Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2019, 14:36   #1966
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hi friends

Finally I was able to find the roller curtains for my car. Earlier I was using P8 roller curtain by Amritas in my Vista however I could not contact or find them for nexon. Finally I stumbled upon another brand that goes by name Swastik. A seller on Amazon listed them at a price of 3999₹. On searching further I found the company itself in Noida. Called up the owner to check and he said that I can take it from the factory too however they cannot get them Installed. The set of 4 costed me 2500₹. And here are the pictures.
Disclaimer - I am not at all related to the brand and just sharing the information for all the fellow owners.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190202wa0012.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190202_132358.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190202wa0014.jpeg  

racsaxen is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 06:10   #1967
BHPian

The delivery of the vehicle has been scheduled for 12th of February. But I do expect some delays.
Is there any advantage in going through the online configurator to decide on accessories?

I was looking at the bumper chin guards etc.

The seat covers available online on the TATA website look good. Wanted to know if seat cover changing is warranted or if the existing seats are good enough.

Would appreciate some advice on accessories. Thank you
Old 3rd February 2019, 09:34   #1968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racsaxen View Post
Finally I stumbled upon another brand that goes by name Swastik.
Looks nice fit. How is it fixed on the lower side ?

And Congrats on your Nexon !
Old 3rd February 2019, 09:48   #1969
BHPian

It is tightened by 2 screws on the door
Old 3rd February 2019, 11:26   #1970
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishrap View Post
Does that mean the plastic panel need to be drilled?
Old 3rd February 2019, 12:01   #1971
BHPian

Yes, drilling required
Old 3rd February 2019, 21:29   #1972
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back post please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looks nice fit. How is it fixed on the lower side ?

And Congrats on your Nexon !
Thank you for the wishes. And yes it has been fixed using screws. I initially tried with that red 3m double sided tape however that did not work so I gave up and used the provided screws. I can imagine various eye brows rising reading about the screws on that plastic however for me shade on my face is more important on my already tanned skin.

Quote:
They have provided slots for 4 screws however I used only 2 screws for all the curtains.

Quote:
Yes, drilling required
Not exactly drilling I would say, simply place them at the position, insert screw and apply some pressure on the screwdriver. Once it has pierced the plastic, it is easy to tighten them further. I installed them myself and took only 15 minutes for all 4.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd February 2019 at 21:36. Reason: !!
racsaxen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 19:57   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Have anyone noticed the quality of material used in the car roof/top? I just knuckled the roof and found that it is be poor quality compared to other areas and sounds so plastic-ky! Did the same with my 10 old fiesta and it is way ahead of the former.
No doubt. rooftop material and even the sheet on the bonnet is of kinda poor quality. I park my car under the Indian almond tree and there are small dent marks all over the roof and bonnet because of the falling fruit. Maybe its a car with a strong framework with comparatively weak covering.
ThilakNex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 08:50   #1974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racsaxen View Post
[b]

Not exactly drilling I would say, simply place them at the position, insert screw and apply some pressure on the screwdriver. Once it has pierced the plastic, it is easy to tighten them further. I installed them myself and took only 15 minutes for all 4.
I am looking for something similar for my Nexon. Delhi/NCR summers are too much to bear without the sun-films and these shades should serve the purpose.

Please let us know your feedback once you have used them for a couple of weeks. I would be interested in the following:
a) How effective are these shades?
b) Are they sturdy or flimsy?
c) Any rattles from them while going over bad roads / patched?
d) Any issues with the cops here?

I am also based in Noida so can pick these directly from the owner, just as you did. Thanks in advance.
Old 5th February 2019, 23:02   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Please let us know your feedback once you have used them for a couple of weeks. I would be interested in the following:
a) How effective are these shades?
b) Are they sturdy or flimsy?
c) Any rattles from them while going over bad roads / patched?
d) Any issues with the cops here?
Replying to your query in the sequence of the questions-
a) I would say very, both in terms of providing shade and maintains some level of privacy.
b) Sturdy. I have used P8 earlier which I got for around 4500/-. Initially was getting apprehensive about the quality however once I purchased them I was happy with the quality.
c) No rattles at all. You just have to make sure that you fix them properly. If loose, anything would start rattling
d) I have not faced any issues with cops. Whenever I go to Delhi I put them down so that it does not get noticed. In case I notice the checking is going on and there is no time to put them down I simply roll all windows down at once. By the time I reach the cops they don't see any film whatsoever.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th February 2019 at 23:17. Reason: Fixing quote tags.
racsaxen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 08:48   #1976
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThilakNex View Post
No doubt. rooftop material and even the sheet on the bonnet is of kinda poor quality. I park my car under the Indian almond tree and there are small dent marks all over the roof and bonnet because of the falling fruit. Maybe its a car with a strong framework with comparatively weak covering.
What is this rooftop material that you described? It is the sheet metal or a sticker on roof top sheet metal?
Old 6th February 2019, 16:48   #1977
BHPian

A fellow Nexon worshipper is finding the the stock H7 55W headlamp bulbs inadequate, and wanted to check if he would lose warranty if he replaces them with HID 35W?

Would the improvement be worth the price /effort?
Old 6th February 2019, 18:53   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
A fellow Nexon worshipper is finding the the stock H7 55W headlamp bulbs inadequate, and wanted to check if he would lose warranty if he replaces them with HID 35W?

Would the improvement be worth the price /effort?
If replacing the stock bulbs with HID's need wire splicing, cutting of the headlamp housing, addition of ballast+fuse+relay, then yes this voids warranty. However, Tata dealers tend to be lenient towards most of this but depends upon the dealer as well.
Is this a nexon with projectors? If yes, there will be an improvement with the 35W HID's if not, in my experience, they dont make much of a difference. Also the filament location (for normal headlamps) does matter as the reflector is designed accordingly - not so much for projectors.
I would recommend him to first switch to NightBreakers or XtremeVision lamps (the NB Lasers are really nice).
This will give him more brightness, use the same wattage, cost substantially lower. Importantly, they are easy to swap out if blown esp during a long drive.
torquecurve is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 22:53   #1979
BHPian

Just for information of those at Hyderabad,i was enquiring for 2019 Nexon XMA (AMT) and while haggling for discounts,the showroom acceded to waiving off the handling charges (7000) as well as to provide a few accessories of around 3000.

They said they will provide the 2 year additional warranty for INR 11000. So for those looking at purchasing the Nexon, a little more negotiation might fetch you further benefits.
Old 6th February 2019, 23:42   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Just for information of those at Hyderabad,i was enquiring for 2019 Nexon XMA (AMT) and while haggling for discounts,the showroom acceded to waiving off the handling charges (7000) as well as to provide a few accessories of around 3000.

They said they will provide the 2 year additional warranty for INR 11000. So for those looking at purchasing the Nexon, a little more negotiation might fetch you further benefits.
Wait until the launch of the XUV 300 , you might get a better offer.
snaseer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks