Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 1st October 2018, 12:19   #1726

Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
I have upgraded my low beam projectors to LED's. I Chose Philips Ultinon 6000; got them installed at a FNG. They are plug and play; no wires cut, hence I'm told that there will be no issues with the warranty. They cost about INR 7000 (appx) including installation.
I Made a couple of upgrades to my Nexon. Firstly did not use the branded lights, instead chose the LEDs with higher lumens and ofcourse plug and play, they worked much better and needed very little adjustment
Here is the entire video and the dust cover setup

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by ampere : 14th October 2018 at 01:11. Reason: typo fixed
rash3099 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2018, 12:56   #1727
BHPian

Not many updates on Nexon for a while now from any Bhpians. Please keep on updating your observations, both good and bad. This will help the the fellow BHpians to make their mind to go for Nexon (that includes me )
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2018, 09:16   #1728
BHPian

Some enthusiastic owners have arranged Tata Nexon Anniversary Drive to celebrate launch anniversary and Tata Motors is co-hosting it with them.

Great to see such energy and enthusiasm amongst the owners.

Name:  nexon_drive.jpg
Views: 1714
Size:  174.4 KB

FB Groups: UNO
TNT
DriveOnceMore is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2018, 20:58   #1729
BHPian

Has any Bhpian tried to get a center armrest for driver seat? I had a look at Kraz today and found there is no driver seat armrest. Reason being this car is with xt and xm spec. Now I think if one puts a cushion of say 3 to 4 inches thick on the center part between driver and passenger seats it will work perfectly as arm rest.
Two questions here. Has anybody found a solution to armrest miss? And could somebody get a solution from site such as aliexpress.com or so? For Honda jazz they have a cool solution for lower variant where they use the center bottle/cup holders to fit the removable armrest. Is there such a solution for nexon yet? As expected SA was unaware of anything of this sort.
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2018, 17:53   #1730
BHPian

Coming back to this thread after an interval.

Personally, I was going through a bad patch in life. Kerala floods; hospitalisation of my younger daughter; me getting onto a bed rest mode (which never was so) due to a fall from staircase and associated shoulder ligament injury; sickness of my elder daughter; all were keeping me busy and anxious. To add to the worries, the focus on official work was out and the things were piling there. Now I realise the meaning of proverb -- "while you have vision, you don't value the importance of it". My right hand was almost useless and painful and having to do things with one hand (that too not the prominent one) was difficult.

Coming back to the topic of this thread, I completed 2000KM in ODO and had 2 tankfuls in between; sharing the details below.

Few observations
- mileage in CITY mode is better than ECO mode.
- In ECO mode the car is mostly in 5th gear (normal traffic) at 60km speed and the instant mileage indicator is somewhere at 3 quarter level. It never moves to 6th gear unless the speed is beyond 80 kmph which I never go in city.
- In CITY mode the car is mostly in 4th gear at same speed and the instant mileage indicator is about 100% (one block or so less). It moves to 5th gear at times and then the instant mileage indicator drops to just above 50% mark. It never goes to 6th gear and to put it deliberately, I have to pull up to 90 kmph speed.
- I have never driven consistently in SPORTS mode, just used it for the sake of using it. I have used this while I was at a signal which is on a slope and I was going back when I release the brake. Whenever I have used it, I have seen a surge in accelaration. Once I complete the run-in of 3000KM, I will start using SPORTS mode.

Days taken to cover 25 -> 1000KM - 32 days
Days taken to cover 1001 -> 2000KM - 56 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
I crossed 1000 KM in ODO and did the third refill - tank full - and here are the statistics. (above quote has the details of second refill). As I had told earlier, this drive was 100% in CITY mode and what I see is a slight increase in the mileage. I am sure it has nothing to do with the mode or anything, but the fact that I can drive this car better now.
Date of 2nd fill - 28th July
Date of 3rd fill - 14th Aug
KM run - 472.8KM
Fuel consumed - 33.23 L
Mileage - 472.8/33.23 = 14.23KMPL.
Mileage recorded by MID - 19.4KMPL :: margin of error is still huge.
Date of 3rd fill - 14th Aug
Date of 4th fill - 16th Sep
KM run - 469
Fuel consumed - 34.95 L
Mileage - 469/34.95= 13.42KMPL.
Mileage recorded by MID - 18.3KMPL
Mode of drive -- ECO ::
Date of 4th fill - 16th Sep
Date of 5th fill - 7th Oct
KM run - 479KM
Fuel consumed - 35.49 L
Mileage - 479/35.49 = 13.5KMPL.
Mileage recorded by MID - 18.2KMPL
Mode of drive - ECO/ CITY mixed ::
I will keep updating this post at regular intervals.

I had planned 2 Kerala to-fro trips in Dec, but due to my injury, I can't take risk of driving that long and I am now going in train. So, I do not have an input for a long drive experience. I sincerely hope the trip in March 2019 can be done in car. Coming to the city driving experience, I am overwhelmed with the comfort and driving is also a pleasure. However, the blind spots are too pronounced that one have to be extra vigilant, esp. in crowded city lanes.

Last edited by Jakku : 15th October 2018 at 17:53. Reason: correction
Jakku is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote