Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2018, 15:33   #1396
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hello!

Any latest update on Petrol mileage figures?
I am from Pune and would love to consider Nexon XM Petrol over Tigor Petrol XZ (O).
But overall mileage figures which I am hearing are not at all confidence inspiring.
Any help in this regards is highly appreciated and would save me from frustrations due to low FE later.
My monthly running would be around 800 KM max.
Old 14th June 2018, 15:39   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Nexon owners - Has anyone tried to wrap the white strip with 3M carbon fibre / black wrap ? I am almost sold on the Nexon and I think the red will look good with the white bits wrapped in carbon fibre.
Old 15th June 2018, 06:57   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Nexon owners - Has anyone tried to wrap the white strip with 3M carbon fibre / black wrap ? I am almost sold on the Nexon and I think the red will look good with the white bits wrapped in carbon fibre.
Not a carbon fiber wrap, but someone did wrap it in a shade of silver and posted the same earlier on this thread (Page 80).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4393948
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 09:46   #1399
BHPian

Finally bit the bullet, switched my booking from Tigor XZ (o) petrol to Nexon XM petrol.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 17:52   #1400
BHPian

Had a bad experience at a Tata showroom today. Walked into Marigold Tata at Bhandup in Mumbail today i as I am considering purchasing a Nexon Diesel. There were no display cars and the sales staff was lying ( not sitting, lying down with their feet on the armrests) on the sofas meant for customers, watching videos on their phones.

My entry and declaration that I'm interested in the Nexon had no effect on them, they continued to lie until a member of the administrative staff asked a salesman to talk to me.

Me: I'm interested in the Nexon Diesel

Salesman: We don't have any cars.

Me ( already pissed off with the experience so far): You are supposed to say ".. Nexon is an excellent choice sir, and we have monsoon offers going on, and although all our cars are out for test drives sir we will arrange a test drive at your home, if you can share your details." Do you really want to sell a car? Anyway, can I speak to a manager?

Him: "Wo to abhi aaye nahi hain."
(This happened at 3:30 pm btw).

And thus ended my interest in Tata cars and Nexon as I stormed out of the showroom. It is a brilliant product no doubt, but with such a nonchalant organisation (that only knows to sell indicas and sumos to taxi drivers)behind it, I have zero confidence that I would have a decent ownership experience if I ever bought one.

I am taking my business elsewhere.

Last edited by jagspabla : 15th June 2018 at 17:54.
jagspabla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 19:51   #1401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagspabla View Post
Had a bad experience at a Tata showroom today. Walked into Marigold Tata at Bhandup in Mumbail today i as I am considering purchasing a Nexon Diesel.....
I too had a similar experience with a Tata dealership, a Concorde, no less when I went to take a look at the newly launched Zest. A seemingly uninterested sales executive came over reluctantly after some prodding from a staff member and started explaining features on a tablet while the car itself was right in front of us. I was not offered a test drive. I wasnt too keen to test drive it as it was about 7 pm. The sales executive boringly offered his contact number and didnt ask for my number. I was a bit miffed but let it pass and left the showroom.

I bought the Zest a month or so later from the same dealership. Another executive attended upon me. Though not very knowledgeable about the vehicle, he was courteous and attentive.

Why should I be denied exploring a car in which I was interested and had a good chance of buying just because a lousy sales executive? Though one looks forward to know about the vehicle and its features and offers - essential especially for a newly launched vehicle - and one does get disappointed when not satisfied with the responses or attitude of sales people, thereby prompting a prospective customer to look elsewhere, both in terms of dealership or brand itself, why should one place more emphasis on this aspect than the more crucial aspects like service ?

I neither condone their behaviour nor tolerate the insolence. Its just that I didnt let it affect me in my decision.
simplyself is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 20:23   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Hello!

Any latest update on Petrol mileage figures?
But overall mileage figures which I am hearing are not at all confidence inspiring.
Any help in this regards is highly appreciated and would save me from frustrations due to low FE later.
I have a Nexon ZXA+ and i am getting 8.5 kmpl in Bangalore's bumper to bumper traffic and 13.5 kmpl during my last long ride of 400 Kms including narrow and Ghat Roads. The ride was mostly on Eco Mode(60%), City(20%) and Sport Mode(20%) as i was testing out the new ride. I always drive with the Auto AC on 22-24 Degrees.

I was fueled on Indian Oil Petrol initially for the above mileage figures. I started using Shell Petrol now, but haven't finished up the full tank yet, so i will update shortly in case of any major difference.
ananthacharya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 06:54   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post

I bought the Zest a month or so later from the same dealership ..... why should one place more emphasis on this aspect than the more crucial aspects like service ?

I neither condone their behaviour nor tolerate the insolence. Its just that I didnt let it affect me in my decision.

I see your point SimplySelf, my concern is whether one can depend upon such a company for after sales service or will one have to deal with incompetence again and again after buying an admittedly great product? How has your experience with Tata ASS been after buying the Zest?
Old 16th June 2018, 07:51   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I see your point SimplySelf, my concern is whether one can depend upon such a company for after sales service or will one have to deal with incompetence again and again after buying an admittedly great product? How has your experience with Tata ASS been after buying the Zest?
Service experience has been good. Service Advisors are knowledgeable.

Car has completed 75000 km service.

It helped that the car didn't need much maintenance - barring a couple of minor issues which were rectified - other than the scheduled ones.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 12:12   #1405
BHPian

So, here goes my first post in Team-BHP!

I have been following Nexon ever since spyshots of test mules were shared. I was planning to buy a new car because my present car (2003 Wagon R) has started showing its age despite all the love it has received over the years.
So, I was in the market for a compact SUV with an automated transmission because the choked streets of Mathura and Aligarh are not very pleasant and made driving a tiresome job. My choices were very limited as Vitara Brezza was not offered in a automatic guise and Creta SX+ AT was out of budget. The EcoSport Trend+ AT was seeming to be a good option. But then came the news that Nexon would be launched in automatic trim by the first quarter of 2018 so decided to wait for its launch. I had taken a test of manual Nexon XZ+ and was thoroughly impressed by the drive quality, engine refinement (both petrol and diesel) and the fact that it was feature loaded and significantly undercut EcoSport in price only cemented my decision.
After many delays, I was contacted by Ashok Auto Sales, Agra that test drive cars were available. Took a test drive and decided to book the petrol version on the spot. Even though diesel was better in my opinion, we are looking to keep this car for long term and due to the 10 year registration limit for diesel cars in NCR (Mathura is supposed to be added to NCR by the end of this year) decided to go for petrol instead. And booked the Dual tone blue colour as orange is too bright for my taste.
I'm supposed to get delivery of the car on 30th June 2018.
Also asked Sales Advisor about the activity key. According to him, it is standard with XZA+ trim and is available for XZ+ for ₹7000.

Query to existing customers: Do you recommend any accessories for the car? I wanted to get the ambient lighting installed. Is it any good? Also, what about the puddle lamp with Tata logo projector? Please post pictures of the same and tell about your experience with the same.

I'm uploading the invoice I got from the dealership. I got the logistics charges and insurance waived off as part of Tata's 125 years anniversary scheme.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180609wa000201.jpeg  

PapaKiloSierra9 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 17:17   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKiloSierra9 View Post
I'm uploading the invoice I got from the dealership. I got the logistics charges and insurance waived off as part of Tata's 125 years anniversary scheme.
Hey,

The transportation charges seems to have been added to the final price. I am not sure what this charge is towards. This could be the handling charges in a disguise. Try getting it waived off. Here are examples of some folks getting these ambiguous addons dropped. You can write to Tata Motors if talking to the dealer doesn't work.

Last edited by strawhat : 16th June 2018 at 17:19.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 17:44   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Hey,

The transportation charges seems to have been added to the final price. I am not sure what this charge is towards. This could be the handling charges in a disguise. Try getting it waived off. Here are examples of some folks getting these ambiguous addons dropped. You can write to Tata Motors if talking to the dealer doesn't work.
I did talk to dealer about it. So instead of cancelling them, they added it to the discount. According to them, they are adding the transportation/logistics charges in the quotation as it is added in calculating on-road price by all the dealers in the region (I correlated this by getting quotes from dealers in Ghaziabad, Noida and Aligarh). So on insisting, he waived off these charges but added this in discount amount along with insurance. Thats how the discount came up to 44k.
Old 17th June 2018, 08:16   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Had a bad experience at a Tata showroom today. Walked into Marigold Tata at Bhandup in Mumbail today i as I am considering purchasing a Nexon Diesel. There were no display cars and the sales staff was lying ( not sitting, lying down with their feet on the armrests) on the sofas meant for customers, watching videos on their phones.

My entry and declaration that I'm interested in the Nexon had no effect on them, they continued to lie until a member of the administrative staff asked a salesman to talk to me.

Me: I'm interested in the Nexon Diesel

Salesman: We don't have any cars.

Me ( already pissed off with the experience so far): You are supposed to say ".. Nexon is an excellent choice sir, and we have monsoon offers going on, and although all our cars are out for test drives sir we will arrange a test drive at your home, if you can share your details." Do you really want to sell a car? Anyway, can I speak to a manager?

Him: "Wo to abhi aaye nahi hain."
(This happened at 3:30 pm btw).

And thus ended my interest in Tata cars and Nexon as I stormed out of the showroom. It is a brilliant product no doubt, but with such a nonchalant organisation (that only knows to sell indicas and sumos to taxi drivers)behind it, I have zero confidence that I would have a decent ownership experience if I ever bought one.

I am taking my business elsewhere.

UPDATE:

Was passing by when I spotted a Tata Dealership in Thane, and dropped in to give Tata another chance. Got a good test drive and mentioned my experience with "Marigold Tata", Bhandup, Mumbai to the SA. Here is what he told me:

" Marigold Tata is closing down as the owner absconded with customers' money. Tata Motors has confiscated all their test and display vehicles, and is trying to sell them to return the customers their money. The owner has also done some pilferage from customer's financing loans ( note: I don't know if that's really possible)."

I am just reporting what the SA told me and cannot verify the authenticity of the statements. You can even look at their JustDial reviews to read some horror stories including faked tax receipts.

No wonder I had a horrible experience there, and I thank my stars I didn't end up booking a car with them.
jagspabla is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 15:03   #1409
BHPian

Anybody has this cup holder extension in the central console. I was able to find this in the Autocar review of Nexon but seems to be missing in the production version of Nexon.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20180617151144.jpg  

Old 18th June 2018, 09:46   #1410
BHPian

Good morning everyone!

I don't know whether this post should belong to this thread or the 'Tata Motors reliability etc' thread.
But posting here as I have experienced it after booking my Nexon.

Booked my Nexon XM Petrol on Thursday.
Yesterday got a call from Tata Motors customer relationship team.
Asked me about how the booking experience has been.
The lady on the call tried to explain the features of the variant I chose (which was not needed actually but I listened on to it).
Asked me to ensure everything / do check the car thoroughly before Signing the PDI form.
When asked about logistic charges, the lady was ready to escalate it. But asked her to not to escalate, I will take it up post delivery.

Also, asked me to call their customer care helpline in case of any issue during whole buying process.

Quite impressed.
What say?
DriveOnceMore is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks