Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2021, 11:19   #4201
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

High on demand India's first 5 star crash rated car sold 10,287 units in July 2021. Looks like Nexon is the 3rd car from TML to sold 10K+ units pm after Indica and Nano.
Quote:
The Nexon was the most sold Tata model last month as 10,287 units were recorded in July 2021 against 4,327 units during the same period in 2020 with a massive 137.7 per cent YoY sales surge. In July 2020, the homegrown company registered its highest overall domestic tally in 16 months and last month 101 per cent YoY growth was registered courtesy of 30,185 unit sales.
Gaadiwaadi
TorqueIndia is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 19:50   #4202
Senior - BHPian

When I bought one of the first Nexons in Sep 2017, there was barely any interest. Positive user reviews and Five Star Safety rating have done wonders for the brand. Kudos to TM on this achievement
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
High on demand India's first 5 star crash rated car sold 10,287 units in July 2021. Looks like Nexon is the 3rd car from TML to sold 10K+ units pm after Indica and Nano
Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 13:16   #4203
RBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post
A quick update: After more than four months of waiting, TL from Sab Motors, Lajpat Nagar, Delhi called to inform me that a vehicle had been allotted to me today, July 19, 2021, against my booking made on March 7, 2021.
He estimated that it would take 10-15 days for the vehicle to arrive at their stockyard.
When I asked for the VIN, he said he'd get back to me soon and would collect 70% of the money
I told him I'd pay after the PDI, to which he said, "He'll do the registration after I've done the PDI."
I could understand (maybe I'm wrong) the tactic of extracting money under false pretences, so I politely turned him down - "any payment will be made only after the PDI is completed to BHPian's standards".
I'll try to provide an update as soon as possible.
I'm at a loss for words. The TL who demanded 50% of the invoice value while claiming that my vehicle had been assigned and was in transit was telling lies. Sab Motors Lajpat Nagar's VP clarified (only after I called him post receiving a nasty email from their CRM putting me on the spot and stopping just short of saying I've been delaying the delivery and they have it in stock and I need to pay by July 31st if I want to avail the Tata's price protection ) that I haven't even been allotted any vehicle and the colour which I opted for isn't even billed to them for past 2 weeks.
After having had enough of the dealer, I escalated the situation to Tata Motors' Zonal Manager (North), who connected me to the territory manager, who assured me once again (I've lost count of who all and how many times I've been assured since the day I booked my vehicle). A week has passed and there's a radio silence from Tata Motors or their Delhi dealer Sab Motors Lajpat Nagar.
RBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 19:02   #4204
BHPian

Quote:
I'm at a loss for words. The TL who demanded 50% of the invoice value while claiming that my vehicle had been assigned and was in transit was telling lies. Sab Motors Lajpat Nagar's VP clarified (only after I called him post receiving a nasty email from their CRM putting me on the spot and stopping just short of saying I've been delaying the delivery and they have it in stock and I need to pay by July 31st if I want to avail the Tata's price protection ) that I haven't even been allotted any vehicle and the colour which I opted for isn't even billed to them for past 2 weeks.
This kind of behavior by dealerships and Tata's loose or no control over them is making things bad. I was dealing with sagar motors in the month of july for a booking for tata nexon/tiago. And it happened with me twice that the CA called and said that new pricing is going to applicable from tomorrow and one should book today to get a Price protection.

When i raised this concern with Tata Territory sales manager, his first statement was that Sir they also have their sales targets. And next 10 mins were spent in justifying to him that the CA was wrong.

These kind of statements by their customer/Sales advisor breaks the trust. Sagar Motors is No 1 dealership in terms of sale numbers with in Delhi NCR region. But, nobody from the Tata or dealership takes care of such things. dealership is interested in money minting and they do it by either hook or crook.
Old 7th August 2021, 23:12   #4205
BHPian

Hello,

I received my Tata Nexon Petrol last week, and I had promptly filled the tank. The tank drank about 35 litres of petrol and the spout shut off automatically. The car calculated a range of about 450 kms.
Now, as per specs, the tank should be 44 litres. So, is the car calculating about 10km/l average in measuring the range? Or there is some other issue which I am not able to understand here.
As of today, I have driven about 230 kms and another 240 kms are remaining in range, with half tank of fuel.

Some help in understanding this situation please!

Cheers!
Old 8th August 2021, 14:19   #4206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Hello,

Cheers!
First of all, congratulations on your new vehicle.
Now, your car will increase/decrease the Range of the vehicle based on the fuel efficiency you are able to extract. Having said that, the range will increase when you drive on the highway because it will give a better fuel efficiency on highways. Hope this clears your query.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 08:17   #4207
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
Now, as per specs, the tank should be 44 litres. So, is the car calculating about 10km/l average in measuring the range? Or there is some other issue which I am not able to understand here.

Cheers!
Same as what sahil624 mentioned. The range is dynamically estimated, depending on the current driving situation and engine load.

For my 2019 XZA+ D, I have had it from as low as 490 (within city short trips with A/C always on and frequent starts/stops) going all the way up to 827 (while on 4 digit kms. highway run with 4-lane highways throughout), and my driving was on the default CITY mode throughout.

Recommend you treat the range only as an indication of when to fill up again, and as you keep on getting more familiar with the vehicle's driving characteristics, the average will keep on increasing to the optimum level.

Would want to caution you from using ECO mode in the city, as that reduces the power required for the busy conditions and actually results in poorer fuel efficiency as the engine struggles more.
NowNew7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 20:11   #4208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetarin View Post
What a thread!

Hello Bhpians! I in the hunt of my next car (sub 12 lacs) after parting ways with my Hyundai i10 after 6 years. I would prefer a Petrol car with Manual transmission. Would mostly use it for weekend getaways along with some city drive. I have a RE bike too which is more convenient to commute in Bangalore traffic. So diesel wont find a great usage. Also a fan of manual gearboxes.
My requirements are as follows:

1. High on safety
2. Good and fun driving experience with good ground clearance. I am not a red-liner but do like to rev my car in empty stretches. Also don't prefer hard suspensions
3. Good seat comfort including rear seats. Will mostly drive it myself but trips with friends come up on the cards at times, so rear seats should not be very cramped
4. Good boot space
5. Phone connectivity (Apple car play)

I am still in my research stage and havent TD-ed any car yet. My considerations are:

1. Ecosport - Heard a lot about its engine capability. Has good road presence. However Ford has removed Sync3 and rear seat appears cramped
2. Venue - Feature rich, but the car appears really small and hatch-like on the road. Also safety aspects are not good. Not sure about the turbo engine reliability
3. Nexon - Safety is top-notch however reviews say that the engine feels a stutter and lacks power at times. Also I am a bit concerned about the reliability of Turbo engines in the long run and understand it requires more maintenance
4. WRV - No real positives or negatives but the interiors are not very appealing. Also got no real feedback regarding seat space and comfort
5. Freestyle - Best value for the budget in terms of safety as per reviews. 6 airbags in 9L budget is a great deal! However its more of a hatch and has limited boot space. Also lacks Apple car play feature

I did consider the Honda City 4th Gen too but it doesn't have a good GC. This BTW has been my dream car since childhood but I cant abuse this on bad roads. Considered the XUV300 too which is a great performer but has less boot space and again I have the Turbo reliability confusion.

Can someone throw in their valuable inputs and help me in this dilemma. Will start the TD's February onwards. Thanks in advance.

P.S - The car would be purchased in Kolkata.
I have been facing the same dilemma for some time now. Loved the Honda City inspite of its niggles. But the Nexon diesel really captured my heart. May I go forward and list a few pro s of this car? Well here goes:
1. TATA makes really good diesels
2. Driving posture is really good for my lumbar pain.
3. SUV ground clearance gives peace of mind as roads in our state (myself from Durgapur) are not pristine to say the least.
4. Good visibility
5. Mileage is supposed to be good.(Petrol version gives horrible mileage)
6. Maintenance of a diesel is not far out from a turbo petrol.
7. Bells and whistles are all there almost.
8. Music system is quite good.

I have left out the sunroof part, since I hate that feature.
HONESTabdul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 20:21   #4209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post
Dear BHPians,

I am planning to buy Nexon petrol (XM MT). I took a test drive last week and completely satisfied with the performance of the vehicle. Only concern now I have about the mileage and after service. I saw many owner's in multiple FB groups, commenting about a very low mileage i.e., around 10 kmpl only, which scared me a little bit. 50% of travel contribution is from my daily commute to office 4.5 kms in 25-30mins , due to the traffic condition. And the rest 50% will be from road trips - majority of them would be hill stations and ghat routes. Will I be able to maintain an economical relation with this vehicle? At least around 13-15 kmpl?
I know Diesel won't be good for a 12k/yr (Max) travel pattern, which is why I chose Petrol this time.
Currently I am having a Liva Diesel (which now I have put to sale though the T-BHP classifieds) which is entirely different in segment, fuel, performance and handling!
Also, is that mandatory to have this 7,500/6 months periodic service to keep warranty intact? As per the service schedule I could see its just a general check up.

Looking forward to get feedback from Nexon Petrol owners to take a final decision.

Thank you.
Though I am not a nexon owner myself, I am planning to buy one. I have taken comprehensive TDs and driven some belonging to friends. Petrol is ok to drive, but the mileage is abysmal as it will be for all turbo petrols. In city and in the city mode you cannot expect more than 12kmpl. In reality it will hover between 8 to 10 kmpl. Highway drives with a very light foot you maybe able to extract 16kmpl. This is why I changed my decision and am looking at the diesel version now.
Old 9th August 2021, 20:51   #4210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
In city and in the city mode you cannot expect more than 12kmpl. In reality it will hover between 8 to 10 kmpl. Highway drives with a very light foot you maybe able to extract 16kmpl
I can confirm the above. In bumper to bumper city traffic, one will get about 10kmpl with a lighter foot. I got 16 kmpl while travelling from Bangalore to Kolkata with a loaded car. Both of these numbers are calculated using tank to tank method and driving sedately. I have the XZ+ model with the wider tires, so the lower trims with slimmer tire profile should give slightly better mileage. For majorly highway runs, the petrol vs diesel mileage wouldn’t make a lot of difference. But with the rise of fuel prices, anyone with primarily city runs would prefer diesels. Given a choice, I would probably go for the diesel engine not because of mileage, but for the raw torque available to launch this heavy machine.
Old 10th August 2021, 22:35   #4211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post

Would want to caution you from using ECO mode in the city, as that reduces the power required for the busy conditions and actually results in poorer fuel efficiency as the engine struggles more.
As per my experience, Sports mode gives Maximum mileage in highway runs, couple of kms above City mode. I normally drive around 100 -110 kmph.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 10:18   #4212
RBR
BHPian

Quote:
After having had enough of the dealer, I escalated the situation to Tata Motors' Zonal Manager (North), who connected me to the territory manager, who assured me once again (I've lost count of who all and how many times I've been assured since the day I booked my vehicle). A week has passed and there's a radio silence from Tata Motors or their Delhi dealer Sab Motors Lajpat Nagar.
Finally, after 5 months of going round in circles and involving the Tata Motors Zonal Manager, I have the VIN . Now I'm looking forward to the day when the vehicle arrives in the dealership's stockyard and I get to perform the PDI.
Old 16th August 2021, 19:01   #4213
BHPian

Hello fellow Nexon owners,

I have a query for owners of variants which come with TPMS. Has anyone tried filling nitrogen in the tyres? How does TPMS react to it?

I'm thinking of filling up nitrogen but skeptical about how TPMS will work after that.

Thanks,
Sameer
Old 18th August 2021, 10:23   #4214
BHPian

Hello all,

This might appear as a noob question, but please bear with me. Despite driving cars since the last 10 years or so, this is the first time I have a car which has 6 forward gears
While switching gears from 5th to 6th, after pressing the tiny switch behind the lever, a few times, the gear would want to engage in the Reverse gear, instead of the 6th gear. Off course as soon as the lever hits reverse, there is a chime and I am also able to understand the wrong slotting, so I do not disengage the clutch, and instead let the car remain in 5th. Then again, start afresh the process of pressing the switch behind the lever, and trying hard to pull down the gear as straight as possible to 6th.
Generally in the second try, I manage to engage the intended gear.

My question is that is this issue being faced by others too? Also, in my understanding, the reverse gear should be possible to be engaged only if the ring below the gear knob is pulled and then slotted, why is the car trying to engage the reverse gear even if am pressing switch behind the knob. Any information about this phenomenon would be appreciated.
Old 18th August 2021, 16:21   #4215
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

This might appear as a noob question, but please bear with me. Despite driving cars since the last 10 years or so, this is the first time I have a car which has 6 forward gears
While switching gears from 5th to 6th, after pressing the tiny switch behind the lever, a few times, the gear would want to engage in the Reverse gear, instead of the 6th gear. Off course as soon as the lever hits reverse, there is a chime and I am also able to understand the wrong slotting, so I do not disengage the clutch, and instead let the car remain in 5th. Then again, start afresh the process of pressing the switch behind the lever, and trying hard to pull down the gear as straight as possible to 6th.
Generally in the second try, I manage to engage the intended gear.

My question is that is this issue being faced by others too? Also, in my understanding, the reverse gear should be possible to be engaged only if the ring below the gear knob is pulled and then slotted, why is the car trying to engage the reverse gear even if am pressing switch behind the knob. Any information about this phenomenon would be appreciated.
Well, It seems I should have paid more attention to the "switch behind the gear knob" and would have realized that it pulls the ring below the gear knob to help engage reverse and that the 6th gear can be engaged directly pulling down from 5th.
I do feel a bit stupid now, but then, honest mistake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks