Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2021, 13:25   #4111
RBR
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
I had booked Nexon on Mar 28th of this year and still waiting for the car. Meanwhile the Sales person said that as it is beyond July there is no price protection on the May price revision and I will have to pay the new prices
As I booked in the same month, though three weeks before yours, and am also awaiting my steed, my advice is to speak with the sales head or GM Sales. Because the price increased from May 8, 2021, you should receive price protection.
Old 2nd July 2021, 13:38   #4112
BHPian

I own a Aug 2020 BS6 Nexon petrol XZ+. Today I got a call from a Tata service center in Pune asking me to bring my car for a software update. An appointment has been booked for tomorrow morning and I'm told it would take 3-4 hours.

Has anyone here got the update for their car? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks
Sameer
Old 2nd July 2021, 15:19   #4113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post
Thanks, Reinhard. I know, but I don't want a Thar. I decided to book this after much deliberation. My parents are senior citizens, and I want to provide them with a safe vehicle that also provides a comfortable ride in the second row seats.
Of course mate - I know you aren't looking for a Thar & one looking for it, can never buy anything else. I was only putting into perspective - the waiting duration. Thar has a prohibitive wait already, which is okay for a niche vehicle still. In your case - the Nexon is inching threateningly close to what people need to wait for a Thar. Thats all. Wish you a quick delivery & enjoyable ownership ahead for your family as part of Nexon owner's group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyD View Post
I own a Aug 2020 BS6 Nexon petrol XZ+. Today I got a call from a Tata service center in Pune asking me to bring my car for a software update. An appointment has been booked for tomorrow morning and I'm told it would take 3-4 hours.
Given its an Aug'20 car - I'd presume your 1 year service is now just a month ahead. I would suggest you don't visit now, but get the software update done as part of your service visit. Its better to minimize extra public contact still in our city given the state of the pandemic wherever possible. 1 visit definitely better than 2 visits.

Last edited by Reinhard : 2nd July 2021 at 15:21.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 15:33   #4114
vcy

Hey all,

I booked a Nexon XZ+ (ST) on 17-March and then changed my booking to XZ+(DT) on 11-Apr.

I just received a call from the dealership that the Vehicle will be allocated in the next 72 hours and asked me to be ready with my Loan and Financial arrangements.

I have lost the quotation on which they promised certain discounts and accessories.

Could you please advise and share what all can be negotiated and also what accessories should I go for. (Sorry for this naive question. This is my first car)

Also, please advise if its worth to go for the extended warranty and Insurance from the dealer?

Awaiting a quick guidance please

Thanks
Vishwa
Old 2nd July 2021, 18:04   #4115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcy View Post
Hey all,

I booked a Nexon XZ+ (ST) on 17-March and then changed my booking to XZ+(DT) on 11-Apr.

I just received a call from the dealership that the Vehicle will be allocated in the next 72 hours and asked me to be ready with my Loan and Financial arrangements.

I have lost the quotation on which they promised certain discounts and accessories.

Could you please advise and share what all can be negotiated and also what accessories should I go for. (Sorry for this naive question. This is my first car)

Also, please advise if its worth to go for the extended warranty and Insurance from the dealer?

Thanks
Vishwa
You already are getting xz+ variant so there's a lot of features in the car, on top of my head go for mud flaps, matting can be purchased from outside as the showroom one isn't good. Sest covers are very expensive in the showroom so get them from outside too.

Always go for maximum warranty that is possible, for TATA it is 3 years, so you will have 5 years of total warranty. Tata cars have some niggles here and there so it's always good to have long warranty.

About insurance, dealers always make a profit on insurance, you have two options, check insurance quotes online and ask the dealer to match that price, (select covers like zero depreciation, consumables, Road side assistance, engine and gearbox cover if you live in a flood prone area) or if the dealer doesn't agree to match the price, get the insurance from outside.

It doesn't even matter from where you get the insurance, once a car is sold its you, your car and the service center. I have taken many claims and have never faced a issue.

Check policybazaar for prices, select IDV as 95% of cost of the ex showroom price of your car. If you want to know about different insurance covers, check go digit insurance, they have explained all the covers in very simple terms.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 23:36   #4116
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

While taking the insurance after negotiations just make sure to check whether the policy is cashless across India. They silently passed on a non-cashless one to my brother which we found during the claim.

Also max extended warranty is a must.

Take your KYC docs and make sure to follow up for connected car features if your car has them. It probably doesn’t.

Skip any accessories they do not have in stock. They take a lot of time in the process leading to frustration.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 09:04   #4117
vcy

@yesyeswe and @Tgo - Thanks a lot for your quick inputs. Really helpful.

I will do the analysis on insurance as advised by you and also lookout for cashless policy.

Does anyone in this group have pictures of latest version of Nexon Dual tone vehicles.

I'm not convinced White with Silver top (DT) is better looking than White (ST), but my wife is insisting on going for a DT vehicle

The dealer has a Red + Silver Dualtone ready apparently, but we didn't like the shade of Red and the combination of Red with Silver Top.

Any suggestions?
Old 3rd July 2021, 10:59   #4118
BHPian

Quote:
@yesyeswe and @Tgo - Thanks a lot for your quick inputs. Really helpful.

Any suggestions?
No worries, for colors you should check youtube, I'm sure you'll find many videos of walk-arounds. Colour choice is always subjective, what I like might not be upto your taste. Ask the sales person to take you to the storage yard and there you would see other colours too. My personal preference is foliage green.
Old 4th July 2021, 16:34   #4119
BHPian

Checked out the Nexon today and I am floored !! The showroom had decent footfall and the sales guy was superb! Though I did not take a long good look at the car the drive sealed the deal for me. I drove the AMT petrol version. The AMT unit is typical, but felt a lot smoother than the Kwid AMT which I have experience of. The car is spacious and I was comfortable cruising around city. Drove effortlessly up and down a hill. The AMT is a buzz kill though, this car deserves a proper auto

My preference would be either XZA petrol or XMA diesel. The diesel is unavailable for test drive. However on my insisting the sales person told me he would arrange a customer car if any customer is willing to share.

Regarding fuel efficiency the sales person was quite confident that the petrol will return 15 kmpl in the city and the diesel 20. I repeatedly asked him if he was sure. I could not digest these figures.

He also suggested to test drive the EV. But I did not have the time for that today.

I request owners to shed some light on the real world fuel efficiency. It would be really helpful as I have a running of 80kms everyday.

I will take a detailed drive again next Sunday.
Old 4th July 2021, 17:20   #4120
Senior - BHPian

Diesel consistently returns 18+ KMPL in city (Mine). I got 24 KMPL even on my highway drives (Tank To Tank method. Mid is showing 3KMPL more always). Petrol; 12-14 KMPL (My friend's). If you're doing 80-100 Kms per day, diesel it is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Regarding fuel efficiency the sales person was quite confident that the petrol will return 15 kmpl in the city and the diesel 20. I repeatedly asked him if he was sure. I could not digest these figures.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 18:15   #4121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Diesel consistently returns 18+ KMPL in city (Mine). I got 24 KMPL even on my highway drives (Tank To Tank method. Mid is showing 3KMPL more always). Petrol; 12-14 KMPL (My friend's). If you're doing 80-100 Kms per day, diesel it is!

Thanks for thr prompt response. All this in the infamous bangalore traffic? Is this in any particular mode? Like all eco, or mix of city and sport? My sales person did add that the minimum he's seen is 12kmpl in city for the petrol.

Last edited by 400notout : 4th July 2021 at 18:39.
Old 4th July 2021, 23:35   #4122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As a petrol Nexon owner since 2019, mine is a BS-4 pre-facelift variant, you will get 10-10.5 kmpl in city traffic with continuous AC. Highways if you keep your speeds below 110 kmph, you'll easily get 17kmpl(with AC). Above 120kmph, fuel efficiency will drop to 14.5kmpl(with AC).
In the hills you should get an average between 13.5 to 15kmpl, depending on the severity of the gradient.

All above figures are on a tankfull to tankfull basis, at auto cut-off, using regular grade fuel, in hellish Kolkata city traffic, which is possibly at par with Bangalore.
I always use "Sport" mode because the engine develops full power & you need to shift a lot less in "Sport" mode compared to the other modes.
arjab is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 08:49   #4123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
As a petrol Nexon owner
Thanks Arjab, really appreciate the response. I have been digging this thread all night with regards to owner experiences. From what I have understood as of now, between petrol and diesel I will be paying 16 % premium for diesel which will give will 30 % lower fuel running costs. With my current running it'll take me about 33 months to recover the premium on diesel. This while not even calculating the increased insurance and service costs.

From what I have understood about Nexon petrol, it being a turbo petrol is sensitive to throttle input. One can play with the modes to extract either power or efficiency. Now this puts me in a spot as in my present Honda city, I never care about efficiency as it is not very sensitive to driving speeds. I get anywhere between 12 to 14 in my current run in city. I can't be thinking of fuel efficiency while driving but the diesel top end is really priced out of my range. Even the top petrol was a stretch to begin with. Also theres no job security in my industry, I could change jobs anytime and travel requires might change accordingly. If only Tata provided an armrest in the XMA, the only thing I would add is alloys.

I guess I need to be a little more confident before deciding. Maybe I get used to managing the petrol.
Old 5th July 2021, 09:03   #4124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arjab, really appreciate the response.
Most welcome! Glad to be of help, however little it may be!
I think with your daily running pattern a diesel is more suitable. Maybe the mid XM may come within your budget. Another is if you wish to consider other makes such as the Ford EcoSport diesel which is also a very competent vehicle. The petrol EcoSport is also a sweet drive.
Even and smooth throttle inputs are the key to getting the maximum fuel efficiency out of a Nexon petrol. Also try to shift up around the 2000 rpm mark to the next ratio in urban traffic to keep things easy and you can more or less expect 11kmpl with AC on tankfull to tankfull basis. Then smaller things, like switching off the engine at long traffic signals or just switching off the AC compressor at traffic signals will help the Petrol Nexon's fuel efficiency a few decimals more! In these days of 100-rupee-a-litre, every decimal counts.
arjab is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 10:16   #4125
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe the mid XM may come within your budget. Another is if you wish to consider other makes such as the Ford EcoSport diesel which is also a very competent vehicle. The petrol EcoSport is also a sweet drive.
Lack of a Diesel auto and Fords precarious position has taken thr Ecosport off my list. As an ex Chevrolet owner, I can confirm that spares though available, take time to source and are not priced well. Don't want a deja vu.

The other option is Sonet, but Kia is off my list after the Seltos debacle. It has a well kitted proper automatic version at 13.5 much Lower than the 14.3 for the AMT Nexon. So either Tata is fleecing or the Kia is cheaper at places I cannot see. Also the claimed efficiency if the Sonet diesel auto is that of a sedately driven petrol. I could not get any owners to respond on the Sonet thread to this.

Quote:
Even and smooth throttle inputs are the key to getting the maximum fuel efficiency out of a Nexon petrol. Also try to shift up around the 2000 rpm mark to the next ratio in urban traffic to keep things easy and you can more or less expect 11kmpl with AC on tankfull to tankfull basis. Then smaller things, like switching off the engine at long traffic signals or just switching off the AC compressor at traffic signals will help the Petrol Nexon's fuel efficiency a few decimals more! In these days of 100-rupee-a-litre, every decimal counts.
So diesel it is. Let see if I can stretch for the top variant. Or else get the XMA and modify it down the line.

Last edited by 400notout : 5th July 2021 at 10:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks