Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2019, 21:55   #2581
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hi Folks!

So finally booked a Nexon XZA+ in Grey color (ST). Delivery promised in 2nd half of September.

Got couple of questions on additional accessories
1. Is it possible to install an after-market sub-woofer & amp without impacting the warranty? I have a 4 channel Amp & 1100W sub (both from JBL) from my previous car, which i would want to put to use here.

2. What are the best floor-mat (7d) & seat cover options available in Bangalore? Any pointers folks.

Regards
Saurav

Regards
Saurav
Thumping Soul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 22:29   #2582

Had ordered a couple of things from AliExpress including this metal "Turbo" logo. The finish is really good for the price (about a dollar), although I feel the provided foam double sided sticker won't hold the badge for too long. Any suggestions how I should stick it so it doesn't fall off?
I'm thinking of sticking it right under the Nexon logo. Any recommendations?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190831_214115_bokeh.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190831_214023.jpg  

Old 1st September 2019, 01:02   #2583
BANNED

Tata Nexon crosses 1,00,000 unit sales milestone in the month of August 2019.(Crossed the 1 lakh production milestone on 19th July 2019)
Quote:
The Tata Nexon compact SUV, which was launched in the domestic market on September 21, 2017 for Rs 585,000, has driven past the 100,000 sales milestone in a scant 23 months. From September 2017 through to end-July 2019, the game-changing SUV had sold a total of 98,551 units, comprising 51,131 diesel variants and 47,420 petrol variants. Sale of an additional 1,449 units, which help the Nexon cross the 100,000-unit mark would have easily come in the first few days of August 2019. Specific sales data for August 2019 will come early in September.
Sales till end-July 2019
FY2018: 27,547
FY2019: 55,008
FY2020: 15,996 (April-July 2019)
Total: 98,551
Quote:
Work is underway on a heavily updated Nexon that is expected to be unveiled early next year. This update will see sheet metal changes as well as BS VI-compliant engines and more features like cruise control.
Source
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 09:20   #2584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Harry View Post
Had ordered a couple of things from AliExpress including this metal "Turbo" logo. The finish is really good for the price (about a dollar), although I feel the provided foam double sided sticker won't hold the badge for too long. Any suggestions how I should stick it so it doesn't fall off?
https://www.amazon.in/3M-IA120100531...fix=3m+&sr=8-3

Very strong adhesive but removable too. Expensive but can use in many situations at home so worth it ultimately.

Cut small strips to affix behind your logo.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 10:43   #2585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Got couple of questions on additional accessories
1. Is it possible to install an after-market sub-woofer & amp without impacting the warranty? I have a 4 channel Amp & 1100W sub (both from JBL) from my previous car, which i would want to put to use here.
Hey Saurav, congratulations on the booking and best wishes. Boy do I have exactly the same JBL combo from my previous car currently sitting at home . I'll be installing it too. Technically it does void the electrical warranty at the least. However my experience with Tata (and that of many others) has been that they are quite relaxed about it and don't use accessory installations as an excuse to shy away from warranty claims. I'm going to install it soon. Just holding back as I'm anxious about the store guys messing up the sleek HU/Dash finish by mistakes or inducing rattles when they fiddle with door and sill panels for wiring.

Quote:
Hah! I have this exact emblem sitting in my flipkart wishlist (but in black shade). 3M double sided automotive tape is the best for such applications. You can find that on Amazon.in easily.

Generally the tape that would have come with the emblem is comparable and while looking weak, will do the job sufficiently well IMO.

Last edited by Reinhard : 1st September 2019 at 10:55.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 10:51   #2586
Senior - BHPian

I have an awesome aftermarket sub with - inbuilt amp. This is 2 years old now. Used wiretaps from the US and these are really good. No wires were cut. Went to a professional installer for the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Boy do I have exactly the same JBL combo from my previous car currently sitting at home. I'll be installing it too.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screen-shot-20190901-10.47.45-am.png  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 03:00   #2587
BHPian

Hi All

I recently replaced the OEM Indicator bulbs with LED bulbs. Costed 441/- from Ali Express. Installing the lights took a matter of just 5 minutes right from opening the light, replacing the bulb and putting the lights back.

Link-
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3295...220a4c4dCWtWtA
Product properties selected on Ali Express : Yellow + BAU15 PY21W

And, here are the pics-
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190820_172324.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190820_172336.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190820_172342.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190821_142402.jpg  

Last edited by racsaxen : 2nd September 2019 at 03:11.
racsaxen is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 04:41   #2588
Senior - BHPian

don't they hyperflash when you use them as one sided indicators? I don't see anything on installing resistors
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 10:02   #2589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racsaxen View Post
Hi All

I recently replaced the OEM Indicator bulbs with LED bulbs. Costed 441/- from Ali Express. Installing the lights took a matter of just 5 minutes right from opening the light, replacing the bulb and putting the lights back.

Link-
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3295...220a4c4dCWtWtA
Product properties selected on Ali Express : Yellow + BAU15 PY21W

And, here are the pics-
Hey wonderful result! And the prices at AliExpress really make it tempting always. We don't care if it lasts much long or not considering the immediate result & peanut prices. I think I'm going to buy this surely! Makes the car that little bit exclusive & surely the result is wonderful & useful. Does it look ugly from close quarters when not in operation? Is it noticeable? When "off", the orange glass halogen looks far sober in comparison. Wouldn't it have been awesome if the front ones were also field replaceable like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
don't they hyperflash when you use them as one sided indicators? I don't see anything on installing resistors
Ideally I'd expect the current management for all 6 vs 3 at a time to be driven by the BCM. Also - modern LED modules have their own regulators in-built from what I Have seen. They come with a wide voltage and current range that is modulated by the internal electronic regulator. Yet - would be interesting to see if they actually hyperflash like you mentioned.
Old 2nd September 2019, 21:03   #2590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I was worried about the same however thought to give it a shot anyway and luckily it works flawlessly. I have been using these for about a week now and no issues whatsoever apart from a scolding from my mother for using such bright lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Does it look ugly from close quarters when not in operation? Is it noticeable?
Here is a close up pic. IMO the OEM bulb on closeup looked classy owing to the bright color of the bulb. This bulb has a beauty of it's own.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190821_143106.jpg  

racsaxen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 21:22   #2591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racsaxen View Post
Here is a close up pic. IMO the OEM bulb on closeup looked classy owing to the bright color of the bulb. This bulb has a beauty of it's own.
Indeed! Looks quite funky this way. Guess what, I have ordered a pair already this morning . Waiting impatiently now.

Thanks for this pointer!
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 13:19   #2592
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched the latest Tata Motors TVC? One more added to a long list of well made commercials from Tata Motors. Its one of the better TVCs across auto makers this year I'd say. It relates very well with my extended family that has a long history of multiple Indicas, Vistas, Tiagos, Tigors & Nexons!

Subtle progressive hints like ladies driving cars like Nexon & Harrier are a nice touch too! Made my day.

Reinhard is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 16:08   #2593

Heat radiating from the RHS leg side panel

With the A.C. running at 24C, fan speed - 1, air direction - center (front). There is a major issue I am facing wherein heat is radiating from the RHS leg side panel, next to foot rest (circled in red in the pic). The side panel having the vents becomes hot and radiates so much heat ,within half an hour, while driving that I have to move my leg away.

This is causing extreme discomfort and is totally spoiling my driving experience.

The A.S.S. say this issue is present on all Nexons, which I do not believe, and that Tata is aware of the issue but have not come up with a resolution yet . On searching, I found this issue to be widespread.

Is anyone else here facing this issue or can help me resolve this?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-rhs-side-panel-1.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-rhs-side-panel-2.jpeg  

G.Harry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 16:56   #2594
BHPian

Quote:
Heat radiating from the RHS leg side panel

With the A.C. running at 24C, fan speed - 1, air direction - center (front). There is a major issue I am facing wherein heat is radiating from the RHS leg side panel, next to foot rest (circled in red in the pic). The side panel having the vents becomes hot and radiates so much heat ,within half an hour, while driving that I have to move my leg away.
This generally happens when the outside temp is less than the ACC set temp. For eg. If the outside temp is 21 and the ACC is 24 then the airvents near leg will blow warm air. This happens in my nexon as well

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd September 2019 at 18:01. Reason: Quote content trimmed
Old 3rd September 2019, 17:14   #2595

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
This generally happens when the outside temp is less than the ACC set temp. For eg. If the outside temp is 21 and the ACC is 24 then the airvents near leg will blow warm air. This happens in my nexon as well
But then this is a major design flaw, right? While the rest of the cabin is comfortable, the driver has to be really uncomfortable. Tata Motors should issue a recall and fix this issue with all Nexons IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks