Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2018, 06:57   #1306
M35
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
This could well be case of an attempt to sabotage the ongoing success story of Nexon.
By setting one's own car on fire?

He has already posted the reason for it, which to me is very appropriate. I don’t smell anything bad there. Yes, I am thinking from the customer point of you. Please read the below post from OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
The owner from Mumbai had not taken any action till the time she saw the tweet from Jatin. I don't see any date on the emails but am sure the official complaint to Ratan Tata must have been suggested from Jatin to Shruti so that their case can get stronger.
One is a lighter shade and the other is in red. The pictures are self-explanatory. The registration numbers are seen, also the identities of the owners with their phone numbers. Just imagine yourself in the situation and I am sure you would hardly find anything smelling foul in there.
Old 21st May 2018, 07:47   #1307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Sad to see the pics. If the car was in standstill for long then it should be an electrical short circuit causing the fire. Loose wiring during additional accessories installation or even a Rat menace can cause this. In my earlier car (Figo) a rat attack caused lot of damage to the wirings while I was away for a week. The FASS later informed me that I was lucky and got the car on time. If it was delayed by few more days it would have been disaster as the live battery wire was on the verge of being dislocated and short circuiting.
Rat menace leading to short circuit could be a potential cause in either of the cases of fire. Since both the cars were parked during the incident, 1 of them being idle for about the week, a rat attack can't be ruled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Do I smell foul play in both the fire cases? Not speaking about the owners per se. Earlier the competition had a threat from Nano and that too was popularized as catching fire and now this?

Tata will again need to do a complete root cause analysis and very quickly at that. So that this thing subsides before it catches too many eye balls.
It seems the owners got in touch with each other and drafted similar complaints to Tata.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 12:50   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Rat menace leading to short circuit could be a potential cause in either of the cases of fire. Since both the cars were parked during the incident, 1 of them being idle for about the week, a rat attack can't be ruled out.
Agree. It could have been. But then it should have been easily identified by TATA team and documented in their report. In that case this could have been a very straightforward and easy case to handle for them. Rat cases do show up as gnawed wires, rat poo, urine etc and if found by TATA engineers could have been a very justifiable reason that they could provide to owner. But seems like that was not the case either.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 19:52   #1309
BHPian

The post about the fire incident is worrying me. Could the possible cause of this be due to excessive heat when parked right under the hot sun?

I currently have a full tank and my car is parked under the hot sun for the entire day due to unavoidable circumstances. Worried, please advise.

Apart from this, the performance of the car is brilliant. Mileage achieved on my Nexon (P)in Bangalore city traffic is 9 and in Chennai city traffic is 11. Highway mileage is 16.5. All these numbers are achieved in sports mode with Tank full method. Completed 5,000 kilometers and will send the vehicle for first service shortly.

Another query - My steering locks when I turn off ignition. Is this some safety feature in Nexon? This happens all the time when I turn off the ignition.

Last edited by sahas83 : 21st May 2018 at 20:21.
sahas83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 22:06   #1310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Another query - My steering locks when I turn off ignition. Is this some safety feature in Nexon? This happens all the time when I turn off the ignition.
This happens in all cars. The steering locks when the key is off. Nothing unusual there.
Old 22nd May 2018, 11:26   #1311
BHPian

Guys have been trying to get used to the voice commands and other features on TATA Nexon and it looks simple and not too fancy apart from the whatsapp and sms notification popup. I have set the sms notifications to beep and show popup on screen however i am not getting any popup message on the screen at all. I tried a lot but nothing seems to work. Only the beep is heard when i connect my phone via bluetooth but no pop up message is shown for sms or whatsapp message. I checked the build of ICE software and it says August 2017 and i am sure there is a newer version of November available but this was a standard feature and should be working on the August build too.

Anyone else facing the same issue or is it just me who is doing something wrong. Plus do i need to be connected to Android Auto for this feature to work or my pairing via bluetooth should do the job. I have Android Oreo 8.1 in my phone as a matter of fact which i hope shouldn't be a problem for the same.

Does anybody else have the same issue or i am the only one unlucky here and some help regarding the functionality would be really appreciated in this regard.
Old 22nd May 2018, 13:52   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post

Does anybody else have the same issue or i am the only one unlucky here and some help regarding the functionality would be really appreciated in this regard.
I cannot say about the August version as I was using an iPhone then. No pop ups that time
In November Version (which I presently have), WhatsApp msgs do not pop up but SMS does. The SMS pop up displays option of Readout,Cancel,Reply along with the sender's name. Works 7-8 out of 10 times.
gk.93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 20:02   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Tata must come down against such dealers otherwise new customers with little bargaining skill will continue to be fleeced.
Handling charge is common across all Tata Dealership and when asked about it they behave as if Its pretty normal and give you a look as if you are from the stone age. In my case salesperson went ahead and blamed tata telling its the tactic played by Tata motors itself to show the Ex showroom price competitive. Such a moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktisarangi View Post
Surprisingly, every time this happens with a Tata car, it turns into a PR nightmare, while Marutis go up in flames far more frequently. Recently a mother and her child were charred to death after their Maruti Ritz caught fire in the parking lot. Many such incidents have also been reported on the Swift. Even a Ford Endeavour burnt down recently in Karnataka.
It is not fair to judge Tata without clear proof of the issue in question.
Exactly. All other incidents hardly make it to the headlines. But again Tata motors cant take that as an excuse. Hope they will really come up with the root cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Do I smell foul play in both the fire cases? Not speaking about the owners per se. Earlier the competition had a threat from Nano and that too was popularized as catching fire and now this?

Tata will again need to do a complete root cause analysis and very quickly at that. So that this thing subsides before it catches too many eye balls.
Nano incidents were the first thing came to my mind too.
Old 23rd May 2018, 08:18   #1314
BHPian

Please refer to this thread (link below). If you take a look at just the last page you will find 2 cases of Maruti Ritz, one case each of a Hyundai Creta and Wagon R, and two cases of BMW 3 series.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86897
Yet there is no discussion around any of these vehicles catching fire, however every time a Tata vehicle catches fire it becomes an issue.
shaktisarangi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 19:02   #1315
Distinguished - BHPian

My good friend Pradeep Sirohi has taken his XZ+ to the world's highest motorable mountain pass - Khardung La, Ladakh.

400 kms driven up and back over stones, over almost non-existent roads. Acid test passed!

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image1.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image2.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image3.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 13:20   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Completed 5,000 kilometers and will send the vehicle for first service shortly.
First service is either 2 months of 2000 kms. Why have you not got it done so far? Your car is from late 2017 if I recall it right.
Old 26th May 2018, 16:31   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
The sunroof is a relatively simple vent-type unit and not electrically powered.
There is an electrically operable variant in addition to the manual one and the former costs one lakh rupees . One of the TBHP member has got it installed on his Nexon.
Old 26th May 2018, 17:28   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
There is an electrically operable variant in addition to the manual one and the former costs one lakh rupees . One of the TBHP member has got it installed on his Nexon.
Yes that is me. Inlht an electric Sunroof for 1 lac.
Old 27th May 2018, 17:22   #1319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Yes that is me. Inlht an electric Sunroof for 1 lac.
Hi can you please add a small video or picture of the same. Or share the link to the post if already posted. Thanks and regards.
Old 27th May 2018, 19:28   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hi can you please add a small video or picture of the same. Or share the link to the post if already posted. Thanks and regards.
Sure here they are

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180222_112131.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180222_112125.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180222_112122.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180222_112116.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180222_112107.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180222_112101.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180222_112048.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180222_111952.jpg
scopriobharath is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com