Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2022, 12:50   #3811
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceTraveller View Post
Found this via Google Search for "team bhp PDI Check list"

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the prompt response and I have few queries. Request all to help.
1. How can I check, brake oil, steering oil levels.
2. Is the dealership expected to comply with my test ride request of the vehicle especially on the highway since the car will still be not in my name.
3. As this PDI checklist is a general list catering to all vehicles, are there any specific points which I need to specially look for in case of Jeep Compass.

Regards
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 12:58   #3812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrnh View Post
If service in my city is the main problem i can always give it in another city with better reputation like i did with my Ecosport, but when the parent company is so lethargic and disinterested it shatters your confidence with them.
Sadly, this is evident from the fact that less than 1% of overall revenue is derived from India, so much so that they don't even disclose India figures separately in their company wide annual report, they report it as "China, India & Asia Pacific". And India is hardly mentioned when they talk about their performance/future plans in their investors' call (available on Stellantis website)

This along with my observations I shared earlier (See this post (Jeep Compass : Official Review)) made me re-think my entire decision to go ahead with a Jeep vehicle in India. However, just like yourself, I am too very impressed with its build quality, sturdy suspension and a tank-like feel when you are in the car (through 3 test drives) so much so that the other day I was telling my wife that if someday, 35-40 lacs became an irrelevant amount of money for us as a family, I will buy a Jeep Compass as a second car and keep it around in my garage for those fun-driving days to self-indulge!

Anyways, happy that things are sorted for you for now. All the best!
PaceTraveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 16:19   #3813
BHPian

Dear all,

Would love to update on the status of the Compass, Now named Victoria.

1 and a half months on, she has zoomed to almost 3000 on the ODO.

These include daily office commute of 40 kms and the weekend drives to Pune.

The experience post the double whammy has been blissful and the faith is surely but surely coming back.

Captured here :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...back-home.html (My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home)

Coming to the drive and change from Manual Transmission to Automatic Transmission on the Jeep compass, Whereas AT is :
Amazing for Bombay traffic
Hugely convenient and
The future
The control with the MT and the engaging drive is missing on the AT
The MT is more fun for sure!

Sharing a few pics of the recently conducted Independence day Jeep trail at Karjat.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-photo1660963182.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-photo1660963182-1.jpeg  

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 24th August 2022 at 16:22.
vinitbhavi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 07:06   #3814
Senior - BHPian

I never planned to buy a car this year. Looking at the long waiting period for XUV700, i thought i will book one and wait it out for an year or so. But when i did test drives of the XUV700, Safari, Scorpio-N, 2022 Tuscon and then finally the Jeep Compass, it seemed very clear that the Jeep Compass was in a different league. The XUV700 is a great package, but the steering is too light and lifeless. Anyway, I have now booked the Jeep Compass Diesel AT anniversary edition. Sort of exceeded my budget a bit, I would have loved to get the petrol DCT, but i drive in peak Bangalore traffic and the fuel efficiency figures of the petrol DCT were quite scary. The diesel seemed more practical. But i wish the prices were at least 2-3 lakhs lower. The top of the line Tata Harrier Diesel AT costs just around 27-28 lakhs, so there is a huge price difference between the two cars, but the quality levels in the Harrier are a huge turn off.
motorworks is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 13:13   #3815
BHPian

Thank you for this. I had been looking for an adapter, but couldn't find which one to buy. I ordered this as soon as I saw this post. Hope it works well. Not that wired carplay gives me any trouble, but I'd just like to try out wireless option too, especially because my daily commute isvery short where I don't bother to connect to carplay. If it connects automatically I'll definitely end up listening to more music which is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Thanks for this. I searched for some options on Amazon India and found one, the link is below:

https://amzn.eu/d/ge8Haw9

I have placed an order for the same, it costs me Rs.2738. However, after placing the order I got to know that the seller is from USA and it will be shipped from there. Also, I got a mail from Amazon India to upload a photo ID for custom clearance. My question is, will the Amazon charge me extra for Custom clearance too?

Edit: I see that the product in your post will also be shipped by an international seller and requires photo ID proof.
Old 25th August 2022, 18:38   #3816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I never planned to buy a car this year. Looking at the long waiting period for XUV700, i thought i will book one and wait it out for an year or so. But when i did test drives of the XUV700, Safari, Scorpio-N, 2022 Tuscon and then finally the Jeep Compass, it seemed very clear that the Jeep Compass was in a different league. The XUV700 is a great package, but the steering is too light and lifeless. Anyway, I have now booked the Jeep Compass Diesel AT anniversary edition. Sort of exceeded my budget a bit, I would have loved to get the petrol DCT, but i drive in peak Bangalore traffic and the fuel efficiency figures of the petrol DCT were quite scary. The diesel seemed more practical. But i wish the prices were at least 2-3 lakhs lower. The top of the line Tata Harrier Diesel AT costs just around 27-28 lakhs, so there is a huge price difference between the two cars, but the quality levels in the Harrier are a huge turn off.
This is precisely why I bought a compass. I was looking at a harrier automatic which was coming down to 25l and I figured I'd test the compass as well. I was completely blown away with the quality of materials and how it drove (Both petrol and diesel). I ended up picking the S Petrol but even the limited (o) variant is a great deal and has a ton of goodies.
sid3091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 00:46   #3817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Thank you for this. I had been looking for an adapter, but couldn't find which one to buy. I ordered this as soon as I saw this post. Hope it works well. Not that wired carplay gives me any trouble, but I'd just like to try out wireless option too, especially because my daily commute isvery short where I don't bother to connect to carplay. If it connects automatically I'll definitely end up listening to more music which is a good thing.
Did you get it for Rs.2738? Now I am checking the price it’s showing RS.7721. Maybe the seller has put the earlier price by mistake. I just hope the seller doesn’t cancel the order. By the way is your order status ‘dispatched’?
Old 26th August 2022, 09:50   #3818

Hi - is there a way to buy jeep accessories online? I am picking up a used jeep compass and would like to buy few accessories.
Old 26th August 2022, 12:25   #3819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Did you get it for Rs.2738? Now I am checking the price it’s showing RS.7721. Maybe the seller has put the earlier price by mistake. I just hope the seller doesn’t cancel the order. By the way is your order status ‘dispatched’?
Yes I got it for 2738 as well, and you're right now it's showing 7721 as the price. The order status is dispatched. Hope it's not too good to be true, because most other devices on amazon were well beyond 10K in price. Looks like if we get it, it will be a steal
fast&curious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 00:36   #3820
BHPian

Dear T-BHPian's and Jeepers,
I have been a avid follower of this forum for more than a decade and have gained a lot from the insights provided in the car reviews, ownership reviews, route suggestions. This will be my first post on this forum.
My ride was a XUV 500 W8 that I had purchased in 2016 and was an extremely delightful ownership experience till the time I had the itch to have an upgrade sometime during the Feb-Mar of this year. I had given myself a time of 1 year for this transition.
Then started the process of preparing the shortlist:
  1. XUV 700 - A natural successor to my 500. Mahindra reliability, known devil. Much improved drivability, real estate, being such a VFM proposition . What was not to go again for a Mahindra - Didn't feel like an upgrade to me and I don't think I would have waited 12 months after booking a car.
  2. Tucson 2021- Well this had everything going for it, except that there was no clue with the dealerships on when the launch was going to happen. The pricing indication was a wide range also. So wasn't sure of how long the wait could be. But I got to TD the outgoing model, with a good discount been thrown in it was a good proposition. I didn't take the offer. Was it a good or bad decision : I would never know.
  3. Jeep Compass 2021: My boss got a compass in Jan'2022, the petrol model S 1.4 DCT Auto. The ride was so settled, I didn't think much about the lag. So my thoughts were to try the Diesel Auto, I knew it was pretty much not what I had budgeted for. However I asked for a TD of the diesel automatic and KHT Domlur was pro-active to offer me one on the next weekend with a neat Model S in the Metallic Green shade.

First impression : Ride was settled but it wasn't as keen as the Tucson which I had TD'ed. My wife and daughter had found the Tucson to be less spacious (benchmark was XUV500) so was very apprehensive of the feedback, but surprise can come in so many forms and in this it came in the way of the words that flowed from both their mouths, they were both impressed.
I had to go home to attend a cousin's marriage and it gave me some time to sleep on this idea. Heart says - you only live once, brain says - your XUV still has a lot of life dont spend.

But what the heck, if a new car purchase doesn't send the accountant in you for a toss. Heart always wins over the head.

So I went ahead with the booking on 20th June- booked a JC Model S 4x4 in Galaxy Blue, the Jeep in this shade looks drool worthy. But, my mantra for choosing colors in vehicle: " If you are confused buy Red, if you are not confused you will buy Red". How this can be a Blue.

Heavens answered, Blue was not in stock it could be made available in 3 weeks but Jeep was planning to jack up the price by 2-3% from 1st of July. Good enough excuse to change the color to Red( it was in stock). Got my car delivered on 2nd of July, one day before my daughter's birthday.
Named her "Red Streak".

What can I say about the driving experience. 2 words : Addictive, Exhilirating.
Gifted it a nice PPF wrap from Xpel and it has really made maintenance a lot easier. If I were to be asked, what do I miss.
  1. Space is at a premium. In my XUV 500 with the last row folded, luggage space was never a concern. Suitcases, bags or whatever. We used to move a portable kitchen when my daughter was an infant.
  2. No placeholders for sunglasses, 1 litre bottles. These are really handy spaces.

My first road trip on the JC was to Goa. Considering this to a be a 4x4, I thought the road conditions were of a concern for the lesser mortals (read low GC sedans), but I forgot the tyre was more suited for plush highway rides (255/55 R18). Tire wall damage within 1500 kms. Not something I expected. How can a vehicle that claims to be 4x4, be shod with tires that are prone to damages on not too bad roads.

Highway behaviors though were outstanding, I got an average mileage of 15+ kmpl with speeds well over 100 kmph.

Request to mods to move this to the right section, if this is not appropriate.

Last edited by ampere : 28th August 2022 at 08:14.
JC_Redstreak is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 15:22   #3821
BHPian

SA had called me to inform of my beast being in stock yard and delivery by Thursday. Excitement is killing me
Old 29th August 2022, 00:44   #3822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_Redstreak View Post
Tire wall damage within 1500 kms. Not something I expected. How can a vehicle that claims to be 4x4, be shod with tires that are prone to damages on not too bad roads.
Congratulations on your new car!

Yes, the stock size is 225 55R18, so the side wall height will be less compared to XUV 500 that you were driving earlier. Can you elaborate on the road conditions a bit more when this happened? I found the tyres to be quite good so far with adequate sidewall height for most conditions.
Old 29th August 2022, 07:54   #3823

I've got a new Compass Model S(O2) Petrol this weekend. I realised that that the factory fitted carpet will get dirty and will be difficult to clean and hence am thinking of getting it laminated.

Questions for fellow BHPians:
1. Is it recommended to get the carpet laminated?
2. Any recommended workshops in Andheri East / Powai regions of Mumbai for getting lamination done?

Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 13:09   #3824

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
It should work. Get this checked at the service center.

You have Goodyear Wrangler AT SilentTrac 225/60 R17.
Thank you so much for the advice. Got it fixed now. The gel in the sensor area was the problem. They opened it up ,put the new gel and let it dry completely. Now it's working as expected.
Old 29th August 2022, 15:17   #3825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Jeeper View Post
Congratulations on your new car!

Yes, the stock size is 225 55R18, so the side wall height will be less compared to XUV 500 that you were driving earlier. Can you elaborate on the road conditions a bit more when this happened? I found the tyres to be quite good so far with adequate sidewall height for most conditions.
Thanks. Well on the road conditions, I had this experience during the onward journey when the road conditions were much better than my return journey via Anmod.

However due to the road conditions being on the better side, I was driving at speeds of around 80 Kmph and at least I don't remember going over a particularly bigger crater that could have delivered a knockout punch to the tyre.

The side wall damage also happened on the inner side and I was driving in the tarred section of the road and not pushed below the asphalt where it could have damaged the tyre. I didn't do much of an investigation to find out what could have been instrumental in this as I was with family and anxious to reach my destination without any more incidents.

While getting my tyre replaced at House of tyres, Margao,Goa. The gentleman at the tyre shop mentioned that this was not the first time he was seeing a compass tyre getting such a damage.
Not sure, if it was my bad luck. However next time, I'll be more careful on the potholed roads. But not sure how to handle the one's that appear out of nowhere. I never bothered about them while driving my XUV500, it wasn't anything beyond a sharp thud.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th August 2022 at 15:18. Reason: Adding paragraph break, do a Preview before submitting post. Thanks.
JC_Redstreak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks