Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2018, 07:10   #1366
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

The wearable smart key looks great but I feel Tata really missed the mark here whereas Hyundai got it just right by adding the time and step count functionality to it. At the least they should have added the clock to it as a person would not be able to wear a watch separately. And with the recent craze about fitness watches, a basic step count feature could have kept a lot of customers happy. I hope they introduce a new improved version of this soon.
drmohitg is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 10:48   #1367

Great to see a long awaited accessory now seeing the light of day. Indeed, it should have some more functionality. Atleast a watch and a request button to make car lights blink and short horn beep (easy to find in parking lot). Had you placed a request for this or they sent it by default? Did the dealership charge in advance?
Old 7th June 2018, 12:24   #1368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
At the least they should have added the clock to it as a person would not be able to wear a watch separately.
The least they should have provided in this wearable key is current time display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dips View Post
Had you placed a request for this or they sent it by default? Did the dealership charge in advance?
No request. Only a few inquiries at the dealership and on Twitter regarding it's availability, since it was a big part of the Nexon's initial pre-launch marketing campaign last year.

It was sent directly to me. Dealership had no role. In fact, they didn't even know about this until I told them.

Now it's become quite the craze of the local dealership staff.

Funny anecdote - someone from their state Area office called the dealership and expressed their utmost surprise as to how & why Tata would send me this item as a gift, and asked them to clarify from me if I had purchased it from an online site like Alibaba or Amazon.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 12:36   #1369
BHPian

They definitely should have added a time display.
Or maybe take a leaf from the wearables at Titan Fastrack Reflex...and integrated the key with that already chunky band. Would have definitely added functionality.
But... I suspect the reason for not adding this is the 'battery drain'. What if the battery runs out. Would it still be able to function as an unlock key for the car? If the answer is Yes, then definitely they should have added some more functionality to this band.

All in all, once again, they were the first to do this. With the Jaguar F-Pace and then Nexon. And once again, they are not marketing it well. Looks like some people at TML never learn. Put in hard work to innovate and come out with new concepts only to be beaten at their own game by others with more concentrated effort and better marketing.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 17:08   #1370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The local dealership tried pairing it yesterday but failed, due to some problems with the service laptop. They promised to get it fixed and call me up again very soon for the pairing to be completed.
Pairing of the wearable key has been successfully completed by my local dealership earlier today. Now I can lock/unlock my Nexon and also start the car and drive off with the wearable PEPS key, without the original key(s) in the vicinity.

Will upload a video of the wearable key in action soon.

Also, noticed the all-new Etna Orange single tone shade on a brand new Nexon XE (base) variant standing inside the dealership premises:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image1s.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image2s.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-untitled.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 19:59   #1371
BHPian

Booked a XZA+ (P) Dual Tone today. Should get it in 2 weeks.

The dealer has no clue about the wearable key. I have asked him to enquire and let me know. It's being advertised in the papers (TOI).

The price breakup includes Rs. 5000 'logistics charges'. I told him about the court ruling and asked him to get back to me on it. Hoping they will waive it off without a fight.

They're currently offering first year insurance at a discounted rate of Rs. 5000.

I was also told that I only need to sign up for the EW and Gold AMC later (read before the 1 year of free expires). Is this correct?

What is the applicable Road tax slab for the Nexon in Karnataka? The price sheet only mentions the amount, but not the percentage.
teknicsand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 20:17   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
Booked a XZA+ (P) Dual Tone today. Should get it in 2 weeks.

The dealer has no clue about the wearable key. I have asked him to enquire and let me know. It's being advertised in the papers (TOI).

The price breakup includes Rs. 5000 'logistics charges'. I told him about the court ruling and asked him to get back to me on it. Hoping they will waive it off without a fight.

They're currently offering first year insurance at a discounted rate of Rs. 5000.

I was also told that I only need to sign up for the EW and Gold AMC later (read before the 1 year of free expires). Is this correct?

What is the applicable Road tax slab for the Nexon in Karnataka? The price sheet only mentions the amount, but not the percentage.
Just FYI. Please refer to the below thread. RavenAvi has posted that there is a new offer from TML which can make you eligible for Insurance @ Rs.1. From his post, it looks like the offer is valid on Nexon as well. Check with them about it and you can save additional money.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...v-sales-9.html
DieselAddikt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 01:10   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Booked a XZA+ (P) Dual Tone today. Should get it in 2 weeks. ..

They're currently offering first year insurance at a discounted rate of Rs. 5000. -
I was also told that I only need to sign up for the EW and Gold AMC later (read before the 1 year of free expires). Is this correct? -

[list=1]
Congrats ! I booked the Diesel one.

On the Insurance: - Fantastic..i am also trying to reduce this cost. Is it the Zero Depreciation one? Which Insurance Company...details would be helpful as they offered my Rs.30,000 for Zero Dep.

I believe you can buy it now..also if you work with a corporate at a senior level you can ask for free AMC for 2 years (called PEP). Also they sometimes offer a small Rs.3k corporate discount.

Also, till have a some nagging doubts (cross posted from AMT thread):
1. Any views on the car from owners on LT review? say after 5 or 10K Kms in terms of niggles, reliability etc -- we plan to have the car for about 5 yrs
2. View on resale of the Diesel
3. Any suggestions on where I can pick up some off-roading bits to add some more character and manliness to the car (its my first SUV..well mini SUV if u will)... cree light bar, bumper protecting guard etc. (not the ungainly bull bars though ..no offence to Ajanta)
4. Views on if a sedan like Yaris AT/ City AT etc would have been better!
Delivery Hopefully after 17th (some negative month going on apparently else would have had it this weekend)
5. Any suggestions on improving the ride on slow speeds? (Softer tyres and lesser air pressure maybe?..can do a quick swap from the Goodyears..suggestions on tyres welcome
Old 8th June 2018, 01:13   #1374
BHPian

Quote:

Also, noticed the all-new Etna Orange single tone shade on a brand new Nexon XE (base) variant standing inside the dealership premises:
Is it possible to get the XZA+ in plain Etna orange? I just booked mine.

My SA has refused after checking multiple times with Tata. I prefer having the roof wrapped black (vs. paying extra for the Silver which is not my preferred option)

Any insights would be helpful.
Old 8th June 2018, 07:15   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish69 View Post
[list=1]
Congrats ! I booked the Diesel one.

On the Insurance: - Fantastic..i am also trying to reduce this cost. Is it the Zero Depreciation one? Which Insurance Company...details would be helpful as they offered my Rs.30,000 for Zero Dep.

I believe you can buy it now..also if you work with a corporate at a senior level you can ask for free AMC for 2 years (called PEP). Also they sometimes offer a small Rs.3k corporate discount.
Insurance is from Tata AIG. I'm assuming it's zero depreciation, but I will double-check

I don't work for a corporate, but let me ask about PEP anyway.

Congrats on your booking.

If you're comparing it to a sedan , the ride and handling will differ because of the high GC on the Nexon. Also, a CVT (I test drove a Baleno CVT) is always going to be smoother than AMT. However, I found the Nexon AMT better than the Swift AMT.
Old 8th June 2018, 08:30   #1376
BHPian

Tata Motors announces benefits up to Rs 1 lakh on cars on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of our Group.

HIGHLIGHTS
* Benefits include insurance at Re 1 and a special exchange bonus, amongst many other exciting deals
* The Company is offering these benefits on the entire range of passenger vehicles including Tiago and Nexon.

Newslink
Old 8th June 2018, 13:39   #1377
BHPian

The SA says "For tiago and tigor Ins @1rs Not for nexon sir"
teknicsand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 14:24   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
The SA says "For tiago and tigor Ins @1rs Not for nexon sir"
Not true. I just confirmed. Offer applicable for Nexon too. Some 33k odd discount on insurance with Nexon. Check with another dealer.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 14:52   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Not true. I just confirmed. Offer applicable for Nexon too. Some 33k odd discount on insurance with Nexon. Check with another dealer.
Yes, can confirm. Went to check out the Nexon for my colleague in Bangalore, they confirmed 33k discount, you will have to pay around 5k from your side.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 15:02   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Pairing of the wearable key has been successfully completed by my local dealership earlier today. Now I can lock/unlock my Nexon and also start the car and drive off with the wearable PEPS key, without the original key(s) in the vicinity.

Will upload a video of the wearable key in action soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Yes, can confirm. Went to check out the Nexon for my colleague in Bangalore, they confirmed 33k discount, you will have to pay around 5k from your side.
Thanks will check again..my SA said the discount is only for 2017 production model and not on 2018. Can you please clarify. This is for basic insurance and for Zero Dep you have to pay the balance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks