Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2019, 00:48   #2671
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Completed a DIY headlamp upgrade on Eugene. Osram HID conversion kit 4200K on low beams in stock projectors. Very good results and fun to do! More than worth the money and time spent.

Details are now published here -

Link - DIY Nexon HID kit install (DIY - Tata Nexon XZ+ - Osram 35W HID conversion kit)
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 08:14   #2672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
The software is now upgraded to 15.10, but yes, the clock stills lags behind... in last 16 hours, it is lagging behind by 12 minutes

The dealership informed that the price for extended warranty (2 years) for Nexon XZ+ Petrol will shoot to Rs. 16000+ starting Monday, Sept. 23 from the existing Rs. 10400 and that for additional one year (3 years) will cost Rs. 20,000+ This rate is for extended warranty bought within the first 90 days of purchase with proportional increases with the age of the car. So, for those who have bought their Tata cars in the last 90 days, today is the last day to avail the old prices for extended warranty.
Increase in extended warranty price; does that mean Tata's quality is going downhill now? Example quoted for clock running slow is an excellent one on that front
Old 25th September 2019, 09:10   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
So, for those who have bought their Tata cars in the last 90 days, today is the last day to avail the old prices for extended warranty.
Any confirmed news on this? My Nexon is 1.5 years old and i was planning to buy extended warranty this month. The last time i checked, amount was around 15k-16k for 2 years for Nexon XZ+ Diesel. I hope the increase is not much. I should have bought it during vehicle purchase itself. Completely repent my decision now but Vitamin M was an issue at that time.
Old 25th September 2019, 09:35   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Completed a DIY headlamp upgrade on Eugene. Osram HID conversion kit 4200K on low beams in stock projectors. Very good results and fun to do! More than worth the money and time spent.

Details are now published here -

Link - DIY Nexon HID kit install (DIY - Tata Nexon XZ+ - Osram 35W HID conversion kit)
How about the warranty issues?
Old 25th September 2019, 09:46   #2675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
How about the warranty issues?
Its a plug and play with stock harness connectors. No splice of any wire. Let alone splice, not even a T-tap connector had to be used anywhere. The whole setup can be disconnected, removed in 5 minutes. You can get factory setup in no time.

P.S. I have uploaded the test video now on the DIY thread finally.

Last edited by Reinhard : 25th September 2019 at 09:54.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 09:47   #2676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Any confirmed news on this? My Nexon is 1.5 years old and i was planning to buy extended warranty this month. The last time i checked, amount was around 15k-16k for 2 years for Nexon XZ+ Diesel. I hope the increase is not much. I should have bought it during vehicle purchase itself. Completely repent my decision now but Vitamin M was an issue at that time.
I got it during my First service which was withing the first 1.5 months. I had paid 11.5K at that time for extended warranty for 2 years.
I was wondering if I can opt opt for the third year warranty
Old 25th September 2019, 09:49   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Its a plug and play with stock harness connectors. No splice of any wire. Let alone splice, not even a T-tap connector had to be used anywhere. The whole setup can be disconnected, removed in 5 minutes. You can get factory setup in no time.
So you would have to remove it everytime you give it for a service.
Old 25th September 2019, 09:59   #2678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
So you would have to remove it everytime you give it for a service.
On the contrary - I have always had aftermarket fitment in my Tata including replaced horns, amplifiers, subwoofers, extra speakers & changed head unit even. All with plenty wire splicing & fitments. Tata doesn't trouble warranty for such items. Got a few electric motors etc changed under warranty while all these were in the car in clear sight. Never heard a case of TML (and MSIL) finding cheap reasons to run away from warranty. Thats typical Hyundai territory.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 10:06   #2679
BHPian

Good for you @Reinhard. I have had heard of stories wherein the dealer tries every trick in the book to wriggle. Hope you don't have to face any.
Old 29th September 2019, 00:17   #2680

Hello Guys,

This is my first post in T-BHP and thanks to the MOD's for accepting me in. So, I own a Nexon XZ (Glasgow grey) which is about 9 months old now. No issues thus far and the experience has been a delight to say the least. ODO read is at 6,200 now, which I feel is not bad for a petrol. Two services done. First one at Prerana, Kudlu gate and the second one at Concorde Motors, Mysore road and have decided to stick with the latter.

I am now planning to give an overhaul to my beauty which include upgrade to alloys (Neo Transformer) and tyres (Michelin Primacy 4 ST). One query that I have is, recently, TAMO has added DRL's and Fog Lamps as standard in XZ variant. Can this be added to old XZ variants as well ? Has any one on the forum got this done to any of the variants or have any leads on this ?

Thanks!
Old 29th September 2019, 13:05   #2681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbharadwaj16 View Post
One query that I have is, recently, TAMO has added DRL's and Fog Lamps as standard in XZ variant. Can this be added to old XZ variants as well ? Has any one on the forum got this done to any of the variants or have any leads on this?
You can procure new spec (XZ+) headlamp units and replace your existing ones. It is doable. It will set ou back by around 20-25k I'm guessing. I think you'll be able to find the exact pricing on Boodmo parts portal. Do you think the stock halogen projectors and DRL are worth that much?

Standard Nexon fog lamps are only 19W and very little of real use. I'd suggest you install good quality xenon HID projector fog lamps & retain your existing headlamps as they are. You'll get this done under 10k and gain a lot of real utility rather than just looks to show off.

Welcome to the forum! See you around.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 15:16   #2682
Senior - BHPian

Nexon plastic fade troubles me a lot. So I got someone to bring C4 from the UK. This is a permanent trim restorer. And just one pass has brought back the shine! Post 12 hours (time it needs to set) will give it another pass (though it's good to go right now). So impressed! So the first picture is the 'Before' and second pic is 'After'. The alcohol removed the surface of contaminants and prepped it.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_1547.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_1549.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_1548.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 16:49   #2683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Nexon plastic fade troubles me a lot. So I got someone to bring C4 from the UK. This is a permanent trim restorer. And just one pass has brought back the shine! Post 12 hours (time it needs to set) will give it another pass (though it's good to go right now). So impressed! So the first picture is the 'Before' and second pic is 'After'. The alcohol removed the surface of contaminants and prepped it.
Thanks for the tip. In UK at the moment so I will get the C4. Is C4 not available in India?
Old 29th September 2019, 17:22   #2684
Senior - BHPian

I have searched everywhere, couldn't find it. I have never seen a product work so well and so fast. So yeah, do get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edaks View Post
Thanks for the tip. In UK at the moment so I will get the C4. Is C4 not available in India?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 06:49   #2685
Senior - BHPian

The upcoming Nexon2020 looks smashing. Very eager to see 'the polarising' rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot-20190929-10.08.52-pm.png  

Sebring is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks