Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2018, 14:34   #1501
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
The feature must have been removed. Also, came to know that June production Tigors' do not have centre charging port. But they have left the placeholder as-is. Looks ugly

Cost cutting should be through effective value addition / value engineering not by blatant feature deletion.
You mean, this? In my June ‘18 Tiago XZA too.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-7a1135045c444348aae742be42ca2ea9.jpeg
libranof1987 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 15:39   #1502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_n View Post
This is normal with most keyless /push button start cars.If the vehicle is started then it will not shut down even if the key is removed.
This is also a kind of safety feature that allows the engine to run. Stopping the engine abruptly at the loss of signal may turn dangerous on a highway for example. However some cars may pop a message saying 'no key found'.

If you could then try driving longer without the key and see if any message pops up or car slows down(of course try this with a partner who would bring back your keyfob). Could be an interesting outcome for Nexon Owners with keyless entry

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 15:53   #1503

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuriancm View Post
Cornering sensors - Tata is charging Rs. 3800. Is it advisable to go for them?
Is it the Rear sensors or the Front sensors? Cause if its rear sensors, its good to go for it, but if its the front sensors, in Indian road driving conditions, I would not suggest it.
Old 17th July 2018, 18:29   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuthuSB View Post
Is it the Rear sensors or the Front sensors? Cause if its rear sensors, its good to go for it, but if its the front sensors, in Indian road driving conditions, I would not suggest it.
Also they cut a hole in the bumper for it. Potential for a screw up and leaving an ugly mark.
Old 17th July 2018, 20:31   #1505
BHPian

Finally Tata has introduced AMT on mid variant.

Quote:
Tata Motors today launched an additional automated manual transmission (AMT) variant of its compact SUV Nexon priced at Rs 7.50 lakh and Rs 8.53 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

The new Nexon HyperDrive Self-Shift Gears (S-SG) - XMA variant will be available on both 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine options.
Source
strawhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 01:32   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
This is also a kind of safety feature that allows the engine to run. Stopping the engine abruptly at the loss of signal may turn dangerous on a highway for example. However some cars may pop a message saying 'no key found'.

If you could then try driving longer without the key and see if any message pops up or car slows down(of course try this with a partner who would bring back your keyfob). Could be an interesting outcome for Nexon Owners with keyless entry

-UB
There will be buzzing sound (not loud) and I remember seeing a light on the instrument panel when key is taken out while engine is running.
Old 18th July 2018, 08:48   #1507
BHPian

About the FE calculation method, I presume for the tankful to tankful method, the standard way is to fill up the tank till autocut off , reset the trip, drive around for a significant kilometers, return to the same pump and preferably the same nozzle, fill to auto cut off again. We then calculate the FE by dividing the distance on the trip by the amount fuel that goes in.

This fits in perfectly assuming that all the readings are correct, including the trip meter. What i have observed is that on my car the trip reading is also exaggerated, that is the trip shows a greater number in kilometers compared to the actual distance covered. I can say this confidently as my GPS app had a lesser km for a trip compared to the tripmeter of the car itself. This obviously brings in discrepancies in the FE calculations with the actual FE being LOWER. Please try tallying the tripmeter with a GPS app and you will most likely see a difference.

PS, I drive a Tata Bolt. On a 1000KM trip that i had made, the GPS app showed 940 odd kms.
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 12:01   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuriancm View Post
Cornering sensors - Tata is charging Rs. 3800. Is it advisable to go for them?
I would advise you to give them a miss. I have had a bad experience with them, after a friend suggested i buy these for parking by the road side curb or in my tight basement parking. During delivery, the sensors were not fitted properly and they gave a shrill sound which didnt stop even after the object in front of these sensors was removed. They told me that they will replace them as they seemed faulty. A month later i had to escalate to Tata Motors as my dealer said that they were asking for the faulty sensors to be sent first to get a replacement, and roam around with holes on my bumper during peak monsoon. However i got a reply to my email from Tata in 5 minutes flat saying that the replacement will be done, but i had to spend another 4 hours at another nearby dealer getting this fitted. I later came to know that my original dealer didn't fit the required switch and a separate beeper which is a part of the kit! After everything was resolved i was told that i need to turn on the sensor and wait for 30 seconds, and not have anything in front of the sensors else they will not work properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
I started the car, gave the key to my friend and asked him to walk away from the car. He went for about 100m ahead, however the car never switched off and even I tried driving the car, and I was able to drive. Request other owners of Diesel XZA+ to kindly confirm if this is a behaviour you have faced as well. I was in ECO mode.
I remember seeing a key icon light up in the instrument panel and making a sound when the key was taken out of the car. Didn't check whether the engine turned off though, as the key was not taken that far away.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 18th July 2018 at 12:03. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
ananthacharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 15:39   #1509
BHPian

Guys a quick question to all the Nexon owners. I completed around 2000 kms in my Nexon and as per the schedule sent my car for its 1st free service. I told the service centre executive what are the issues and niggles i am facing and he kept a note of the same. However when i asked him to update the software on my infotainment system he said they can do it only if they get a call or an acknowledgement email from head office of TATA. He also said the head office mentions the car chassis number on which the updates are to be made so when i told him the update is out long time ago his answer was that they will do it only when asked by the head office.

I also told him to to make the changes to the keyfob and headlight chamber by putting the silicon pads in place as discussed long time ago on this forum and his answer was again the same that if the update has been approved for my car then only it will be done. Not sure how true is that and why TATA head office will send emails regarding a particular car due for updates. They just roll out updates for every car once the updates have been tested and approved.

Anyone else faced such an issue with service centre or i am all alone in this one. As far as i remember the official updates were rolled out by TATA long ago so every car should be allowed to get those updates directly rather than having to discuss these things with service centre guys to get an approval. Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.
Old 18th July 2018, 16:11   #1510
Senior - BHPian

@Syed - I think your car already have those silicon pads as car is new. Dealer level changes are for old cars which did not have those pads.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 16:12   #1511
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Guys a quick question to all the Nexon owners. I completed around 2000 kms in my Nexon .. . However when i asked him to update the software on my infotainment system he said they can do it only if they get a call or an acknowledgement email from head office of TATA.
Suggest to go with the SA on the update to the infotainment system. IIRC, one member here tried the update even though it was not listed for him, and faced issues till the updates were removed.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 16:15   #1512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
A quick query to other XZA+ owners.
In the brochure, it is mentioned there are 2 units of 12V power socket; 1 in center console and 2nd one behind the LH rear seat. Howerver, in my car, I do not have the rear one. Is that the norm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
The feature must have been removed. Also, came to know that June production Tigors' do not have centre charging port. But they have left the placeholder as-is. Looks ugly

Cost cutting should be through effective value addition / value engineering not by blatant feature deletion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
You mean, this? In my June ‘18 Tiago XZA too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
I have it. I think TATA has been progressively removing features. I don't have the passenger side keyless entry, while some folks here have it.
Absurd deletions by Tata. Whoever authorized this is doing more damage to the brand than saving a few bucks here and there.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 18:36   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
... I can say this confidently as my GPS app had a lesser km for a trip compared to the tripmeter of the car itself.
Pardon me for being slightly off-topic. The distance measured by a GPS device, ignoring its own errors, will always be less than the distance covered by the wheels. Typically, a GPS device will record locations in every few seconds of intervals. Between two such successive points, it will calculate distance using straight line.

However, let's say between two such points, you did an overtaking maneuver. GPS measured distance will still be the same whereas the distance covered by the wheels will be larger.

Best,
gmhossain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 18:43   #1514
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata NEXON - its major supplier list!

Tata Nexon : Official Review-rsz_screen_shot_20180718_at_110620_am.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 19:37   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata NEXON - its major supplier list!
Sorry for the noob question - is the gearshift supplier ZF same as the one as the ZF gearbox in BMW / Ford?

In any case, the part supplier list looks impressive!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks