's invited to let me know what could be a possible fix.

Thank you
Luckily not much damage has been done.

First, search for the antenna wire that should be hanging inside the roof.

If you get the wire, you can connect it to the circuit that is installed inside shark fin antenna

Place the antenna on roof at correct position without 3M double sided tape.

If you see the dents Even after placing the antenna, take to paint less dent removal shop and get it removed.

After removing the dents, you can stick the antenna to roof in its original position.

Very important point to be very carefully done: Just ensure that the rubber beading seats correctly inside the hole before sticking. This ensures no water leakage.

This solves the problem.

If you think it requires expert to do all above, take to some accessories shop after dent removal (if it exists)

They will do perfect job with nominal charges

Last edited by gkveda : 13th February 2021 at 11:40.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 11:54   #863
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 2,053
Thanked: 2,080 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
I'm attaching the pictures. I think the whole unit wit the nut and everything attached has been ripped off the roof. The forum's invited to let me know what could be a possible fix.



Thank you
Ideally, you should take it to Toyota. That will ensure a proper solution and a trouble free ownership experience. The last thing you would want is that 3M tape getting cracked over time and your roof filled up with rain water.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 13:17   #864
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Nearby
Posts: 67
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Luckily not much damage has been done.

First, search for the antenna wire that should be hanging inside the roof.

If you get the wire, you can connect it to the circuit that is installed inside shark fin antenna

Place the antenna on roof at correct position without 3M double sided tape.

If you see the dents Even after placing the antenna, take to paint less dent removal shop and get it removed.

After removing the dents, you can stick the antenna to roof in its original position.

Very important point to be very carefully done: Just ensure that the rubber beading seats correctly inside the hole before sticking. This ensures no water leakage.

This solves the problem.

If you think it requires expert to do all above, take to some accessories shop after dent removal (if it exists)

They will do perfect job with nominal charges

I think if you look closely, the rubber beading is still attached to the antenna, and the whole thing is much bigger than the hole in the roof, so I'm not getting how will the beading sit inside the hole? Help me a bit with an explanation.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Ideally, you should take it to Toyota. That will ensure a proper solution and a trouble free ownership experience. The last thing you would want is that 3M tape getting cracked over time and your roof filled up with rain water.
I will eventually, but I want to get an idea of what is the actual damage done to the car. Apart from the radio scanning, everything is working fine. Any help from the forum would help me make an informed decision with Toyota.

Thank you

Last edited by Stratosphere : 13th February 2021 at 13:18.
Stratosphere is offline  
Old 13th February 2021, 14:33   #865
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 935
Thanked: 2,528 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
I think if you look closely, the rubber beading is still attached to the antenna, and the whole thing is much bigger than the hole in the roof, so I'm not getting how will the beading sit inside the hole? Help me a bit with an explanation.
Thank you
If you closely look at the fig 2, it has 3 layers of rubber beading. One the outer most which sits on the edge of the antenna and directly sticks to the roof metal.

Second one, surrounds the metal part which is fastened to antenna. This will also sit on the roof top.

The half metal will get inside the hole and half will protrude outside and is fastened tightly to the antenna. The third layer of the rubber beading should be like v channel that sits on metal part in such a way that it covers both outside and inside. (This rubber beading is not visible in the picture but you can see it is torn in fig 1, stuck to the outer edge of the hole)

This way 3 layer will completely avoid water entry into the car.

Last edited by gkveda : 13th February 2021 at 14:36.
gkveda is offline  
Old 8th March 2021, 11:35   #866
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 59
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Hello Bhpians,
I am looking to sell My 2018 Fortuner( November 2018 manufactured, February 2019 Chandigarh Registered), Super White, 4x2 Automatic, Odometer-10,400 Kms. How much money should I expect? Is demanding 32-33 lakhs realistic? BTW, It costed me around 36 lakhs with Chandigarh registration and double digit number. I had also bought the extended warranty so 3 years warranty is also remaining.
asm3899_CHD is offline  
Old 8th March 2021, 12:03   #867
BHPian
 
abhi1881's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 114
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
Hello Bhpians,
I am looking to sell My 2018 Fortuner( November 2018 manufactured
Sounds realistic considering quick search on OLX as well of couple of lakhs premium which anyway Chandigarh registered cars demand. BTW any specific issue with the car for this sell-off decision? Am waiting for delivery of the new one , looks like delayed by couple of weeks.
abhi1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 12:57   #868
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 59
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Sounds realistic considering quick search on OLX as well of couple of lakhs premium which anyway Chandigarh registered cars demand. BTW any specific issue with the car for this sell-off decision? Am waiting for delivery of the new one , looks like delayed by couple of weeks.
My dad is looking to upgrade to new Fortuner 4X4 Automatic or Jeep Wrangler Ckd if the pricing is around 50-55 lakhs ex showroom mark.
asm3899_CHD is offline  
Old 8th March 2021, 13:33   #869
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Yes
Posts: 5,382
Thanked: 6,894 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
I will eventually, but I want to get an idea of what is the actual damage done to the car. Apart from the radio scanning, everything is working fine. Any help from the forum would help me make an informed decision with Toyota.

Thank you
The actual damage is on the roof sheet metal, as the antenna got pulled out it stretched the metal around it (from what is visible in the photo). I would be less concerned with the antenna because that is an easily replaceable item. What needs taking care of is for the roof to be beaten back into shape by a tinkerer and the section worked upon primered and painted to prevent any corrosion. Anything else is a jugaad fix.
Sankar is offline  
Old 8th March 2021, 13:42   #870
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Nearby
Posts: 67
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The actual damage is on the roof sheet metal, as the antenna got pulled out it stretched the metal around it (from what is visible in the photo). I would be less concerned with the antenna because that is an easily replaceable item. What needs taking care of is for the roof to be beaten back into shape by a tinkerer and the section worked upon primered and painted to prevent any corrosion. Anything else is a jugaad fix.
Yeah that's how I got it done. Got the roof beaten back into shape and fixed, then installed the antenna.For safe measure, also used 3M tape during installation. Checked by pouring 3 buckets of water on the roof, seemed to work fine. Total time taken was 1 hour.
Stratosphere is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks