Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2019, 14:50   #2221
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
When I gave the car for service, ODO was 1414 and wehn returned it was 1420. 6KM is a bit too much for testing. I did not like this.
Should be Ok, I think. If it was Hosur Road - then the U-turns needed are quite apart. Dairy Circle - again, work going on @ Hosur road intersection, means detours. Mysore Road ? Again, distances. It could also be 2 drives = 3 km each = 1.5 km each way. But more than the distance, the Fuel. You could raise that as an issue.

Last edited by condor : 5th May 2019 at 14:52.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 11:49   #2222
BHPian

Hey Guys,

My Nexon White XZ diesel will be coming Home tomorrow at Akshay Tritiya, Registration process will be done in few days. I will be posting my experience here with some pictures.
I have a doubt, when I went for a inspection of the car yesterday I found that ODO was at 138 km. Is that normal? the sales guy told me they had to drive the car form the plant in rajnangaon as done with all Nexons in Pune. anyone from Pune can you confirm this ?
Old 6th May 2019, 13:27   #2223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
Hey Guys,

My Nexon White XZ diesel will be coming Home tomorrow at Akshay Tritiya, Registration process will be done in few days. I will be posting my experience here with some pictures.
I have a doubt, when I went for a inspection of the car yesterday I found that ODO was at 138 km. Is that normal? the sales guy told me they had to drive the car form the plant in rajnangaon as done with all Nexons in Pune. anyone from Pune can you confirm this ?
This practice definitely exists for certain locations but i am not sure about your location. One quick check that you can do is, examine multiple vehicles in the dealer yard and they should tell a common story. If not, you know what to do.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 13:31   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Yes. 138 kms is quite a lot for a new car. However, check the other cars and verify if they have the same range.
I remember in the past cars were driven down from the cities to the smaller towns. My dads Tata estate had 1800 kms on the odo when we bought it
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 13:36   #2225
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Congrats on your purchase.
Couple of points, 1. 138 KM looks quite high. From Ranjangaon, Pune is about 50 odd KM. Not sure why it is 138KM. Do check the FE if it shows too low car may have been driven rashly. My Nexon had 8KM on the ODO and I took delivery at dealer yard and not in the showroom.
2. Ask them to activate the speed sensing door and check that, mine is still not activated.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 14:11   #2226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,
138 is high. Do a proper check once again before taking delivery. Do not sign any papers without checking.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 14:27   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
This practice definitely exists for certain locations but i am not sure about your location. One quick check that you can do is, examine multiple vehicles in the dealer yard and they should tell a common story. If not, you know what to do.
Yes I will do that today. Since the lcoation is around 60 kms from Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Yes. 138 kms is quite a lot for a new car. However, check the other cars and verify if they have the same range.
I remember in the past cars were driven down from the cities to the smaller towns. My dads Tata estate had 1800 kms on the odo when we bought it
Thank You

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase.
Couple of points, 1. 138 KM looks quite high. From Ranjangaon, Pune is about 50 odd KM. Not sure why it is 138KM. Do check the FE if it shows too low car may have been driven rashly. My Nexon had 8KM on the ODO and I took delivery at dealer yard and not in the showroom.
2. Ask them to activate the speed sensing door and check that, mine is still not activated.
Thanks for the advice I will make sure I check both the points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
138 is high. Do a proper check once again before taking delivery. Do not sign any papers without checking.
What should I do from here ? since you know it will be heart breaking to cancel from here. should i ask them to change the vehicle now ?

Apologies for multi post as I couldnt find a edit button.
Just got off phone with the SA he says there is nothing wrong with the vehicle and they can give in writing (I dont know what they will write ). He said it had to be driven to the yard and then back to showroom hence extra kms. the VIN that he shared is below : MAT627163KLD18753
When Decoded it says April Manufacture car which I dont doubt.
He also said I can TD the car first I like. I am not sure I would find anything in the TD.
This is a dilemma now

Last edited by ajmat : 6th May 2019 at 16:15.
Old 6th May 2019, 15:29   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
Apologies for multi post as I couldnt find a edit button.
Just got off phone with the SA he says there is nothing wrong with the vehicle and they can give in writing (I dont know what they will write ). He said it had to be driven to the yard and then back to showroom hence extra kms. the VIN that he shared is below : MAT627163KLD18753
When Decoded it says April Manufacture car which I dont doubt.
He also said I can TD the car first I like. I am not sure I would find anything in the TD.
This is a dilemma now
From where I see, it was more of providing TD to some prospective customer than driving to Yard and Back.
I would suggest that you negotiate and ask them to provide P2P plan free or at discount as a goodwill gesture.Take for the whole 60K KM plan. And take the extended warranty if you have not done already.

P2P covers basic like brake pad, clutch plate, bushes and few more consumables. Should give some peace.
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 15:54   #2229
BHPian

Quote:
From where I see, it was more of providing TD to some prospective customer than driving to Yard and Back.
I would suggest that you negotiate and ask them to provide P2P plan free or at discount as a goodwill gesture.Take for the whole 60K KM plan. And take the extended warranty if you have not done already.

P2P covers basic like brake pad, clutch plate, bushes and few more consumables. Should give some peace.
Got the P2P plan as suggested (took extended warranty earlier) and going ahead with the selected car. Fingers crossed! I cant wait another 10 days to get the beast home
Thank you for your comments and advice.

Last edited by ShivrajG : 6th May 2019 at 15:55. Reason: missed mentioning extended warranty
ShivrajG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 17:41   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Is this the speed sensing door lock?
I thought this feature is now deleted?
Old 6th May 2019, 18:04   #2231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Is this the speed sensing door lock?
I thought this feature is now deleted?
Even I thought so. But the service center people say it can be activated. I feel they are bluffing but once they have told I will eat their head.
Old 6th May 2019, 20:09   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
... Since the lcoation is around 60 kms from Pune.
Even my car's ODO was at 132 kms and when I checked 3-4 other Nexons at the dealer yard, all of them had clocked somewhere between 110-140. So, I am assuming it's a standard practice.

That said, as other members pointed out, do a thorough PDI before taking delivery. Also, push the dealer for a daytime delivery as after 4-5 PM, not only will it be difficult for you, but the dealer-folk will also try and rush you.
Old 6th May 2019, 20:57   #2233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmbabel View Post
PDI / QC Standards of Tata Motors

But, sadly the joy and excitement you feel after buying a new car was replaced with chaos and tension in 20 kms flat. This is something which is impossible to correct now and which will make me regret choosing a Tata for a long long time.
Hi itsmbabel, I understand what you might be going through. When you buy a car,apart from the money a lot of feelings are involved. Tell me, if the same happened if you purchased an Ecosport or a Brezza, would you have experienced the same regret?

In 2008,i bought the ever reliable Maruti 800.Oh! in the silver colour and special edition accessories, for me nothing could beat it. And the next morning...day after the delivery, I was driving to office through MG Road in Bangalore like a prince when, right in the middle of traffic the car stopped and refused to start. Had to bring in the road side assistance guys.And this was Maruti's most reliable vehicle.. or atleast I thought so.

My cousin bought the Renault Duster. 3 months into his ownership and the fuel injectors failed or that's what was told to us. The Renault ASS guys had no clue on what happened. After a week of experiments, they flew in someone from their Chennai plant. Post repair it seems it served him like a dream.

My extended family has an Innova Crysta and they are facing an issue of rattling from the dash board from day one!! Still the car has served them well.

Moral of the story is that such things can happen to a car of any manufacturer..including Maruti and Toyota! I'm not a fan of Tata but thought il put in a few words because i went through a similar situation and had the same misplaced feelings.

From the posts in this community, Nexon is a wonderful car.Drove it for 150+ kms last week through Zoom Car and really loved it. Felt planted and had a feeling of security. Might even be my next car. Such glitches do happen.. and im speaking from experience. But post correction, am sure you will start loving the car.

And if it might comfort you, my first car was an Indica Xeta and the support i received from TASS (2008-2013) was second to none.. including Toyota.

Last edited by Ram78 : 6th May 2019 at 21:03. Reason: Grammatical correction
Ram78 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 20:37   #2234
Senior - BHPian

A few weeks back my 'Mini-Landie' completed 22,500 Kms. Of late, a lot of official travel meant very little time spent driving this wonderful machine. So I return and found the central locking malfunctioning. The rear left door wasn't locking at all. So off I went to Concorde Dairy Circle, and the problem seems to be a known one. Many Nexonites have told me of this failure. Without a murmur, the part was replaced under warranty. This is the first component failure I have had in the 'one and a half years' with the beast. I return home and parked the car. A day later, I use the key fob to unlock and there was no response at all. I suspected the battery to be down, and so-called road-side assistance. They arrived in 40 minutes and told me the car isn't interacting with the 'smart key'. They took a few minutes to identify the issue and restart the car. So the issue is fixed for now, but the car refuses to identify the spare key (second set). Another visit to Concorde is due.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_8331.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 12:21   #2235
BHPian

Brute comes home!

Hello Everyone thanks to your advice and posts about the Tata Nexon I present to you "The Brute" newest member in our family.

I will soon be posting my ownership & Delivery Experience with some good pictures.
Some details below:
Model: Tata Nexon XZ Diesel
OTR with Ex and RTO: Rs. 1034191 (after discounts)
Insurance: Yet to finalize on (Quote: Rs. 29151)
Accessories: Seat Covers, Floor lamination Mat & Body Cover (Rs. 11000)
Warranty: Extended to 4 years or 1L Kms. (Rs. 9000 App)
Free Accessories: Floor Mats, Front and back bumper protector, Mud flaps(pending installation), rain visor (pending installation)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190507wa0013.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190507wa0014.jpg  

Last edited by ShivrajG : 8th May 2019 at 12:32. Reason: forgot to add insurance and extended warranty costs
ShivrajG is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks