Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2018, 09:05   #211
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Apple Car Play refuses to be on for some time on the Tucson's infotainment, any of you tried?

Google Maps gets disconnected when being used on Car Play. Phone being used is an iPhone 7+.
Old 28th July 2018, 11:08   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Apple Car Play refuses to be on for some time on the Tucson's infotainment, any of you tried?

Google Maps gets disconnected when being used on Car Play. Phone being used is an iPhone 7+.
Not sure about Apple car play working smoothly with google maps, I suppose its better optimised for Apple Maps. But with my Tuscon Google Maps works really well with Android specifically.
Old 30th July 2018, 10:59   #213
BHPian

Quote:

Hi, The Iphones Car play does not support Apple Maps as yet for the Tucson. What you can do instead is either connect to the system using a USB cable or Bluetooth, turn on your google maps and it will direct you by voice.
I use it regularly this way.
Old 30th July 2018, 12:16   #214
BHPian

Quote:
I've had absolutely zero problems with Apple CarPlay on the Tucson with the iPhone 10. Maybe a bad cable ?
Old 30th July 2018, 14:48   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
What you can do instead is either connect to the system using a USB cable or Bluetooth, turn on your google maps and it will direct you by voice.
I use it regularly this way.
Not very convenient, no..? If this is the case, then Hyundai should provide an update IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.k View Post
I've had absolutely zero problems with Apple CarPlay on the Tucson with the iPhone 10. Maybe a bad cable ?
All things work fine, its just the Google Maps. WhatsApp messages are synched/read, but Google Maps does not work in sync.
Old 30th July 2018, 15:01   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Not very convenient, no..? If this is the case, then Hyundai should provide an update IMHO.
This is something iOS/Google Maps should provide support for. iOS 12 promises this support - 3rd party navigation apps like GMaps, Waze, etc working with CarPlay. Wait till September https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/i...ze-navigation/
Old 30th July 2018, 15:02   #217
BHPian

Hi Sheel, yes agree not very convenient and we all hope Apple will rectify it but in the meantime no option but to use is this way. Other than this issue Car play works well at least on my Tucson
Old 28th August 2018, 21:30   #218
BHPian

Hey, Is there any launch update on GLS+ variant with the Sunroof? I am considering the Tuscon as my next purchase and any good offers or discounts on Tuscon in Delhi NCR?
Old 29th August 2018, 08:06   #219
BHPian

When I took a test drive of the tucson recently. the Sales guy mentioned that tucson facelift may come to india soon.
The facelift is currently on sale in australia and comes with better interiors, a new infotainment system, 8 speed AT mated with the diesel engine and some minor exterior changes like new grille and full LED headlights. I hope hyundai brings it to india soon.
The only thing holding me back from buying tucson are lack of full LED headlights, passenger seat height adjustment (it is quite low). I can live with the current interiors.
If one does not want to buy fortuner and endeavour, there are currently no SUVs in the market at tucson's pricepoint. Not sure when skoda is going to bring karoq and kodiaq is 10L more.
Old 29th August 2018, 09:24   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vap2151 View Post
Hey, Is there any launch update on GLS+ variant with the Sunroof? I am considering the Tuscon as my next purchase and any good offers or discounts on Tuscon in Delhi NCR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
When I took a test drive of the tucson recently. the Sales guy mentioned that tucson facelift may come to india soon.
We had a test drive of Tucson too a month back for my wife. However, the news of potential launch of GLS+ made me hold back.

The Sales Head of Trident called and said that there is no scope of either GSL+ or Facelifted version coming for another year and wanted me to buy the GLS one. They were even extending some good discounts.

Not convincing enough so thought will wait till the festival season to see if this changes.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 29th August 2018 at 09:26.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 17:08   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
We had a test drive of Tucson too a month back for my wife. However, the news of potential launch of GLS+ made me hold back.

The Sales Head of Trident called and said that there is no scope of either GSL+ or Facelifted version coming for another year and wanted me to buy the GLS one. They were even extending some good discounts.

Not convincing enough so thought will wait till the festival season to see if this changes.
I am also being offered some discounts but not to my satisfaction as the facelift is around the corner. I am going for the GL CRDI AT. Can you share what kind of discounts were you offered i am still negotiating with them. Thanks.
Old 29th August 2018, 17:55   #222
BHPian

Quote:
I am also being offered some discounts but not to my satisfaction as the facelift is around the corner. I am going for the GL CRDI AT. Can you share what kind of discounts were you offered i am still negotiating with them. Thanks.
From what I recall it was a 50k discount and free bumper to bumper insurance and some minor accessories. Altogether, from the sellers point of view they made it sound like closer to 2L though I could never understand how these things add to 2L. They calculate insurance at around 1.25L which otherwise would be around 70k or thereabouts.

Incidentally, i got to know from one of the dealers that GLS+ with sunroof, ventilated seats and some other minor changes is going to be launched next month. supposedly at a 70k to 1L price increase. Can not vouch for the authenticity of this though.
Old 29th August 2018, 19:21   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
From what I recall it was a 50k discount and free bumper to bumper insurance and some minor accessories. Altogether, from the sellers point of view they made it sound like closer to 2L though I could never understand how these things add to 2L. They calculate insurance at around 1.25L which otherwise would be around 70k or thereabouts.

Incidentally, i got to know from one of the dealers that GLS+ with sunroof, ventilated seats and some other minor changes is going to be launched next month. supposedly at a 70k to 1L price increase. Can not vouch for the authenticity of this though.
Yes i am being offered free insurance 75K Which is not Bumper to Bumper and 30K Exchange bonus and they are ready to round off the figure. But looking at the discounts offered to you i feel i have some more room to negotiate.

Regarding the GLS+ i feel that will go out of my budget with no discounts.
Thanks for your help. Cheers
Old 5th September 2018, 09:10   #224
BHPian

Hi, Does anyone know when is the facelift going to be launched in India?
Old 5th September 2018, 09:29   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Does anyone know when is the facelift going to be launched in India?
There may not be any facelift for India for some time other than some feature updates and a variant addition to the lineup

Based on unconfirmed update, the launch of GLS+is planned for sometime this month. The additions are sunroof, wireless charger and ventilated seat and some more minor changes. The expected increase could be around Rs. 70k to up to Rs. 1L

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks