Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2018, 21:19   #1186
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Here's another IPL avatar for the Nexon customised by a fan. This time it's an SRH fan

Old 27th April 2018, 20:45   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Guys,

Had the first issue with XZ+ Diesel. This morning after driving for around 6km (30 mins) got stuck at a traffic signal. As the wait time was more, switched off the ignition. While turning it on pressing the ignition button , to my horror the engine refused to start. It’s just cranking and tries to crank as long as I was pressing the start button and the clutch. It went on for around ten mins. After which I switched off everything and tried again and the engine started. The odo reads 1500 and the engine coolant gauge was just at 2 bars with no MIL glowing. Anyone with similar experience.
Are you sure the engine was getting cranked? Or only the self starter was running? With the self starter alone running, without the engine getting cranked, then there is nothing to worry. Ask the dealer to replace your starter motor. It is because of the drive pinion in the starter getting stuck and not moving forward when started.
If the engine was getting cranked and not starting it is something to look into.
jgsolo27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2018, 07:00   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
I guess not. In all the cases so far, the drivers have clearly given reasons on why the car toppled, from running off the road, swerving to avoid a collision, etc. If the car was suspect, then surely we would have heard complaints on the same. .
I guess it has more to do with owners confusing the car design with hatchback one and try the cornering style similar to hatch. Suv's need to be driven with caution is such curves.
Old 29th April 2018, 18:53   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Are you sure the engine was getting cranked?
Thanks jgsolo17 for the hints.

Here is the update on the non starting issue. Explained the situation to TASS (Concorde Dairy circle, Bangalore). I was really surprised how attentive the SE was as I was little apprehensive with the horror stories that I had heard earlier. Anyways the DTC log revealed that there was temporary communication disruption between key fob and the cluster resulting in immobilizer being activated. I remember the engine was started when I kept the key near the USB port, the area where key needs to be placed in case battery in key is down. So God forbid if any XZ+ plus owners face this issue, first thing to try is to keep the keep the key near to the USB port.
pious_devil is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 10:37   #1190
BHPian

Guys need some help here.
I am planning to get the delivery of my Nexon this week so gearing up with the financial formalities and all that. I called the dealer and told them i will be coming this weekend and they said they will be more than happy to see me there.

While i was on call with them regarding the car i asked them how will the car reach dealership from Pune and they said cars are driven by expert drivers who will drive the car to the dealership from Jammu. Since i hail from Srinagar and most of the dealers use trollers for transit purpose here like others the concerned dealer says the cars are driven from Jammu to srinagar under expert supervision. The distance between Jammu and Srinagar is roughly 250 kms so technically i will be getting a car which is already been driven 250kms. It really put me off as i am not sure in what condition the car reached the dealership and weather any damage has been caused.

I argued with the dealer why my car will be driven and the answer in his defence was they have been doing it since a long time and it's nothing new for them as they have faced issues in logistics using a troller so they avoid the usual procedure. At Least he was being honest with me which i really appreciate.

Since my car will be already 250 kms old at least i am in a fix regarding taking the delivery. Should i take the delivery of my car even if the meter reads 250 kms on ODO before i step inside and someone else has driven it before me or is it justified to ask for some discount and all that. Asking for some discount or some goodies will be justified and ethical or not. Kindly suggest.

I have another dealer in my vicinity who has just started its business and as per them they deliver the cars in trollers but i am not sure are they telling me the truth because they are new in the field and could be a chance were they want to play it safe to not lose a customer.
Old 30th April 2018, 11:20   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I am planning to get the delivery of my Nexon this week so gearing up with the financial formalities and all that. I called the dealer and told them i will be coming this weekend and they said they will be more than happy to see me there
Post the exact same question to customer care and you will receive a response for sure. The territory manager will respond to your question.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th April 2018 at 12:16. Reason: please dont quote the full post.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 16:38   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sayed Monis, if the dealership is not well known to you, I would suggest to look out for the other dealers. What if he is just trying to sell you a demo car.
Old 1st May 2018, 16:42   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Post the exact same question to customer care and you will receive a response for sure. The territory manager will respond to your question.
Thanks a lot buddy for the suggestion and i did exactly what you told me to. So here is the sequence of events which took place.

I called TATA customer care and told them what my problem is. The customer care executive unfortunately wasn't good enough to understand my problem so she transferred my call to her supervisor.

I told her that my car will be already driven by someone else and it's annoying me. She took note of the same and asked me to give the name of the dealership from which i booked my car. After that she told me to wait for 24 hours to get it resolved and to my surprise i received a call back from the dealership in half an hour time and asked me why i had raised a complaint. They tried to justify their reason to make sure i don't cancel my booking even though i wasn't that covenced.

Then they told me they are willing to give me some offers for the same like matting,body cover,a discount of 20% on insurance etc. I felt over the moon and really was happy for the fact how TATA has grown in dealing with the customer issues and after sales service.

Kudos to TATA for doing their bit to help me out and as far as i remember i haven't seen any brand to take such quick action against a complaint. Gone are the days when people had doubts about TATA's service but i must say i am mighty impressed and i suggest everyone out there to give TATA a chance because they deserve it for the sheer commitment they have shown in making good cars as well as making a sale more pleasurable experience. WELL DONE TATA!!!
Syed Monis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 16:50   #1194
BHPian

Our Grey Nexon is about a week old with 450 KMs on the ODO. We decided to change the white accent lines into something more subtle with a 3M Vinyl wrap.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180501_163948.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180501_164132.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180430_182741130.jpg

The colour is 1080-M21 Matte SIlver in 3M Catalog

Last edited by TuxDiesel : 1st May 2018 at 16:52. Reason: Adding a missed image.
TuxDiesel is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 16:51   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Hi Sayed Monis, if the dealership is not well known to you, I would suggest to look out for the other dealers. What if he is just trying to sell you a demo car.
The dealership i went to for my booking is an old and well known dealer in our area since a long time,probably since the time of TATA Sumo was launched. There is another dealer though who has just started his business since January this year but i am not sure how good they are so can't rely on them as yet due to lower footfalls so there is every chance of them trying to fool me around to make a sale by lying and all that.

Regarding the dealer selling me a demo car well that's not possible because there are already enough demo cars they are having and Calgary White was not available with them till last week. They have been honest with me so far which i really appreciate and are not trying to lie to me which is a good thing but they say using trollers is just not safe for them due to past experience as the hilly terrain has caused some damage to the cars long ago so they avoid the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
Our Grey Nexon is about a week old with 450 KMs on the ODO. We decided to change the white accent lines into something more subtle with a 3M Vinyl wrap.
The White X strip at the back is the only reason i avoided Grey color for my Nexon as it looks a bit too loud and in your face types rear. Thanks to the darker shade of Grey on the body it makes the White look even more striking and flashy thus making the rear look a bit odd ball and not so premium. I also realised that using too many colors at the back has made the car look too small and more of a hatchback when things could had been much better by using better and darker colors at the rear. Nevertheless your car looks great now and more premium due to 3M coating.

Last edited by ampere : 1st May 2018 at 19:00. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 19:41   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
The colour is 1080-M21 Matte SIlver in 3M Catalog
How much did it cost?
Old 2nd May 2018, 00:20   #1197
BHPian

Quote:

I am planning to get the delivery of my Nexon this week so gearing up with the financial formalities and all that. I called the dealer and told them i will be coming this weekend and they said they will be more than happy to see me there.

While i was on call with them regarding the car i asked them how will the car reach dealership from Pune and they said cars are driven by expert drivers who will drive the car to the dealership from Jammu. Since i hail from Srinagar and most of the dealers use trollers for transit purpose here like others the concerned dealer says the cars are driven from Jammu to srinagar under expert supervision. The distance between Jammu and Srinagar is roughly 250 kms so technically i will be getting a car which is already been driven 250kms. It really put me off as i am not sure in what condition the car reached the dealership and weather any damage has been caused.

I argued with the dealer why my car will be driven and the answer in his defence was they have been doing it since a long time and it's nothing new for them as they have faced issues in logistics using a troller so they avoid the usual procedure. At Least he was being honest with me which i really appreciate.

Since my car will be already 250 kms old at least i am in a fix regarding taking the delivery. Should i take the delivery of my car even if the meter reads 250 kms on ODO before i step inside and someone else has driven it before me or is it justified to ask for some discount and all that. Asking for some discount or some goodies will be justified and ethical or not. Kindly suggest..
Dear Monis.
Most of the dealers deliver cars from Jammu to srinagar and most of them are driven down to the valley. You must have seen it while traveling from Jammu to srinagar that lot of new cars from different manufacturers are driven down to valley by the dealership drivers. I am assuming you are getting your Nexon from Fairdeal motors. Their GM is Ayaz Bhat and they are very trustworthy. Don't worry your vehicle is in safe hands. It's a common practice to drive customer cars from Jammu to srinagar for all dealers. These vehicles can't be brought to valley in trailer trucks as the jk highway has many narrow passes and these trailers won't make it through them easily especially between panthal and banihal. Only the small hatch backs are transported in small trailers now from Jammu. You can ask for free goodies no issues in that or you can take delivery in Jammu and drive it down to srinagar yourself. Best of luck for your purchase buddy.
rajamuneeb is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 08:24   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
How much did it cost?
It costed me around 9k. I insisted on continuous and cleaner finish without cuts in between, hence more material was used.
Old 2nd May 2018, 08:30   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
If possible, go to Jammu and insist on travelling in your allocated car. You may not be able to drive it since registration and responsibility (and I suggest you don't drive it yet) but you will be able to ensure that its driven well like you would like.

Edit; In the meantime, my Nexon has completed 1550 kms. I did the second fill in. It took 37.4 ltrs of diesel for 665 kms returning approximately 18 kmpl. As before, I continue to drive in mix modes and using AC between 24 and 25. Engine is becoming increasingly quieter too.
The first service will be done this weekend and I would like to know which oil is to be used for engine oil replacement which team-bhp recommends at first service.

Last edited by avingodb : 2nd May 2018 at 08:35.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 08:57   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
The first service will be done this weekend and I would like to know which oil is to be used for engine oil replacement which team-bhp recommends at first service.
There will be no oil change done before 15,000 KM's or 12 months, whichever is earlier.

And for the oil, suggest that you stick to the manufacturers specifications, at least until your warranty period.

Find duration and recommended lubricants. Courtesy Nexon owner's manual.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20180502084653__01__01.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20180502084432__01.jpg
KA18 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks