Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2021, 00:03   #871
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

I have had a glovebox issue in my Fortuner which has been there since the start. Multiple follow up mails etc haven't helped over the past 3 years and 55k kms. Every time they keep the car for a day or two and return it in a worse than before state and one time had the audacity to bill me for a broken glovebox which they broke over the course of their investigation. (On losing my cool they offered me a discounted price of 5k instead of the usual 12-13k for a new glovebox though the issue remained)
This time the dealership informed me that Toyota has written to them that it is a customer caused issue and they can't do anything about it but the dealership will do work on it from their end to keep the Toyota goodwill intact. I asked for the mail from Toyota stating this especially because I'd finally written about approaching the consumer court over this issue. Of course the dealership refused to share or even show the mail to me.

Long story short it'll be a week on Monday since they've had the vehicle with no clear timeline on delivery as they've overshot it a couple of times already this past week and have shared pictures of work in progress with me which has scared me even more as I don't know what'll be the end result when they put it all back again and the rattles and squeaks I'm going to get post this if they miss even a single bolt.

I've attached pictures of the issue and the work they're doing to solve the issue!! It's pretty self explanatory and I'm in a dilema as to what to do!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_20201129_100328.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img20210312wa0017.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 20th March 2021 at 06:35. Reason: Typos
rugsrags is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 21:31   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
I have had a glovebox issue in my fortuner which has been there since the start. Multiple followup mails etc haven't helped over the past 3 years and 55k kms.
I have followed your posts and I feel bad for you going through all this mess. One of the main reason why people buy Toyota is for peace of mind for which people shell out few lakhs more "compromising" on ride quality and features. When this very peace of mind disappears then it is definitely frustrating. I have a similar but not so frustrating experience

I bought Innova Crysta GX AT (Pre-facelift) in November 2020. I went on a long drive the very day and noticed the glovebox was coming off slightly on bad roads and making noise until I push it back. It looked similar to your glovebox in the image but not so off. Next day I took it to service station of another dealer (Nandi Toyota, Whitefield), the technician verified the problem and requested Toyota for under warranty replacement of glovebox lock. I was told by service advisor (SA) that the warranty was approved and the part needs to be ordered. Since I was going out of station, I asked him to order the part when I am back. I contacted them after around 3 weeks to order the part for replacement. The SA who had initally looked into it had resigned but I had the bill copy of 1st service which mentioned the details of replacement. Finally the part was changed and all was good until I saw that Toyota connect app still showed the car as under service for more than 2 months.

When I went to the same service station for my 2021 Fortuner 1st service, I asked about the same and I was told that Toyota rejected the warranty so the dealership had to bear the cost of the part since they had already promised me the replacement. I didn't quite understand why Toyota first approved then rejected it later, maybe because they ordered the part after 3 weeks. I got lucky but I would call it pure arrogance on Toyota's side. Their arrogance shows in recifying your problem.

Please get in touch with the CRM to escalate the issue. Keep us updated on this.
Technic90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 00:43   #873
BHPian

I finally received the vehicle back two days ago. Ive been travelling and only saw the car today evening. While the glovebox finally looks ok they've done what I had expected when they dismantled the entire dashboard. The clock and the hazard lights switch are conked off. Sigh back to contacting them again and sending the car back yet again!!

Toyota doese'nt even provide loaner cars to save hardships for such unduly late repairs!
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 10:34   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
I've attached pictures of the issue and the work they're doing to solve the issue!! It's pretty self explanatory and I'm in a dilema as to what to do!
Why on earth would they need to remove the entire dashboard to replace the glovebox?
Old 21st March 2021, 16:29   #875
BHPian

Well they tried everything else and removing the dashboard somehow set the alignment right. Thier team also visited and sorted out the connection of the hazard light and clock and saved me a trip to the workshop so after multiple mails,calls and followups over the years this is one issue I'm glad is closed. I'd have expected a much better responce from Toyota though.
rugsrags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 16:27   #876
BHPian

Hi! I was just looking around my car ( nothing else to do during lockdown) and noticed that rear passenger side wheel well cladding is held just by mudflaps and screws are missing while there is provision for same. Is it same in all fortuners? Mine is a 2020 pre-facelift model
Pics are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_20210514_161922.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_20210514_161912.jpg  

Old 14th May 2021, 16:32   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Hi! I was just looking around my car ( nothing else to do during lockdown) and noticed that rear passenger side wheel well cladding is held just by mudflaps and screws are missing while there is provision for same. Is it same in all fortuners? Mine is a 2020 pre-facelift model
Pics are attached.
I guess these are plastic clips that hold them in place and are not screw slots
Its normal.
praveen_n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 00:17   #878
BHPian

Hi,

my video about 2015 Fortuner D4D's EGR Cleaning :

In near future, I'm also interested to get the injectors serviced - but I haven't finalized any good vendor yet. Any leads for Mumbai would be appreciated.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 18:49   #879
BANNED

Toyota Fortuner Petrol AT

Hello Guys,
I own a Hyunadai Creta Diesel AT and want to upgrade to Fortuner.
Can anyone help me giving me review regarding Fortuner petrol AT.
Thanks
shettysagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 20:20   #880
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner Petrol AT

Fortuner uses the same 2.7-litre, naturally-aspirated petrol engine as the Innova Crysta. Also, it is being offered in the same state of tune as well. The petrol motor is so damn smooth for the fact to be said. It is almost inaudible at idle and sounds polished once you get moving. Though it is not much refined as Honda’s i-VTEC engines, press a little hard on the pedal and it’s actually quite pleasing to the ears.

The 2.7-litre unit is quite rev-happy, and doesn't feel underpowered too. Transmission offers smooth shifts as well, but sometimes overtakes commands a downshift. This is exactly where you notice the difference which diesel’s extra torque makes, as the gearbox’s slow kickdown response is more pronounced. Hence, the petrol-powered Fortuner is bit slow as compared to the diesel one.

Still, buying the petrol version is quite a head over heart decision. Fortuner petrol isn't really a enthusiast-focused package, but it is engaging enough to drive. Petrol version is targeted only at those calculative buyers who wants the pride of owning a big SUV, without paying the extra money for a diesel engine. If you really need a petrol SUV, Volkswagen Tiguan would be a better choice.

Last edited by Shreyfiesta : 31st July 2021 at 20:22.
Shreyfiesta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 20:24   #881
BHPian

This thread fits the "What Car?" section.

Anyways, coming back to your query. Kindly elaborate on your requirements, but in case you've made your mind on the petrol Fortuner, I'd suggest you to read this thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4135309 (Review: Toyota Innova Crysta 2.7L Petrol AT).
Although this review is for the Innova Crysta petrol, the engine used in the Fortuner is the same one.

Mileage would take a huge hit due to a petrol AT in a car that weighs more than 2000 Kgs. In case you are open to other petrol SUVs, I'd suggest the Tiguan Allspace, or the X1 (Almost the same price as the top end Fortuner petrol AT).

Good luck.

Last edited by PetrolHead2272 : 31st July 2021 at 20:25.
PetrolHead2272 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 22:45   #882
BANNED

I guess someone looking at a Toyota values reliability. Tiguan has a DSG gearbox which is a nightmare to maintain in the long run. And X1, being an entry-level Beemer is full of plastic under the bonnet. Reliability ratings elsewhere are also amongst the worst.

The only good petrol option is a Fortuner itself. Although one has to stay content with the depressingly low fuel efficiency. Another good option would be a Camry Hybrid if one is okay with buying a sedan.
CarMaster_059 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 10:30   #883
BHPian

Looking for some advice.

The bonnet of my Fortuner has a lot of scratches. Plus, someone intentionally scratched the right driver door as well a couple of years ago. These are deep scratches, and detailing has only helped make them lighter, that's it.

I am looking to get these issues fixed now. ASC is charging around 8-9k for the door and around 15-20k for the bonnet, which is a lot. Should I get it done from a reputed local shop?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-20210915_105738.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-20210915_105745.jpg  

Old 24th September 2021, 12:28   #884
BHPian

Another query: I was planning on getting the Sony XAV8000/Pioneer 5290BT installed on my 2017 Toyota Fortuner. However, one dealer said the stock rear camera quality takes a hit since an adapter is used.

Anyone got any experience with this?
Old 1st November 2021, 12:08   #885
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Loved the rims, looked absolutely bad ass .

But this isn't something I'd ever do. The Fortuner is anyway bumpy. With these rims, your teeth will get rearranged after every highway drive. Plus, the possibility of sidewall damage is higher, negating the robustness of the Fortuner. Too big a price to be paid for just aesthetic benefits.

Foolish IMHO.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-screenshot-20211101-120450.jpg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-screenshot-20211101-120536.jpg
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks