Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2017, 23:25   #271
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
Unfortunately with Tata its either a hit or a miss, at least as things stand today. It pains especially when they have such a well engineered product. I had to escalate to President's (Mr Mayank Pareek) office as my Nexon delivery was repeatedly postponed. Trust me within 3 hours the issue was resolved. If you still intend to give it a shot, do let me know. I will help you to get in touch with this super cool guy at Tata Motors Head office.
I'll be interested in escalating few things. Please put me in touch if you can.

Regarding dealership experience, the nearest dealer to me has not been given Nexon due to pathetic ASS so when I called helpline and asked for TD no one responded in first week. When I escalated I got a call from a new dealer 60km away and said he will call me when the TD car is covering my town. Also I received a follow up call from Tata central helpdesk as well as dealer.
So things are definitely changing!
Old 11th November 2017, 23:36   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Please put me in touch if you can.
Would be glad to do the needful Akshay but since I am a newbie in all likelihood I may not have PM facility yet. Please drop in your mail id and mobile number to my mail id : aruforu@gmail.com. I shall pass on the same with screenshot of your query to my contact at TML. Mods, in case I should not have shared my mail id as per forum rules, please delete the same ASAP. My only intention is to help fellow BHPians .
ar134 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 23:58   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Today, I visited Concord, TATA showroom here in Pune along with my family to inquire for Nexon. I had a very bad experience there. There was no one to attend us. We reached to reception and asked if someone can tell us about Nexon and its prices.

One sales person came and we felt that he had no interest at all in showing the car. We sat in the car inside the showroom and checked the details ourselves. I asked him the price list, he came with the price list and started telling that there is a waiting period of 3 months without explaining the price details.

We came out in 10 minutes from the showroom and drove to Ford.
You didn't mention what time it was when you visited. You find any showroom empty in the morning when they just open or at lunch time or just before closing. And you shouldn't run away from a good product just because the salesman was less welcoming. Almost all car dealers and their salesmen behave same. That's what I have seen in my town. Why is it that people complain only in respect of Tata dealers but ignore if other brand dealer does the same. And, lastly, I would say Nexon is best value for money among all mini-SUVs. And feature-loaded, good looking, powerful too.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 10:29   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Sad to see that Tata has not been focused on improving the dealership experience. In Ahmedabad, our experience has been the opposite. We've been called many times announcing discounts and better buy back offers and when we went to the showroom, we were given ample time to look at the car. In a way, I feel that if we're left alone to look at the car, it is better. However, that perception varies.

If there's any other showroom, it would be nice if you could visit it. The best course of action would be to request a test-drive car at your door step. No need to visit the showroom.

The Nexon is a much more value for money product than the Ecosport. Personally, I think that the Ecosport is outdated and feels extremely mediocre (the old version) when you drive on roads which are not surfaced. But that's an opinion, not a fact.

Thanks.
Quote:
Unfortunately with Tata its either a hit or a miss, at least as things stand today. It pains especially when they have such a well engineered product. I had to escalate to President's (Mr Mayank Pareek) office as my Nexon delivery was repeatedly postponed. Trust me within 3 hours the issue was resolved. If you still intend to give it a shot, do let me know. I will help you to get in touch with this super cool guy at Tata Motors Head office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
You didn't mention what time it was when you visited. You find any showroom empty in the morning when they just open or at lunch time or just before closing. And you shouldn't run away from a good product just because the salesman was less welcoming. Almost all car dealers and their salesmen behave same. That's what I have seen in my town. Why is it that people complain only in respect of Tata dealers but ignore if other brand dealer does the same. And, lastly, I would say Nexon is best value for money among all mini-SUVs. And feature-loaded, good looking, powerful too.

I was in market since last 2-3 months to finalize my next car among Nexon, New Ecosport, TUV300 and S-Cross. Till yesterday, I shortlisted two cars i.e. Nexon and New Ecosport and I took my family to finalize the car between these two.

Yesterday was my fourth visit to TATA showroom. Below are the details of my last three TATA visits.

- I did first visit one week before the Nexon launch and inquired if they have received Nexon in their stock yard which I can look for. They told me they have car and I can only take a look from outside. They also noted down my phone number to inform me once the car is available for display.

- Second visit was after one week of launch. This time, one of the SR was assigned to me and he gave me car details and price list. I asked him if I can get the test drive of Diesel Nexon. SR told me that Diesel is not available and he will inform me once it is available.
After this I got couple of calls from the same SR for test drive but when I asked him whether they have Diesel car , he said sorry. I told him over phone, please let me know once Diesel is available for TD, i will come.

- After two weeks, I thought to try at another TATA showroom for Diesel TD along with TD of TUV300 and S-Cross.
First, around 4.30PM, I went to Mahindra for TUV300 but since vehicle was not present so I could not go for test drive. They gave me good details of the vehicle and noted down my number.
At 5.15PM, I reached to TATA showroom and my experience was bad (worst than my fourth visit to Nexon) . No one was there to attend me and when I asked at reception that I am interested in Nexon, can someone please provide me information. Receptionist could not find any SR to provide car details. There were many SRs standing outside the showroom and enjoying the rain. I left the showroom without TD. They did not bother to note down my details.
At 5.30PM, i reached to Nexa. Though I am not a fan of Maruti/Nexa cars but I thought to give a try to S-Cross. The atmosphere at Nexa was totally different. As soon I entered the showroom, receptionist asked my details and immediately asked one SR to provide me cars details.
That SR provided me all the details and arranged TD of S-Cross. I came back from TD of S-Cross and started asking about Ciaz as well. He provided me all details of Ciaz as well and immediately arranged TD of Ciaz.
Still I am getting calls from Nexa about my final decision. I have told him that I am waiting for Ecosport as well and I will be able to tell my final decision once I look at Ecosport.

Fourth visit was yesterday as I mentioned in my earlier post and it was at around 3.30PM. It was with my family to finalize between Nexon and Ecosport.

First, we went to see Nexon and my family liked car interiors very much.
I sat on the driver seat but I could not find comfortable driving position there. May be some adjustment was needed.

Then we went to Ford showroom and saw the new ecosport. At Ford, I had shown interest in car much earlier and provided my details before launch. One SR was in constant touch with me and was regularly sending updates about the car on my whatsapp number.
My family liked the New Ecosport, they liked the interiors and the look of the car. Most probably, we are final on Ecosport and will go for it, waiting for TD vehicle.
Old 12th November 2017, 10:48   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
My family liked the New Ecosport, they liked the interiors and the look of the car. Most probably, we are final on Ecosport and will go for it, waiting for TD vehicle.
Ecosport scores over Nexon in almost all areas except maybe value for money and rear seat space. Just my opinion, experts on the forum may shed more light on the comparison between the two cars. Wish you have a pleasant buying experience and get your hands on the new Ecosport pretty soon .
Old 12th November 2017, 11:26   #276
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors to double Nexon production to meet demand

Tata Motors has decided to double the production of the Nexon to meet growing demand.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-2017tatanexon06.jpg

The Nexon was launched in September 2017 and the waiting period has already stretched to 3 months. According to the company, the average production of the Nexon over the last 2 months stood at 3,000 units instead of the planned target of 5,500-6,000 units per month. That said, the initial production constraints are likely to get sorted out soon.

As per a media report, Tata received more than 15,000 bookings for the Nexon during the past 6 weeks. Around 350 Nexons are being booked each day, which amounts to 2,500 bookings per week.

The Tata Nexon range starts Rs. 5.87 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). It rivals the likes of Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the recently launched Ford EcoSport. In terms of pricing, the Nexon is priced aggressively and undercuts its rivals. Tata is hoping to sell more than 6,000 units per month.

Source: Money Control
TusharK is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 11:49   #277
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors to double Nexon production to meet demand

This is good news for Tata, which was expecting a sale of 3500 Nexons a month. I hope the Nexon does another Tiago for Tata. Well deserved.

A little more attention to quality, sales and after-sales-service will see them in strong competition and regaining brand value.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 12:10   #278
BHPian

I think it's a right decision to increase the production. Getting as many Nexons on road as quickly as possible will help people notice the car and will result in better results. Let's hope it materialize
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 12:22   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Getting as many Nexons on road as quickly as possible will help people notice the car and will result in better results

Very well said. Not only it will make people notice the car, but also help increasing the brand image seeing people are buying Tata products. All in all it will be a win for Tata. It will also help to lay the base foundation for future Tata products, people will not be hesitant like now.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 13:52   #280
Senior - BHPian

I think it would be better if you stated facts to support your claim. In which departments will EcoSport trounce Nexon exactly? Nexon isn't an easy walkover!

Quote:
Ecosport scores over Nexon in almost all areas

Last edited by ampere : 12th November 2017 at 21:55. Reason: Fixed quotes
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 13:58   #281
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors to double Nexon production to meet demand

Being one of the first to get the car I had no doubt then that the Nexon will do well in the market, especially with the spartan Brezza as competition. Now, this market will get heated up for sure with improved Ecosport. Cheers to a resuscitated Tata Motors. Truly well deserved.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 14:35   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Ecosport scores over Nexon in almost all areas except maybe value for money and rear seat space. Just my opinion, experts on the forum may shed more light on the comparison between the two cars. Wish you have a pleasant buying experience and get your hands on the new Ecosport pretty soon .
Nexon is different from the ecosport in the looks department. It's more futuristic to some, and overdone to a few others. The other one however is quite neutral and fits the taste of most buyers.
Apart from this, i find NO significant difference from the two, considering the price point.
Both have got excellent features going, good engines and offer an excellent driving experience.
The big put off for me are the stiff suspensions on the Ecosport which always gives out a loud thud when you go over a bump.
Add to that the lower asking price of the Nexon, more spacious cabin and a slightly bigger boot, wearable keys plus the optional sunroof and other such stuff, i find it difficult to accept your statement that the ford scores over most areas!
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 14:59   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Nexon isn't an easy walkover!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Add to that the lower asking price of the Nexon, more spacious cabin and a slightly bigger boot, wearable keys plus the optional sunroof and other such stuff, i find it difficult to accept your statement that the ford scores over most areas!
Hey guys, I just stated my opinion and mentioned explicitly it is just that and nothing more . It is just a classical case of 'Impression aisi hi ban jaata hai' .I too shall be a Nexon owner in another 10 days and certainly it was not to offend any existing owners of Nexon. The two factors I have mentioned where Nexon scores over Ecosport are enough for me to not even take a Test drive of the New Ecosport and decide blindly in favour of the Nexon. Apologies once again and would surely love if the mods can bring out the pros and cons of Nexon and Ecosport in the New Ecosport official review or over here in the Nexon review thread .

Last edited by Aditya : 12th November 2017 at 22:36. Reason: Fixing quote tag
ar134 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 15:07   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing from my earlier post about the wipers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The wipers are not out of place. ...
Gentlemen, let's compare the Nexon with a car from a competitor.

As per the review:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Frameless wipers look smart and have a good sweep. Notice the angle of the passenger-side wiper blade, which sticks out far too much and looks out of place:
And a couple of pics from a competitor .

Tata Nexon : Official Review-es1.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-es2.jpg

Actually, when you sit inside this car, the wipers are still visible from inside. Not so in the Nexon.

And another point:

Quote:
Large and glaring round cap covers up the place where the ignition keyhole of the lower variants will be. Looks ugly:
And here's from the same competitor:
Tata Nexon : Official Review-es3keyhole.jpg

Quote:
In a car as well-equipped, this is a big mistake from Tata. Steering is only adjustable for height!
If a manufacturer chooses for some reason not to give this feature, How is it a mistake ? Btw, does anyone know which other cars in this category have this feature ?

Btw, this competitor is using a lot of pics from the LHD of the car on their India web-site. Some video's too !
condor is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 15:20   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Gentlemen, let's compare the Nexon with a car from a competitor.

Actually, when you sit inside this car, the wipers are still visible from inside. Not so in the Nexon.

If a manufacturer chooses for some reason not to give this feature, How is it a mistake ?
Condor, could not agree with you more. I guess we should get used to comparing Tata and Mahindra cars with cars of competitors a segment above and still they should be priced a lakh lesser than those of the competitors in their own segment :banghead: . We Indians are greedy, aren't we?
ar134 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks