Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2019, 14:00   #2236
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Nexon is now a 5Star rated car and Tata Motors are updating features to make the older 4Star rated up to spec. But it's not always a good thing. For example, the latest software update has taken away the Auto Lock feature. 'Carjacking' is a looming threat in India, these days. And there are numerous reports of attempts being made on Bangalore's busy roads like JC Road even. Now if I don't lock it manually the car won't lock, as it picks up speed, like before. I strongly feel that a city car like Nexon needs auto-locking! So that's my pet peeve these days. OT - Got my car in for a quick wash and admire the fact that it's 18 months old
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_4221.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 14:32   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post

For example, the latest software update has taken away the Auto Lock feature. 'Carjacking' is a looming threat in India, these days. And there are numerous reports of attempts being made on Bangalore's busy roads like JC Road even. Now if I don't lock it manually the car won't lock, as it picks up speed, like before. I strongly feel that a city car like Nexon needs auto-locking!
Same thing happened with my Tiago after the software update, but the Speed Sense auto-lock is only disabled. You can always turn it on again from the ICE settings. I did and now it works like earlier.
rish_arora is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 14:32   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
Brute comes home!
Congrats on the new white Nexon. I always hated white in cars but after seeing Nexon in white for several times, I'm slowly having change of mind.
motobliss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 17:16   #2239
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Brute is doing good and I have clocked 200 kms in 3 days since delivery (excluding 138km on the odo at the delivery). The power seems great and drive is smooth I am trying to run in lower rpm's and fuel efficiency is shown as 20-21 kmpl.

I have query to you guys. Has anyone upgraded the stock projector bulbs on the nexon ? I find the low beam practically useless.
Old 11th May 2019, 08:36   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
Hello Everyone,

Brute is doing good and I have clocked 200 kms in 3 days since delivery (excluding 138km on the odo at the delivery). The power seems great and drive is smooth I am trying to run in lower rpm's and fuel efficiency is shown as 20-21 kmpl.

I have query to you guys. Has anyone upgraded the stock projector bulbs on the nexon ? I find the low beam practically useless.
Congrats. It’s a nice car to drive around. If the mileage mentioned is as per MID reduce 3kmpl for actual FE.

For headlights even I am scouting. Currently use fog lamps in conjunction with low beam on poorly lit roads. Not sure how good an idea this is
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 10:49   #2241
BHPian

Got the second service done for my Nexon at SIFA Motors, Chromepet. The serice experience was excellent. All the minor issues reported were taken care. The door rattling was fixed, there was some minor creaking on the fender and this was fixed as well.
Android auto hangs sometimes, not sure if this was due to internet connectivity or my phone. They did upgrade the software on the head unit. Had a 800km weekend drive, the car is great on the highway. Now that the rattling issue is sorted, looking to get a subwoofer installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-resized.jpg  

knaveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 13:41   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Got the second service done for my Nexon at SIFA Motors, Chromepet. The serice experience was excellent. All the minor issues reported were taken care. The door rattling was fixed, there was some minor creaking on the fender and this was fixed as well.
Was the door rattle due to Latch if the door lock rattling. I had got mine fixed for the rear door but it has returned again. Will have to get time out to get it fixed again
Old 17th May 2019, 00:45   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Was the door rattle due to Latch if the door lock rattling. I had got mine fixed for the rear door but it has returned again. Will have to get time out to get it fixed again

No mine was not due to the latch, it sounded more like the window glass vibrating. The service center folks said something about window retainers needs to be tightened. So far the issue has not returned.
knaveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 10:15   #2244
Senior - BHPian

My rear left door latch was replaced under warranty. So the next time, please press that they replace the unit.

Quote:
Old 20th May 2019, 11:21   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Facing the same rattling issue at my front passenger door. I have taken my car thrice to resolve it 2 different service centers at chennai and none are able to identify it . This weird sound occurs only when it is driven on any damaged roads or potholes.

Last edited by Johnnny : 20th May 2019 at 11:23.
Old 20th May 2019, 11:25   #2246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Facing the same rattling issue at my front passenger door. I have taken my car thrice to resolve it 2 different service centers at chennai and none are able to identify it . This weird sound occurs only when it is driven on any damaged roads or potholes.
Get the window Glass Channel mounts checked. Mine have come loose twice (2 different doors) and it was a 10 minute job. Suggest to use Loctite when getting it tightened.
Old 22nd May 2019, 18:29   #2247
BHPian

Hey Guys! Update !

Something weird happened today morning. I cranked up the engine at 6:00 AM for the gym and everything was normal, when I started it for coming back home at 8:30 AM it failed to start in the first go and in the second it started with the check engine light glowing along with another one. I was skeptical and hence drove slowly to home, I felt the ride little jerky too however I may have been a little anxious at that moment.
Attaching a pic here ...
Now when I started it for the third time for my office ride at 10:00 AM the lights were all gone, no engine check or the other one coming up. I was anxious during the office ride & felt the ride little jerky or maybe it got into my head. However after reading few threads at TBHP regarding false alarms and my experience of Driving I shrugged it off and didnt speak to support.

I have a service coming up quickly at 1000 kms (ODO - 825 right now ) and I will be raising this concern on coming Saturday.

Did anyone else faced this issue recently ? and any suggestion or check which I may do on my own.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190522_075721.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2019, 23:27   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmbabel View Post
PDI / QC Standards of Tata Motors

Hi, Last week I took delivery of a Nexon XZA+ Petrol car (chassis number ending with 15059) with AMT Transmission from Auto Vikas Delhi. Within 2 days of delivery I got AMT Failure error twice in the car. Both the time error came when driving in bumper to bumper traffic leading to lot of chaos as the car would stall and refuse to move with the AMT failure light flashing. While driving on open roads the car is giving no problem at all.

But, sadly the joy and excitement you feel after buying a new car was replaced with chaos and tension in 20 kms flat. This is something which is impossible to correct now and which will make me regret choosing a Tata for a long long time.
Has this issue been resolved? If yes, what does TASS have to say about it?
Ram78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 11:17   #2249
Senior - BHPian

Just spotted this Nexon XE at the service center. It has an Android supporting 2 DIN system fitted after-market. Finish is not that great, but I guess the owner is enjoying his ICE experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190524_110150050.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190524_110032954.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190524_110005046.jpg  

Old 24th May 2019, 12:16   #2250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Just spotted this Nexon XE at the service center. It has an Android supporting 2 DIN system fitted after-market. Finish is not that great, but I guess the owner is enjoying his ICE experience.
Yes its quite a common sight now a days with XE and even XMs. In fact you'll find a lot of available ICE HUs for installation in XE/XM Nexons. There are truck loads of videos of those on YouTube also on a simple search.

Some also have the setup with an flip & fold display in the HU that looks quite neat compared to this.

Personally I'm not a fan of this though. It doesn't look too cool & would probably develop rattles over time. I'd rather wait a few months, save a bit more & get the trim that has a proper ICE HU in stock setup. XT/XZ/XZ+. If its a good HU, anyway it would have meant a lot of money to get and install. If its a cheap one - well then...
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks