Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2018, 12:26   #1816
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
It would be a good data if somebody tries tank full method with only Sports, only City and only Eco mode separately for petrol and diesel.
I drive my Nexon in Sports Mode only and I love it. Regarding FE, I have extracted 16+ in the same mode with
- a mix of spirited and sedate driving
- AC always on
- Medium to light traffic.

In heavy traffic or bumper-to-bumper situations, it does comes down to 10-11 kmpl
mroutlander is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 12:52   #1817
BHPian

Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
As per my understanding, when you switch to SPORTS mode, the torque and power curves shift up which indicates the max torque and power would be now delivered at higher rpms. In other words you need work out the engine more to extract power or in case of automatics it holds on to a gear for a longer period (higher rpms) so as to extract max power. In city mode, the torque and power curves shift down so as to provide better drivability. So while in City it is better to use the City mode.

Note : This is as per my understanding, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I agree with your point. The city mode is made for a reason. Early torque, lesser gear shifts, better drive-ability akin to city driving. When you want to thrash it around, push the sports button.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 19:54   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Took a TD of 3 cars in a day: Nexon AMT, Verna AT and Compass MT. All diesels, all types of GBs and all from different segments

The ride and handling is quite good in Nexon. I was half expecting it to be this good, so a nice surprise. The feedback from the steering is also acceptable and can live with. Now the AMT gearbox in City mode is pretty decent but gives good head nods when driven in Sport mode. I did not drive it aggressively, yet the Sport mode had that typical AMT head nod. Its only good for highways when you typically cruise in one gear for longer duration. I would say the City mode is what this car should be driven in if you want somewhat flawless gear shifts. BTW the music system in Nexon is class apart in its segment!!!

Verna AT felt much better in comparison but then its not apple to apple comparison to begin with. Just an observation between AMT and TC AT.
neoonwheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 19:13   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Verna AT felt much better in comparison but then its not apple to apple comparison to begin with. Just an observation between AMT and TC AT.
Yeah. I would assume so. CVTs and TC ATs do one-up AMTs in terms of drive dynamics. That said, the newer AMTs in the market, including the one in Nexon, are substantially better than the ones we had say, 2-3 years ago.
Old 12th December 2018, 17:22   #1820
BHPian

Took a short TD of Nexon Diesel AMT last week and must say that I was impressed with the drivability in normal mode. Drove mostly in city traffic and didn't feel the need for extra torque that too with 4 people in the car.

Interiors quality seems to be quite good.

The only thing I disliked is that the sitting position doesn't give you that SUVish feeling (Bonnet was not visible).

Overall a fantastic product.
Old 15th December 2018, 09:49   #1821
Senior - BHPian

The power socket at the back is great to have. (Unfortunately, the feature is deleted in new Nexons). Since we are avid readers and needed a reading light, was on the lookout for a properly rated (shouldn't strain the eye) co-pilot map light for a year now! This Osram light is available only in UK (Not even US), for 29 pounds. Pardon the image quality as it's really bright
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_5315.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_5095.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 13:09   #1822
BHPian

Its winters and I am having a bit of challenge using auto AC which I am doing for the first time in cold season.
If the outside temperature is low, say 15 or 16 and I set AC at 22 then it becomes too hot but at 21.5 suddenly air become cool again. Also for a while, hot air comes out of central vents only while corner vents continue to recirculate cool air.
Old 16th December 2018, 13:50   #1823
Senior - BHPian

WOW! Beautifully wrapped Nexon here. Tata should consider Blue dual tone for Silver Nexon.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 21:34   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Its winters and I am having a bit of challenge using auto AC which I am doing for the first time in cold season.
If the outside temperature is low, say 15 or 16 and I set AC at 22 then it becomes too hot but at 21.5 suddenly air become cool again. Also for a while, hot air comes out of central vents only while corner vents continue to recirculate cool air.
One idea to solve this is to gradually rise the temperature to required temperature. Most cases this will work. It will hold onto higher temperatures easy once it reaches there
MuzzledMoose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 23:45   #1825
BHPian

Dear Friends

So after waiting for the AMT version in CSD for last 3 months. I finally booked the XZ+ model. Now I know the sounds system is awesome however I would still love to add my powered subwoofer. Has anyone in the forum installed any subwoofer in the XZ+ variant?

Regards
R
Old 17th December 2018, 07:25   #1826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racsaxen View Post
Has anyone in the forum installed any subwoofer in the XZ+ variant?
My under seat sub is detailed out in this thread at the very beginning. Adds to the already spectacular sound! Also, I wanted to preserve boot space so this suits me fine.

By the way, I was not happy with the budget seat covers available in India. Waited a year almost, to get a guy (who used to work for Stanley) to do mine - yesterday (in Bangalore).

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image14.png

Tata Nexon : Official Review-d6a60b723f66404991dc6e2b57ed3b0b.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 17th December 2018 at 08:20. Reason: Format fixed
Sebring is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 08:03   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My underseat sub is detailed out in this thread at the very beginning. Adds to the already spectacular sound!
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I am going to retain the Fusion subwoofer from my current Tata Vista. By any chance, would have the pics of the stereo to show how it looks while it is out of the dash? What I am looking for is if the stereo has any option for adding a subwoofer or would I have to go to with the age old splicing of a speaker wire?

Last edited by ampere : 17th December 2018 at 08:20. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 17th December 2018, 09:05   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends

So after waiting for the AMT version in CSD for last 3 months. I finally booked the XZ+ model. Now I know the sounds system is awesome however I would still love to add my powered subwoofer. Has anyone in the forum installed any subwoofer in the XZ+ variant?

Regards
R
I have installed the orignal accessory Blaupunkt xlf underseat subwoofer but it is very average. Better to go aftermarket.
Old 17th December 2018, 10:53   #1829
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon : Official Review

Yes, the whole system needs to be removed. It is quite a chore and very intricate, so I entrusted it to the professionals DB Base in Bangalore. Took half a day. Power was tapped from front speakers, so there was no cutting of wires and warranty is intact. Hand does not reach these places to take a pic... but plz do not attempt a DIY. That is my advise!

Quote:
By any chance, would have the pics of the stereo to show how it looks while it is out of the dash?

Last edited by Sebring : 17th December 2018 at 10:55.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 11:49   #1830
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a TD of the Nexon Petrol AMT yesterday and came away impressed. Apart from the initial lag in gear 1/2, the AMT seems pretty polished and very close to how a typical AT would behave. Way ahead of the AMT's I have driven on the Maruti's.

The other cars I drive frequently are the Ford Ecosport DCT and my own Vento TSI DSG. Felt the AMT very close to the Ford Ecosport DCT. That, for an AMT is a pretty good achievement in my opinion. The Turbo Petrol also does a good job of masking some of the typical AMT inefficiencies.

The drive was to consider the Nexon for a family member. Impressed with the overall package and we are on the verge of booking it. Waiting for the best offer they can give on the current lot of cars (Pre-5 star). Apparently the price is going up from Jan.

On the downside, Felt the actual rear width a little cramped for 3 (comparing with the current ride which is an i20), maybe a perception. The seats also seemed a little too cushy for my liking. Not deal breakers in any way. The deletion of the rear charging point from the feature list was disappointing.

Also experienced the inconsistent sales experience. We had called Concord motors and fixed an appointment at 5pm on Sunday evening for the TD. Reached there by 4 itself, the car was out for another drive and we were told it will be back only by 5pm. We were ok and said we would wait as we had said 5pm initially. Few minutes later that 5pm became 6pm and no chance of the TD on that day.

Walked out disappointed. Called up Kropex (Hosur Road) which is a new dealer and they had the vehicle. Went there and it was a good experience.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 17th December 2018 at 11:51.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks