Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2018, 21:09   #841
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Bookings for the AMT variants are now being accepted at Tata dealerships for a token amount of Rs 11,000/-...plenty of Etna Orange AMTs are ready to be dispatched to dealers nationwide.
This compact SUV has ticked the right boxes:
1) Available with petrol and diesel
2) Powerful Engines
3) 6 Gears
4) Good handling and now
5) AMT

But then still Brezza will sell more units than the Nexon. Wonder how long it will take Indians to accept the changed Tata.
amrutmhatre90 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 22:19   #842
BHPian

I know that Tata is always bashed for its after sales service, and I have always been vocal about it with them. But let me share a good experience I had. As you know, there was a campaign call to fix a few issues in the car with the key, headlight and the battery cover. (of course free of charge)
I requested for a pickup and drop as I was a bit busy. The follow up from Fortune Cars Thane was great. I was informed periodically about the status of the pickup. The car was dropped as promised. The interiors were clean. They also fixed other creaks (the armrest had started to creak) that had developed and the car is now silent as it could be. It was a truly hassle free experience
Love the efforts being put by Tata to ensure a good after sales experience.
Kommandogerät is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 23:39   #843
BHPian

There's no point of comparing a newly launched car with other cars which are market leaders.
For one thing, you are talking of maruti. And secondly, ecosport has a very good brand image in the market.

Tata however has everything going against it except for the very product.

Now we all know indians value brand than products. You spotting 4 nexons in 10 days is actually quite good compared to my experience. The nexon is a good car and trust me, sales is not the only criteria to judge the success of a product. It's important but not the only factor. And come on, even Tata would not have aimed at achieving Brezza's figures.

That's why i follow one simple rule: If you want to own a great product, do not compare sales data at all, specially for the Indian Market! Cause its only the cheaper ones that sell here and not the truly deserved ones!
abhi7013 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 07:45   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
In 10 days stay i saw just 4 Nexons on the road which was shocking and disappointing at the same time considering the quality product Tata has managed to produce. The segment leader was undoubtedly Brezza and EcoSport but i felt it was Hyundai Creta which was ruling the segment and giving Brezza a tough fight even though Creta is from a segment above.
Only responding to this portion of your post ( because many people make this observation of not seeing enough Tata cars on road ).

The probability of observing a car on road ( all other factors being same ) is directly dependant on the sum total of cars sold till that date and not just the monthly sales. Hence, if Nexon is selling 4k for past 4 months - thats a PAN INDIA sale of 16000. If you assume 10% of those were sold in Delhi, that means there are only 1600 Nexons in Delhi roads.

If you compare that with Creta or Brezza, the # of these cars in Delhi roads might be 10-20 times that number.

So not spotting the car has nothing to do with how many cars sold per month - its a function of how many sold per month * # of months its been on sale ( lot of other factors as well but not elaborating here )
narayan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 09:15   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandogerät View Post
I know that Tata is always bashed for its after sales service, and I have always been vocal about it with them. But let me share a good experience I had. As you know, there was a campaign call to fix a few issues in the car with the key, headlight and the battery cover. (of course free of charge)
I requested for a pickup and drop as I was a bit busy. The follow up from Fortune Cars Thane was great. I was informed periodically about the status of the pickup. The car was dropped as promised. The interiors were clean. They also fixed other creaks (the armrest had started to creak) that had developed and the car is now silent as it could be. It was a truly hassle free experience
Love the efforts being put by Tata to ensure a good after sales experience.
I posted in Hexa thread, let me repeat it here. Had a flat tire, found it to be side wall puncture. Took it to service centre to check for manufacturing defect. MRF rejected it, taken by CRM to Tata Motors and the tyre was replaced. All this in 2.5 working days flat. All through, there was constant update too. Was shocked (in a pleasant way) the way it happened. If you ignore service centre upkeep and all other superficial things, I find them to be very good. This is not only with Hexa, but from my experience with Nano XTA too, which is now 18 months old.
tifosikrishna is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 11:14   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went on an official trip to Delhi some 12 days ago and was there for about 10 days. In 10 days stay i saw just 4 Nexons on the road which was shocking and disappointing at the same time considering the quality product Tata has managed to produce. The segment leader was undoubtedly Brezza and EcoSport but i felt it was Hyundai Creta which was ruling the segment and giving Brezza a tough fight even though Creta is from a segment above.
Wrong way to assess success for the car. Creta, Brezza and Ecosport have been on the market for a while now (atleast 2 years each). The visibility on roads is a function of vehicle pool and not monthly sales. Vehicle pool for Creta, Brezza and Ecosport is significantly higher due to the longer sales period for these cars. The best way to compare will be First 12 month sales for each product and then compare each product.
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 11:41   #847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I went on an official trip to Delhi some 12 days ago and was there for about 10 days. Metropolitan cities give the better picture of what's selling and what's not as you can get a wide range of customers for different cars ranging from small hatches to premium luxury cars. In 10 days stay i saw just 4 Nexons on the road which was shocking and disappointing at the same time considering the quality product Tata has managed to produce.
Sighting in metropolitan cities is not the right way to judge the success of car models. There's always a regional influence in the sale of products. Certain brands and models are favored in each city and state. Reasons could be a very good dealer(s), widespread dealer network or absence of other brands in the area, old perception in the minds of local people regarding the brand, good visibility of the vehicles (because of the earlier reasons again add to the brand building) and so on. Similarly certain areas are partial to certain vehicle categories - hatchback, sedan, SUV. You will see lesser number of Ciaz or City in a city which has poor roads.

For example, I see a lot of new gen Tata vehicles in my part of the city - Hyderabad. Back in my home town, Kwid(which is selling in very good numbers every month) is barely seen on the road. But in the same city, I have seen more number of yellow plate Crystas than private ones, plying on the road. I shouldn't infer that Kwid is a failure or Crysta is bought by cab owners only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
The probability of observing a car on road ( all other factors being same ) is directly dependant on the sum total of cars sold till that date and not just the monthly sales. Hence, if Nexon is selling 4k for past 4 months - thats a PAN INDIA sale of 16000. If you assume 10% of those were sold in Delhi, that means there are only 1600 Nexons in Delhi roads.

If you compare that with Creta or Brezza, the # of these cars in Delhi roads might be 10-20 times that number.

So not spotting the car has nothing to do with how many cars sold per month - its a function of how many sold per month * # of months its been on sale ( lot of other factors as well but not elaborating here )
+1

Last edited by ashis89 : 21st February 2018 at 11:43.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 12:02   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Sighting in metropolitan cities is not the right way to judge the success of car models. There's always a regional influence in the sale of products. Certain brands and models are favored in each city and state. Reasons could be a very good dealer(s), widespread dealer network or absence of other brands in the area, old perception in the minds of local people regarding the brand, good visibility of the vehicles (because of the earlier reasons again add to the brand building) and so on. Similarly certain areas are partial to certain vehicle categories - hatchback, sedan, SUV. You will see lesser number of Ciaz or City in a city which has poor roads.

For example, I see a lot of new gen Tata vehicles in my part of the city - Hyderabad. Back in my home town, Kwid(which is selling in very good numbers every month) is barely seen on the road. But in the same city, I have seen more number of yellow plate Crystas than private ones, plying on the road. I shouldn't infer that Kwid is a failure or Crysta is bought by cab owners only.
What you have pointed out is really an important aspect in determining the actual sales. Thanks for pointing it out. The car is only 5 months old and the probability or noticing the car on road so early will be less compared to the ones which have been in the market for more than 2 years now. It makes sense that not many Nexons are visible as yet due to its lesser production capability from Tata and increased waiting time. If i remember correctly i didn't see many Brezzas or Cretas on the roads for 3 months too after their launch due to higher waiting time but as the time went by more and more such cars were seen. I guess same will happen with Nexon too(I hope so) because i too have booked a Nexon and am awaiting delivery by 1st week of March. There is no way i am not in support of Nexon doing so well and i wish it does well too, it's just that i felt a bit apprehensive after booking a Nexon after not seeing many on the roads. Have i made a right choice that is what disturbs my mind when i didn't find many of them on the road. It plays in your mind that the car has not been well received. Its really sad and disappointing to see a quality product not getting the appreciation and respect it deserves from people who feel a bit reluctant to invest in brands which have not had a good past. Lets hope Nexon does wonders for Tata and we see more and more Nexons on road in coming months.
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 12:08   #849
BHPian

Is the amt on Nexon going to be the same as in Tiago and Tigor?
Old 21st February 2018, 12:20   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Is the amt on Nexon going to be the same as in Tiago and Tigor?
For Nexon the booking amount is Rs 11000/- which is standard across PAN India while as for Tiago its Rs 10000/- so you are going to pay just Rs 1000/- extra for booking a Nexon compared to Tiago. The booking amount for Tigor is Rs 5000/- i guess
Old 21st February 2018, 12:28   #851
BHPian

Quote:
For Nexon the booking amount is Rs 11000/- which is standard across PAN India while as for Tiago its Rs 10000/- so you are going to pay just Rs 1000/- extra for booking a Nexon compared to Tiago. The booking amount for Tigor is Rs 5000/- i guess
Sorry, I didn't mean the booking amount. I was asking the AMT unit.
Old 21st February 2018, 19:31   #852
BHPian

Quote:
The Nexon has a 6-speed gearbox as opposed to the 5-speeder in the Tiago and Tigor. But the AMT actuators for both the gearboxes are supplied by Magnetti Marelli.

https://www.drivespark.com/four-whee...20-023905.html

P.S. I just love your handle name!
RoverX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 20:59   #853
BHPian

With regards to my headlamp post before, I've decided to keep it as is. The fog lamp is a sealed led unit from tata. So not much can be done.

Now can some gurus share some tips on how to improve fuel efficiency of my nexon petrol? I reside in Bangalore and the vehicle gives me 8.5 with ac in bumper to bumper traffic, I hardly cross 50. The mode In use is city. I was informed the mileage will improve after competition of first 1000kms but it was not the case. Please advise.
Old 21st February 2018, 21:02   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverX View Post
https://www.drivespark.com/four-whee...20-023905.html

P.S. I just love your handle name!
Interesting.

AMT variant from the above link.

// Drivespark starts...

Tata Nexon AMT Variant The Nexon AMT will be available in the top variant XZ+ and will be known as XZA in the compact SUV. Even the Tata Tiago AMT is offered on the top trim with the XZA badge, so we expect the company to follow the same with the Nexon as well.

Read more at: https://www.drivespark.com/four-whee...19-023905.html
Old 21st February 2018, 23:32   #855
BHPian

Quote:
AMT unit is provided by only one company in India. Its used in Maruti and Tata vehicles.

Since the Nexon has more power/torque, the chances of AMT being a good one is high!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks