Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2019, 14:19   #2281
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Looks like June pricing is out today and the offers are same as May. Is anyone hearing anything different?

I am canceling my Venue SX(O) D booking and picking up my Nexon XZA+ D
Can you let me know what offers? i will also be booking XZA+ D as 2nd car.

Already have City Torque Converter Petrol AT. So test drove Breeza AMT, Ecosport AT, Polo GT TSI, Venue DCT, finalized on Nexon XZA+ D for 2nd car.

Ecosport, Polo, Venue did not feel anything better than my City AT. All the 3 had mileage lower than my city, and Venue DCT showing around 7kmpl My City AT gives 9-10 kmpl in Bangalore and 16-19 kmpl in highways. Power and pick-up did not feel big difference to my city, polo was bit superior and venue was sluggish. So it did not make a case for me to get another petrol AT car with lower mileage and similar drive-ability. 2nd car as diesel would make sense for long drives.

So it came to Brezza AMT vs Nexon AMT D, interior and exterior looks made me choose Nexon.
shamanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 18:40   #2282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
It will be very interesting to know what sealed the deal in favour of Nexon?
I evaluated a number of options to decide on Nexon. I held off the final decision waiting for Venue to arrive (booked SX(O) D too) and checked it out before signing the dotted line.

Family just felt Venue was way too claustrophobic and the dash jutted in much at front. Comparison with my current super spacious Ford Fusion+ did not do the Venue any favor either. I am not sure if the squeeze was real or perceived but it was a show stopper in the final analysis. That said, I liked Venue for its exterior and the extra features, but interior comfort and roomy feel was much miles ahead in the Nexon. Plus I get an AMT which I found decent and also tried on slopes to confirm it works as expected. Nexon has a more powerful engine too but I wish they did not skimp on some basics though.

Among the others I considered, XUV300 had show stoppers in low GC and low boot space; Ecosport was way too similar to my Fusion+ that will remain, Harrier was too big for some of my lanes, Creta seems to have a high Rs/feature rate just with the extra 27cm, Brezza was too bland and tinny, S-Cross had a small Diesel engine and looked too close to a Brezza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Can you let me know what offers? i will also be booking XZA+ D as 2nd car.
Today's newspapers mention 55k, which I understand is the same as last month.
I believe the exchange bonus of 25k within that in general is bogus (as in any car offer), with them offering a ridiculous price for the old car and then adding an imaginary bonus. But the cash discount, corporate discount and free accessories are available.
Glass is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 06:08   #2283
Senior - BHPian

So my dear DIY enthusiast friend Malwett Lobo is at it again, turning his basic XM to XM+ . More power to him, as not many people can afford the highest trims and 'MalBro' not only brings in the best tech, he makes it better than the top variant! Here, he has added turn indicator matrix and sequential, a la Audi. If you wish to contact him for details please leave him a message, he answers every query patiently.

Sebring is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 14:58   #2284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
So my dear DIY enthusiast friend Malwett Lobo is at it again, turning his basic XM to XM+ . More power to him, as not many people can afford the highest trims and 'MalBro' not only brings in the best tech, he makes it better than the top variant! Here, he has added turn indicator matrix and sequential, a la Audi. If you wish to contact him for details please leave him a message, he answers every query patiently.

Hey, just last week i got delivery of the same DRLs. I was planning to install them using a fuse tap. But after seeing your friend's video, I have asked him to share his power source(ACC fuse slot number).
badboyscad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 09:00   #2285
Senior - BHPian

I'd changed over to Michelin Primacy very early on and after 25,000 Kms, I can confidently say this is the best upgrade that I would recommend for your cars. When I'm in the other Nexons, that my friends own, the road noise is very high (GY and BS, both) compared to the plush ride that these shoes offer
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7921.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 10:51   #2286
BHPian

Got home my Nexon XZA+ Diesel White DT a few days back.

All good and no niggles so far - happy with the decision.

The AMT needs a little getting used to but it wasn't hard to adapt to drive an AMT and a Manual interchangeably.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-glassnexon1.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-glassnexon2.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th June 2019 at 19:31. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Glass is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 21:20   #2287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Go for Michelin Primacy 4. They are a bit pricey but well worth the comfort and handling compared to stock Goodyear tires.
Quote:
I'd changed over to Michelin Primacy very early on and after 25,000 Kms, I can confidently say this is the best upgrade that I would recommend for your cars. When I'm in the other Nexons, that my friends own, the road noise is very high (GY and BS, both) compared to the plush ride that these shoes offer
@badboyscad Thanks
@Sebring How Michelin's fare on rough and unpaved roads?

Quote:
Hi, is there any sense from the dealer on whether June will have extra discounts?

I have booked my XZA+ DT D and the car would be available in the first week of June - evaluating whether wait for the billing.
Corporate discounts have received a cut of Rs.500/-, Now they are bought down to Rs.2500/-.

Quote:
Looks like June pricing is out today and the offers are same as May. Is anyone hearing anything different?

I am canceling my Venue SX(O) D booking and picking up my Nexon XZA+ D
I too test drove Venue before booking my XZ+, Claustrophobic interiors & space were the major deterrents.

Quote:
Got home my Nexon XZA+ Diesel White DT a few days back.

All good and no niggles so far - happy with the decision.

The AMT needs a little getting used to but it wasn't hard to adapt to drive an AMT and a Manual interchangeably.

Congratulations, Any aftermarket add-on's planned ?
Old 10th June 2019, 22:06   #2288
Senior - BHPian

While it does take the rough with the smooth, the tyres are quiet cos its a soft compound. That's the basic character of these Michelins. I have extensive experience with XM1 and XM2, and can say they are not as fragile as those, so the respect!! Nexon is a city slicker and so are these tyres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
@Sebring How Michelin's fare on rough and unpaved roads?
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 22:28   #2289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pics are now showing in the earlier post. Posting again.
Awesome! Congrats to you! Did you let go of your Fusion + D?
Old 10th June 2019, 23:26   #2290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Corporate discounts have received a cut of Rs.500/-, Now they are bought down to Rs.2500/-.

Congratulations, Any aftermarket add-on's planned ?
Thank you.
I think June has good discounts too. I read of an extra gold coin in the papers today!

Planning on a dashcam and a rear cabin light.
Got all the regular accessories - mats, mud flaps, seat covers, bumper protectors etc. from the dealer itself. I found the lights quite adequate.
So not really a lot to add on

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Awesome! Congrats to you! Did you let go of your Fusion + D?
Hello sir, hope you are doing well.
No, after a lot of back and forth, I let my 2014 Nano Twist XT go instead :(
The Fusion+ D stays as it completes its 11th year at 1.73L km - just got it a new windshield (with some scratches from wipers & rough cleaning causing some glare) and a new battery. Planning on some minor touch ups to make it brand new again.

Last edited by Glass : 10th June 2019 at 23:27.
Glass is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 10:10   #2291
BHPian

A question to all Nexon Diesel owners. What is the FE you are getting, T2T.
Today I filled up at shell and as per calculation FE shows 13.91, this is the lowest I have ever got. The MID showed 17.3, that's a whopping 20% error. In the last tank full the error rate was about 13% (MID 21.6, T2T 18.9) and before that the error rate was 15%.
Heck the even the error rate is not consistent with Tata. Is it only my car or anyone also facing the same.
I use Drivo app to log refilling details. As per that my FE till date across all fill up is 16.02 KMPL (ODO 3200, Highway 1000, City 2200). Highway speeds 110-120 (avg speed about 70KMPH for whole journey)

The error rate seems to fluctuate from 2.8-3.2 KMPL. My Brio has a standard error rate of 0.7-0.8 KMPL from the MID. This is reasonable. Tata error is pathetic

In city my time taken to reach office is 1 hr 5 mins to 1 hr 20 mins. General speed is 13.5-14 KMPH over a distance of 17KM one way to office.

Last edited by aniyo : 12th June 2019 at 10:37. Reason: additional details
Old 12th June 2019, 12:02   #2292
Senior - BHPian

Hi, when I bought the vehicle highway T2T stood at an amazing 24 KMPL. The city mileage was 18 KMPl. Every subsequent service and ECU updation has actually brought the mileage down to 14.5 KMPL in City - presently . The highway should be 17-18 (havent done it lately). There is a mid-variation of 3-4 KMPL, from T2T - as you're aware. Also, Cleaning the air filter brings out better mileage, always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
What is the FE you are getting
Old 13th June 2019, 07:49   #2293
BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/IUc9s6y3OGQ
That’s actually one of the best implementations of aftermarket DRLs that I have seen. It doesn’t look aftermarket.
Old 16th June 2019, 23:30   #2294
BHPian

Installed a Kicker Hideaway Underseat subwoofer on my Nexon XZ+. Pics posted on the below thread. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4605262 (Underseat Subwoofers)
So far, it is very good.
knaveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 12:44   #2295
BHPian

Got a forward of Nexon which gets recovered from a ditch.
arungeorge is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks