Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Please note that this is wrong, because the rules were changed by ARAI.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...en-weight.html

Punto Evo still quotes at around 185 mm which is pretty decent. I stand corrected on my previous post. Yes it was 195mm stated when I bought my Punto in 2012.
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:53   #62
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Have been trying to figure out the weight of Tucson to understand the power/wt ratios but interestingly I was unable to find it in any of the reviews or even in the company brochure.
Hyundai is always keeps their vehicle weight as secret, Reason: They are always lighter (also weaker in most cases) than competition.

This is the same case during the initial days of Creta, not able to find kerb weight. Finally one of our T-BHP member shared his RC copy. Tucson owners on the forum can disclose the weight from their RC copy.
Old 23rd June 2017, 09:22   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Please note that this is wrong, because the rules were changed by ARAI. Earlier GC was calculated with unladen weight.

Currently it is calculated with laden weight. Which is why you see even the big SUVs like even the new Fortuner having a ground clearance of 184mm only. A direct comparison between the old figures and new ones can't be made.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...en-weight.html
Oh what a mess! If this is the direction ARAI is trending, then I wish ARAI had mandated manufacturers to state unladen GC as well as laden GC. That way one can still draw the right trends/conclusions.
Old 30th June 2017, 16:23   #64
BHPian

Heated OVRM for the Hyundai Tucson

Hello !!
Can someone advise as follows;

1) if the Tucson OVRMs can be fitted with heating. The Car does not come with this feature :-(
(My Skoda has this feature and it was useful when the OVRMs got fogged up in the rains).

2) Any idea where I can buy the black netted sun shades that are Tucson specific. I don't want the ones sold by vendors at traffic signals.

Contact details will help.
Kind regards,
Seacat
Old 1st July 2017, 21:49   #65
BHPian

Re: Heated OVRM for the Hyundai Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hello !!
Can someone advise as follows;

1) if the Tucson OVRMs can be fitted with heating. The Car does not come with this feature :-(
(My Skoda has this feature and it was useful when the OVRMs got fogged up in the rains).
Tucson does have heated ORVM's. There is a coil behind the glass which is plugged into the mirror cowl.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-1.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-2.jpg  

Last edited by mjumrani : 1st July 2017 at 21:58. Reason: Grammatical mistakes.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 07:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Time for Hyundai to aggressively correct the Tucson price post GST and probably give it a new lease of life.
Old 2nd July 2017, 09:13   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Time for Hyundai to aggressively correct the Tucson price post GST and probably give it a new lease of life.
Just waiting for that to happen.If they can price the top end GLS AT around 22-23L ex-showroom,they would find some buyers including me

But Hyundai have raised the ex-showroom price by 70k just before GST from 25 to 25.7.Not a sound strategy when you are only selling around 150 Tucsons every month.
joy_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:47   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Tucson does have heated ORVM's. There is a coil behind the glass which is plugged into the mirror cowl.
Thanks mjumrani, can you direct me as to how to activate it. I do not see any switches/toggles or such to activate the heating
Old 3rd July 2017, 13:11   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Thanks mjumrani, can you direct me as to how to activate it. I do not see any switches/toggles or such to activate the heating
There is no switch. It's always on and noticeable when it rains. Fog doesn't sit on glass. Please read the car manual before scratching your head. It's all in there will the details.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 10:48   #70
BHPian

Tucson OTR price in Kolkata is now 26.9 and they are offering 40k discount.

Should I negotiate more discount since it is selling meagre numbers?

Also,does the mirror link app work in Tucson(I mean would all the apps in my iPhone appear through Mirror Link on the screen).Please excuse me if that was a stupid question.
Old 10th July 2017, 10:55   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Just waiting for that to happen.If they can price the top end GLS AT around 22-23L ex-showroom,they would find some buyers including me

But Hyundai have raised the ex-showroom price by 70k just before GST from 25 to 25.7.Not a sound strategy when you are only selling around 150 Tucsons every month.
They have barely passed on the full benefits post GST, whereas similarly priced vehicles like Hexa and XUV saw higher reduction. Top end variant saws a reduction of 1.14L while the entry variant gets 86k reduction.

Below are the new ex showroom prices (Delhi)!

Petrol
Variant. Ex-Showroom Price (INR)
Nu 2.0 6-Speed Manual Base 1,813,317
Nu 2.0 6-Speed Automatic GL 2,089,977

Diesel
Variant. Ex-Showroom Price (INR)
R 2.0 6-Speed Manual Base 2,061,324
R 2.0 6-Speed Automatic GL 2,247,052
R 2.0 6-Speed Automatic GLS 2,386,351

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th July 2017 at 10:58.
Old 31st July 2017, 17:46   #72
BHPian

I'm in the market for a premium Automatic SUV with fully loaded safety features, and although I don't like the pricing, the TUCSON is what I've kind of zeroed in to. The main reason being the comfort and the solid felling you get while driving this. (have taken one very small test drive)

I'd like to know if anyone has any news of the release of the 4x4 variant. If its in the near future I'm ok with waiting for the same, although thats not a deal breaker.
Old 31st July 2017, 18:54   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
I'd like to know if anyone has any news of the release of the 4x4 variant. If its in the near future I'm ok with waiting for the same, although thats not a deal breaker.
Not a reply to your doubt, but since you're OK with waiting for a bit, I'd tell you to do the same.

With the pricing of the JEEP Compass announced, the Tuscon prices may go down after a couple of months.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 19:39   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Not a reply to your doubt, but since you're OK with waiting for a bit, I'd tell you to do the same.

With the pricing of the JEEP Compass announced, the Tuscon prices may go down after a couple of months.
Possible.. But I truly doubt that. The SA, while taking the test drive, said that their target is to sell 1 each of Tuscon, Elantra and Santafe every month. So dont think Hyundai themselves want this to be sold aggresively. He also mentioned that they have got a lot of interest since GST brought the price down to 28.6 lac OTR here in hyderabad. (Maybe that would have gone down since today's Jeep launch). But Honestly I felt this car to be better than the Jeep atleast seating comfort and size wise. Inside of the Jeep felt very small, although I'm 6ft+ and XXL frame.
bharathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 20:57   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
I'm in the market for a premium Automatic SUV with fully loaded safety features, and although I don't like the pricing, the TUCSON is what I've kind of zeroed in to. The main reason being the comfort and the solid felling you get while driving this. (have taken one very small test drive)

Though there is no official word from Hyundai, Trident auto mentioned that there may be a 4*4 variant out in the next two months. I had this discussion yesterday. Assuming that this Tucson may have cooled seats and a sunroof as well. Expect another 2 lakhs bump up on the sticker.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks