Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2018, 13:32   #1276
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
This head-on collision happened in Goa. All 3 occupants are safe, albeit with some injuries.

More details awaited.
Seems like it was a test drive at high speeds which went wrong.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image1.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image3.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image2.jpeg

Car went out of control and hit a pole on the divider (first pic), which has resulted in the damage.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th May 2018 at 13:33.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 15:22   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Car went out of control and hit a pole on the divider (first pic), which has resulted in the damage.
The impact was such that the pole got uprooted, and yet nothing seems to have intruded into the car.
Enobarbus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 15:23   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
I always think about the sales advisor who sits in the co-driver seat during test drives! I pity them for what they have to go through every day as part of their job. May be, there has to be a regulation brought in for "test drives".

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 17:29   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Aren't test drive cars supposed to have a decal on the sides? Test drive cars come with such decals right from the factory iirc! That red sticker near the number plate could mean anything. A new car being driven to the RTO, a showroom, a customer's place, etc.
Old 17th May 2018, 18:18   #1280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Aren't test drive cars supposed to have a decal on the sides? Test drive cars come with such decals right from the factory iirc! That red sticker near the number plate could mean anything. A new car being driven to the RTO, a showroom, a customer's place, etc.
Are you be refering to cars that are being repaired and yet to get back to normal functioning. The old days when we used to see "On Test" boards on the car when they did not sport their own licence plate.

Cars under development would come under different category, and testing permits. Hence should not be applicable to such identification. The red-boards to the factory or to dealers are also allocated by RTO, and will have specific usage permits.

Last edited by condor : 17th May 2018 at 18:19.
Old 17th May 2018, 19:16   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Are you be refering to cars that are being repaired and yet to get back to normal functioning. The old days when we used to see "On Test" boards on the car when they did not sport their own licence plate.

Cars under development would come under different category, and testing permits. Hence should not be applicable to such identification. The red-boards to the factory or to dealers are also allocated by RTO, and will have specific usage permits.
I was referring to the one in the pics shared above in the accident. It was said to be a test drive car, but there are no decals and as you said, the red board could also have come from RTO.
Old 17th May 2018, 19:44   #1282
BHPian

Not all test drive vehicles have decals or stickers on them. I remember when Hexa was launched the test drive vehicle I drove did not have any kind of stickers or decals.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 20:47   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe it's time someone did an 'Elk Test' on these new 'crossovers' - lifted, heavy, & fast, is a recipe for disaster.

On a lighter note, the pole seems to have taken the impact very well, may be car-makers should start making cars out of that material, whatever it is
im_srini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 01:01   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Found this video on YouTube for a head unit swap for the Nexon.

Does anyone know if this is possible or is this a faked video? If true, could be a good option for those desiring a bigger screen.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm in no way associated with nor do I know the person who posted the video.
Old 18th May 2018, 12:15   #1285
BHPian

Guys i have just started driving out my new Nexon and it has been just a couple of days only. Still trying to get used to the functionality on the Infotainment system and voice commands. I would really appreciate some help here if someone can tell me the proper use of voice commands.

I have paired my phone to the infotainment system via bluetooth and was successful in making calls via voice commands but i know there is much more one can do with voice commands like setting the temperature etc. even when the phone is not connected to Android Auto or bluetooth. I tried to tune in the radio by voice but it said command not understood. So it will be of great help to know how to exactly use the voice commands and what exactly one can do with voice commands. Are there any particular commands one needs to say for the infotainment system to understand or we can say it in any informal sense too. Some help from fellow BHPians would be highly appreciated.
Old 18th May 2018, 13:56   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Guys i have just started driving out my new Nexon and it has been just a couple of days only. Still trying to get used to the functionality on the Infotainment system and voice commands. I would really appreciate some help here if someone can tell me the proper use of voice commands.

I have paired my phone to the infotainment system via bluetooth and was successful in making calls via voice commands but i know there is much more one can do with voice commands like setting the temperature etc. even when the phone is not connected to Android Auto or bluetooth. I tried to tune in the radio by voice but it said command not understood. So it will be of great help to know how to exactly use the voice commands and what exactly one can do with voice commands. Are there any particular commands one needs to say for the infotainment system to understand or we can say it in any informal sense too. Some help from fellow BHPians would be highly appreciated.

Please go through the user manual of the infotainment system provided. There is a section with the list of pre-defined commands for all the functions that can be controlled with the voice commands.

Cheers!
akhil994 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 15:35   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I would really appreciate some help here if someone can tell me the proper use of voice commands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Please go through the user manual of the infotainment system provided.
Congrats Syed Monis for your new NEXON !!

Also, you may check the -> HELP tab/tile of Nexon's infotainment system and browse the list in VoiceCommands Quick Guide while driving the car itself.

For details, i have snipped these out from the online available user-manuals.

Nexon_Voice_Commands.pdf

Cheers and Happy Driving!

Last edited by Moto$apien : 18th May 2018 at 15:36.
Moto$apien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 19:50   #1288
BHPian

Took a test drive of Diesel Nexon AMT, having driven the early manual proto-type due to work contraints couldn't drive when it was launched. Overall loved what Tata has brought to the compact SUV game. I drive a diesel Ertiga, and have to admit Tata's 1.5 mil is refined.

Now to the test drive, it was arranged within 5-10 mins after I entered the Showroom. This was the same showroom I went in to test drive Hexa, now this time the difference was I could see more of Tata impact design cars in the showroom. The sales rep just noted down normal formalities, and headed me to the car. The car was clean and no sort of dirt or derbies, also to note it did not have any kind of decals or stickers noting this was a test drive vehicle.

Started the car, Nexon felt a lot quieter than my Eritga. Next I was searching for the Clutch and brake to sort the car in 1st, then it hit me oh this is a AMT casually released the parking brake and released the brake to move. Yes it does have a head nod but it definitely isn't jerky or thing which will put you off. Floor the pedal leaving the head nod it picked up speed very quickly, gear changes are felt only when you floor it. Tried the sports mode and it felt a bit better, switched to manual, and after switching up the gears manually, came across a speedbreaker and I decided not to downshift to check if this stalls but to my surprise Manual mode is calibrated in a way it downshifts on its own if you do not. I liked the city mode too, in day to day mumbai traffic this will be the best to extract every drop and when used sedately it will reward you. I am not discussing other things like ride or steering feedback it is all mentioned here already.

Waiting period for Diesel is more than petrol, Manual Petrol Nexon is available within 15 days for others it ranges from 3-4 weeks.

Maruti needs to come up with a engine which is comparable to the Tata's 1.5 mil, I liked this unit better than the aging Fiat's 1.3 if MS cannot make one better source the 1.5 mil from Tata.

This was the test drive car.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180518-3.33.59-pm.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180518-3.33.58-pm.jpeg

On a side note, a 2017 White petrol Nexon and Hexa XMA (don't know the color) is at the stockyard available with discounts.

This is the price chart for Mumbai.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-wp_20180518_18_53_51_pro_li.jpg

Last edited by amrutmhatre90 : 18th May 2018 at 19:52.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 08:37   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
This is the price chart for Mumbai.
They have listed handling charges and added basic accessories for 30000?
Tata must come down against such dealers otherwise new customers with little bargaining skill will continue to be fleeced.

Also would like to update on a problem that in my Nexon, the audio settings change each time the engine is stopped. For example, Base and Treble go to -09 each time. Its also forgets the call list and takes a good amount to reconnect. Is there a a way out?
Old 19th May 2018, 12:07   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Also would like to update on a problem that in my Nexon, the audio settings change each time the engine is stopped. For example, Base and Treble go to -09 each time. Its also forgets the call list and takes a good amount to reconnect. Is there a a way out?
Did you get the ICE updated?
Mine is November Version. I don't know if any newer version is available or not.
gk.93 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks