Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2018, 12:10   #1081
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Received my Grey Nexon yesterday. So far done 70 kms and the experience is fantastic. Delivery experience was below par, mainly in terms of cleaning and the usage of that sticky shiny stuff. I will take it to 3M over the next weekend to get a proper wash and wax and paint protecting the ORVMs. Have only added mudflaps and mats and plan to keep rest as stock. Otherwise, every accessory means more chrome!

I already feel that there should have been 2 usb ports since USB and Android Auto can't connect at the same time in present conditions. Also, Android Auto did not work today morning at it showed car has to be parked for it to begin. It was initially attempted in fact even before starting. Some help on that would be useful.

Here are the first 2 snaps of my new ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180404wa0015.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180404wa0013.jpg  

avingodb is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 13:20   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Received my Grey Nexon yesterday. So far.
Congrats on your ride! Looks gorgeous! I am totally in love with this colour, it looks so good on the road. Before the launch, I thought red looked better, but after the launch I feel this is the best suitable colour for Nexon!

Had they launched it atleast 3 months earlier, I would have bought it!

Last edited by prasathlr : 5th April 2018 at 13:25.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 14:50   #1083
BHPian

Guys any update with the new price hike across all Tata products which was expected and announced last month. Checking the website doesn't show any change in prices as of now. So it would be really nice if someone can confirm if the prices have been actually increased or not. Hoping to get a reply soon.

Last edited by Syed Monis : 5th April 2018 at 14:51.
Old 5th April 2018, 15:01   #1084
BHPian

Dear Avingodb,

Congratulations on your latest acquisition.

Grey and red both are equally good looking color in my opinion. Enjoy your beast to fullest and wish you many miles of trouble free journey ahead.
N4Nikunj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 16:56   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
My wife went to the showroom on 28th to complete the loan process so that we could take benefit of the pre-hike price. Loan was approved and the booking invoiced.

The sales executive informed that the car is available for delivery on Saturday. Will be going tomorrow or day after to do a PDI. We are so excited!
Completed the PRI today. The car was parked in Prerana's (Lalbagh Road, Bangalore) yard near their showroom. It was a 10 minute walk to the yard.

Did a 10 minute check to see if everything looked alright and was pretty satisfied. No scratches. Tyres were dirty. The Odometer had 104 kms on it. The Executive who accompanied me informed me that they get their cars delivered to their main yard at Nelamangala and drive it down by road from there. I'm still a little skeptical on that. Anybody who has taken delivery of cars from Prerana, Lalbagh can confirm this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Here's a link to a previous reply I had posted on another thread on handling charges
Cheers !
Thanks a lot for this Ironhide. I'm sending an email to the Customer Care. Let me see how this goes.

Quote:
Received my Grey Nexon yesterday. So far done 70 kms and the experience is fantastic.
Congrats on the car and it looks fab in this color too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Guys any update with the new price hike across all Tata products which was expected and announced last month. Checking the website doesn't show any change in prices as of now. So it would be really nice if someone can confirm if the prices have been actually increased or not. Hoping to get a reply soon.
Checked with Sales Executive here at the showroom in Bangalore and he mentioned that the prices will be hiked over the weekend and for now they are still continuing with the old prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragverma666 View Post
Congratulations a*ED on. We will be happy to gaze on some of the delivery pics if you would like to share them.
Here are some pics -
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-1.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-2.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-3.jpg  

a*ed is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 17:41   #1086
BHPian

Handling Charges waived after Hexa Customer writes to Tata Motors

Quote:
Thanks a lot for this Ironhide. I'm sending an email to the Customer Care. Let me see how this goes.
You're welcome a*ed! And congrats on the car - it looks great! You did the right thing by writing to TML Customer Care. I'm quoting / crossposting from another thread, wherein another BHPian wrote to the Customer Care regarding the handling charges that the dealer had mentioned for his Hexa and got a quick and positive reply from TML, and eventually the handling charges were waived. Looks like Tata Motors are really taking customer opinion seriously - a refreshing change from the slow, bureaucratic ways of yore. Hopefully, it should work out positively in your case too !

Cheers !

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Guys, Tata motors is fantastic! Yesterday, I wrote to Tata motors customer care adding a kind notice to the CEO regarding handling charges or customer care charges as its being called now and asked them to waiver it off.

Morning I got a mail saying the team was working on this and will get an update soon. Now the dealer called me saying Tata motors wrote to the dealership CEO regarding the matter who in turn asked the manager to look into it. And now half hour back its resolved.

To my discredit I did not ask the dealer about it rather directly wrote to Tata. Had I asked them the dealer they said they would have removed it then itself. But why should it be in the quotation in the first place, that's a discussion for another day.

I have never owned Tata vehicles but if this is the Tata motors of now, I think we folks buying their vehicles are in safe hands. And Hexa is one heck of a value for money product. 5 stars to Tata motors and the dealership! Thoroughly impressed, great job!

Last edited by Ironhide : 5th April 2018 at 17:44.
Ironhide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 18:33   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, @a*ed ! Wishing you many years of happy ownership of this lovely lil big car !
Quote:
The Executive who accompanied me informed me that they get their cars delivered to their main yard at Nelamangala and drive it down by road from there. I'm still a little skeptical on that. Anybody who has taken delivery of cars from Prerana, Lalbagh can confirm this?
This is correct. I have seen the location of the yard.

OT: Couple of other dealers have their yard on beyond Peenya.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 20:24   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Congrats, @a*ed ! Wishing you many years of happy ownership of this lovely lil big car !
Thanks condor. I'll pass on the wishes to my wife as she's the primary owner/user

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
This is correct. I have seen the location of the yard.

OT: Couple of other dealers have their yard on beyond Peenya.
But, isn't the Odometer reading of 104 kms a tad high since Nelamangala is only around 30kms from the showroom?
Old 5th April 2018, 21:03   #1089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But, isn't the Odometer reading of 104 kms a tad high since Nelamangala is only around 30kms from the showroom?
100 on odo at delivery is ok. Could have been driven to their service centres also. Unlike earlier times, there are dedicated TD cars, so these cars are normally not used for TD or even by employees.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 22:21   #1090

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. Use Thanks button instead of posting a one liner just to say thanks.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by .anshuman : 6th April 2018 at 08:57. Reason: See note in post
anuragverma666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 22:52   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Congrats on your ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4Nikunj View Post
Dear Avingodb,Congratulations
Quote:
Congrats on the car and it looks fab in this color too.
Thanks everyone!

My second observation for the day is the space next to clutch interferes with left foot when the clutch is pressed and that could have been avoided in design. My second effort at android auto connection also did not work. It asks confirmation to connect and then it says the car is not in park mode, even when it is!

I completed my first full drive of 120 kms and drove a colleague around too and showed off the drive modes and the audio setup.

Edit: a*ed one way to ensure that the car was not used for demo is to check the number of phones it has stored in bluetooth connect list. Mine had 3 numbers and 2 were of the sales executives and one of the PDI checkup guy at the agency.

Last edited by avingodb : 5th April 2018 at 23:14.
avingodb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 05:22   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
My second effort at android auto connection also did not work. It asks confirmation to connect and then it says the car is not in park mode, even when it is!

Edit: a*ed one way to ensure that the car was not used for demo is to check the number of phones it has stored in bluetooth connect list. Mine had 3 numbers and 2 were of the sales executives and one of the PDI checkup guy at the agency.
Congratulations first of all for the new ride.

For Android Auto you will have to use the original phone cable and the connection issue will be sorted.

I had around 60 KM's on odo during my PDI in Concorde dairy circle and about 3 Bluetooth connectivity. I asked them about it and was told it's their PDI checks and I can be rest assured that it's a brand new vehicle.

Congratulations once again and wish you many happy miles.

Last edited by 0nubhav : 6th April 2018 at 05:25. Reason: Additional details
0nubhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 09:55   #1093
Senior - BHPian

I think I started the grey trend! Glasgow Grey suits the 'car with its myriad lines and cuts', blending everything beautifully. The 3M treatment had made mine a shade deeper, almost bordering on black, and is a pretty sight indeed.

JD Power guys had called but since I was in a meeting, had asked to call over the weekend. I have nothing but praise for Tata Motors, be in Product or Service. But Software updates were not done in my car. No news on Apple Car Play as yet. There is this BCM update which will give me Auto Folding Mirror but haven't heard from them at all. Mine is the first batch from the October series, but not even one call from Tata Motors asking how we are doing. Has success gone to their head I wonder!

Quote:
Received my Grey Nexon yesterday. I will take it to 3M over the next weekend to get a proper wash and wax and paint protecting the ORVMs. Have only added mudflaps and mats and plan to keep rest as stock. Otherwise, every accessory means more chrome!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_9801.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 11:29   #1094
BHPian

A gentle reminder to the mods here about the March 2018 sales numbers. The sales numbers are not out yet surprisingly as you used to give out the numbers very early which every BHPian loves to read out anxiously.

I am more interested in the Compact SUV numbers actually especially Nexon so would love to get the number of Nexons sold in March 2018. I expect the numbers to be increasing by each passing month thanks to the quality product Tata has produced. Not that the numbers aren't bad but i would love to see the likes of Maruti's getting lesser share by each passing month thanks to their flimsy quality of the materials and the monopoly which they have in Indian Automobile sector. Just want people to think beyond Maruti so that it keeps a level playing field for all the other brands.
Old 6th April 2018, 12:45   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
A gentle reminder to the mods here about the March 2018 sales numbers. The sales numbers are not out yet surprisingly as you used to give out the numbers very early which every BHPian loves to read out anxiously.
They are usually out by 7th or 8th of a month. So i guess we'll have the thread up by over the weekend.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks