Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2018, 21:38   #1516
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I also told him to to make the changes to the keyfob and headlight chamber by putting the silicon pads in place as discussed long time ago on this forum and his answer was again the same that if the update has been approved for my car then only it will be done. Not sure how true is that and why TATA head office will send emails regarding a particular car due for updates. They just roll out updates for every car once the updates have been tested and approved.
Hi Sayed, if I am not wrong you got your car in 2018. In that case above two modifications are done at factory itself. What TASS told you is correct, all the updates are as per VIN. If its listed in the Tata service software then only TASS is authorized to perform the updates. So don't worry.
pious_devil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 08:30   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
I took the delivery on Saturday. Here is the picture.
This refers to your lesson #1 regarding pressing the brake while changing to N etc. I had mentioned earlier that it is advisable when buying a new car and before using it on the road to read through the manual in detail. A lot of problems will be taken care of with the detailed knowledge about the vehicle and it's functioning.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding

Last edited by ampere : 19th July 2018 at 09:54.
ashokabs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 09:39   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Sorry for the noob question - is the gearshift supplier ZF same as the one as the ZF gearbox in BMW / Ford?

In any case, the part supplier list looks impressive!
Yes ZF is a large supplier to many auto makers - Budget to premium segments.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 10:31   #1519
BHPian

Quote:

For the time being, I am driving in ECO mode and will run this tank full in that fashion to check the mileage and then will switch to CITY mode and then in 3rd tank full will go to SPORT mode and will check mileage and compare them.
I doubt it would help either the mileage figure or the running in process. I would recommend using mode mix as per the situation. I use, for example, eco mode in bumper to bumper to control the surge factor, Sports to take speed after signals and city is the usual mode. Of course it may be absent in the AMT (I drive manual).
Wish you happy miles!
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 13:33   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I doubt it would help either the mileage figure or the running in process. I would recommend using mode mix as per the situation. ... Of course it may be absent in the AMT (I drive manual).
Wish you happy miles!
Thanks for the suggestion.
Yes, the mode selector is available in AMT version as well.
Old 19th July 2018, 14:19   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Hi Sayed, if I am not wrong you got your car in 2018. In that case above two modifications are done at factory itself. What TASS told you is correct, all the updates are as per VIN. If its listed in the Tata service software then only TASS is authorized to perform the updates. So don't worry.
Yes my car is March 2018 make and i took the delivery in May 2018. If the updates are for previous model car then i am really surprised why my car still had the August 2017 software version on infotainment system when the November 2017 version was already live. The issue i face with infotainment system is that it doesn't remember my settings and controls which i had set previously. Every time i start my car the whole setting is erased and i have to start afresh which makes my task even more difficult.
Old 19th July 2018, 17:15   #1522

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Finally Tata has introduced AMT on mid variant.

Source
I was visiting the showroom the other day for RTO formalities, and I heard that in Chennai (not sure about other cities) the RTO has not given permission yet for the XM variant of the AMT to be sold.

Customers are still told that there's a waiting period of 1 to 2 months for the particular variant.

So seems that the XMA variant of the Nexon will take some more time to start showing up on Chennai roads.
Old 19th July 2018, 17:50   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Yes my car is March 2018 make and i took the delivery in May 2018. If the updates are for previous model car then i am really surprised why my car still had the August 2017 software version on infotainment system when the November 2017 version was already live. The issue i face with infotainment system is that it doesn't remember my settings and controls which i had set previously. Every time i start my car the whole setting is erased and i have to start afresh which makes my task even more difficult.
You can create this as an issue in the tmsc app and they will update your infotainment software.

And what they said is correct, they can do the update only, if your VIN is listed for updation in their software.
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 19:56   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
A quick query to other XZA+ owners.
In the brochure, it is mentioned there are 2 units of 12V power socket; 1 in center console and 2nd one behind the LH rear seat. Howerver, in my car, I do not have the rear one. Is that the norm?
I have the socket behind the LH rear seat. The passenger side request sensor has however been removed.
Old 19th July 2018, 20:02   #1525
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I am facing this weird issue with my Nexon. Whenever I drive in the rain or whenever the car is parked outside in the rain with the cover, moisture gets formed inside the headlamp along the DRL. Explained it the service center guy. But he asked me to show him the photo for the reference. Unfortunately, I didn't have any pic of this at that moment and the issue was left unattended. Here is the pic of it. Please suggest if this is normal with other cars too? or should it be addressed immediately? Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180719wa0021.jpg  

Last edited by ThilakNex : 19th July 2018 at 20:03.
Old 19th July 2018, 21:26   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThilakNex View Post
Hello BHPians,

I am facing this weird issue with my Nexon. Whenever I drive in the rain or whenever the car is parked outside in the rain with the cover, moisture gets formed inside the headlamp along the DRL. Explained it the service center guy. But he asked me to show him the photo for the reference. Unfortunately, I didn't have any pic of this at that moment and the issue was left unattended. Here is the pic of it. Please suggest if this is normal with other cars too? or should it be addressed immediately? Thanks in advance.
The headlight assembly is sealed unit and if such thing has happened, it's due to improper sealing of the unit. It comes under warranty and can be replaced thus.

I had an inkling of the problem like this so minor I didn't notice it. It was an SA who pointed it to me as the car came out if water washing after a service. He asked me to take a pic whenever such problem had occurred so that the unit can be replaced under warranty.

I didn't notice that problem again, or rather, didn't feel problem enough with that as the beam is strong enough during rains.

That sort of formation might evaporate with the heat of headlights, though.
simplyself is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 21:55   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

Now that you have this photo, take this to service dealer and you will get the headlight assembly replaced. Does this happen on both the sides or just one?
This is more than the acceptable limit of mist, I would say. There could be some level of mist formation happening only when a pressure wash is done [head on spray], definitely not for rain, however hard the pour is!

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 21:55   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Please suggest if this is normal with other cars too? or should it be addressed immediately? Thanks in advance.
If the mist doesn't go away in sunlight or after some time , you need to be worried. You can contact the service center then.

Most of the cars have this problem of the mist creation inside the headlight. Its normal.
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 22:23   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the mode selector is available in AMT version as well.
Yes, I am aware! By it, i was referring to the surge that one experiences in the first gear, especially in the sports mode. Its counterproductive in crawling heavy traffic.
Old 20th July 2018, 14:03   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
The headlight assembly is sealed unit and if such thing has happened, it's due to improper sealing of the unit. It comes under warranty and can be replaced thus.
I didn't notice that problem again, or rather, didn't feel problem enough with that as the beam is strong enough during rains.
That sort of formation might evaporate with the heat of headlights, though.
True even in my older car I used to face similar issue but it the area of formation was very less and it appeared very rarely. Thanks for the suggestion. Will surely act upon this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Now that you have this photo, take this to service dealer and you will get the headlight assembly replaced. Does this happen on both the sides or just one?
This is more than the acceptable limit of mist, I would say. There could be some level of mist formation happening only when a pressure wash is done [head on spray], definitely not for rain, however hard the pour is!

Prem.
It happens on both the sides. As you said its definitely more than the acceptable limit of mist. Will consult with them and push to get it replaced. Thanks a lot for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
If the mist doesn't go away in sunlight or after some time , you need to be worried. You can contact the service center then.

Most of the cars have this problem of the mist creation inside the headlight. Its normal.
Yes it goes away in sunlight, but my worry is on a rainy day, it may block the light and I have observed that with time it has spread to a larger area. Moreover, it is definitely causing damage to the looks. You know how people will be waiting to judge tata cars even for the common issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks