Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 9th December 2018, 12:26   #1816

Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
It would be a good data if somebody tries tank full method with only Sports, only City and only Eco mode separately for petrol and diesel.
I drive my Nexon in Sports Mode only and I love it. Regarding FE, I have extracted 16+ in the same mode with
- a mix of spirited and sedate driving
- AC always on
- Medium to light traffic.

In heavy traffic or bumper-to-bumper situations, it does comes down to 10-11 kmpl
mroutlander is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 12:52   #1817
BHPian

Default Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
As per my understanding, when you switch to SPORTS mode, the torque and power curves shift up which indicates the max torque and power would be now delivered at higher rpms. In other words you need work out the engine more to extract power or in case of automatics it holds on to a gear for a longer period (higher rpms) so as to extract max power. In city mode, the torque and power curves shift down so as to provide better drivability. So while in City it is better to use the City mode.

Note : This is as per my understanding, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I agree with your point. The city mode is made for a reason. Early torque, lesser gear shifts, better drive-ability akin to city driving. When you want to thrash it around, push the sports button.
Waspune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 19:54   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Took a TD of 3 cars in a day: Nexon AMT, Verna AT and Compass MT. All diesels, all types of GBs and all from different segments

The ride and handling is quite good in Nexon. I was half expecting it to be this good, so a nice surprise. The feedback from the steering is also acceptable and can live with. Now the AMT gearbox in City mode is pretty decent but gives good head nods when driven in Sport mode. I did not drive it aggressively, yet the Sport mode had that typical AMT head nod. Its only good for highways when you typically cruise in one gear for longer duration. I would say the City mode is what this car should be driven in if you want somewhat flawless gear shifts. BTW the music system in Nexon is class apart in its segment!!!

Verna AT felt much better in comparison but then its not apple to apple comparison to begin with. Just an observation between AMT and TC AT.
neoonwheels is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 19:13   #1819

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Verna AT felt much better in comparison but then its not apple to apple comparison to begin with. Just an observation between AMT and TC AT.
Yeah. I would assume so. CVTs and TC ATs do one-up AMTs in terms of drive dynamics. That said, the newer AMTs in the market, including the one in Nexon, are substantially better than the ones we had say, 2-3 years ago.
mroutlander is offline   Reply With Quote