Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2022, 11:09   #4891
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post

It's basically a rat building a nest. So better take precautions.
Update, took the car to service centre and we found a live one inside! . He had cut both rear indicator wires and ac smells like urine. They cleaned the area and found this much sponge collected by the critter. SC suggested waiting a few days and if the smell doesn't go away, then open the dashboard and clean ac and blower. SA also showed me one harrier which had full family of rats living inside. It's whole wire harness has to be changed and is waiting for the part to arrive. Once started the car won't turn off unless battey is disconnected!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220903_101009.jpg  

mathewspaul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 18:13   #4892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
Thanks for some feedback on this. I got the side step installed a day before yesterday from the Dealership I purchased the car from. They offered me some discount and priced it at 14,250 INR. It was newer design with all-matt black rubberized finish with Nexon written in chrome. It looks way better than the old one.
Unfortunately, the installation was very mediocre. I found that the left panel was installed okay but the right panel towards the driver side was not aligned properly. When I asked the installation mechanic he said that it's due to the cladding gap/defect (but tbh, there didn't seemed any, its just bad installation IMO unless TATAMO really has such poor design gaps/flaws. I will post a pic that will do the justice to the words).

My car is due for it's first free service in few days, so I was wondering if they will take care of it for free of cost during service ?

In addition, today I drove the car over (what seems like a concrete pillar or something). I heard a very strong bang sound from under the car, I inspected the car's underbody at home sometime later and didn't notice any leakage except some water leakage which I suppose is from the AC condensation outlet. Pretty sure about that as it stopped after the car was off for a while.
I also tried checking for any major dents or anything under the body of the car but all of it seems painted black. Don't see any black paint chipped of anywhere (I am assuming that is the underbody antirust coating/galvanization coat).
The front bumper had a very tiny miniscule scratch below the attack angle.
The sound however was heavy, the dashboard shook! Can someone take a look at the video footage I clipped from both rear and front and suggest if I should take some cautionary measure and get it inspected thoroughly from a mechanic.
Apologies for a late response to this post, but thought of sharing my feedback on these 2 aspects:

Nexon sidestep:
  • The sidesteps don't necessarily impact any aerodynamic features (well, from a day to day usage perspective).
  • They are indeed helpful for kids & elderly people.
  • The drawback however is - they cause a challenge while trying to replace wheel (as you try to position the jack).

The video that you shared:
  • Man - that was indeed a lousy piece of concrete in the middle of nowhere.
  • Sound was more of a quick stroke (& not a steady friction).
  • Since you checked & didn't notice any liquid seepage, I will assume we are good (trusting Tata's build quality).
  • However, when you get the next opportunity - do get the car lifted for a proper inspection (your AC is working fine, right?).

Hope you are having & will continue to have many more miles of safe & enjoyable driving!
Old 5th September 2022, 23:52   #4893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbagna View Post
Apologies for a late response to this post, but thought of sharing my feedback on these 2 aspects:

Nexon sidestep:
  • The sidesteps don't necessarily impact any aerodynamic features (well, from a day to day usage perspective).
  • They are indeed helpful for kids & elderly people.
  • The drawback however is - they cause a challenge while trying to replace wheel (as you try to position the jack).

The video that you shared:
  • Man - that was indeed a lousy piece of concrete in the middle of nowhere.
  • Sound was more of a quick stroke (& not a steady friction).
  • Since you checked & didn't notice any liquid seepage, I will assume we are good (trusting Tata's build quality).
  • However, when you get the next opportunity - do get the car lifted for a proper inspection (your AC is working fine, right?).

Hope you are having & will continue to have many more miles of safe & enjoyable driving!
Thanks for your feedback!
It indeed was a deceitful pillar placed in middle of nowhere. I sometimes wonder what is God's name these road engineers think of when building roads. On the same note, I was lucky that it was Nexon and not some low GC Sedan.

For the side steps, the Initial fitment was poor and during first service I asked TataMo ASC to help with fitment but they denied it. So I had to take it back to dealership and they ack the fault and fixed it. Seems that the fitting angles they used to bolt the sidesteps was of older model of sidesteps.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-videocapture_20220906000028.jpg
You can easily see the gap between the side step and body.
There are two designs. One is 90 percent Rubberized finish with Nexon written in Chrome. The other is mostly chrome. While looks are subjective, the new one looks great!

I agree that side steps are helpful. My mother shared it to me that it has made getting in and out of car way easier for her.
In addition, it helped keep some scratches and damages away from the gates.
It seemed worth 15k INR, particularly its quality. Its very heavy.

My recent experience with TataMO was a bit of let down though.
It was first service at 600kms. I asked them to look into the side step, engine NVH levels and transmission being rough.

1. Side step : They denied looking into it. Maybe, they're right in their aspect.
2. Rough transmission: They tried to open the gearbox lever assembly but looks like they used force or did a poor hasty job. I noticed scratch marks in the glossy panel that covers the gearbox. I'm sure they used some sort of screwdrivers instead of prying tool :/.
While the gear shift feels smoother, its just barely noticeable or perhaps a placebo of mine. They said they made some adjustments.
3. I said the engine gets really noisy/vibration are clearly felt, and there is considerable power lag when pulling the vehicle in first three gears - in condition when AC is switched on.
TataMo said that this is by design :/.

I know that AC is supposed to drop power generated by few horses but in my case it seems to also add lots of vibration into the car at idle which would otherwise feel pretty silent with AC off.
Perhaps this is a 3Cyl thing ? Idk, perhaps some of you could answer if I should accept it or there's something possibly wrong like a faulty AC compressor or overfilled freons.

Last but not the least, I went it at 9 AM in morning and was made to wait until 3 PM :/. Seems like lots of Car but very few Technicians.

In addition to all this, the car came out dirtier than it went in.
I wish Tata was selling lesser cars, this way it would get more attention rather than a hasty checkup/service.

Last edited by rishi.roger : 6th September 2022 at 00:06.
rishi.roger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 08:43   #4894
BHPian

Got my 2yearly paid service done @ Sai motors, Rooma, Kanpur. Odo @15.6k km. Mine is a D XMA 2018.

Paid 5,800/-, got a discount of 450/-, didn't change the air filter, as had done the same a couple of months back. Some errors cleared.

All spick and span, no issues, non squeaks and rattles.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20220903140520.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20220903181230.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20220903140609.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20220906082728.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20220906082742.jpg
Vinod_nair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 10:11   #4895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Got my 2yearly paid service done @ Sai motors, Rooma, Kanpur. Odo @15.6k km. Mine is a D XMA 2018.

Paid 5,800/-, got a discount of 450/-, didn't change the air filter, as had done the same a couple of months back. Some errors cleared.

Isn't it mandatory to have HSRP number plates these days ?
Old 6th September 2022, 12:05   #4896
BHPian

Quote:

Nice car - looking smarter post servicing!

Just curious: It seems you got Nomad Mats (beige color).
  • Are those from 3M?
  • And did the provider cover dickey as well?
  • How much did you invest on them?
Old 6th September 2022, 12:52   #4897
BHPian

Hey guys,
My cousin has Nexon XE (May 2020). He is thinking about upgrading tyres to 215/60 section tyre. How much of a drop in mileage can happen from this? And is it safe to upgrade without affecting the wheel well?
Old 6th September 2022, 14:30   #4898
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't it mandatory to have HSRP number plates these days ?
I don't know, it's mandatory for new cars for now, I think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbagna View Post
Nice car - looking smarter post servicing!

Just curious: It seems you got Nomad Mats (beige color).
  • Are those from 3M?
  • And did the provider cover dickey as well?
  • How much did you invest on them?
Thanks for your compliment.
These are normal mats, got a roll, paid under 1k, and got it cut for both my Nexon and Nano, from my accessories shop.
Left over used as door mats

Last edited by Vinod_nair : 6th September 2022 at 14:34. Reason: Added the price
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 14:50   #4899
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know, it's mandatory for new cars for now, I think?

Thanks for your compliment.
These are normal mats, got a roll, paid under 1k, and got it cut for both my Nexon and Nano, from my accessories shop.
Left over used as door mats
Check this news article.
https://english.jagran.com/business/...digit-10034973

In NCT, its mandatory for all vehicles without any exceptions afaik. For other states, you have upcoming rules under which the traffic cops could potentially issue a challan if they don't find any other valid reasons, iykwim. The challan amount for not having HSRP is pretty big in NCT.
Old 6th September 2022, 23:43   #4900

Writing to see if an issue I have with my facelift diesel nexon occurs with other diesels here.
With the A/C recirculation off and the vehicle stationary or in crawl, the cabin reeks of exhaust fumes very quickly. An almost carbon monoxide like smelling gas i would say, but since i do not know what carbon monoxide smells like this issue adds to my worry.
I understand the quick fix here is to keep a/c on recirculate, but i have the car under warranty for a few more weeks and was looking to diagnose issues that could be rectified before expiry.
Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 11:33   #4901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyogi View Post
An almost carbon monoxide like smelling gas i would say, but since i do not know what carbon monoxide smells like this issue adds to my worry.
[/h3][/h3]
Get it checked asap, fumes leaking is never good.
But carbon monoxide is odorless so what you are smelling is definitely not CO.
vinodmk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 16:35   #4902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyogi View Post
Writing to see if an issue I have with my facelift diesel nexon occurs with other diesels here.
With the A/C recirculation off and the vehicle stationary or in crawl, the cabin reeks of exhaust fumes very quickly. An almost carbon monoxide like smelling gas i would say, but since i do not know what carbon monoxide smells like this issue adds to my worry.
When you disable cabin air recirculation - flaps are opened from the cabin to let outer air enter. You are in crawling traffic, so you are surrounded by vehicles giving out toxic exhausts in a congested area. Why are you surprised that your cabin reeks of exhaust fumes ? You are letting them in. This is expected behaviour. Anyway - why are you disabling the recirculation? If your car has ACC - the recirculation is automatically modulated anyway. If you keep it in fresh mode all the time - there will be more work for the compressor to keep on cooling hotter air entering the cabin.

And no - definitely you aren't smelling CO. Its an odour-less gas. That is one of the reasons why it is known as a silent killer. People don't even know when its being inhaled till its too late .
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 17:21   #4903
BHPian

Guys, Another query:

-I have noticed that when I turn the AC system on in Nexon Petrol, when at idle - I notice slight shuddering/vibration in the cabin. You can easily feel the vibration on steering and pedals.
In addition, when pulling the vehicle from standstill, it struggles with AC on, but when AC is off, its very smooth.
So much that I prefer to keep the AC off when the vehicle is stopped and has to move again.
I understand that when AC is turned on, it engages with the engine and that reduces power. However is the vibration and shuddering normal ?

If not, then I forgot to mention this to ASC during first service few days back. Should I wait for next service after 6 months or I can take it Service Center and they would be able to do something about it (free of cost ?).

Last edited by rishi.roger : 7th September 2022 at 17:22.
Old 7th September 2022, 18:16   #4904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In addition, when pulling the vehicle from standstill, it struggles with AC on, but when AC is off, its very smooth.
So much that I prefer to keep the AC off when the vehicle is stopped and has to move again.
I understand that when AC is turned on, it engages with the engine and that reduces power. However is the vibration and shuddering normal ?

If not, then I forgot to mention this to ASC during first service few days back. Should I wait for next service after 6 months or I can take it Service Center and they would be able to do something about it.
When the AC compressor triggers ON - you'll hear the "tick" of it, along with a change in the engine RPM + difference in the vibrations felt. Its nominal but can be felt in most cars if one is looking for it. If the vibrations are actually weird and not just a tiny bit - get it checked, there may be issue with some mounts or bearings.

Do you drive in ECO mode & is yours a petrol Nexon? This is the first time I'm hearing any Nexon owner mentioning about under-powered behaviour when AC is turned on. This is not expected at all, and you should definitely report it - you should have reported it at the service. Still I feel it might be a non-issue - since the ASC would have noticed & informed you if the issue was this obvious.

Now - you can call them, tell them that there is an issue post service that needs to be checked. Cost - you'll have to leverage on your your relationship at the SC or with the SA. Ideally get it done under goodwill-service check.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 11:56   #4905
BHPian

Came across this old article regarding Revotron 1.2T engine when this was launched back in 2014. It says this engine had 4-cylinders back then.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...parison-370051
Anyone know why TATA removed a cylinder from Revotron 1.2T engine in Nexon when they launched it in 2017?
ramotra3 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks