Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2019, 19:14   #2611

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Hi Harry. The issue that you mentioned is a carry over from the original platform that the Nexon is based on, the X1(zest/bolt twins). My Bolt has a similar issue which I have never bothered to fix neither I'm aware if there is a possible fix. As has been pointed out its not hot air from the climate control but heat that radiates from the panel to the left of the clutch pedal possibly due to some piping or something else. Its mostly ignorable but can be disconcerting at times as the footwell can get warm while the other cabin remains cold. You can check and will find that the passenger footwell does not have this issue. This can get especially irritating if you drive with shorts.
Hey coldice4u
Thanks for the info. You're right, the passenger side footwell does not have this issue. Definitely needs more attention from the manufacturer.
Old 4th September 2019, 20:27   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Oh by the way, I just noticed the TNT sticker on RHS .
How to get one? I follow it on Twitter. Is there any way to purchase it? Or it can only be won as a "goodie" via one-off contests? TIA.
There is no contest but just a form that you are required to fill in. Once the admins verify they would add you to the group. DM me your phone number and I will share the details with you on how you can get added to the group.

regards
Old 5th September 2019, 10:24   #2613
BHPian

Hi Guys anyone changed Oil in Nexon diesel at second service. I am planning to give the car for second service (ODO 7000KM) and was thinking of changing the oil. Planning of changing it myself, as I do not trust the ASS to do it since it is not recommended by TATA.
If anyone can answer. which oil did you use when changed.
Old 5th September 2019, 18:10   #2614
Senior - BHPian

Did a 1000 kms round trip to Munnar last week. Mighty impressed with my nexon during the hill drive, especially when we had to drive through muddy narrow/rough Talayar estate pathways, due to some damaged bridge on the main route. Ground clearance of the vehicle clearly helped a lot. 95% of the trip was with AC On, except for the time in the hills.

Overall trip meter reading was 1047.2 Kms. Total diesel filled was 58.88 litres. That leaves mileage at 17.78 Kmpl,which i guess is pretty good.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-mu.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Hi Guys anyone changed Oil in Nexon diesel at second service. I am planning to give the car for second service (ODO 7000KM) and was thinking of changing the oil.
Second service of my nexon(ODO 5800KMs) was done this week. When I asked the service advisor about oil change,he said it will be done at 15000Kms or 1 year ending, whichever comes first.

Nexon after service besides big brother Harrier
Tata Nexon : Official Review-ser.jpg

Last edited by badboyscad : 5th September 2019 at 18:15.
badboyscad is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 06:39   #2615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Are those aftermarket alloys? Would you mind telling me which? I think they look really good and suit the Nexon very well.

Also, how is ride quality with the aftermarket alloys? Is it the same or has it worsened?
Old 6th September 2019, 15:12   #2616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Are those aftermarket alloys? Would you mind telling me which? I think they look really good and suit the Nexon very well.
The are aftermarket 7J alloys. More pics and details in the below post.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4572866 (The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Also, how is ride quality with the aftermarket alloys? Is it the same or has it worsened?
Ride quality is superb compared to stock goodyears/steel rims, mostly because of the Primacy 4s.
badboyscad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 16:14   #2617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
The are aftermarket 7J alloys. More pics and details in the below post.
Ride quality is superb compared to stock goodyears/steel rims, mostly because of the Primacy 4s.
Checked it! Thanks. They sure look fabulous. Nice job with the 3M tape too on the pillars. By the way - whats the offset on those wheels? They seem to be bulging a bit out of the wheel wells - in a good way. Looking even better.

Although - do the front wheels with this offset (assuming its more than stock alloys) make a mess of the body with mud and spray in monsoons? Even in stock setup the OEM mudflaps are so useless on the Nexon! With its wide grippy tyres, front door, side claddings are always loaded with mud in 5 minutes of rain drive.

Last edited by Reinhard : 6th September 2019 at 16:30.
Old 6th September 2019, 18:16   #2618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way - whats the offset on those wheels?
There is a very little negative offset, almost negligible. That combined with the increased width(7J) of the aftermarket wheel makes the tires bulge out of the wheel well a little.

Quote:
Although - do the front wheels with this offset (assuming its more than stock alloys) make a mess of the body with mud and spray in monsoons?
They do make a mess in rains. In fact during my munnar trip, slush got sprayed even on the ORVMs.
badboyscad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 10:36   #2619
BHPian

Hi Reinhard, et al,

What made you choose Nexon D , instead of EcoSport TDCi? I feel even variants wise comparison , EcoSport beats NexonD hands down. Eg: Trend variant gets rear and front adjustable headrests, tilt and telescopic steering, rear wiper defogger, 205/ r16 inch wheels etc. Where Nexon lower variants skimp all of these features.TIA.
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 12:20   #2620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Hi Reinhard, et al,

What made you choose Nexon D , instead of EcoSport TDCi? I feel even variants wise comparison , EcoSport beats NexonD hands down. Eg: Trend variant gets rear and front adjustable headrests, tilt and telescopic steering, rear wiper defogger, 205/ r16 inch wheels etc. Where Nexon lower variants skimp all of these features.TIA.
Here's my list of why I chose Nexon over EcoSport.
  • I wanted the ICE system to have Android Auto. Its a must for me. Only S trim has it in EcoSport.
  • Space. Ecosport lacks it big time. I install a large ISOFIX kid booster seat in back. That reduces EcoSport's already limited rear space.
  • Not sure if Ecosport's all variants come with ISOFIX seat mounts as standard. Maybe they do? I needed it and Nexon has them.
  • My family is all 6+ ft. We need a spacious cabin with ample head-shoulder-knee room. EcoSport doesn't have it.
  • My Nexon has a proper COOLED rear AC and it has already proven its merit. Chills bones in the rear in 20 seconds flat in hot sun.
  • EcoSport's rear seat doesn't split + flat fold.
  • Nexon gives far better ride comfort over EcoSport. I found Nexon's braking better than EcoSport too.
  • Nothing comes even near the music quality offered by Tata ConnectNext. It makes a big difference as its a vital component of my long drives.
  • Lower trims were never in my list. It was always XZ+. I don't buy cars without rear wipe & wash. - Trend EcoSport I think has it of course.
  • Tata's long term ownership generally is cheaper as long as we get specific things done from them & ask them to hibernate their brains when working on our car. I know a bit so am confident about maintaining my car.
  • I like the boot mounted spare wheel only when its mounted on others' cars. I have seen it causing alignment issues & rattles on countless cars. So never fancy it. Spare is better secured inside the car IMO.
  • EcoSport's boot opens sideways. Its quite inconvenient in many tight parking spaces including mine. I prefer an upward opening hatch.
  • Approach angles of EcoSport are quite limited with its low bumper and wind deflector. Places where I go - it scrapes. Nexon's front lip is almost 0. Can go places better.
  • I have experienced Tata's strong build in a horrible accident myself. Came out without a scratch & used the car further for 5 years. I can swear by safe build. Didn't need to venture into unknowns with a new brand (of course I know the Ecosport is built like a tank too & its European versions are certified with good ratings). With Nexon's X1 platform & 5 star safety rating in GNCAP, I have that much more peace of mind when out with my kid.
  • EcoSport's steering is too cluttered for me. I prefer minimal buttons on steerings. In fact I like how Maruti / Renault have installed their telephony controlls out of main steering wheel. Nexon's is quite small & good to hold too. (But lacks leather wrap sadly!)
  • EcoSport S that meets my requirements - costs quite high. Nexon wins.
  • I like Nexon's wide track & short wheelbase. Its quite fun to chug around too.

Overall - I rate both cars equal & would have picked either on any other day too. Always a dilemma! Stuck with Tata out of "swadeshi" attachment & previous ownership confidence.

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th September 2019 at 12:44. Reason: Punctuation
Reinhard is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 13:19   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Overall - I rate both cars equal & would have picked either on any other day too. Always a dilemma! Stuck with Tata out of "swadeshi" attachment & previous ownership confidence.
Even I was in the same boat 5 months back and picked Nexon XZ+ D.
Adding onto Reinhard, will the car be "only car" or is it a second car. If this is a second car Ecosport is good stock car. Three major things that go against it
1. Space
2. Ride Quality
3. Music system.

But it has other things better than Nexon
1. Fog lamps (35W vs Nexon 19W)
2. Brilliant Touchscreen and reverse camera (both are mediocre in Nexon)
3. Option to have leather seats. Not an option in Nexon
4. Top end Ecosport has good set of features esp. safety
5. Has a proper TC auto but only in petrol.
6. Better interior quality of plastic and firmer seats for long drives (Nexon is not bad either honestly, just that i wished a bit more firm seats)

For an "Only car" Nexon is a perfect balance in power, space and goodies.
Ecosport is a more dedicated, purpose built car. Decide you priority it should be an easy pick between the 2
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 21:50   #2622
BHPian

Got my second service done today at Concorde motors Dairy Circle for XZ+ diesel.
As per schedule the oil change was to be done post 1 year or 15K KM, however I insisted it to be done now and paid a total of 2400 including the oil filter. Oil used was Magnatec Pro T 5W30

Latest software version got updated have no clue what the changes are. There was a mild rattle on both front doors that seem to have disappeared as of now. Till now the service has been decent and nothing to complain about.

Just hope the happy time continue. Scheduled for a tank up tomorrow will update the FE details.
aniyo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 10:05   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
Just hope the happy time continue. Scheduled for a tank up tomorrow will update the FE details.
Tank up today. Shell Diesel. Rate 68.15. Total fuel 28.64L. Similar time, same dispenser.
FE as per MID: 17.9KMPL
FE as per T2T: 14.87 (error rate of 3kmpl seems consistent)

My previous observation about range calculation also holds true.
(DTE+Trip)/40.5 gives accurate FE. Should one want to calculate, this is the method
for this trip, (176+426.6)/40.5 works out to be 14.88 which is same as T2T.

Oil change seems to have made the engine smoother, could be placebo but I did feel the engine noise lower.
Have a 800KM trip coming up next week to Chennai will update on the performance again.

Last edited by aniyo : 12th September 2019 at 10:06.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 10:22   #2624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As per schedule the oil change was to be done post 1 year or 15K KM, however I insisted it to be done now and paid a total of 2400 including the oil filter. Oil used was Magnatec Pro T 5W30
Thats a reasonable cost. How much oil does the 1.5 D drink? I forgot and not able to remember at all. 2400 isn't much - does it not include labour charge because of this being a free service?

I have also filled Shell diesel for the first time yesterday (regular, not V Power). MID is showing better mileage numbers & lower RPM torque seems smoother in delivery. Let's see how it goes over till next tank fill. BP regular diesel was giving me around 23kmpl consistently. This T2T will give an idea of Shell. I used to fill Shell in my 1.3MJD car & it made absolutely no difference in any of the metrics compared to others. Perhaps that means the 1.3MJD is a versatile and better calibrated engine that doesn't give much variance across different fuel variants. Will keep monitoring. Interesting to compare these two.

Last edited by Reinhard : 12th September 2019 at 10:33.
Old 12th September 2019, 10:40   #2625
Senior - BHPian

It drinks all of 5 litres. I insisted every time on Mobil Semi-Synth, and find it really smooth. Petronas oil is the third option. Service (and with consumables) has been cheap, with all costs being very kind on the wallet. My Diesel Nexon has done 30,000 Kms.

Quote:
Thats a reasonable cost. How much oil does the 1.5 D drink? I forgot and not able to remember at all. 2400 isn't much - does it not include labour charge because of this being a free service?
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks