Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2019, 19:40   #1876
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Yes, white roof option was recently added by Tata.
On the 5-star rated car, don't blindly believe what the SA says, just refer to the GNCAP website. Quoting directly from the GNCAP website " This result is valid for all Nexon units produced as from December 7th,2018 (from VIN MAT627165JLP51255)". There is no way a November manufactured VIN matches this criterion.
On a different note, there are not many changes in the 5-star rated car. The 4-star one is equally good and you can pick one up if you wish to save costs. Starting January the prices will increase and subsequently the offers will also reduce. Take your decision.
I have been waiting for my 5-star XZ+ to be allotted for the last 3 weeks!! Wrote to Tatamotors customer care, and received the same response ("we have forwarded your issue and our team will look into it") multiple times. No one bothers to even call me and update me of the status. Even the dealer doesn't have an idea. I didn't expect TM to be this oblivious to customer experience.
I am beginning to think that the friendly Mahindra maybe a better option (going by the threads on teambhp), now that XUV300 is almost here. Have had a frustrating buying experience with the elusive Nexon.
Old 4th January 2019, 08:27   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirban001 View Post
I am beginning to think that the friendly Mahindra maybe a better option (going by the threads on teambhp), now that XUV300 is almost here. Have had a frustrating buying experience with the elusive Nexon.
I can understand your frustration as i went through the same when i booked my XZ+ in January 2018. There was no movement for the first 3 weeks and the dealer had a different story to tell everyday. However, in the fourth week dealer called and informed that my car has been allocated and dispatched. All my anger went down the drain after hearing that and my car was with me within 10 days. I suggest you keep your cool for a few more days: December shutdown, old 4-star stock in plant and what not! All these factors actually impact deliveries sometimes. In a lot of situations, even the dealer is helpless as he is being pushed the old stock from the OEM. Its a complicated relation that the OEM and dealers share.

On the other hand, do have a look at the 3OO as well. The product looks promising, at least on paper. The only issue is that it will be launched in 1.5 months from now and by then your Nexon will be with you. If you are not in a hurry, you can actually postpone your decision and have a look at 3OO as well. You never know!
tarik.arora is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 14:46   #1878
Team-BHP Support

New commercial for TATA Nexon for 2019, focussing on the 5* safety aspect -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 18:35   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Yes I did. I booked XZA+ (Petrol) on 25th Dec and insisted on 5-star rated car.

SA told there's only 1 5* rated car in stock at Tata Motors factory in White ST colour & we blocked it. I got the VIN next day & confirmed it's a 5-star one.
Congratulations Asethi

Please could you share how did you confirm the 5 star rating ?
Old 7th January 2019, 01:33   #1880
BHPian

Hello Friends
Took delivery of a silver Nexon XZ+
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20190107012144_gallery.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Quoting directly from the GNCAP website " This result is valid for all Nexon units produced as from December 7th,2018 (from VIN MAT627165JLP51255)"
Can anyone ascertain whether my Nexon XZ+ ST -
VIN MAT627162JLP52405
is a 4 star or 5 star vehicle?

The SA checked the Manufacture date to be 1st December, which is just before the 7th December timeline for 5 star vehicles mentioned above.

But the car HAS the passenger Seat belt warning.
And the Software version is dated 28th November.

Also the VIN 52405 is after 51255 , but the model no. 627162 is different from 627165 which could be for different Variants.

Tyres are of LOT 4618 which is November

Here is the Form 22
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190105wa0027.jpg
The GST date is 28-12-2018
Does that mean the SA has made an error?

Would appreciate inputs from folks
Thanks

Last edited by JS Kwt : 7th January 2019 at 01:38.
JS Kwt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 08:52   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
Does that mean the SA has made an error?

Would appreciate inputs from folks
Thanks

Congratulations on your new car!! I too have the same doubt. I have received VIN for my XZ+ Diesel(yet to be delivered) which has the model no as 627162 and the VIN is 52987.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th January 2019 at 10:15. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 7th January 2019, 13:54   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends
Took delivery of a silver Nexon XZ+
Congrats!! Could you please share breakup of cost incurred by you.

Wanted to buy one but waiting for 5*.Did SA confirmed that it is 5*?Here in NCR SA told me that 5* would be available only after mid jan hence didnt book.

Last edited by sparkguy : 7th January 2019 at 14:03.
Old 7th January 2019, 17:20   #1883
Distinguished - BHPian

I test drove a red petrol Nexon XZ+ here for my manager today. He also took a shot at TD-ing it.

My impressions:
1) Weird clutch. Or maybe it was the TD vehicle in particular - trying to move out of a complete stop in 1st gear, when I pressed the clutch, it went in 100% with 0 resistance. The first time I tried it, I had to look if I had pressed the clutch or a crumpled piece of paper! Letting the clutch go was too easy and we stalled the car probably 10 times. Then I learnt how to make my peace with it. I detest that TD car's clutch completely.
2) Low roof height for me (6'4") and my manager (6'1") at the front. Claustrophobia ahoy!
3) We could feel the thrum of the 3 cylinder through the soles of our shoes when idling.
4) As the official review mentions, the engine noise is heard as a throaty growl inside. I liked it too!
5) Forget about seating 3 people in the rear seat.
6) Nil bodyroll when swinging through corners at a decent speed. Nice.
7) Hard suspension indeed! We could feel the car shifting from one concrete slab to the next even at 50 Kmph.
9) The 'city' mode and the 'sport' mode are the ones you can drive in practically.
10) I hadn't read the official review fully yet. I was trying to figure out the turbo's deadzone and my guess after experimenting with it was that the turbo kicks in at 2000 RPM roughly. Although I'm wrong (the review mentions that the lag exists below 1600 RPM), the car surely felt sluggish below 2000 RPM in all 3 drive modes.

We tried but couldn't get any mention of a deep discount on their 2018 stock. Maybe demand is so high for the Nexon that we couldn't arm-twist them for a deep discount on prior year stock.

PS: The salesperson mentioned that the 5 Star rated Nexons are those that have been manufactured from December 2018 or afterwards.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 18:11   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
1) Weird clutch. Or maybe it was the TD vehicle in particular - trying to move out of a complete stop in 1st gear, when I pressed the clutch, it went in 100% with 0 resistance. The first time I tried it, I had to look if I had pressed the clutch or a crumpled piece of paper! Letting the clutch go was too easy and we stalled the car probably 10 times. Then I learnt how to make my peace with it. I detest that TD car's clutch completely.
It must be the vehicle you test drove. When I test drove an XZ+ several months ago, the clutch was fine. It needs some getting used to the first and second gears though due to jerkiness. But I have read in a different forum that you will learn how to correctly use the clutch to reduce the jerking.
Old 7th January 2019, 18:13   #1885
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Asethi
Thank you!

Quote:
Please could you share how did you confirm the 5 star rating ?
Two things - first the VIN is after the one mentioned in public notice and second, this model has seat belt reminder for passenger also.

I got the car delivered yesterday and SA told this is first 5-star Nexon delivered in Bangalore, at least through their dealership network (KHT Motors), though am not sure.

Edit: And I realized after writing this post that you have also bought Nexon, hence this dilemma. I haven't yet checked my car's exact date of manufacture but my VIN is 52890, which is quite after than 51255.

Last edited by asethi : 7th January 2019 at 18:42. Reason: Added text
asethi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 19:14   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Jakku, quite a few detailed updates there from you. However, would suggest you create an ownership thread for your Nexon, where specific details like fuel filling can be put in. IMO, this thread could be for common discussions.
Hello Condor, this was the spark which ignited the fire to write an ownership review, thank you for this. Here is the link --> https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...za-diesel.html (My new car - Tata Nexon XZA+ Diesel)

Even writing one's experience is by no means an easy task, I am now admiring the skills of all the authors whom I have read; it is an art and skill and now I respect them even more.

My only experience in writing is the office emails and the different posts I have written here in this forum. I was finding it difficult to put the things together ensuring the readers will get something from it. To be honest, at one stage I thought of scrapping it, but somehow pulled enough energy to complete that and notify the moderators about completing my review.

I got a rejection mail saying it is still not complete and asked me to review and make it more comprehensive. I re-read what I have written (then I realised how difficult it is to read one's own essay) and couldn't figure out what needs to be added. The next day, I read my review again and realised, I had not actually "reviewed" the car, but rather shared my experience with it. I started re-writing the "review" part of my car, could not finish it during the weekend and then the following day, I left to Kerala for my vacation. I could not get any time to complete it while I was away and then came back to Bangalore and completed it on the first weekend. However, this time, I could meet the stringent quality standards and this is now moved for public view.

My sincere heartfelt gratitude to the moderators who does maintain this quality and that too taking time off their personal life after work. Thanks moderators.

Last edited by Jakku : 7th January 2019 at 19:17. Reason: Correcting grammar mistake
Jakku is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 00:43   #1887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Congratulations on your new car!! I too have the same doubt. I have received VIN for my XZ+ Diesel(yet to be delivered) which has the model no as 627162 and the VIN is 52987.
Thanks Johny.
Congratulations on your booking as well.
I have inquired with SA regarding 627162 but no answer yet.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20190107232953_chrome.jpg
I deduced from this post of KA18
that
627165 = XZ+
627163 = XZ
627161 = XT
627221 = XM
627121 = XE
This sequence hints that 627162 is a lower variant - in between XZ and XT
BUT
It could also be that 627162 is a new code for 5 star Nexons ?
Because my Nexon has Passenger Seat Warning Beep + a separate passenger ICON Alert is displayed on MID.
Now i just want to be sure if there was any additional strengthening of the Side Impact Beams ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
I haven't yet checked my car's exact date of manufacture but my VIN is 52890, which is quite after than 51255.
Please could you share your full VIN,
Is it 627165 or 627162 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Congrats!! Could you please share breakup of cost incurred by you.
Cost Break-up

983552 Ex Showroom XZ+ Single Tone
+ 87584 Rto
+ 5999 Insurance ( 51500 Insurance Waiver Offer for 2018)
+ 4421 Zero Dep
= 10,81,556
- 5000 Corporate Discount
- 7000 Dealer Discount
- 7444 Additional Negotiations Discount
= 10,60,000
Minus another 15000 Exchange Discount for Old Vehicle
So it would come to 10,45,000 on paper, but ideally it is 10,60,000 as i feel the 15k is actually part of the Max Value your Exchange vehicle would have got.

Other Optional extras added
+ 11900 Extended Warranty 2+2 years
+ 7899 P2P Plan for 4 years
+ 2412 3M Anti Rust Underbody Treatment

* Total Discounts for 2018 model would amount to 80,000
45,000 Insurance Discount Offer
20,000 Dealer Discount
15,000 Car Exchange Discount

Parting Shots

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20190108_005450.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20190107_155719.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20190107_155705.jpg

Last edited by JS Kwt : 8th January 2019 at 00:59.
JS Kwt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 06:17   #1888
Senior - BHPian

Michelin Primacy? That's the best tyre. I used my Bridgestone for 8K KMS before trading them for these, you're very lucky to get these straight from the factory. Saved you 40K, straight off.
And, Congrats on your Silver Steed. Suddenly, a lot of Nexons in this colour!

Quote:
Michelin Primacy
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 07:49   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
I deduced from this post of KA18
that
627165 = XZ+
627163 = XZ
627161 = XT
627221 = XM
627121 = XE
This sequence hints that 627162 is a lower variant - in between XZ and XT
BUT
It could also be that 627162 is a new code for 5 star Nexons ?
Because my Nexon has Passenger Seat Warning Beep + a separate passenger ICON Alert is displayed on MID.
Now i just want to be sure if there was any additional strengthening of the Side Impact Beams ?

Please could you share your full VIN,
Is it 627165 or 627162 ?
Glad that you have decoded My VIN is MAT627162JLP52987. I enquired with SA a week back on this VIN and he confirmed that its a 5 star rated car but still yet to receive the invoice copy with all the relevant details to support his statement.
Johnnny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 09:44   #1890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I test drove a red petrol Nexon XZ+ here for my manager today. He also took a shot at TD-ing it.

5) Forget about seating 3 people in the rear seat.

PS: The salesperson mentioned that the 5 Star rated Nexons are those that have been manufactured from December 2018 or afterwards.
Nexon has a very light clutch. May be you are used to driving a vehicle with a little heavy clucth. The first time you drive a nexon, it hits you hard. I realised this last week after i drove my BIL's Brezza for a brief distance. I am now used to my Nexon's super light clutch and driving the Brezza immediately pointed to this difference.

Have you witnessed other vehicles in this segment? I think Nexon can still sit 3 people of medium built. Other competitors are even bad or just about equal at best.

Regrading the 5-star rated Nexon's, i think the NCAP certificate is causing confusion. IMO, if your car is equipped with passenger seat belt warning (and is December manufactured), it should be a 5-star rated car. Tata should have given some differentiation for 5-star rated nexon's. May be just a sticker at the rear windshield. This would have put all apprehensions to rest while giving a branding boost to their car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks