Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2018, 12:39   #1831
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Nexon owners!

where have you put the Fastag in your nexons? Can anyone please share a pic for reference? I have received mine and I think it will have to be put below the black patch in the centre right?

I did not get mine from the dealership. I have bought from outside before my upcoming road-trip.

Hint: Epic road-trip coming up!
Old 17th December 2018, 13:13   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Nexon owners!

where have you put the Fastag in your nexons? Can anyone please share a pic for reference? I have received mine and I think it will have to be put below the black patch in the centre right?

I did not get mine from the dealership. I have bought from outside before my upcoming road-trip.

Hint: Epic road-trip coming up!
Behind the IRVM. It works but I noticed at some toll gates the guy had to come out with RFID gun and in one case put his head inside the car.
teknicsand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 17:03   #1833
Distinguished - BHPian

I found the feature of having the option to turn on the reverse cam when in any gear a little weird. Which means when I am driving forward, I can switch on the reverse cam and see the view behind. Was pretty distracting when the SA did it when I was driving. I suppose it can be helpful if you are stopped and unknowingly creeping back or something.

Still seemed to be a strange feature to have. They should have removed this and kept that rear charging port.
Old 18th December 2018, 11:08   #1834

Quote:
Its winters and I am having a bit of challenge using auto AC which I am doing for the first time in cold season.
Actually this happens in our Zest as well. It gives out warm air for a while and then goes back to cool mode gradually if set at around 20-22. Its just the behaviour of the auto AC I guess. Hope this helps!
zestyi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 11:28   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zestyi10 View Post
Actually this happens in our Zest as well.
thank you for your reply and for choosing this post as your first post on the forum. So welcome!
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 11:37   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
Nexon owners!

When I bought the car, the SA wanted to put it right in the middle of the windshield, as though that was the most important part of the car. Yes, you read it right, in the middle, both vertically and horizontally. That was insane, how am I supposed to drive with this thing there.

I asked him to put it at the top right corner. He said it may not work and I told him, "don't worry, I won't blame you if it doesn't work". It's working fine so far.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 12:21   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I asked him to put it at the top right corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
Behind the IRVM.

thank you!
And usually the RFID readers are on the driver side right?
Old 18th December 2018, 13:27   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
thank you!
And usually the RFID readers are on the driver side right?

Sorry, I realize now that what I said was ambiguous. I did mean the driver's side.
Old 18th December 2018, 18:48   #1839
BHPian

I am new to team-BHP and what better thread for my first post, than the one that concerns the car i drive. I have been experiencing a weird steering noise: something akin a metallic spring winding/unwinding. Highlighted this to the service advisor during the 22.5k kms routine check-up. They did some steering calibration and now the noise has reduced. Anyone else experiencing similar sound?
Old 18th December 2018, 20:01   #1840
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
I am new to team-BHP and what better thread for my first post, than the one that concerns the car i drive. I have been experiencing a weird steering noise: something akin a metallic spring winding/unwinding. Highlighted this to the service advisor during the 22.5k kms routine check-up. They did some steering calibration and now the noise has reduced. Anyone else experiencing similar sound?
I think it is the EPS motor at work.
Old 19th December 2018, 10:49   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
Nexon owners!

Mine is a little to the left of the IRVM (towards passenger side) and works fine too. The key is to get the car down in first gear and drive slowly through the toll plaza.
Old 20th December 2018, 11:11   #1842

Hi Guys. I have a Nexon XZ+ (P) and it has run for over 15,000 km. Being in Coorg most of the runs are in the ghats. I am facing the issue of a screeching sound coming from my brakes everytime I apply them.
I discussed with the SA in my last visit, he checked and said it was due to accumulation of foreign particles and dust on the discs and he cleaned the same. The noise was reduced but the same thing restarted after another 250 km of drive. Anybody else having the same problem?
Old 21st December 2018, 07:08   #1843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kireet View Post
Hi Guys. I have a Nexon XZ+ (P) and it has run for over 15,000 km. Being in Coorg most of the runs are in the ghats. I am facing the issue of a screeching sound coming from my brakes everytime I apply them.
I discussed with the SA in my last visit, he checked and said it was due to accumulation of foreign particles and dust on the discs and he cleaned the same. The noise was reduced but the same thing restarted after another 250 km of drive. Anybody else having the same problem?
Yes. I am seeing similar issue with my Ertiga. But here due to bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore. SA mentioned about powder formation due to friction between brake pad and disk. Not surprised to hear this. Keep brakes clean was the advice from SA. Not sure how to do it in dusty surroundings and with constant application of brakes.
Old 21st December 2018, 08:32   #1844
BHPian

The screeching sound usually is a result of accumulation of foreign particles on the brake discs only. Cleaning will surely help but it should not return very soon after cleaning. If your car is used less/parked more, then minor rust formation on discs can also result in such sounds. Even i face this issue in my XZ+ Diesel, although my running is quite high (23k kms in 10 months). In my case the sound is pretty less and i tend to ignore it. It was there in my Zest as well, and is there in my wife's Celerio as well. Nothing to worry about.
Old 23rd December 2018, 01:06   #1845
BHPian

The day has finally arrived. I would be going to take the delivery of my Glasgow Grey XZ+ Nexon today. I was waiting for AMT variant to come in CSD however no one has any idea about the Eta. Moreover, read the news about the price hike in 2019 so thought that I should go for the manual version. Also, the insurance and tyres of my Vista VX were due in January so thought it would be wise to purchase the new car now. This would be the 9th Tata car in my family. List of the cars we have owned goes like this-
Indica V2
Indica Dlx Turbo
IndiGo ecs
Manza Aura
Yet another Manza
Vista VX
Tiago XT
HEXA XT
And now the Nexon

The Vista has served me well and never in 6+ years of ownership had given any issues. Slight hiccups were and are bound to happen but nothing is flawless. I never left an opportunity to flaunt my vehicle and the features in that price segment.

Not sure how this day is going to pass!
racsaxen is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks