Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2018, 13:49   #1096
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
Completed the PRI today. The car was parked in Prerana's (Lalbagh Road, Bangalore) yard near their showroom. It was a 10 minute walk to the yard.

Did a 10 minute check to see if everything looked alright and was pretty satisfied. No scratches. Tyres were dirty. The Odometer had 104 kms on it. The Executive who accompanied me informed me that they get their cars delivered to their main yard at Nelamangala and drive it down by road from there. I'm still a little skeptical on that. Anybody who has taken delivery of cars from Prerana, Lalbagh can confirm this?
When we took delivery back in Jan from Prerana, ODO was at 50 KMS.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 15:00   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I am more interested in the Compact SUV numbers actually especially Nexon so would love to get the number of Nexons sold in March 2018.
Not an exact figure though, just a hint for you.

Tata said that the passenger car segment declined by 4 per cent, while the UV segment grew by 223 per cent, supporting the strong customer liking for SUVs at present.

Source: NDTV
Old 6th April 2018, 15:20   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Not an exact figure though, just a hint for you.

Tata said that the passenger car segment declined by 4 per cent, while the UV segment grew by 223 per cent, supporting the strong customer liking for SUVs at present.

Source: NDTV
Thanks a lot for the update but i already know these numbers from the exact source you have highlighted. By numbers what i meant was the total number of Nexon's sold in the month of March and is there any hike in numbers for Nexon or not. Thanks anyway and cheers.
Old 6th April 2018, 15:34   #1099
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexon's association with IPL,

Tata Nexon : Official Review-ipl.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 18:23   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nubhav View Post
For Android Auto you will have to use the original phone cable
Nope! it did not work. It asks whether you want to connect and after you click yes, it says car is not in park mode, whatever that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I think I started the grey trend
I will give you that, you have set difficult benchmarks for others to match!

My Day 3 observations with Nexon is that the Eco mode is better in buper to bumper drive inside the city. and the Sport mode is useful when you are stuck on an incline on the flyover. It helps in controlling the extent of rollback

One problem I did face was that the audio system completely froze at one point. It was showing call updates if you called from the phone directly for example, but it did not play any music or register BT settings etc. Since other controls were working, I went to settings and did factory reset and then it worked fine. I hope this does not happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hexagonal design pattern at the base of the center console in both footwells. The vents are fake:
I do not think the vents are fake! when you press the button on the central console for blower direction, these vents throw cool air!

I don't know if others have observed this and other Nexon owners can corroborate perhaps?
avingodb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 19:57   #1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Nope! it did not work. It asks whether you want to connect and after you click yes, it says car is not in park mode, whatever that means.

I will give you that, you have set difficult benchmarks for others to match!

My Day 3 observations with Nexon is that the Eco mode is better in buper to bumper drive inside the city. and the Sport mode is useful when you are stuck on an incline on the flyover. It helps in controlling the extent of rollback

One problem I did face was that the audio system completely froze at one point. It was showing call updates if you called from the phone directly for example, but it did not play any music or register BT settings etc. Since other controls were working, I went to settings and did factory reset and then it worked fine. I hope this does not happen again.

I do not think the vents are fake! when you press the button on the central console for blower direction, these vents throw cool air!

I don't know if others have observed this and other Nexon owners can corroborate perhaps?
Have you tried using the hand brakes and checking the Android Auto? I'm guessing it will prove your music system that the car is in "park mode".

Yes, you are right the vents are not fake, it does blow air through it.
HumbleFarmer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 20:13   #1102

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I think I started the grey trend! Glasgow Grey suits the 'car with its myriad lines and cuts', blending everything beautifully. The 3M treatment had made mine a shade deeper, almost bordering on black, and is a pretty sight indeed.

Your car looks simply superb.

I bought a Nexon in February and I did receive a call last week from TATA Motors customer service asking for my experience, starting from buying the car and to the driving experience from it. They did have lot of questions, with ratings to be choosen and answered from. In few of the questions I had given rating below 8 in regards to the experience I had during my TD and booking period. To my surprise I got a call from the Delear (URS KAR, Mysore) the next day and they requested me to visit thier showroom and give them the exact reasons for the low rating.

Well!! I do own a Maruti Suzuki Ignis and the call from TATA Motors and the questions which they had asked was almost on par with Maruti's customer service call.

Last edited by theMAG : 6th April 2018 at 20:44. Reason: Trimming quoted content for readability.
HumbleFarmer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 21:30   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleFarmer View Post
Have you tried using the hand brakes and checking the Android Auto?
Yes, all my attempts at connecting Android Auto were in handbrake applied position. I guess I will have to wait till the first service for addressing it. I have used original cables as well.
Old 7th April 2018, 00:59   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
By numbers what i meant was the total number of Nexon's sold in the month of March and is there any hike in numbers for Nexon or not. Thanks anyway and cheers.
Tata sold 4405 Nexons in the month of March '18, as against 4168 Nexons in February '18, which is an increase of 6% MOM.

Source

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 14:59   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Tata sold 4405 Nexons in the month of March '18, as against 4168 Nexons in February '18, which is an increase of 6% MOM.

As per this source MOM change in other cars in the segment
Brezza 13% increase
ECosport 2% decrease
WRV 31% increase
TUV 35% increase.

Last edited by ampere : 7th April 2018 at 21:05. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 8th April 2018, 11:39   #1106
Distinguished - BHPian

The newly-launched XZ variant starts reaching dealerships.

Pics courtesy Biswa Ranjan Sahoo.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-4.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-3.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-2.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-6.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-5.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 12:10   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors has launched 2 advertisements for Nexon in IPL Theme, one is titled Tata Nexon Cheerleaders Ad, and the other is Tata Nexon Powerplay Ad. Surprisingly, Etna Orange colour is also prominently seen in one of the ads.

Link (https://www.cartoq.com/tata-nexon-co...eased-for-ipl/)
Old 9th April 2018, 13:56   #1108
BHPian

Guys i am wondering about the model which was launched just few weeks ago. Its the XZ model and looking at the price bracket and the difference between the top end ZX+ and the XZ model which is about 80K between the two so i am thinking does it make sense to go for ZX model or ZX+is still a better choice considering the set of extra equipment we get by shelling out 80K more than the XZ variant. If one has to choose between the two which is worth buying and is the price hike from XZ to ZX+ justified. Hoping to get some replies soon.
Old 9th April 2018, 20:37   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Guys i am wondering about the model which was launched just few weeks ago.
Go for XZ+ without hesitation . We just concluded a detailed analysis on our owners WhatsApp group post price hike and launch of XZ variant as to which variant commands the VFM tag. It's either the XM or XZ+ which were VFM at launch and continue to reign supreme with that title even today.

Last edited by ampere : 9th April 2018 at 21:28. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
ar134 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 21:40   #1110
BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend who is not a member here. I have suggested him to go for Petrol based on his usage but he needs opinion from a wider audience

I am driving a Swift Diesel 2008 model, she is serving me well but I feel I need an upgrade and planning to let her go soon.
I have done my research and finalized on Tata Nexon but I am totally confused whether I should go for Petrol or Diesel.
So I need some opinions from members based on the below criteria:

I am in my late 30s and I just need a comfortable ride quality with hassle free ownership.
Very limited City usage, may be a few days in a month for office commute and occasional weekend drives (Monthly usage < 1000 kms)

In favour of Petrol variant:
1. Price difference between Petrol and Diesel variant
2. I am planning to keep it for at least 5 years and based on my usage I think Petrol will save at least 20-40k per year (including fuel and maintenance cost)
3. Not sure of Government's decision on the future of Diesel vehicle

In favour of Diesel variant:
1. Most of the reviews are in favour of Diesel variant, didn't see a lot of promising reviews on Petrol variant.
2. Also from a few online sources I got to know that Petrol variant has very less mileage (If someone who is using a Petrol Nexon can confirm this)

Mods: I am posting here and not in What Car section as the car has to be Tata Nexon. Please move it to an appropriate thread if this post does not belong here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks