Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2019, 09:34   #2296
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Dear BHPians....I own 2009 Vista safire petrol. I am looking to upgrade to Nexon Petrol XZ+. Can some one tell me if it is right decision or I should see other options available? How is Nexon Petrol doing after nearing 2 years on road.

I have done test drive of venue and Nexon petrol. Venue did not inspire in terms of interior space and interiors did not inspire much.

Is XZ+ variant right choice? I am delhi based.
rammishra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 13:58   #2297
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon updated with new features

Source Article

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tatanexonfeatureupdate1768x583.jpeg

Quote:
Tata Nexon, sub compact crossover SUV in India has come in with some new designs and features which the company has introduced in view of feedback received from customers. Tata Nexon feature update is offered on select variants and in both petrol and diesel engine options.

Variant-wise Tata Nexon feature update is as follows – Tata Nexon XZ+ and XZA+ receive new rear power outlets positioned behind the rear seat while door trim finisher colours are updated from Satin Chrome to Piano Black glossy finish. The XT, XZ, XZ+ and XZA+ receive new roof rails. These variants also see the rear AC vents being upgraded to rear AC vents with cooled AC air flow. Air flow adjustable knob has been done away with while the air flow on AC vents can now be adjusted via front controls.

Tata Nexon feature update also introduces changes to non touchscreen infotainment system in terms of aesthetic improvements to screen front on the XM, XMA and XT trims while the antenna length has also been increased. These trims along with the XZ trim also gets a dashboard mid pad colour upgrade with the colour changed from Silver to a Warn Grey with a glossy finish.

Tata Motors has also introduced the gear shift lever knob and central console finisher with a new colour scheme changed from an earlier Silver color to Piano Black glossy finish. The AC control panel also receives a new colour around the AC knobs changed from Granite Black matte finish to Piano Black glossy finish as is also seen on the higher trims.

Earlier this month, Tata Motors has also introduce an updated price list with models such as the Tata Bolt, Zest, Hexa, Storme, and Nexon being made costlier by Rs.10,000. The Tata Harrier also sees a price increase by Rs.30,000.
AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 14:49   #2298
BHPian

I would have love the ac vents and rear charging socket in my car...got xz+ just 2.5 months back
I wonder if this can be fitted in the existing model
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 16:04   #2299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
I would have love the ac vents and rear charging socket in my car...got xz+ just 2.5 months back
I wonder if this can be fitted in the existing model
Same thoughts, these two are key features I will miss. Hope TATA finds a way to retrofit.
Old 22nd June 2019, 17:59   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Same thoughts, these two are key features I will miss. Hope TATA finds a way to retrofit.
I think these features are back. Please check the rushlane site, even the white strip had been changed to glossy black

Last edited by sanjbmw2001 : 22nd June 2019 at 18:02. Reason: Repeat information.
Old 22nd June 2019, 18:50   #2301
BHPian

With the new features xz+ diesel in Bangalore is 10.15L ex-showroom. When I bought it was 9.9 this 25k hike will lead to 50k hike on road price owing to change in tax slab and TCS.
Tax on less than 10L is 14% and above 10L is 17%. That’s straight 30k extra in taxes and 10k in TCS. With lesser discounts than March we will pay quite a lot more
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 19:05   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
I think these features are back. Please check the rushlane site, even the white strip had been changed to glossy black
They are, but we need them in the cars we recently purchased.

@aniyo
Did the prices go up with these changes? Or are you referring to an earlier increase?

P.S. just got info from dealer the price went up by 10k mid June

Last edited by Glass : 22nd June 2019 at 19:13.
Old 22nd June 2019, 19:19   #2303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
@aniyo
Did the prices go up with these changes? Or are you referring to an earlier increase?

P.S. just got info from dealer the price went up by 10k mid June
Price increase I mentioned is from June. In April they had hiked by 4-5k and now they seem to have hiked 20k since then. That’s 25k hike since March 31. And about 40k hike since January 2019.
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 08:04   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Yes there is official circular to all dealerships mentioning VIN number series for variants. Starting these VIN numbers new changes will be applicable

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd June 2019 at 19:54. Reason: Changed quoted post.
Old 23rd June 2019, 08:43   #2305
BHPian

Just completed my 3rd free service at Concorde motors, Dairy circle, Bangalore. I was charged Rs.65 (adhesive tape) for a consumable that was used. All the other service tasks for 3rd service were done including a wiper fluid tank replacement that was part of a recall, and ICE update.

The experience was good just as the previous two times, but this time I noticed a couple of interesting things:
1. The final cleaning before handing over was done with two people overseeing it. The car was spick and span and they had done an excellent job
2. I was given a surprise gift - car freshener spray, wipes and face tissue.

Clearly they're trying hard to change their previous image.

First drive impressions - a definite change in the 1st to 2nd gear transition. Felt a lot smoother than before and in traffic I did not feel the gear shift a lot of the times.
teknicsand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 21:42   #2306
Senior - BHPian

Finally brought home my Nexon XZ+. First and foremost thing (even before Pooja ) did was Tyre change, opted for Michelin Primacy 4, Thanks to Sebring and Badboyscad. Ride quality is amazing.
Among the first things to do on the list were 1.Seat covers and Carpet from Top Gear, 2. Film (CR70 & RE50), Paint treatment and Roof Wrap also from 3M (partially done). Few minor add-ons were Door Visor, Scuff plates and Reflector Lights. Next on the list are Alloys (if budget permits).
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190622_132744__01.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190621_155948.jpg  

agspins is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 22:05   #2307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Finally brought home my Nexon XZ+. First and foremost thing (even before Pooja ) did was Tyre change, opted for Michelin Primacy 4, Thanks to Sebring and Badboyscad. Ride quality is amazing.
Congrats, @agspins. Wishing you a long happy ownership of the Nexon. The sequence you have shared is what I had done with my Storme - delivery, diesel, ditch the OE Bridgestones for Michelin's - and then the Pooja at the temple

Did you get your seat covers yet ? One suggestion: fabric or leather, please. Art leather heats up. Even if the fabric gets worn out in 3 years, you get a refresh - and a differnt looking interior
condor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 22:11   #2308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Did you get your seat covers yet ? One suggestion: fabric or leather, please. Art leather heats up. Even if the fabric gets worn out in 3 years, you get a refresh - and a differnt looking interior
Yep got the seat covers, they are high quality art leather. Art leather heats up a lot, based on earlier experience (a Good One) opted for Art leather from same Seat cover brand.
agspins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 08:27   #2309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Oh man, My XZA+ is getting ready for this week delivery, guess i might miss this feature, should have delayed my purchase. Need to check the status of my company car lease, if its possible to postpone.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 17:19   #2310
BHPian

Can anyone confirm whether the Nexon gets dual blade wipers for the windshield? I was watching Faisal Khan's overview of the Nexon and he mentioned it being one of the few cars in this price bracket to have dual blade wipers, but couldn't find any mention of it in the TeamBHP review.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks