Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2017, 15:20   #286
BHPian

That round cap looks far far better in the nexon than the one in the competitor! Hope this point was raised with equal stress on the car's ownership review, as done here!
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 21:27   #287
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post

Hey guys, I just stated my opinion and mentioned explicitly it is just that and nothing more . It is just a classical case of 'Impression aisi hi ban jaata hai' .I too shall be a Nexon owner in another 10 days and certainly it was not to offend any existing owners of Nexon.
Funny, you are buying a Nexon and yet saying Ecosport is superior. You should feel proud of your pick. Nexon makes better sense. Ecosport is 2013 wine in 2017 bottle. I'm frankly not sold on Ecosport's looks. Not much is new. Only the front end is. Ok there are interior improvements but I can't look past that yucky instrument cluster.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 22:21   #288
BHPian

Nexon color naming trivia (Marketing v/s Engineering):
Glasgow Grey - Sky Grey
Seattle Silver - Platinum Silver
Moroccan Blue - S (sky?) Blue
Vermont Red - Berry Red
Calgary White - Pristine White

Also note that the velcro straps to tie the safety triangle seen in the review cars did not make it to production cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171112_155155.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171112_155222.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171112_162111.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171029_142806.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171112_155018.jpg  

Kommandogerät is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 22:55   #289
Senior - BHPian

Even I started searching for those straps, thought the dealer filched them. Glad to see you in the same boat. And, glad Marketing won the naming contest, they really sound so premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandogerät View Post
velcro straps to tie the safety triangle seen in the review cars did not make it to production cars.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 23:03   #290
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors to double Nexon production to meet demand

If true, this is heartening at many levels. A lot of us had apprehensions whether product improvements at Tata will materialize into actual sales or not. They've managed the perception part really well: Tiago and Tigor clearly look class apart from the competition at the lower end, and the Hexa does overshadow the Innova in sheer road presence and looks, thus creating the desired Halo effect.

I can only imagine what a positive experience it must be going to Tata showroom and checking out all these products nowadays compared to just a few years back. In comes the Nexon which is not just a well rounded product, but gains from the slow and steady image improvements enough for people to invest 8-9L in a Tata vehicle. So essentially the timing has been good as well.

All the best Tata and hoping you continue to come up with such smashing, good looking products (specially true when compared to another Indian car maker *cough cough*).

Edit: From the reviews, had the impression that the rear is too busy and doesn't look good. But saw the car in some subtle shades like Grey, and it doesn't look bad at all! Although looks are subjective, but its no exaggeration to say that the Nexon can lay claim to be the best looking sub compact SUV at present.

Last edited by avisidhu : 12th November 2017 at 23:07.
avisidhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 23:06   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Today, I visited Concord, TATA showroom here in Pune along with my family to inquire for Nexon. I had a very bad experience there. There was no one to attend us. We reached to reception and asked if someone can tell us about Nexon and its prices.

One sales person came and we felt that he had no interest at all in showing the car. We sat in the car inside the showroom and checked the details ourselves. I asked him the price list, he came with the price list and started telling that there is a waiting period of 3 months without explaining the price details.

We came out in 10 minutes from the showroom and drove to Ford.
The worst experience I've had with a car dealer was when I visited a Tata showroom in Siliguri to enquire about the Hexa a couple of months ago.

It was a hot day and they didn't have the air conditioner running because there was a power outage (apparently they haven't heard of generators). They did not have the car on display or available for a test drive and the salespeople were utterly disinterested in attending to me. They did just about the least they could do without actually asking me to leave.

I pretty much decided then that it'd be a long time before I would ever consider purchasing a Tata car again. I know this is off topic but it does matter that the company has terrible customer facing staff, because no matter how good the products are, the quality of the support behind it makes all the difference.
Old 13th November 2017, 06:31   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
The worst experience I've had with a car dealer was when I visited a Tata showroom in Siliguri to enquire about the Hexa a couple of months ago.
A powercut is not something that a car company can predict. They did not have a car- again not something that is nice but not a deal breaker. Someone posted on the Hexa thread that the company sent a car 150 kilometers one way in Assam. If you had a problem with the dealership, you could have requested a car at home. Having had a Maruti, Hyundai and a Nano in the family, I fail to understand why (and how) people can be so dismissive about a world class product just because a glass of water wasn't offered at the show room. I also understand now why Maruti is investing so much in pleasing customers through nice beverages at service centres rather than by launching more desirable cars.

I request this post to be deleted if it is OT.
Nissan1180 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 06:50   #293
BHPian

Did a TD of the Diesel Top End. If you are eyeing to buy one, you may want to consider the following:

1. The Clutch-Pedal is placed on the higher side and needs to travel a long distance for getting fully engaged. People with small feet will not be very pleased in city traffic

2. My left feet kept brushing against the dead pedal's side wall, every time I was pressing the clutch. Not a very comforting thing in city traffic

Last edited by TSEA : 13th November 2017 at 06:56.
Old 13th November 2017, 06:55   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Funny, you are buying a Nexon and yet saying Ecosport is superior.
I have explained why I chose the Nexon even though in my opinion Ecosport has its own strengths. I believe just because I happen to own a car does not mean I do not acknowledge its shortcomings or strengths of the competitor. If doing so is funny, let it be and this shall be my last reply on the topic. I rest my case here.
ar134 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 07:24   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
A powercut is not something that a car company can predict. They did not have a car- again not something that is nice but not a deal breaker. Someone posted on the Hexa thread that the company sent a car 150 kilometers one way in Assam. If you had a problem with the dealership, you could have requested a car at home. Having had a Maruti, Hyundai and a Nano in the family, I fail to understand why (and how) people can be so dismissive about a world class product just because a glass of water wasn't offered at the show room. I also understand now why Maruti is investing so much in pleasing customers through nice beverages at service centres rather than by launching more desirable cars.

Just what i wanted to say. There are two kinds of people. Ones who understand the product for what it truly is and petty issues do not affect much on the buying decision.
Then there are others who are impressed by the service offered and nice words take precedence over the product, hence influencing the decision.

Both kinds have their pros and cons. But what the first kind of customer has to keep in mind is the quality of after sales service. The second kind of customer has to view the product critically and not let the nice words mask their thinking process.

I've had much better after sales experience in TATA than Hyundai and feel sad to see folks switching away from a great product just because of the initial experience.
TATA has got to realise this. Though most of the service centres have improved a lot, there a few bad ones here and there. Just like in the case of other brands.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 13th November 2017 at 07:25.
Old 13th November 2017, 07:37   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
I have explained why I chose the Nexon even though in my opinion Ecosport has its own strengths.
@ar134, Congrats on booking the Nexon. Do post pics once you get your car.

For all, pls check my recent posts on the Ecosport thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
I've had much better after sales experience in TATA than Hyundai and feel sad to see folks switching away from a great product just because of the initial experience.
No dealer is an exception. The worst experience I have had was @ Maruti - when I went for the Brezza. A recent servicing of our A-Star was such that I just had to share my thoughts with the service advisor. Regarding show room experienced, it's going in the same direction for Ford for the Ecosport as it did with Maruti.
Old 13th November 2017, 08:36   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post

In my case, I will buy a car out of a tarpulin roofed shed if the car ticks all the right boxes for me, but in the same vein I will never purchase a tin box Maruti even if they make a Lamborgini clone simply because their cars feel ultra cheap, especially the build quality. However I do not go, take a test drive then make a hue and cry about how bad the Maruti is.

However, customer service cannot be neglected, as Tata found out the hard way. A customer is king and should be treated as such. Not even offering a glass of water is simply not done.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 09:57   #298
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a single tone blue Nexon today. It looked really odd especially that ceramic inserts around fog lamps and waistline. Rear looked pretty good. One suggestion for people booking Nexon - If you like blue or red go for dual tone.

My colour ranking

Grey>Dual tone red>white>dual tone blue>silver>single tone red>single tone blue
Old 13th November 2017, 10:46   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
One suggestion for people booking Nexon - If you like blue or red go for dual tone.

I saw a red one yesterday. I'm not sure if it was dual tone to begin with, but the owner made it so with a matte black finish.

Looked very good, better IMHO than the grey roof offered by the company. Will try n get some pics to share.
Old 13th November 2017, 11:01   #300
BHPian

I saw a Nexon in Glasgow grey today in my rearview mirror. With its DRLs, it looked amazing! That has got to be the best colour on the Nexon.
Ajay_Sensei is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks