Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2018, 12:44   #1321
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

I had a good look inside Nexon ZX+ and found that the clutch pedal is too close to the central console! The latter feels like it is 'intruding' into the pedal area! A 'space-cramped' clutch pedal area could be irritating for that much needed rest to left leg on day long highway trips!!

Has anyone else noticed this?

PS: Just found out that nkrishnap had also posted same observation with pic in post #579 on page 39

Last edited by GTO : 29th May 2018 at 08:44. Reason: typos and grammar
LongDrive lover is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th May 2018, 15:25   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
I had a good look inside Nexon ZX+ and found that the clutch pedal is too close to the central console! The later feels like it is 'intruding' into the pedal area! A 'space-cramped' clutch pedal area could be irritating for that much needed rest to left leg on day long highway trips!!
I don't have much of a trouble in placing my foot next to the clutch to rest it and the gap is sufficient enough to do the same. Mind you my feet are big and i wear shoe size UK9 and it wasn't any trouble at all but i would like to bring into your notice that when i had test driven Nexon when it was launched last year i did feel my foot getting stuck near the clutch due to lesser space provided and it was really irritating me. However a couple of months later i realised the gap has been increased and there is enough space besides the clutch to rest your foot. May be TATA had taken note of the issue and fixed it in cars after the issue was pointed out. You might not be so lucky with the car i guess and the issue might be still present in that car. I suggest you try to check multiple Nexons once again to see if its one odd incident or the issue is still there.

Last edited by Syed Monis : 28th May 2018 at 15:35.
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 15:34   #1323
Senior - BHPian

A Tata Dealership in Coimbatore, SRT Tata has come up with this new One-off Edition of Nexon called SRT Frozen Edition.

Looks like it's inspired by Mango, since this is Mango's Season.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon_yellow5.jpg.c013081e7f0a2cd2025bdf9ea2fb9933.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon_yellow4.jpg.6535c879ac1f4ecf70caeb3623ed007f.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon_yellow3.jpg.5ac9712f6ef8218abc0fc12db6858d87.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon_yellow_interoir1.thumb.jpg.ef7b41452c9aa1327c8271bc8859c33f.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon_yellow_interior2.jpg.082356f6076a815a8a7ec4a1f97896a2.jpg

Same dealer had Customized Tiago & Hexa in their initial days post launch.

Source

Last edited by CarguyNish : 28th May 2018 at 15:35.
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 15:50   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
A Tata Dealership in Coimbatore, SRT Tata has come up with this new One-off Edition of Nexon called SRT Frozen Edition.

There are surely better ways to celebrate the mango season!!!

IMHO, this belongs to the Weird and Wacky thread! Mean no offence here though.
Whatever the modifier had in mind doesn't look like it took the right shape in this case.

God, please spare the Nexon from all these frenzies - the IPL edition, the mango edition etc.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 16:54   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post

God, please spare the Nexon from all these frenzies - the IPL edition, the mango edition etc.
Waiting for the strawberry "season" version!
Old 28th May 2018, 18:16   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post

Whatever they do, please spare those rear bumper reflectors. It's there for a reason.

Last edited by myavu : 28th May 2018 at 18:18.
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 19:44   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Same dealer had Customized Tiago & Hexa in their initial days post launch.
OMG. For a moment I got scared that I got infected with Jaundice. One of the ugliest versions of Nexon ( in my point of view).
Old 29th May 2018, 07:28   #1328
Senior - BHPian

The grey trend setter continues to rock my world. Tata Motors has one helluva machine in Nexon and IPL has given it further fillip. No issues to report so far and is boringly reliable LOL

My 'MiniLandie' is due for its first real service at 15K kms - watch this space. Trying to source fully synth oil but they say warranty will be void. Shall stick to my favourite Mobil for sure. I try my best to keep it in showroom condition but a nick here and a scratch there is inevitable in Bangalore! I have a query, Has anyone got their hands on the wearable key? Would love to get one!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_5874.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 11:05   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeknown_guy View Post
About to take the delivery of my XZ+ Petrol (Glasgow Grey). Super excited!
Completed extensive PDI and demo yesterday (thanks to Team BHP's PDI checklist) and came back satisfied. All though noticed a rather poorly finished roof lining just at point where it meets the front windscreen and it runs across the entire length of windscreen. If you run your fingers at the meeting point of windscreen and roof lining and run through the length of windscreen, the edges are rather rough and looks like the fabric has not been cut and pasted abruptly.
I thought that this is only in the vehicle allocated to me so I asked to see the demo vehicle in the showroom and there was another XZ+ getting ready for delivery. I was surprised to see this in all the three vehicles. Could other Nexon owners please confirm if this is in fact the case?
Thank you for sharing this!

As a prospective Nexon owner, should one be concerned about this? How has your experience been with the Nexon so far?

1. Any known issues with this?
2. Any other implications other than just fit and finish when you touch there?
3. Is this specific to Tata (I found all new Tata vehicles to have at least 1 finger gap up there) - is it a kind of a design flaw by them or does this happen in other vehicles too?
Old 29th May 2018, 15:26   #1330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Thank you for sharing this!

As a prospective Nexon owner, should one be concerned about this? How has your experience been with the Nexon so far?

1. Any known issues with this?
2. Any other implications other than just fit and finish when you touch there?
3. Is this specific to Tata (I found all new Tata vehicles to have at least 1 finger gap up there) - is it a kind of a design flaw by them or does this happen in other vehicles too?

The journey with Nexon has been pretty good so far. Haven't experienced any issues yet. 4 months and 3k km on odo (I don't use it as a daily driver). Although it hasn't been driven extensively. Just did one weekend trip to Vythiri and another coming up coming weekend. But the overall drive and comfort hasn't been a letdown.

1. I haven't encountered any issues with this. Honestly, I had even forgotten about it until you reminded.
2. I believe this is just a rather poor finishing from Tata other than that no practical implications.
3. I can't comment on it since I didn't actually looked for this on any other cars. Could be a design flaw from Tata. However I haven't heard from any other Nexon owners about this flaw yet. Unfortunately I do not have any other Nexon owners in my social circle so I am relying on TBP family for further feedback.

This particular flaw aside, as a current and completely satisfied Nexon owner, I can vouch for it for all the prospective buyers!
unbeknown_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 11:04   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeknown_guy View Post
The journey with Nexon has been pretty good so far. Haven't experienced any issues yet. 4 months and 3k km on odo (I don't use it as a daily driver). Although it hasn't been driven extensively. Just did one weekend trip to Vythiri and another coming up coming weekend. But the overall drive and comfort hasn't been a letdown.

This particular flaw aside, as a current and completely satisfied Nexon owner, I can vouch for it for all the prospective buyers!
Thank you for the prompt and re-assuring reply! Genuinely appreciated. Wish you many many happy (s)miles with the Nexon.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 13:21   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
A 'space-cramped' clutch pedal area could be irritating for that much needed rest to left leg on day long highway trips!!
I can vouch for adequateness of dead pedal as well as overall leg space for driver in Nexon especially after driving completing a dawn to dusk Bengaluru-Vellore-Bengaluru round trip yesterday. Most of the time my feet were off ABC pedals while cruising comfortably in 6th gear in Eco mode . For reference, my height is 6'2'' and shoe size 10.
ar134 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 14:23   #1333
Senior - BHPian

One of my friends was interested in buying the Diesel Nexon, he did the TD and was in two minds whether to go ahead with the buy. He requested me to check out some ownership reviews on the forum. When I searched, I could not find a single ownership thread barring the video review by Karan561. I am surprised that there are no ownership threads by BHPians. Or is it me that I am unable to find any.
Old 30th May 2018, 14:50   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I am surprised that there are no ownership threads by BHPians. Or is it me that I am unable to find any.
I think its probably because these days mods want extensive ownership report which many may not have time to update as required. Thats what I read in another car owners whatsapp group I am member of.

That said even in this thread there are many short reviews stated by many owners. Search for Sebrings review.
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 10:54   #1335
BHPian

Guys i had asked a question last week about the whatsapp notification not showing on the screen but nobody was really interested in answering my question.Looks like people don't want to help a fellow Nexon owner on this forum . Anyways i am asking the same question again.

How does the Whatsapp notification popup and readout works in Nexon. I have seen only the sms readout working so far but not the WhatsApp message. Also do i need to be connected to Android Auto for this feature to work or just i have to pair my device via bluetooth only. In neither case my pop up message didnt show on the screen. Was it just a gimmick by TATA to actually sell the car by saying they have the Whatsapp readout feature or it actually is working. Waiting for the response from my fellow BHPians.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks