Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2018, 13:26   #1636
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Not happy with Tata's sales . I was trying to get the answers to most of the questions I raised here from the SA. He had promised me to provide the details by Sunday (including accessories available). As expected he never got back. On Monday he called me and asked what have I decided (Kind of weird since I was waiting for info from him). He promised to get it by EOD Monday. No response and few minutes back today got a call from a lady asking same question, what have you decided about Nexon. Not sure if I have to laugh or reconsider going for a TATA vehicle (KHT motors, Domlur). I know Team BHP will provide all info needed here but SA has to do his job as well (if not smart enough he can refer to team BHP as well ), not sure if they are there for only paper work while buying the cars.

Have anybody observed this kind of strange out of sync and haphazard behavior from Tata sales?
My pre-sale experience is very similar as well. However, the product is very compelling for my use case, and I'm confident that I have the ability and inclination to handle any usual post-sale issues, so I'm going ahead, than looking at any competitor.
I'll be replacing my almost 5 year old EcoSport with the Nexon, for purely practical reasons, although my current steed is a brilliant no nonsense car. Let's see what I am able to say about the Nexon 5 years from now.
roy_libran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 14:24   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
My pre-sale experience is very similar as well. However, the product is very compelling for my use case, and I'm confident that I have the ability and inclination to handle any usual post-sale issues, so I'm going ahead, than looking at any competitor.
I'll be replacing my almost 5 year old EcoSport with the Nexon, for purely practical reasons, although my current steed is a brilliant no nonsense car. Let's see what I am able to say about the Nexon 5 years from now.
I would like to know your use case, simply because wanted to compare if my use case is worth buying this car. Ideally it will be used for city most of the times and sometimes for longer drives (>1000km) on highways. It is mainly for my wife who has huge driving experience (right from premier padmini days). I am planning for XM petrol considering limited usual drive in the city.

Do you think my use case is good for this car or should I look somewhere else.
Old 29th August 2018, 14:54   #1638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to know your use case, simply because wanted to compare if my use case is worth buying this car. Ideally it will be used for city most of the times and sometimes for longer drives (>1000km) on highways. It is mainly for my wife who has huge driving experience (right from premier padmini days). I am planning for XM petrol considering limited usual drive in the city.

Do you think my use case is good for this car or should I look somewhere else.

My Use Case, Preferences, Criteria -
  • About 2000 km of driving each month - 1000 city, 1000 highway - sometimes goes up to 2500 kms
  • My highway trips INEVITABLY take me to Rural/Remote/Forest regions, so I need excellent ground clearance and a smaller footprint helps
  • After a decade of driving AND ACTUALLY USING 4WD vehicles, my driving style is inextricably corrupted and I have a tendency to get into stuff that many wouldn't, with 2WD vehicles - particularly in Rural and Forest areas (birding trips). This is not to be confused with the demands of recreational off roading, but the practical off-roading that is a part of trail driving, crossing rivers, shallow trenches, slush patches, sandy areas etc.
  • I need to usually carry 2 adults and a child in comfort, and only rarely, 4 adults and a child, so the space accorded by a cross-over suffices
  • I won't buy a diesel again, because I personally view it nowadays as more polluting - irrespective of how many kilometers I drive or my need for a transfer case
  • I have been spoiled silly by the convenience offered by the Ecosport AT, so it has to have an Automatic with a Manual over-ride option
  • Again, because of the terrain I frequent, my cars are naturally subjected to some abuse, so I need something which offers a fairly robust build and fares high on safety stakes
  • I never ever drive over 120 kmph - my usual cruising speed is 80-90 kmph, but I can put in 4-5 hours at a stretch before needing a loo/tea break, so need that comfort but not the mad speed
  • In city traffic I tend to accelerate quickly, but then settle at 60-70 kmph - bad for kmpl though
  • I have taught my entire family, over the years, to pack light, irrespective of the length of the trip -1 kit bag/hand luggage per person - no exceptions
  • Has to have space left for my tools and recovery gear in the trunk - extra jack, full set of spanners, duct tape, tube, workman gloves, air pump, 5 ton tow rope, jumper cables, wooden plank, baseball bat
Everything else is a bonus from my point of view.
Based on the above, I went with the Petrol XMA.

Last edited by roy_libran : 29th August 2018 at 14:58.
roy_libran is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 16:30   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody observed this kind of strange out of sync and haphazard behavior from Tata sales?
From KHT motors, yes! Bought it from the same place. By the time the car was delivered to me I had already decided I won't be going back there for service. The showroom is in a poor shape and they still seem to be stuck in the old days.

The dealership experience certainly doesn't reflect on the quality of the product.

The dealer in question, or at least the SA in my case, was not well versed with the warranty, AMC etc either. I had to do the research and insist on getting it all in one go.
teknicsand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 16:35   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
The dealership experience certainly doesn't reflect on the quality of the product.

The dealer in question, or at least the SA in my case, was not well versed with the warranty, AMC etc either. I had to do the research and insist on getting it all in one go.
Here too, up North! I visited 2 Tata dealers in my vicinity and ended up routing the Purchase Order to one of them. Neither of them followed up sufficiently or thoroughly to achieve closure on my Lead. None of them tried to upsell any accessories, maintenance etc. - I may not have purchased - but I guess, they gotta try!
For me, it was purely a case of a very compelling product proposition that led me to the purchase. A slightly weaker product and they would have had no chance in hell.
In contrast, Honda and Nexa are following up with me even now, asking me to reconsider since I am still waiting for delivery and promising me immediate possession if I so please!
Old 29th August 2018, 17:40   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From KHT motors, yes! Bought it from the same place. By the time the car was delivered to me I had already decided I won't be going back there for service. The showroom is in a poor shape and they still seem to be stuck in the old days.
In that case what is the best service center for Tata in Bangalore in your opinion? My concern is if it falls some 10-20KM from home, it will be a complete mess since need to visit only over weekends. Driving to-fro this far over weekday is virtually impossible in Bangalore traffic and weekends, everybody will be servicing their car adding to negligence from service people due to work load
Old 29th August 2018, 18:16   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
In that case what is the best service center for Tata in Bangalore in your opinion? My concern is if it falls some 10-20KM from home, it will be a complete mess since need to visit only over weekends. Driving to-fro this far over weekday is virtually impossible in Bangalore traffic and weekends, everybody will be servicing their car adding to negligence from service people due to work load
I don't know which is the best one, but I decided to goto Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle.

Also if you buy one of warranty plans or P2P plans come with free pick up and drop.
teknicsand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 20:51   #1643
Senior - BHPian

When I first bought the car, last Oct, I'd been to Concorde, Dairy Circle but it was a 'pure Govt organisation' then (nothing moved to my satisfaction, and exchange dept was there for namesake) so I'd bid it goodbye. Recently they made a lot of changes (top-bottom) and we 'Nexonites' are all seeing a positive change and eagerness to serve. So I have started giving it there now! ECU was updated, Harman is now 12.5, a deep scratch was attended to, and slack brakes tightened - for zero cost. It was great going there! Alternately, Classic - in Yeshwanthpur is good!

Quote:
I don't know which is the best one, but I decided to goto Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexcon.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 21:41   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
When I first bought the car, last Oct, I'd been to Concorde, Dairy Circle but it was a 'pure Govt organisation' then (nothing moved to my satisfaction, and exchange dept was there for namesake) so I'd bid it goodbye. Recently they made a lot of changes (top-bottom) and we 'Nexonites' are all seeing a positive change and eagerness to serve. So I have started giving it there now! ECU was updated, Harman is now 12.5, a deep scratch was attended to, and slack brakes tightened - for zero cost. It was great going there! Alternately, Classic - in Yeshwanthpur is good!
Any idea on Concorde Outer Ring Road near Marathahalli? That is closest for me and assuming they are "Concorde" perhaps I can try my luck if I decide to buy Nexon.
Old 30th August 2018, 06:52   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I used to frequent ORR but I hear it's closed and is now merged with Mysore Road (Pls reconfirm). Arun, over there was great but the service station was too inside from the main road and that service road used to get jammed all the time.

Quote:
Any idea on Concorde Outer Ring Road near Marathahalli? That is closest for me and assuming they are "Concorde" perhaps I can try my luck if I decide to buy Nexon.
Old 30th August 2018, 08:52   #1646
Team-BHP Support

Was encouraging a friend to go for the Nexon ZX+ - but Maruti has thrown in a googly at the last moment with the SCross Zeta variant. Nexon ZX+ costs 9.68L as compared to the SCross Zeta which costs 9.98L, and the features seem to be evenly matched. SCross gets cruise control as well - which he is rather interested in.

Is there a big advantage for the Nexon, other than the 1.5 diesel engine and interior quality, that I'm missing out on? His main priorities are seating comfort, bootspace, good cruising ability and fuel efficiency.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th August 2018 at 08:54.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 09:00   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is there a big advantage for the Nexon, other than the 1.5 diesel engine?
No clear winner here - boils down to personal tastes. The S-Cross is almost like a Unicorn in the entire Suzuki line-up right now, i.e. it hardly belongs there!

Nexon wins - GC, A/D/RBO Angles, Overall build, Compact size for city, Diesel performance
S Cross wins - Lesser service uncertainty, Space, Comfort

...Choose your poison

Last edited by roy_libran : 30th August 2018 at 09:30.
roy_libran is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 12:52   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was encouraging a friend to go for the Nexon ZX+ - but Maruti has thrown in a googly at the last moment with the SCross Zeta variant. Nexon ZX+ costs 9.68L as compared to the SCross Zeta which costs 9.98L, and the features seem to be evenly matched. SCross gets cruise control as well - which he is rather interested in.

Is there a big advantage for the Nexon, other than the 1.5 diesel engine and interior quality, that I'm missing out on? His main priorities are seating comfort, bootspace, good cruising ability and fuel efficiency.
Both are more or less evenly matched in terms of features but based on the priorities listed, S Cross is the choice here (also since your friend prefers cruise control). The Nexon will have a better crusing ability though, due to the 6th gear.

Also your friend gets a bigger car at a negligible price difference. If he isn't concerned about the engine size and output then S Cross makes sense. The S Cross also gets all round disc brakes and hence gets a brownie point over Nexon.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 30th August 2018 at 12:59.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 20:44   #1649
BHPian

Got the delivery of my XZA+ petrol today. Drove about 20kms within the city and I find the 'eco' mode most comfortable (surprisingly). The 'city' mode feels too aggressive in the lower gears (1 and 2). Yet to explore the infotainment system that has tons of more features than the system in my good old Rapid.
Attached is a photo of its ceremonious welcome .
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180830_183258_2.jpg  

nma83 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 22:02   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata NEXON - its major supplier list!

Attachment 1782133
I like to add one more detail.

The PEPS system is supplied by a company named Marquardt India for top end variants while Hella supplies the standard remote key for other variants.
rst89 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks