Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 19:18   #3391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

If its Bangalore, ask your friend to get in touch with me. He can TD my Nexon to arrive at a decision. None of these issues exist. This car is one of the smoothest performers out there. He has obviously tried out an abused vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
I request the Nexon diesel manual owners to clarify whether the Clutch/Gearshift feel and NVH are so much bad in the latest Nexon. From official review and ownership reviews, I read that NVH is better, clutch is light and throw is short and only gearshift is little notchy but never expected this much bad feedback from my friend.
Sebring is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 20:41   #3392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Your car might have been manufactured before the change happened (Thank heavens!). BTW did you purchase the alloys separately?
Here is a grab from Nexon's official specifications page -

Attachment 2081325

Does show the thinner tyre on XMA also.

Tata Nexon Official Portal - Specifications
Sorry, missed your alloy query in my last response.

Yes, I purchased the regular Nexon alloys separately from dealer. I prefer OEM alloys over the aftermarket ones.
Madywheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 23:00   #3393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
If its Bangalore, ask your friend to get in touch with me. He can TD my Nexon to arrive at a decision. None of these issues exist. This car is one of the smoothest performers out there. He has obviously tried out an abused vehicle
Thanks a lot for your generosity and helping hand. He is in hometown for the festive weekend. I will contact you via PM once he is back in Bangalore.
gopi_rm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 15:21   #3394
BHPian

Its been 11 weeks since we booked the Foliage Green Nexon XZ+ (petrol) at Kochi. Dealer has no idea when the car would come. They think that the car may get be allotted this month, but nothing solid. Any idea whats happening? Is it because of Covid situation or huge demand or both?

I did receive the text from Tata Motors saying that one year extended warranty and RSA will be provided free-of-cost as a courtesy.
Old 18th November 2020, 17:46   #3395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Its been 11 weeks since we booked the Foliage Green Nexon XZ+ (petrol) at Kochi. Dealer has no idea when the car would come. They think that the car may get be allotted this month, but nothing solid. Any idea whats happening? Is it because of Covid situation or huge demand or both?

I did receive the text from Tata Motors saying that one year extended warranty and RSA will be provided free-of-cost as a courtesy.
11 Weeks! Petrol does take a long time and the worst the dealer told me was 2 months. Have you tried looking around with other dealers if they have any in stock ?

I booked one just last Friday 13th and the dealer has promised delivery in 2 weeks with another week due to out of station registration. I have booked XZ+ (O) Diesel - Techtonic Blue Dual Tone. Anybody here booked Diesel, what was the wait time ?
Does Tata call up the customer and confirm the booking of a car ?

PS: If anybody interested in Nexon XZ+ (O) Diesel White (Single Tone), the dealer in Dindigul (Kaveri Tata) has one in stock.

PPS: Sad seeing my lovely Figo go, hope nexon lives upto it. Fingers crossed.
Old 18th November 2020, 17:56   #3396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
11 Weeks! Petrol does take a long time and the worst the dealer told me was 2 months. Have you tried looking around with other dealers if they have any in stock ?
The dealer had told me 7 weeks.

In stock? No way that Nexons are in stock, at least in KL. I had called up the other dealer in Kochi (Malayalam motors), they too say it will be 2 months!.

The booking is confirmed, which is why I received the message from Tata Motors offering free extended warranty and RSA. My cousin and I booked at the same time, no allotment for us both.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 22:58   #3397
BHPian

Test drove nexon manual petrol.

Wife felt difficult in slotting gears ( she is used to a manual Xcent )

I felt the gear to be a bit tight in the 2nd to third gear shifting.

Tried it multiple times with the clutch fully stomped in, and the problem persisted.

The TD vehicle had 16k kms on the odo and seemed reasonably abused
Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 01:03   #3398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'd given my car for service and the gear knob felt different when I started driving back home. Looks like someone put their worn one in mine. Anyways, I had it replaced with the one from 2020 model. This has more rubber, feels chunky, and grips better. Cost me Rs 1600. This will be the first thing I've replaced in my 2017 car
Hi Sebring, the replaced gear knob looks to be the same as the old model from your photo. I was trying to change the gear knob of my Nexon XZ+ (2017 Dec model) to the one like the latest Nexon face lift (for the obvious reason of side skin pealing off) but the reverse gear collar of the old model is now button type on the new one. It's costlier than the old one too (not sure how much exactly) but it looks like it is not a straight fit and needs changes like the gear rod cover and also the gear rod itself if the reverse gear button need to work. See the picture for reference.

In case any one in this forum has changed the old Nexon gear knob to the latest model (shown below) without other changes or knows if that can be done without other changes, please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-gear.jpg  

satish_tns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 06:45   #3399
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for pointing that out. This one is chunkier than the old one to hold, with more rubber on the sides. The one you have shown is the very same one on Altroz. This doesn't look good at all. In fact I wanted to Test Drive the new Nexon diesel, but not finding time. I'll definitely have a look
Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
the replaced gear knob looks to be the same as the old model from your photo. I was trying to change the gear knob of my Nexon XZ+ (2017 Dec model) to the one like the latest Nexon face lift (for the obvious reason of side skin pealing off) but the reverse gear collar of the old model is now button type on the new one. It's costlier than the old one too (not sure how much exactly) but it looks like it is not a straight fit and needs changes like the gear rod cover and also the gear rod itself if the reverse gear button need to work. See the picture for reference.

Last edited by Sebring : 19th November 2020 at 06:49.
Old 19th November 2020, 12:37   #3400

Hey folks, planning for my Nexon's first service next week in Trivandrum. Can somebody recommend which service center is better here - Derik or Trivandrum motors?

I purchased mine from Derik though.

Cheers
Old 19th November 2020, 12:43   #3401

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post

Sorry about this, petrol does seem to have a longer waiting period. I got mine (Diesel XZA+) from Trivandrum in 6 weeks. Petrol variant waiting period when I booked was only 6-7 weeks. Waiting period was bound to increase because of more orders and lower plant capacity. Only if Tata and its dealers would communicate clearly. I raised it at multiple levels - reached out to my friend who's ex-Tata Motors, put it up on their FB page and messaged on Twitter as well. The FB post immediately got me a call from a Tata manager and assured me of a date. And I actually got it within that date as well.
Old 19th November 2020, 18:04   #3402
Senior - BHPian

Just thought of sharing. Did a short 350+odd kms round trip in my petrol, manual transmission, BS-4 Nexon.
Achieved a tankfull to tankfull fuel average of 16.6 kmpl. Cruising speeds were between 90-110 kmph in SPORT mode throughout with 60% AC usage (as in the early morning it was quite cool and one didn't need the air-conditioner).
MID showed 17.6kmpl. An optimistic reading of almost 6%
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-odo.jpg  

arjab is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 10:34   #3403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Cruising speeds were between 90-110 kmph in SPORT mode throughout with 60% AC usage
This is interesting. Contrary to my belief that Sports mode consumes more fuel then City/ECO, I did read some reviews that Sports mode is fuel efficient.

1)Was the Sports mode used throughout the trip?

2)What was your experience driving in Eco /City mode? Did you get a chance to notice the FE on long drives on these modes?
Old 20th November 2020, 11:19   #3404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Achieved a tankfull to tankfull fuel average of 16.6 kmpl. Cruising speeds were between 90-110 kmph in SPORT mode throughout with 60% AC usage
@Arjab - I guess your Nexon is a Petrol engined ?
16.6 cant be diesel.
Old 20th November 2020, 22:49   #3405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Test drove nexon manual petrol.

Wife felt difficult in slotting gears ( she is used to a manual Xcent )

I felt the gear to be a bit tight in the 2nd to third gear shifting.

Tried it multiple times with the clutch fully stomped in, and the problem persisted.

The TD vehicle had 16k kms on the odo and seemed reasonably abused
Hi, I experienced the same issue in the test drive vehicle. Every 2nd-3rd gear shift had to be done twice. Wife was completely disappointed with the gear shift. Still went ahead with the petrol Nexon though. Luckily, in my short ownership so far, I haven't faced this issue. Just reverse has to be done twice, sometimes, which am fine with.

Last edited by ZedMae : 20th November 2020 at 22:51. Reason: Typo corrected
ZedMae is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks