Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 14:48   #2371
BHPian

Hill Hold Assist

While trying to understand if the HHA actually works in a Nexon AMT, I came across the following video in Youtube. The link is for Part 1. There are 4 parts which you can figure out once you start with the one below:

Last edited by ampere : 29th July 2019 at 07:39. Reason: formatted
Ram78 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 04:14   #2372
BHPian

Re: Hill Hold Assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
While trying to understand if the HHA actually works in a Nexon AMT,i came across the following video in Youtube.The link is for Part 1.
The creator of these videos is an enthusiastic and active member of Tata Nexon Tribe Community. He is on our WhatsApp group and a very helpful fellow. He guided me when I was having troubles with my Nexon's service.

Last edited by ampere : 29th July 2019 at 07:38. Reason: removed video link from quoted post
PapaKiloSierra9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 11:14   #2373
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

[/ATTACH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
It's sad seeing what happened to your vehicle. Is the car holding the whole tree or the branches are stuck on building.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Well, the tree doesn't seem to be resting on the car at all. Most probably, leaning against a building which prevented a complete fall on the car. You are lucky!
Yes, the tree was tall, some branches rested on the building for a while and acted like a spring, softened the impact, before crashing away from my XUV. The tree also caused minor damages to some windows, grills, split ACs and two bicycles that belonged to my kids.

Sad to see such a huge tree go :-(
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-pic5.jpg  

Pulse500 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 11:30   #2374
BHPian

Tank up today. Nexon XZ+ diesel. Shell bunk (700 mtrs from home). City mode, 100% city driving, average speed 15-16KMPH (to office is 20KMPH and back is about 14KMPH).
Average days between fill up 12-15 days. Range after fill up: 613KM.
Same dispenser same pump and similar time (morning 8:30 +/- 10 mins). Tyre pressure 29PSI before filling in air. Loss of 1PSI over 12 days

Total fuel:30.46
FE (MID) 18.6
FE (T2T) 14.6
Error: 4KMPL
DTE at fill up: 152KM
Trip: 446
Range before fill up: 598KM
FE as per range: 14.9
Last FE (MID): 17.5
Last FE (T2T): 14.6
Error: 2.9KMPL

The error of the MID does not stay constant, this must be unique to Nexon. However the range calculation is fairly accurate.
I have observed this across 5 tank fills, (Trip+DTE)/40.7 gives fairly accurate FE. I have no clue why but this is what I have observed.

Last fill up with 2 bars remaining I could fill 29L this time it took 30.4L

Last edited by aniyo : 24th July 2019 at 11:35.
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 14:56   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Dear members: A big Thank You ! After 4 months of study starting mid Feb, finally decided on the Nexon XZA+ AMT Petrol in grey color and took delivery of the same in June.Its a May'19 manufactured car. I express my sincere gratitude to all members.................

Looking forward to having a stress-free ride for the near future.
Have a few queries:
1) Do you think the car will be able to carry 5 adults + luggage weighing a total of approx 350 kgs. on a trip to Valparai..esp. the 40 hairpin ghat?

2) Apparently there is only one 12v plug. and i am already using it for the dashcam. However on long journeys, i use the 'Map my India' device as well. Will using a 12v splitter be a nice idea? I would require 2 plugs only during long drives over a period of max 30 days a year and hence prefer not to have any hard wiring done. If a splitter is fine, please suggest a good brand that you know.

3) Will using the Manual gear mode always cause any problem?
Old 25th July 2019, 15:27   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
Have a few queries:
1) Do you think the car will be able to carry 5 adults + luggage weighing a total of approx 350 kgs. on a trip to Valparai..esp. the 40 hairpin ghat?

2) Apparently there is only one 12v plug.

3) Will using the Manual gear mode always cause any problem?
I don't have direct experience with Nexon AMT but a lot of experience with AMT boxes, My thought (point by point):

a) No issues at all with full load and any kind of surface or roads. Please be assured that Nexon has more than enough power and torque to take care of these duties.

b) If you have XZ or XZ+ variant, why not use CarPlay or Android Auto for maps? If you fear loss of internet, you can always download offline maps on your phone. If you have a lower variant, using a slitter should not be a concern. I have used one on my Zest for 3 years without any issue. Bought it from Amazon, need to check the brand (lost it some time back).

c) Manual mode will actually be a boon on hills. You can fully control your car in manual model as it won't up shift or downshift when you don't want it to. Especially when coming downhill, it is always recommend to use manual model so that you can stay in a short gear for longer and make use of engine braking. This will help reduce extra burden from your primary brakes.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 09:26   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post

c) Manual mode will actually be a boon on hills. You can fully control your car in manual model as it won't up shift or downshift when you don't want it to. Especially when coming downhill, it is always recommend to use manual model so that you can stay in a short gear for longer and make use of engine braking. This will help reduce extra burden from your primary brakes.
I beg to differ. My personal experience with Celerio amt is not so great in manual mode in twisting ghats. I saw a transaxle failure warning lamp blinking when climbing. and some kind of burning smell intruded the cabin when coming down at speeds. All this in manual mode. Perhaps we tend to forget or the driver is simply unaware of the gear required for the kind of speeds the car is in. Remember this problem is accentuated in ghats since terrain keeps changing. Luckily I realised this soon enough and slotted the amt. I would better let amt decide the gearing, at least in ghats. My few cents.
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 09:59   #2378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
I beg to differ. My personal experience with Celerio amt is not so great in manual mode in twisting ghats. I saw a transaxle failure warning lamp blinking when climbing. and some kind of burning smell intruded the cabin when coming down at speeds. All this in manual mode. Perhaps we tend to forget or the driver is simply unaware of the gear required for the kind of speeds the car is in. Remember this problem is accentuated in ghats since terrain keeps changing. Luckily I realised this soon enough and slotted the amt. I would better let amt decide the gearing, at least in ghats. My few cents.
Considering that Indian driving licenses for LMV/above are given without transmission specification - its imperative that the person driving knows about gearing when driving. Its fine if the car is automatic. That doesn't mean its fine for the driver to not know about manual transmission usage at all. Such a person is legally allowed to drive manual transmission cars also and can be a danger to others in case he or she ventures into driving a manual car for some reason (like a medical emergency for example).

Also - manual mode certainly is far better than AMT in hills. I have 1 car each of manual and AMT (wife) and the AMT really gets confused especially on inclines. It's software is built to upshift with the RPM and speed being primary metrics. It tries to upshift early and immediately loses steam on the incline. Then it wastes further time in downshifting. Not only is it frustrating - it actually catches the driver of the vehicle behind off-guard also since they aren't anticipating the car ahead to suddenly start slowing further down on an incline.

On slopes, the AMT happily upshifts fast & takes away the important engine braking altogether. Not exactly great either.

My advise would be to learn how to use manual transmission & use manual mode of AMT in ghats. Its convenient, better for the transmission & most importantly, safer when used properly.

Last edited by Reinhard : 26th July 2019 at 10:04.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 12:52   #2379
BHPian

I've been to Kodaikanal in my AMT Nexon, just shift to Sport mode in ghats and it'll be a breeze. In sport mode rpm will never fall below 2k and car will always be in power band.
You can use manual mode as well, and it should be ok.
asethi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 21:26   #2380
Distinguished - BHPian

So I'm trying to understand exactly which all features have gone missing now that I am buying the Nexon. The details are not clearely available and showrooms are still keeping older stock for display which is not cool. Here are the features I have noticed missing so far.

1. Engine temperature gauge
2. Illumination of power window switches
3. Silver finish on steering spokes
4. Satin chrome finish of door handles and trims
5. Rear fog lamp

Shockingly 1, 2 and 5 are existing features present in my 9 year old Vista that I am actually going to miss out now. How exactly am I going to convince myself that I am upgrading? Huh Tata? Not cool, really disappointed.

I'd rather have paid 5-10k more in car price for these...

Last edited by Reinhard : 26th July 2019 at 21:36.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 13:10   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The details are not clearely available and showrooms are still keeping older stock for display which is not cool. Here are the features I have noticed missing so far.

1. Engine temperature gauge
2. Illumination of power window switches
3. Silver finish on steering spokes
4. Satin chrome finish of door handles and trims
5. Rear fog lamp
I just booked XZ+ Glasgow Grey insisting on July 2019 model, without actually looking at the refresh. I also looked at the downloadable owner's manual which states that nos. 1, 2 and 5 should be there. Feeling a little confused now.
Old 27th July 2019, 13:22   #2382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
I just booked XZ+ Glasgow Grey insisting on July 2019 model, without actually looking at the refresh. I also looked at the downloadable owner's manual which states that nos. 1, 2 and 5 should be there. Feeling a little confused now.
The brochure on Nexon website is outdated. It still shows the previous satin chrome steering and door trims, doesn't mention rear 12V socket (which is now available again) and rear cooled AC vents.

It doesn't mention illuminated power window switches or rear fog lamps. Dont confuse that with rear defogger. That's not fog lamp, its the heating element lines in rear windshield.

The features are surely removed over last 2 years in 2-3 steps. We are now seeing Tiago spec equipment and parts rather than the better and previous Zest spec parts. Simple as that.

The black trims are surely cheaper and by using same ones as Kraz edition, TML is saving by reducing variations. But at our expense.

Its okay to not include features from outset. Bit removing existing onew in broad daylight while also increasing prices - bites. Then leaving display cars and brochures with those features still present and misleading customers - bites ugly.

Last edited by Reinhard : 27th July 2019 at 13:23.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 13:33   #2383
BHPian

That's truly annoying. I thought they had a rear fog lamp in addition to rear defogger, believing the user manual. That really frustrates me on top of bitterness to explicitly telling them to order a July 2019 make vehicle while they were hell bent on providing a pre-refresh version.
Old 27th July 2019, 14:31   #2384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
That's truly annoying. I thought they had a rear fog lamp in addition to rear defogger, believing the user manual. That really frustrates me on top of bitterness to explicitly telling them to order a July 2019 make vehicle while they were hell bent on providing a pre-refresh version.
Don't worry, the rear fog lamp was lost long time ago around start of 2019. So it's not there in the pre-refresh lot either.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 23:00   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammishra View Post
I have Booked Nexon XZ+ Glasgow Grey. I am expecting it to be delivered in July 1st week because I have opted for new VIN due to recent minor changes in interior.
I Got delivery of new refresh VIN Nexon Xz+ on 18th July 2019 after lot of follow up with dealership. I have chosen Glassglow grey colour. in last 10 days I have driven car about 600 Kms and achieving fuel effieciency of 14.5 Kms in city and highway mix.

Last edited by rammishra : 28th July 2019 at 23:01. Reason: Spelling correction
rammishra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks