Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2019, 08:10   #2356
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

My already brilliant Nexon got a further shot of glamour from French Ceramic Expert Drexler which is now in India, via Esperto. Can you say the car is two years old? Rohan at Esperto is an amazing guy with staff that are so particular to getting details right. I have seen and experienced detailing shops abroad, and these guys certainly have set a high benchmark for themselves. Bangalore's 'high heeled cars' like Porsche, Ferrari, Jaguar, Audi and Mercedes, rubbed shoulders with my humble Indian Tata Nexon! Feeling really happy!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-image18.png  

Sebring is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 08:34   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My already brilliant Nexon got a further shot of glamour from French Ceramic Expert Drexler which is now in India, via Esperto. Can you say the car is two years old? Rohan at Esperto is an amazing guy with staff that are so particular to getting details right. I have seen and experienced detailing shops abroad, and these guys certainly have set a high benchmark for themselves. Bangalore's 'high heeled cars' like Porsche, Ferrari, Jaguar, Audi and Mercedes, rubbed shoulders with my humble Indian Tata Nexon! Feeling really happy!
That certainly is a looker mate! Hard to believe its two years old, must say better than new one. Would you mind sharing the price details and any idea if they are available in Hyderabad? I enquired one or two earlier, but dropped back then thought it was too early to get ceramic coating done and should wait for an year or two.
Old 21st July 2019, 08:46   #2358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Where are they located in Bangalore? Car looks amazing and what are their charges?
Old 21st July 2019, 09:53   #2359
Senior - BHPian

Drexler is located in Koramangala, Indian branded as Esperto. Fantastic location near Sony Signal. They charge a 10% premium over others, as the paint resists even hard knocks (as demonstrated by them). Will PM you the price I paid. And thanks SpideyBoy. I take great pride in maintaining my ride. They are not yet present in Hyderabad unfortunately, Bangalore being the first location
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 11:00   #2360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_b View Post
I am getting the feeling that they are trying to sell stock at hand which may be a little old.
This is very strange, wondering if Tata not following basic tenet of manufacturing - "built to order".

Quote:
I am keen on Grey as an alternative. But people at home are concerned about the safety issues of Grey colour though we avoid too much of night driving intercity / out of town
Curious: How is white better than grey in terms of safety?
Old 21st July 2019, 11:07   #2361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
This is very strange, wondering if Tata not following basic tenet of manufacturing - "built to order".

Curious: How is white better than grey in terms of safety?
White surface reflects light more. That's why lines on road or reflectors are commonly seen white in colour. A white car is more visible in dark than maybe a grey car.
Old 21st July 2019, 20:39   #2362
BHPian

I am just wondering about the long term reliability of mpfi that NexonP has, vs venue's gdi. Add to that, the turbo engine has additional parts that can break over a period of time vs naturally aspirated engine. Please, can someone pls advise?
Old 21st July 2019, 21:18   #2363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am just wondering about the long term reliability of mpfi that NexonP has, vs venue's gdi. Add to that, the turbo engine has additional parts that can break over a period of time vs naturally aspirated engine. Please, can someone pls advise?
Both MPFI and turbo engines (including petrols) have been around for many years now. So what exactly is your concern?

If turbos will have more chances of wear and tear due to additional parts, more electronics in a car would make it more prone to failures. Check the initial threads on the XUV 500 where engines have stalled and owners have found those engines cannot be attended to by roadside mechs.

So with every technological advancement, one does need to take some element of risk that that technology might sometimes fail.
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 21:24   #2364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post

So with every technological advancement, one does need to take some element of risk that that technology might sometimes fail.
Correct, that's exactly my concern. I would like to know before hand what I am signing for. Since NexonP is a mature product (2+yrs now), did anyone face any serious issues with turbo etc?
Any special precautions to be taken to enhance the life of engine assembly? TIA.
Old 21st July 2019, 22:33   #2365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correct, that's exactly my concern. I would like to know before hand what I am signing for. Since NexonP is a mature product (2+yrs now), did anyone face any serious issues with turbo etc?
Any special precautions to be taken to enhance the life of engine assembly? TIA.
Best would be to go through the threads on the niggles and find out what is more prone to failure.

Other general precautions to maintain the engine in good condition are already mentioned many times: follow the owner's manual.

Tatas have seldom gone wrong with engines. Even the Nano had a strong engine, as far as longevity is concerned.
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 21:14   #2366
BHPian

So I bit the bullet and brought home a SUV (Jacked up Hatch). It's a looker and does go well. Came for a trip right after delivery and puja and now around the beaches of Goa and hopefully will clock 1000kms tomorrow.

Question.
I used to rent the Nexon XMA from zoomcar and they used to come with speed sensitive door locks, though I bought the XZA+ this seems to be missing. I have to manually lock the car.

The rear fog light is a blank even on the top model ??
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190719_190350.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2019, 22:29   #2367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post

Question.
I used to rent the Nexon XMA from zoomcar and they used to come with speed sensitive door locks, though I bought the XZA+ this seems to be missing. I have to manually lock the car.
There is an option in the settings of the HUD. Under vehicle settings. You have to switch it 'On'. If not ask your SA to update software during 1st service.
Congratulations on this lovely steed!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 22:32   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
There is an option in the settings of the HUD. Under vehicle settings. You have to switch it 'On'. If not ask your SA to update software during 1st service.
Congratulations on this lovely steed!
Thank you Dr.Suraj. in the 2019 model there's a separate switch on the center console. And my S/w is dated as Nov 2018.
Old 23rd July 2019, 13:47   #2369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
Thanks for the confirmation!

Just heard back from the dealer. He acknowledged that the car is April manufactured. First he got a piece of my mind that while giving the test drive he sold the new features to us and then delivering a pre update car. But you know how the SA's are thick skinned. Anyway, he said the June/July manufactured model will be delivered 10 days after the intlitially proposed delivery date ( 19th July). When I asked him why the delay, he said "Tata is clearing off the old stock so everyone is getting pre update models and the June manufactured models will only start arriving next week."
I think he's bluffing again, can anyone confirm if they got the post update models recently?

Thanks
Familyguy
Hi

Regarding this issue, we want to escalate it to Tata, is there any contact details( email id) that we can mark it to?

Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 14:05   #2370
BHPian

Dear members: A big Thank You ! After 4 months of study starting mid Feb, finally decided on the Nexon XZA+ AMT Petrol in grey color and took delivery of the same in June.Its a May'19 manufactured car. I express my sincere gratitude to all members who have commented in this thread as well as bhp’ians AYP,ani_meher,DPetrolHead,Mu009,greendream,Lathees h,nirmaljustdoit,sumeethaldankar, Simhi and others for their advice in the 'What Car' thread.

Price: The final price was 11.15 lakhs.I got some cash and corporate discount and was helped with my car being invoiced at the old rates. It was I believe sometime in the 2nd week of June that the prices were increased. I booked mine just a couple of days after the price increase but got it invoiced at the old prices thus saving quite an amount. Bought the extended 2 year warranty as well which was an extra.

Criteria: A lot of time and effort was spent in the decision which was taken based on the following criteria : Safety,Budget,Looks,Space,Dimension,Ground,clearan ce,Ride,comfort,ASS,Mileage and Family acceptance. Resale value was not a consideration as the car is planned to be kept till it dies.Cars under close consideration were Nexon,Yaris,Ecosport Trend+ (the model got discontinued when i went to book it !), Verna and Aspire.Every car ticked some or most of the criteria but not all and that added to the complexity. I should say availability of options has only increased the complexity in decision making.

Scores: In the figure below,I have listed the cars I explored and have given scores for the criteria mentioned above. It is purely personal based on my limited knowledge and please ignore the scores if it does not match yours. Safety has been accorded a weighting of 3 while everything else is a 1.Cars that I felt do not score for Safety were dropped. Else I would have bought either the Duster or Ertiga. You see Duster scores on all areas except on safety and ASS.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon.jpg

Showroom experience:Of the showrooms I visited, I found Ford and Hyundai’s to be best across all their branches. The guys there were the most professional, make you feel important and i actually felt bad that I did not buy from them! I will recommend them any day. Tata’s were all across the place. One showroom had a pathetic saleswoman, another had a good salesman but a manager who is one reason Tata’s have got their ill-reputation and the third Venkataramana Motors:Kushaiguda from whom I had bought the car had sales reps who were actually very good. The ambience of the showroom however needs to be improved.

Tata Showroom and buying experience:One Tata showroom said there is absolutely no discount.It was like you buy it or drop it and they had the gall to ask me when I would be purchasing the car from Their showroom !! The second showroom offered a good discount and then tried to pull a fast one on me when I went for the final negotiation. Venkataramana Motors, which was last in my list of considerations surprisingly, turned out to be very professional. Stating this not because I got a decent discount but because they treated me as a customer should be. They even followed up with me post-delivery and are still in touch. It helps that the showroom as well as service centre is just 6 kms. from my place.l

If any of you guys are also in the car-hunting process, if it helps I’l be happy to provide my experience with each of the 15+ showrooms in Hyderabad who had the privilege of hosting me

ASS : As for service,I had an Indica-Xeta petrol 10 years back and had a good ASS experience. Hoping it will be the same now.My car will be going in for the 1st service in a weeks’s time having run 850 odd kms.as of date.

Accesorises fitted: Team bhp stickers

Pros:
The car is wonderful on all criteria mentioned above and members in the forum have already extolled how good it is. Hence, I’m not delving into it any further. In fact even my family who were very skeptical during purchase have now started appreciating the choice. Not that they have a choice now.

Cons:
Upshift of gears is slow. It takes ages to shift from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3. So bad that I constantly use the manual shift.

There is certainly the head-nod movement but I guess it’s a AMT feature and I knew it while purchasing. This movement however is not as bad as it is in my Wagon R AMT.Actually,once you accept the same,you get used to it and does not become a pain !

Whoever said that there is minimal noise filtering into the cabin either is lying or I have been given a faulty car which I don’t think is the case. It does not sound to be a noiseless petrol car. Nowhere in the league of Suzuki’s.

The mileage on the trip meter varies anywhere between 9 and 10.This is in light Hyderabad traffic and I expected the figures to be much higher. There are posts which say that the reading generally is bumped up by 1 to 1.5 kmpl. Does that then mean that the mileage is between 8 and 9 !!

As for the cons,probably my expectations were high. But as of now,no complaints on the purchase.

Looking forward to having a stress-free ride for the near future.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th July 2019 at 07:35. Reason: Extra smiley deleted
Ram78 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks