Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2018, 08:48   #1141

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

I am not sure if this would be the correct thread for this query. Mods please feel free to (re)move this to appropriate thread.

Couple of days back to due my carelessness I scratched my Nexon on co-driver side against a stationary tempo traveller

The impact wasn't huge I just brushed against the vehicle. This has left a scruff mark near the left rear tyre, that I believe should be easy to get off.

There is though, about half an inch long, bit deeper, scratch near he left front tyre. This scratch then continues horizontally up till the front door. Major part of these two parallel scratch lines seems be a clear coat scratch.

I wanted to get an opinion on how to get this fixed. Should I take my Nexon to the Tata service center to get it looked into or would it be worth taking to 3M Marathalli for minor scratch fix? BTW, I am also considering going for paint protection coating/ceramic coating. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated. Also, Is there an easy way to remove the scruff scratch?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180413_171201.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180413_171220.jpg  

Old 18th April 2018, 09:08   #1142
BHPian

^^it is minor damage, some rubbing compound and later polish could fix the things. I don't see any deep damage.
Old 18th April 2018, 11:12   #1143
BHPian

I did the second tankful yesterday. It ate up 38 ltrs and the trip was at 735 kms. Average of approximately 19.3 is not bad for a new car always driven on AC between 23 and 25 and in mixture of modes, which I am still learning on how bets to optimise.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 21:03   #1144
BHPian

I am assuming this is with Diesel. Any opinions on what could be realistic mileage that I can expect with a petrol version.

I drove the Nexon petrol today and though the vehicle is a little out of my budget, I was impressed with the sheer drive characteristics of the engine. Mind you, I am coming from the Maruti stable and have driven the k-series engine all along. But I still feel the petrol engine on the tata nexon is quite smooth and the gear shifts are precise and neat.

What I was more concerned is with the mileage that was being shown in the mid. The mileage figure was at 8.7. I can understand that it is a test drive vehicle, driven by many people. However, how far would be the actual mileage in city conditions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I did the second tankful yesterday. It ate up 38 ltrs and the trip was at 735 kms. Average of approximately 19.3 is not bad for a new car always driven on AC between 23 and 25 and in mixture of modes, which I am still learning on how bets to optimise.
Old 18th April 2018, 21:53   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
I am assuming this is with Diesel
Yes, mine is Diesel one. On the issue of MID mileage i can say that when i took delivery of my car, MID average was at 8.5. And it did climb up steadily as I drove subsequently. Like I mentioned previously, my drive is against the direction of heavy traffic at the time I travel usually so that helps me I guess.
Old 18th April 2018, 22:24   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
I am assuming this is with Diesel. Any opinions on what could be realistic mileage that I can expect with a petrol version.

What I was more concerned is with the mileage that was being shown in the mid. The mileage figure was at 8.7. I can understand that it is a test drive vehicle, driven by many people. However, how far would be the actual mileage in city conditions?
How about resetting one of the 2 trip meters available in the Nexon before going for a TD. This will help you get the average FE for the kilometers you have driven during the TD. Try driving through the kind of traffic that you are likely to face and you should have a very good picture. Do keep in mind that the MID is optimistic to the tune of 7-10 %. Also the avg FE figures starts displaying only after you have driven 0.5 KM.

As an afterthought, may be the MODs can start quoting the avg FE on the MID achieved for the duration the car is with them during the TDs of the cars . I think that will help the official reviews even more complete !

coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 23:31   #1147
BHPian

Something on milage and MID with little bit off topic. What I heard from my brother who has a VW golf in UK is, if you keep resetting the milage in MID often, it's going to show higher value. I tested in my Nexon D. Once when I reset the trip B to 0 and went from office to home during late night at around 2:30am (distance of 12km), my usual way of driving in City mode showed 26.5kmpl in MID. I did a reset on the next day and it showed 26kmpl. I then left it for a month without reseting it. I still drive the same way but the avg was topping between 20 and 21. I check every nigh when I go home and it will be in 21.xx only. Experts can probably add to this or shed some light on this. (Mods, please move this post to appropriate thread if there is on specifically on this)
Old 19th April 2018, 07:04   #1148
BHPian

To all existing owners, what are the most common problems (if any) that you'll faced with the car?
Old 19th April 2018, 09:13   #1149
BHPian

The Nexon AMT has been reviewed by Autocar India. It'll only be available in the top end XZA+trim, for now. The review suggests that the AMT implementation is better in the diesel as compared to the petrol. There's still no word on the pricing.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20180418052106_nexonamtfrontthreefour1.jpg
(Photo courtesy: Autocar India)

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-408034
RoverX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 11:47   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
most common problems
Just this morning I noticed some rust on front discs on both the left and right wheels. I am also experiencing a mild thud when shifting from first gear and the Android Auto feature has not worked for me even once.
Old 19th April 2018, 12:38   #1151
BHPian

The AMT reviews are up. Only vehicle in the segment to offer driving modes + AMT. Autocar lauds the diesel nexon to be the best AMT available. That's some praise.

Autocar

Zigwheels

Last edited by PraNeel : 19th April 2018 at 12:44.
PraNeel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 18:05   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Which insurance provider has a cashless tie-up with Tata nationally, or specifically the Mangalore showroom. I have to buy insurance for my friend's car in the next couple of days and I think the SA mentioned National Insurance.
Old 21st April 2018, 10:59   #1153
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tata Nexon - IPL Edition.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image1.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image7.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image3.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image2.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image4.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image6.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image8.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image9.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image5.jpeg

Received on WhatsApp.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 15:23   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Tata Nexon - IPL Edition.
Am I the only one who finds this extremely childish and absolutely not creative?
avingodb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 16:20   #1155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Am I the only one who finds this extremely childish and absolutely not creative?
+1. The IPL edition is too loud. But even without that, I am not able to find a color I like - inspite of all the combinations.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks