Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2018, 15:49   #1546
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
My friend who bought a top spec Diesel Single Tone Nexon faced a serious issue just around first service point that made him park the car and have it towed.

It appears to be a one off. HL (whatever that maybe) Pipe was broken and sucked into the engine.

First time TATA Nexon faced this issue. The entire engine was replaced under warranty though they could have done a partial repair. Car was out of service for 15 days.
You might want to blank out the personal details and chassis number on the attachment for security reasons.
ananthacharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 12:17   #1547
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Picked Nexon Petrol AMT XZA+. Done around 150 kms. Will start an thread soon.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180726wa0016.jpg
v&v is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 12:38   #1548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post

Forwarded message received on WhatsApp from trustworthy sources:
Horrible decisions to say the least. Penny wise & pound foolish indeed. Those dual tone wheel covers were the best in business I dare say. No other car comes with such great wheel covers. Why on earth are they deleting them? Also which customer would provide feedback that they want single tone wheel cover in place of the beautiful dual tone? This clearly is cost cutting sugarcoated in the name of customer feedback. Ditto for rear power sockets. Why would any customer provide feedback to delete them?

Has the success gone to Tata’s head? They did similar things with boot lamp & parcel shelf strings for Tiago.
Old 26th July 2018, 14:34   #1549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Picked Nexon Petrol AMT XZA+. Done around 150 kms. Will start an thread soon.

Attachment 1784215
Congrats v&v, hows the driveability of the petrol motor with AMT, though I have not test driven this but heard it be sluggish? Mainly in traffic crawl and highway overtaking (not sure if in 150 kms you have taken to highway )
Old 27th July 2018, 08:43   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats v&v, hows the driveability of the petrol motor with AMT, though I have not test driven this but heard it be sluggish? Mainly in traffic crawl and highway overtaking (not sure if in 150 kms you have taken to highway )
It's my 2nd month with my XZA+ (P) and I find it's getting better. That's because I'm learning more about the AMT as days go by - how to modulate the brake and how light or heavy the accelerator input should be under different scenarios.

At most times, a featherlight touch on the accelerator is all you need for city driving. I barely feel the gear shifts in this mode of driving.

If you want a quick burst of speed, which I haven't done much since my daily commute is stop and go traffic, this AMT has a kickdown mode which is activated on a sharp increase in accelerator input.

Where the AMT feels sluggish is when for example you slow down gradually for a speed breaker, and the gear downshift to 1st gear and you've crossed the hump and want to accelerate again, it takes a second to pick up speed with normal accelerator input.

Creep function is interesting and useful in bumper to bumper scenarios, but if you use the break to modulate the speed to crawl a few inches each time, it feels juddery and jerky. What I do now instead is, wait for the gap in front of me to increase from 1+ feet to 6+ feet and then let go of the brake. This makes it much smoother.

So I think at the end of the day, you have to learn how the machine works and use it accordingly.
teknicsand is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 08:51   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
Where the AMT feels sluggish is when for example you slow down gradually for a speed breaker, and the gear downshift to 1st gear and you've crossed the hump and want to accelerate again, it takes a second to pick up speed with normal accelerator input.

Creep function is interesting and useful in bumper to bumper scenarios, but if you use the break to modulate the speed to crawl a few inches each time, it feels juddery and jerky. What I do now instead is, wait for the gap in front of me to increase from 1+ feet to 6+ feet and then let go of the brake. This makes it much smoother.

So I think at the end of the day, you have to learn how the machine works and use it accordingly.
Good analysis and learning work done.

I think both the examples you quoted [speed hump and b2b traffic situations] are similar or probably, "same", I would say.
This experience might become an irritating factor for a few who are not used to it. At times, I too face this kind of irritant with my City CVT even after using it for 2+ years now.
Essentially, the sluggish nature of a vehicle changes our attitude which is a good thing. Its like an "Anger/Temper management" session for few of us

Net-net - we are avoiding the B2B situation in a typical B2B situation

Prem.
Old 27th July 2018, 12:25   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's my 2nd month with my XZA+ (P) and I find it's getting better. That's because I'm learning more about the AMT as days go by - how to modulate the brake and how light or heavy the accelerator input should be under different scenarios.

At most times, a featherlight touch on the accelerator is all you need for city driving. I barely feel the gear shifts in this mode of driving.

If you want a quick burst of speed, which I haven't done much since my daily commute is stop and go traffic, this AMT has a kickdown mode which is activated on a sharp increase in accelerator input.

Thanks for your observations and experience helps a lot. I currently drive a conventional i10 AT and that one is a breeze to drive in city without much jerks or juddering in B2B traffic. I can creep almost inches away from the bumper of the other car in Blr traffic. In Nexon AMT I guess that would not be possible unless I have mastered the AMT.

How is the experience on the highway, if you have taken the car to NICE road and tried to overtake those slow moving trucks.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 12:43   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Thanks for your observations and experience helps a lot. I currently drive a conventional i10 AT and that one is a breeze to drive in city without much jerks or juddering in B2B traffic. I can creep almost inches away from the bumper of the other car in Blr traffic. In Nexon AMT I guess that would not be possible unless I have mastered the AMT.

How is the experience on the highway, if you have taken the car to NICE road and tried to overtake those slow moving trucks.
I've been driving a Hyundai CRDI for more than 10 years as a city car. I had to learn to drive with the turbo lag which was significant on my Accent Viva and relatively lesser or the 2012 i20. But the frequent gear shift had become a norm, although the torque made up for it

I suppose the same will happen with the AMT.

No highway runs yet, hopefully soon. This is meant to be primarily for city use though, so I don't forsee too many long drives on this.
Old 27th July 2018, 13:33   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
I believe the same AMT gearbox is used in Tiago. Tiago feels little jerky while driving. Is the jerkiness of same level in Nexon or it is smoother, considering it to be pricier than Tiago ?
Thanks.
Old 27th July 2018, 13:59   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishrap View Post
Hello,
I believe the same AMT gearbox is used in Tiago. Tiago feels little jerky while driving. Is the jerkiness of same level in Nexon or it is smoother, considering it to be pricier than Tiago ?
Thanks.
That's right, it's supposedly the same gear box. I test drove the Tiago as that was my initial car in the shortlist. But it was way too vocal and unrefined for me, even compared to my i20 diesel. The AMT however was better than the Swift which I also test drove.

But the Nexon AMT feels better and that could possibly be down to the fact that it has a turbo while the Tiago doesn't.

All this is relative of course. When you test drive a CVT, it feels much smoother, like it did on the Baleno I test drove, but sadly the interiors were disappointing.
Old 29th July 2018, 16:54   #1556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Thanks a lot for the info. Yes, mine is an AMT.

Thanks a lot for the info. Yes, it is there only initially when the engine starts and that too for a few seconds.

Hi there ,
That sound is probably from the immobaliser mech. Sounds like a el-motor.
asiansids is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 10:54   #1557
BHPian

Fellow Nexon owners, I am looking for 3d mats. can you please share links and pics of your mats?
Old 2nd August 2018, 15:32   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Fellow Nexon owners, I am looking for 3d mats. can you please share links and pics of your mats?
Was in the market checking these .

You get a brand called Prevento

The car shop quoted .

3d - INR 2200
5d - INR 7000
7d - INR 9600

Elegant 3d mats is listed on amazon for about 5 K , am yet to decide . Just got the lamination done for now .
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 18:31   #1559
BHPian

Has anyone considered replacing the rear view camera? It's substandard to say the least.
teknicsand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 23:37   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Was in the market checking these .

You get a brand called Prevento

The car shop quoted .

3d - INR 2200
5d - INR 7000
7d - INR 9600

Elegant 3d mats is listed on amazon for about 5 K , am yet to decide . Just got the lamination done for now .
Prevento is complete car floor lamination.
5d mats are free in the set.
The mats are locked to the laminated floor with plastic bolts. Costs 5.5K with fitting.

http://futuresenseventures.com/prevento/
Jay2009 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks