Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2019, 08:01   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktisarangi View Post
Updates to the 2019 Comfortline include a reverse parking camera (which my 2018 Comfortline does not have) and some additional parking sensors.
For the higher profile tyres and the absence of the sunroof that would cause more heat build up in Indian conditions than be an aid, the Comfortline is actually the better buy. The camera is certainly a nice to have, but not worth the wire cutting needed to instal it outside the factory, so this addition makes this version even more sensible.
Old 4th September 2019, 17:42   #272
BHPian

Has anyone here installed the mud flaps on their Tiguan, was surprised to find out that the Tiguan highline doesnt come with mud flaps, the local dealer is quoting Rs 6900 for all four.
Old 5th September 2019, 12:22   #273
BHPian

Yup , the highline doesn't come with Mudflaps.

Got it from Aliexpress, much cheaper than the dealer price.

No issues so far.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th September 2019 at 12:32. Reason: please do not type... like... this....
Ak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 15:29   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Yup , the highline doesn't come with Mudflaps.

Got it from Aliexpress, much cheaper than the dealer price.

No issues so far.
Can you please send me a PM with the ali express link, I saw a few on ali express, but it will be good to buy the same stuff that you bought.
Old 6th September 2019, 15:08   #275
BHPian

I am unable to PM you . I remember it was around 18-19$ and the store name XUKEY if I am not wrong.
Old 8th September 2019, 13:20   #276
BHPian

Quote:
I am unable to PM you . I remember it was around 18-19$ and the store name XUKEY if I am not wrong.
The Private Messaging facility is only available to BHPian membership level (and above). You can read more here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/faq.php?faq=200

Hey I was able to find out the XUKEY thing on aliexpress,

I read some of the reviews and it said that the front fits just fine but rear doesnt.

Did it fit properly on your Tiguan front and rear?
Did you have to make any changes in the car? (create holes, etc)
How long did it take for it to reach?
Old 10th September 2019, 09:00   #277
BHPian

I'm looking at picking up a used Tiguan Highline which has been recently repossessed and awaiting the Court Order (was leased to a company). Should happen shortly and a very good deal is expected for a car slightly under two years (not confirmed), and about 15k kms on the Odo. Expect a very good deal, in case I'm not picking it, don't mind extending the offer to fellow BHPians here. Will update as soon as I hear. Any advice on what to look out for in a used Tiguan will obviously be very helpful.
Old 10th September 2019, 15:06   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post

Hey I was able to find out the XUKEY thing on aliexpress,
I read some of the reviews and it said that the front fits just fine but rear doesnt.
Did it fit properly on your Tiguan front and rear?
Did you have to make any changes in the car? (create holes, etc)
How long did it take for it to reach?
Both front and back looks OK on mine. I remember it needed a couple of additional screws to be screwed on to the car
Cant recall exactly how long it took , but generally all my aliexpress orders reach around 30-40 days after ordering.
Old 12th September 2019, 11:12   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Facing some strange issue from the last few days. After travelling for say 10 mins I feel a strange smell coming from the AC . For me it is something like a “MUD” smell . Cross checked it with a few people. Some do feel the smell while some others feedback as nothing much. But I am pretty sure that something is there because I don’t get it in the initial part of the drive.
Thought it could be the AC flaps not closing even though it is in re-circulation mode. But if it is flaps are not closed I should get all smells from the road like diesel/petrol, smoke from buses and autos etc. But I am getting only 1 smell something like the mud smell.
Has anyone experienced it before. Any pointers would be helpful.
Had A/C disinfectant done at the ASS. Yet to notice the MUD smell as i was informed that the disinfectant smell will last for 4-5 days. Hope it helps to solve the problem. But was informed that if it doesn't solve the problem then the dash has to be removed and some evaporator has to be checked or something like that . Fingers crossed I do not want the factory fitted dash to be touched. Any thing else needs to be checked ? Any pointers ?
Old 12th September 2019, 13:19   #280
BHPian

Have started negotiations with VW for the Tiguan Comfortline. The dealership quoted 80k for the 4 year service plan. Does that seem like the right amount? If one service is 15-18k wouldn't it work out cheaper just to pay than the service plan?
Old 12th September 2019, 13:33   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Have started negotiations with VW for the Tiguan Comfortline. The dealership quoted 80k for the 4 year service plan. Does that seem like the right amount? If one service is 15-18k wouldn't it work out cheaper just to pay than the service plan?
The amount varies from city to city, at least thats what I was told. Ask your local dealer how much they charge for the service, anything less than 20k per service is cheaper. But I think that service plan includes from free alignment balancing or some sort of discount on alignment balancing.
Old 13th September 2019, 00:27   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Had A/C disinfectant done at the ASS. Yet to notice the MUD smell as i was informed that the disinfectant smell will last for 4-5 days. Hope it helps to solve the problem. But was informed that if it doesn't solve the problem then the dash has to be removed and some evaporator has to be checked or something like that . Fingers crossed I do not want the factory fitted dash to be touched. Any thing else needs to be checked ? Any pointers ?
Today I noticed that when I use my windshield spray (washer fluid) I get the washer fluid smell inside the cabin for like 3 to 5 seconds and then it goes away. I dont know where the air intake for the AC is, but how does the washer fluid sprayed on the windshield goes in that intake. Can anyone clarify this please?
Old 13th September 2019, 11:26   #283
BHPian

Hi, I think you should go for 235/60/R17. You are right, 215/65/R17 isn't available in India and you need to check around a lot for it. Even then am not sure if you will find it. I don't think you should have any issue with the extended Warranty
raz0405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 13:39   #284
BHPian

Regular service cost in Bangalore is around 18.5 K INR without alignment etc. However, at 60 K KMs the cost is going to go up as the transmission oil needs to be replaced. That is going be nearer to 40 K INR.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 14:07   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Today I noticed that when I use my windshield spray (washer fluid) I get the washer fluid smell inside the cabin for like 3 to 5 seconds and then it goes away. I dont know where the air intake for the AC is, but how does the washer fluid sprayed on the windshield goes in that intake. Can anyone clarify this please?
Sreeji, at the base of the windscreen there is an air intake for fresh air. You can see that probably when the bonnet is lifted up or you strain your neck to check when bonnet is closed.

Try with the fresh air circulation switched to off. You will not get the smell.

Regards
Nikhil

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks