Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2020, 23:04   #3451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Just curious. Has one tried checking with Tata Motors service centre (or know) if they are happy to change the meters instrumentation panel from the digital one to that of the older tacho and speedo meter pods?

Anyone has done this swap mod with Tata authorised sc or know if they will do it, for a price?
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 11:47   #3452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Just curious. Has one tried checking with Tata Motors service centre (or know) if they are happy to change the meters instrumentation panel from the digital one to that of the older tacho and speedo meter pods?
Anyone has done this swap mod with Tata authorised sc or know if they will do it, for a price?
I think it will be better to get this done at an FNG with experienced mechanics compared to at an ASC. Also - the meter console from 2017 batch Nexons - that has dedicated coolant temperature & fuel level gauges in the twin meter pods - costs as much as INR 13700 + shipping. So the change I think is not worth it! Better to continue with what you've got. You can use that money for something else in the car. Also - at least the new digital one gets coolant temperature indication which is welcome.

For reference - this is the item - Link : Boodmo.com - Nexon 2017 Instrument console

I had looked this up last year since my Nexon lacks the dedicated temperature & fuel level gauges. I wanted to swap. But the cost turned me away. Now I rely on the "coolant temperature high" warning light & the fuel gauge integrated into the central LCD MID.

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th December 2020 at 11:49. Reason: typo.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 11:49   #3453
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
We finally had to switch over to White instead of Silver for the Nexon XZ+(O) Petrol we booked on the 20th of Oct.
We're back to Silver now. A new dispatch arrived in the mean time. Delivery tomorrow. Too bad I cannot be there for the delivery.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 19:31   #3454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

I had looked this up last year since my Nexon lacks the dedicated temperature & fuel level gauges.
Why not get a OBD2adapter and the Torque app? I recommended the one with Wifi as Bluetooth is usually used to connect the phone with HU.
Shrey_1520 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 20:45   #3455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K_A View Post
Exactly. That's why I've decided to get these 3 things done from outside:
1. Bird view camera instead of parking sensor: I'm gonna get one that is compatible with Harman's headunit
Could you help me with the product details and availability? Even I am looking for bird view or side cameras that is compatible with the Harman unit for my Nexon EV.
Old 8th December 2020, 22:24   #3456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
Why not get a OBD2adapter and the Torque app? I recommended the one with Wifi as Bluetooth is usually used to connect the phone with HU.
Already got it & tested to work fine. Also tried projecting the output via Android Auto on the head unit screen & saw the gauges alright. But it seemed that the OBD2 port remained powered for all time that I checked when I turned off the car also. Not sure if its "always ON" or powers off after an hour or so after car is locked. Removed the OBD2 reader for now since I don't want it to keep draining the battery on bluetooth/wifi during lock-down / WFH days. The car is not started for weeks some times.
Old 8th December 2020, 22:54   #3457
BHPian

Guys, posting it here to get some Tata user reviews and feedback !

I am getting more and more inclined to replace my Ciaz 2015 ZDI+ SHVS model with Nexon Top Model(XZA+ OPT). Ciaz is around 55K kms driven, tires need replacement in few months, and is about 5.5 years old. Condition is excellent
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...50-000-km.html

So, even though mind says to hold on to Ciaz for few more years, heart is looking for a replacement.

1. Question is, should I go ahead with this swap at around March 2021, or hold off for some exciting SUV/Sub 4 Mtr SUV under 14.50L on road ?

2. Second question is, how is the service center and servicing/repair in Gurgaon/NCR ? I have been using Maruti cars since about 20 years, and have faced negligible issues so far - be it authorized center or known mechanics.
Old 8th December 2020, 23:27   #3458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
So, even though mind says to hold on to Ciaz for few more years, heart is looking for a replacement.

1. Question is, should I go ahead with this swap at around March 2021, or hold off for some exciting SUV/Sub 4 Mtr SUV under 14.50L on road ?

2. Second question is, how is the service center and servicing/repair in Gurgaon/NCR ? I have been using Maruti cars since about 20 years, and have faced negligible issues so far - be it authorized center or known mechanics.
While I understand the registration laws for Delhi-NCR, I'd still recommend you to hold on to Ciaz at-least for 3-4 years to negate the high depreciation one incurs during the first few years of ownership. Your vehicle is in good condition and spending another few years with it will only benefit you in the long run. By the time you're done with it, you'll have many more options to choose from, including a variety of gearboxes.

Coming to Tata's after sales service, its good but do not expect anything above market standards. Service levels vary from dealership to dealership and you may try a couple of them and stick to the one you like. Spares are easily available in the market and you can stick to a trusted garage once you're out of warranty period.
Old 9th December 2020, 00:07   #3459
BHPian

Quote:
I think you should wait for skoda and and volkswagen fo launch their suvs, as right now you aren't in a need of a new car, you should wait. They cars are going to be feature packed and value for money and safe as well.

Do check out the skoda vision thread, there i have posted some information regarding the new car, i think everyone who has a budget of around 15 lakhs should wait.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...g-india-3.html

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th December 2020 at 08:31. Reason: 1.5 lakh > 15 lakhs
Old 9th December 2020, 00:15   #3460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Do check out the skoda vision thread, there i have posted some information regarding the new car, i think everyone who has a budget of around 15 lakhs should wait.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...g-india-3.html
Sorry buddy - just interested in an option from these vendors - Tata/Mahindra/Maruti/Hyundai

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th December 2020 at 08:32. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 9th December 2020, 09:39   #3461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are you going to replace your diesel Ciaz with a diesel C-SUV? If yes, I'd suggest wait a few months more perhaps. I have seen some spy images of the Nexon diesel recently. With everything else identical - I have a strong hunch that a TCAT-Diesel Nexon is on the anvil. That one if real would be a sucker punch in the segment. Wait it out a bit for news around that. If no further progress, you can always go ahead for the swap around 2021. Prices anyway keep increasing by the quarter. So unless there is any further news on this, no point waiting any longer.

I don't think any brand new launches are planned in 2021 for the segment you are looking at. Perhaps 1 Mahindra/Ford car. But no clarity on that just yet.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 11:41   #3462
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Keep your Ciaz for another 2 years it will still sell at a good price. Wait for the Ford's SUV based on the XUV platform which will be a made in India product which might share the new age Mahindra engines offered in the Thar. Ford cars are generally exciting to drive and cheap to maintain (2015 onwards).

You will really need to accustom yourself to the reduced cabin space in a sub 4 meter car after driving the Ciaz for so long.
Old 9th December 2020, 15:45   #3463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Could you help me with the product details and availability? Even I am looking for bird view or side cameras that is compatible with the Harman unit for my Nexon EV.
I know of an accessory shop in Bangalore (Jayanagar and Kormangala) that claims to have such unit that is compatible with Harman. However, I haven't checked it out yet as I don't get time, even on the weekends.

The name of the place is Konark's: The house of Car accessories
J_K_A is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 12:54   #3464
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
We're back to Silver now. A new dispatch arrived in the mean time. Delivery tomorrow. Too bad I cannot be there for the delivery.

Delivery Day Experience

Yesterday, my brother took the delivery of his Nexon XZ+(O) Petrol from Tata Akar Fourwheel, Queens Road, Jaipur. Quite a happy moment for all of us. The parents accompanied them to the showroom while I could only participate through a phone call.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_e7946.jpg

The vehicle was readied for delivery and the time allotted was 10:15 AM. I liked the decently done ribbon work for decoration. The paperwork and payment was done a day earlier. They had promptly informed my brother that their accessories guy is on leave and hence the accessories we ordered would be installed after two days. That was okay with us since they had a outstation day-trip planned for today and needed the car for it. So, it was just a case of receiving the paperwork, instructions and familiarization with the keys and functions of the car.

A quick round of pictures was carried out in front of the car. Sanitization of all the frequently touched points, was done in front of them before driving out of the showroom by 11:00 AM. After pooja at the temple the car was home with a full tank of fuel.

My brother went through all the functions and features of the car throughout the day (like those times in 2001 when we were younger any would take the CDs to play on my Grandma's Santro parked in our drive). He removed and re-stuck the FasTag from below the IRVM to a little offset location since a dashcam install has been pre-planned. Used a hot water towel, placed from the outside to loosen-up the adhesive. It all went well. Removed the VIN sticker (visible from outside) on the window glass in a similar fashion and stuck it on the inside of the cover of the owner's manual, away from prying eyes.
It is out today, on its first highway trip (~450 km) and these are the MID reported figures for the onward leg of the journey. Will reserve the opinion till the tank is re-filled. Lets also see how long he keeps it in Eco.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-irmee7386.jpg

17.4 km/L for 227 km in Eco Mode
Tgo is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 14:24   #3465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
But it seemed that the OBD2 port remained powered for all time that I checked when I turned off the car also.
Oh! The one I got has a power on/off switch.
Shrey_1520 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks