Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2018, 12:16   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post

Plus i would like to know which color looks better. White dual tone or Red dual tone. Initially i had selected Red dual tone but without having checked the car physically as it wasn't available at the dealer so made a guess only on the basis of pics, however i saw White dual tone and i liked it better. Not sure the color is the best so need suggestions and help here. What do my fellow BHPians think about the White dual tone. Is it worth buying or i should stick to Red dual tone.
The white dual tone has a darker shade of the white stripe that you see in other colours. If you need a mature looking design which is rare in the market, go for it.

If you like to highlight the quirky design language of the car and wish to stand out, grab the red dual tone.

For me, it would be the white dual tone any day!
abhi7013 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 12:32   #737
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:

Plus i would like to know which color looks better. White dual tone or Red dual tone.
Here in Kochi suburbs I have seen all colours of Nexon (White non-dual)

Most appealing colour for me was Red Dual and least was White non-dual. But White Dual is looking good in pics. So need to see it on road to judge.

My preference will be Red Dual > Blue Dual > Grey > Red > Blue > Silver > White.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 12:37   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
The white dual tone has a darker shade of the white stripe that you see in other colours. If you need a mature looking design which is rare in the market, go for it.

If you like to highlight the quirky design language of the car and wish to stand out, grab the red dual tone.

For me, it would be the white dual tone any day!
The White dual tone has grey stripes throughout and not the darker shade of white just like in single tone color of White for Nexon. The grey looks better and makes more sense than a white stripe on any color in Nexon. Personally i am not a fan of the White stripe at the rear on Nexon as it makes the car look too flashy and has a in your face type rear which has put off many potential buyers i feel. Plus my observation is that the roof is differentiated from the body by White stripe at rear which makes the rear look a bit smaller than it is and gives it a more of a hatchback rear appeal. Grey stripes at the rear are wrapped around the whole car which blends really well with the roof as its of the same color and as per mature taste i feel. The White will get dirty and attract dust quickly too i guess hence more cleaning is required.

I have uploaded the pics of the White dual tone on previous page and you can check them too if you like.
Old 6th February 2018, 00:08   #739
BHPian

@ syed - Colour looks flashy due to 3m paint sealant and direct sunlight. :-) It is tad darker than what you see in photos.

@ 0nubhav - all issues resolved by tata. It was a simple ECU software flashing which was required. The nexon runs like a charm now, tested and no issues over the past day and a half. Tata service was also fantastic. really happy with my decision to go for the Nexon guys. Will update on performance shortly.
sahas83 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 07:53   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post

@ 0nubhav - all issues resolved by tata. It was a simple ECU software flashing which was required. The nexon runs like a charm now, tested and no issues over the past day and a half. Tata service was also fantastic. really happy with my decision to go for the Nexon guys. Will update on performance shortly.
That's a great news. Congrats mate. Your post definitely will boost confidence among the prospective buyers and improve TATAs image in terms of after sales service. Also happy to see you don't regret your decision of buying Nexon anymore, that reinstates the fact that this car is a keeper. Wishing you many happy miles.

Hope we all Nexon owners and would be owners can have a meet sometime (I'm in Bangalore so wouldn't mind catching up with fellow Bangalore based Nexon owners).
0nubhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 08:31   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nubhav View Post
That's a great news. Congrats mate. Your post definitely will boost confidence among the prospective buyers and improve TATAs image in terms of after sales service. Also happy to see you don't regret your decision of buying Nexon anymore, that reinstates the fact that this car is a keeper. Wishing you many happy miles.

Hope we all Nexon owners and would be owners can have a meet sometime (I'm in Bangalore so wouldn't mind catching up with fellow Bangalore based Nexon owners).
This is exactly what people are expecting. Given that the car as such is just a machine and can have niggles and issues. However the way it is being addressed by the service folks basically makes or breaks the perception.

Nice to see a good experience with Tata. Hope to see consistency in the service levels.
Old 6th February 2018, 10:51   #742
BHPian

I had enquired about the AMT variant from the dealer and requested fellow BHPians to confirm the same news but didn't get any response so far. May be people forgot about it so i am quoting the same text again which i posted few days ago.

''Guys as you already know i booked my Nexon XZ+ few days ago and many enthusiasts are waiting for the AMT of the same to get their hands on however the dealer i booked my car at told me no booking will take place till mid of this year which was surprising considering the fact near production model will be unveiled at the Auto Expo. I enquired about the same and they said the instructions have come directly from Tata motors India so can't help. Now is it a confirmed report i am not sure as yet. Can anybody confirm the same news from their dealers or was my dealer trying to avoid giving out details so soon.''
Old 6th February 2018, 11:54   #743
BHPian

Quote:
I had enquired about the AMT variant from the dealer and requested fellow BHPians to confirm the same news but didn't get any response so far. May be people forgot about it so i am quoting the same text again which i posted few days ago.
You can check the updates on the AMT in this dedicated thread. Looks like a few more spy shots were taken.
Old 6th February 2018, 13:49   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
[*]If above questions are fairly in NO is that a wise decision to go for Tigor XZA provided that both cars are satisfying my basic needs? [/list]
I cannot comment on Nexon Diesel but regarding Tigor XZA - do note that it is petrol powered and not Diesel.

I own a Tigor XZA and off late seeing quite a few XZA's on road (both Tigor and Tiago).

As far as overall space is concerned, Tigor scores above Nexon due to the big boot capacity of 419 ltrs. The Tigor XZA also has good ground clearence of 170mm and 15 inch alloys. Coupled with a nicely tuned suspension, the car can take potholes with ease and can take on roads where other hatchbacks/compact sedans would struggle.

The AMT gearbox is quite smooth by AMT standards, and comes with 3 modes (City, Sport in AT and M in Manual). Also creep mode is standard. And i need not mention much about superb 6 speaker Harmon ICE - enough is known already.

I think you get a lot of car per car from the Tigor AMT, including a comparatively smooth AMT gearbox and spacious boot and ride quality. S.o decide accordingly. If Pseudo SUV stance is what you prefer, no looking back from Nexon. But as a value for money product, Tigor is very good

Last edited by DCEite : 6th February 2018 at 13:50.
DCEite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 14:24   #745
BHPian

Guys so here is the latest news coming in from Auto industry. It may not be really pleasing for all the Nexon fans including me but cant help it. Ford managed to beat Tata in sales for January 2018 for their respective compact SUV's. Ford sold 6833 units of EcoSport compared to Tata's 4917 units which is almost 30% more than the sales of Nexon. Overall i still feel Tata is doing a great job competing with the best and established brands in this car segment and slowly Tata is regaining lost ground. The sales numbers are increasing by each passing month for Nexon which is a huge positive for Tata. Nexon is still new in market and i feel come June it will set the cash registers ringing for Tata.
Old 6th February 2018, 14:49   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Nexon is still new in market and i feel come June it will set the cash registers ringing for Tata.
The good news is that people now consider the Nexon to be the best competitor to the Ecosport. Brezza sells because it is a Maruti, but think about how far Tata has come in the last 1 year. They now offer a product that makes MSIL products look outdated, expensive. If the momentum continues and they keep selling 5000 units every month, the car will inspire more people to take the brand seriously.
Old 6th February 2018, 16:08   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Ford managed to beat Tata in sales for January 2018 for their respective compact SUV's. Ford sold 6833 units of EcoSport compared to Tata's 4917 units which is almost 30% more than the sales of Nexon.
I have a feeling that these numbers have something to do with year end inventory adjustments by Ford. If you see the numbers in Dec 2017, Nexon managed 4000+ while the Ecosport shipped less than 1800. We have to wait a few more months to get the real picture.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 18:48   #748
BANNED

An update on my follow-up on removing the handling charges from my booking. I had raised complain to customer care (with copy to CEO). Concorde CRM contacted me but without much clarity. While they themselves agreed that handling charges are not valid per govt but they have not got any instructions from Tata about not charging this. She wants to followup with her superior before coming back to me.
Any pointers that can help me negotiate better?

The car has arrived at dealership already and I did pre check today but not have released the money yet.

Last edited by ottocycle : 6th February 2018 at 18:51.
Old 6th February 2018, 19:29   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
An update on my follow-up on removing the handling charges from my booking. I had raised complain to customer care (with copy to CEO). Concorde CRM contacted me but without much clarity. While they themselves agreed that handling charges are not valid per govt but they have not got any instructions from Tata about not charging this. She wants to followup with her superior before coming back to me.

The car has arrived at dealership already and I did pre check today but not have released the money yet.
I dont think you need to negotiate anything in this regard. Handling charges are illegal as per supreme court ruling so you just need to stay firm on your stand. Tata will surely not give it in writing or send instructions to the dealers to refrain from this mal practice as there are many black sheep dealers who try to get extra money from unsuspecting customers so I don't feel any company or any brand will give this extra money earning gimmick a miss. Since the dealer is already aware about the charges being illegal then you need not to worry as they already have accepted it. Only thing is you need not to budge from your end. The moment they feel you are too eager to get your car and willing to pay extra they will exploit the situation. Cheers and all the best.
Old 6th February 2018, 19:50   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post

You can refer to the post where a fellow T-BHPian has mentioned the price list of the showroom excluding the handling/logistic charges in this post (a few pages back). So if that can happen in one showroom it should be uniform across the country.

Also I feel you're lucky enough to see the car as my dealer are saying that car will come to the showroom only after realisation of full payment and that I can have the pre-registration checks on the same day

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks