Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2018, 17:26   #976
BHPian

Re: Rim corner scratches - New Tata Nexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Hi all,

What I noticed off late is a lot of deep scratches in the corner of the rims, the area where it sits with the tyre.
Please advise.
I guess the easiest fix for this might be to add alloy wheel protector .
Something like the one below

https://www.amazon.in/AutoTrends-Pro.../dp/B01G3QHNLS
Old 21st March 2018, 10:40   #977
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hi Guys,
As I had mentioned here before, my friend has booked a Nexon and the dealer is insisting that he bill the car before 31st March saying that the prices are going to be hiked. Any truth in the matter? The delivery will be in May.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 10:51   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Hi Guys,
.. bill the car before 31st March ...

Not sure about the price hike, but you can certainly get free insurance+ some additional freebees if done before 31st March.
May they are trying to achieve their yearly quota for selling cars (if any) by 31st March (Financial year end).
Old 21st March 2018, 10:55   #979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
--saying that the prices are going to be hiked. Any truth in the matter? The delivery will be in May.
Yes, there is a price hike announced.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-ran.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st March 2018 at 10:57.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 10:59   #980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
As I had mentioned here before, my friend has booked a Nexon and the dealer is insisting that he bill the car before 31st March saying that the prices are going to be hiked. Any truth in the matter? The delivery will be in May.
From what I can sense, the dealer is trying to meet his/her monthly and annual quota of sales. I would say, don't pay anything except the booking amount. Worst case, if the price increases by 10-20k (they can't afford to go beyond that), your friend can re-evaluate if the car is worth it and then go ahead with his purchase.

Another way. If your friend is ready, offer the dealer to pay and take delivery before March 31. If the dealer is keen to make this sale, he will try to make this delivery. It is possible.
Old 21st March 2018, 13:53   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
From what I can sense, the dealer is trying to meet his/her monthly and annual quota of sales. I would say, don't pay anything except the booking amount. Worst case, if the price increases by 10-20k (they can't afford to go beyond that), your friend can re-evaluate if the car is worth it and then go ahead with his purchase.

Another way. If your friend is ready, offer the dealer to pay and take delivery before March 31. If the dealer is keen to make this sale, he will try to make this delivery. It is possible.
There will infact be a price hike and definitely higher than just 10 or 20k.
Makes sense to get it billed with the month.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 14:40   #982

It looks as if the AMT launch has been delayed by a couple of months and the new timeline suggests that the launch might occur sometime in May 2018. Read it in a news article on one of the portals but not really sure. Due to this endless wait, I have lost 90% of the excitement.
Old 21st March 2018, 19:05   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragverma666 View Post
It looks as if the AMT launch has been delayed by a couple of months and the new timeline suggests that the launch might occur sometime in May 2018. Read it in a news article on one of the portals but not really sure. Due to this endless wait, I have lost 90% of the excitement.
Exactly. I have been waiting for it too and the excitement is all over now I guess. Tata has lost the plot it seems.

The dealers are taking bookings, Tata neither denies it nor confirms it. They dont even stop their dealers from taking bookings.

No clarity on variants, features and price
Old 21st March 2018, 19:11   #984
BHPian

So Nexon it will be! (for various reasons which I will elaborate in another post)

Petrol owners, what kind of average do you get in city and on highways?
I am just doing a final bit of brainstorming now. Head vs. heart matter. Head says petrol because its cheaper by a lakh and my annual running will be between 8 and 10k kms. It may go down in the future but won't increase.

How long will the diesel take to justify the margin, other things being equal? On the other hand, diesel gives more reasons for longer roadtrips!
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 16:11   #985
BHPian

Guys any update with the hike in Nexon's price from April 2018. I read the news about the hike in prices but does anybody know how much more we have to shell out for Nexons from April. It's a second price hike for Nexon and its stretching my budget to the limit due to theses hikes. Previously the hike was at about 15 to 20k for Nexon but this time around TATA motors haven't mentioned any percentage of the hike to be given on any model. Any information regarding the same would be really appreciated.
Old 22nd March 2018, 16:32   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I am just doing a final bit of brainstorming now. Head vs. heart matter. Head says petrol because its cheaper by a lakh and my annual running will be between 8 and 10k kms. It may go down in the future but won't increase.
The odo reads 700 kms.

According to Tank full method I got around 10.3 kmpl :-
•Total 370kms.
•Out of this, 100 kms was on highway (Mileage of 16.2kmpl as per MID)
•AC 100% on.

If mileage numbers are the greatest concerns, then you might get disappointed.
P.S.- It is still too early for me to say anything about the mileage of Nexon (P) with conviction as it is still in the run-in period. Maybe it improves as the kms add.

gk.93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 16:50   #987
BHPian

Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
So Nexon it will be! (for various reasons which I will elaborate in another post)

How long will the diesel take to justify the margin, other things being equal? On the other hand, diesel gives more reasons for longer roadtrips!

If you have the budget go for the diesel. It's a more versatile unit when compared to the revotron be it the city or highway. And you never know your weekend outings might increase after you get the diesel. Other aspect is that given the air pollution levels in India it is advisable to drive with rolled up (AC on) all the time and with a diesel you won't fret a little as you would still be getting a better FE when compared to the petrol without AC.Also the interiors stay in a much better shape with windows rolled up all the time. Diesel is much more punchy and fun as well 😊

I know most of us talk about diesel only when the running is high but I feel that diesels are predominantly more fun to drive as well ( leave the VAGS and fiats). So you are paying for more fun behind the wheels and better FE too.

Last edited by Waspune : 22nd March 2018 at 16:55.
Waspune is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:00   #988
Distinguished - BHPian

First glimpse of my Cygnus from yesterday morning:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-ttb1dmth.jpg

VIN decoded as February 2018 make. Accessories fitting, cleaning & prepping for delivery complete.

Will finish paperwork and rest of the formalities in a little while. Taking Cygnus home by evening. Will post more snaps later and start my ownership report this weekend.

I am told that Cygnus is the first Nexon in Red Dual Tone in my city.
RavenAvi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:52   #989
Distinguished - BHPian

New variant XZ coming soon.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180323wa0006.jpgTata Nexon : Official Review-img20180323wa0007.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180323wa0008.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd March 2018 at 17:33. Reason: Adding watermarks
RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 13:08   #990
Senior - BHPian

I would like to know features missing in XZ variant comparing to XZ+.@RavenAvi - Do you have clear image of variant details?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks