Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2018, 19:05   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Now, how good an upsize is 205,60,R16. What benefit will I see by this 10 mm increase in width? The stock came with 195, 60, R16.
along with 4~5mm increase in tire radius --> increase in ground clearance.
Old 16th February 2018, 19:15   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Just took a test drive of Nexon diesel. Man, I’m blown away. If you had put me blindfolded inside Nexon and there were no clues to the maker, I wouldn’t have believed if I was told it was a TATA vehicle. After driving, I have fallen in love with this car. Exceptional vehicle, every single person who is looking for a car in this segment should definitely take a test drive without bias. Brezza and Ecosport feel so crude after driving this. Wish I were in the market for a new car!

Nexon has not recieved the success it deserves. Many of my friends are even hesitant to test drive Nexon. For them I have only thing to say, you guys are making a BIG MISTAKE.
Absolutely true. I truly wonder how successful Tata would have been in any other country. When I say that the Nexon is better than all others in the segment in terms of space, NVH and handling, my friends are hesitant to believe me. It is actually as good as a 2WD Compass at 60% of the price.

Our development charts show how we think and believe as consumers More than 70% of what consumers spend goes out of the country because some folks mysteriously believe that other folks like them for buying American, European or Korean (!) brands! And then we complain about Indian companies not doing enough innovation

Jokes aside, I really believe that with the Nexon , Hexa and upcoming products, Tata can crack into the first world markets. The HRV or Toyota rush, which cost as much as the Hexa, feel like a Wagon R when compared to the Hexa. Good luck to the team at Tata.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 16th February 2018 at 19:20. Reason: Language
Nissan1180 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 19:42   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Nexon has not recieved the success it deserves.
Well, Tata is letting the numbers speak for them. With > 4k units leaving its showrooms every month it is definitely getting recognised. Massive props to Tata for turning it around.

What was once attracting ire of customers for its faulty cars, inconsistent A.S.S, is earning plaudits for its quality VFM offerings, and deservedly so. What the Delhi autoexpo also showed us, by giving a peek into their style and technical prowess, is, they are not resting on laurels. They are the most improved maker in the last few years. I hope they keep giving us more such fantastic beasts.
Old 16th February 2018, 20:20   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Nexon has not recieved the success it deserves. Many of my friends are even hesitant to test drive Nexon. For them I have only thing to say, you guys are making a BIG MISTAKE.
So true !!
I really get disappointed with people (including few of my close friends) who pass judgement so easily just by going with what they think, rather than going by the facts and figures.
TATA for these people are a 'local' brand with all the inconsistencies in the world.
I was so inclined to test these claims on my own when I fell for Nexon. Going by the reviews and news how TATA is emerging in all aspects and the way they are focusing on customer more than ever I'm hopeful towards a very good experience owning a Nexon. It will be my first TATA and am so looking forward to get the delivery coming Monday.
0nubhav is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 21:07   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandogerät View Post
The scuff plates are only for the front doors. While they look impressive, two things keep on nagging me. One is the small exposed part of the wire between the plates and the door frame.(You can see it in the pics) and the other is me constantly wondering if the lights on the scuff plates shut down after sometime or keep on running all the time. It is only after seeing the puddle lamps go off after closing the door, that I am feeling a little less uneasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nubhav View Post
Nice one. I noticed you also have an illuminated scuff plate installed. I'm planning on the same. Just wanted to enquire if they are only for front like set of two or for all four doors.
Please help with few pics if possible.
Thanks in advance.
For Rs
1250 (at least for the Tiago) Tata offers a PAIR. So if you buy 2 sets, you can have them at the back too. But they don't fit as snugly as they do for the front.

The tiny bit of wire isn't an issue. Almost a year done with it on my Tiago. As for switching off, try depressing the door sensor with your finger. You will notice the scuff plate lights switch off too. The way we used to play with old refrigerator doors.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 00:37   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
With > 4k units leaving its showrooms every month
Well these are not showroom sales exactly. These factory dispatch numbers. But is proportional to sales.

Looks like the Compact SUV or in purists terms, raised hatchback segment is indeed taking the sales away from Sedans similar to the global trend.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 17:26   #817
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sharing the Nexon's Jan production data. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-jan-18.jpg
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 17:32   #818
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Shows that Diesel is still the engine of choice in crossovers / pseudo SUV's and also that Blue as a colour has really caught on as the colour of choice in India. Most cars are being launched in Blue and shown in concept form in Orange. White used to be 50% but has now dropped in percentage terms though it is still the most favoured colour.

I am into my fourth Blue car and earlier it was like 1 in 100 who would opt for Blue. Of course going ahead plan to avoid Blue as it becomes more and more common. I'll instead admire the Blue on other cars.

Last edited by ACM : 17th February 2018 at 17:36.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 00:09   #819
BHPian

I am sorry if this question has been asked before.

Which is the Mode (Eco,City,Sport) ideal for Nexon's engine break-in period ? Or else we need to vary the modes as well ?
gk.93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 01:48   #820

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post

Which is the Mode (Eco,City,Sport) ideal for Nexon's engine break-in period ? Or else we need to vary the modes as well ?
It is advisable that we use all the modes in run-in period. This will open up the engine and all the modes will be put on use. I used all the modes whenever required during my run-in period. Just don't get over enthusiastic when you drive in sports mode, you will feel like pushing it more. So just don't revv it too much and engine should be fine. Have a good and safe drive.
Ashscorpion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 03:56   #821
BHPian

Sports mode. Eco is miserable. City is ok ok. Sports mode is very responsive. I've noticed the throttle responsiveness reduce a bit after crossing first 1000. Also, any inputs on my tyre upgrade to 205 60 16?
Old 18th February 2018, 07:46   #822
BHPian

Quote:

I would avoid Sports mode during run in for various reasons discussed on Nexon owners WhatsApp group. Stick to city mode (which is more than adequate even with 5 on board in most driving conditions) unless you are cruising on a highway in which case you can use Eco mode as well to extract higher mileage. All these observations are for Nexon diesel.

Last edited by ampere : 18th February 2018 at 08:00.
ar134 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 09:42   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The owners manual mentions only speed driven run in. You may use any or all of the modes. The modes just change the throttle response.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 10:05   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
More than the mode or vehicle speed what matters most is the engine speed (rpm)
Limit around 3k rpm for the run-in
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 14:47   #825
BHPian

I had asked a question and needed help regarding the drive modes for Nexon Petrol but nobody came to my rescue.
Now i am asking it again so here it is.

Since the car has drive modes depending upon the traffic congestion and power required what should be the ideal mode for city traffic. City mode i heard is a perfect mix between power and economy but might be a bit slow to get off the mark so i am not sure its the best mode to drive in city start stop traffic. I feel Sports mode is ideal due to its brisk pace and quick adaptability in city but need help and suggestions from my fellow Nexon owners in this regard.

Also i would like to know what should be the ideal run in kms for the Petrol Nexon and what are the basic precautions needed to be followed during that time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks